Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,625

Re: Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread 

Post#1761 » by Baphomet » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:23 pm

BUCKnation wrote:I still think we get Berahino, I think we're just calling their bluff.

If we pull Berahino, Son, and Wanyama tho...

Don't do it, man. It'll end in tears. :(

Expect Fabio Borini and a special partnership announcement with Stevenage, then anything above that is a bonus.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#1762 » by and1GS » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:45 pm

LOL. I think Levy would actually enjoy that, haggling over a 100k transfer fee with Stevenage; 'I won't pay a cent over 99k!'

That Real Madrid partnership has been fantastic, love all these best practices and core players we're leveraging from that relationship!
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,949

Post#1763 » by BUCKnation » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:46 pm

Baphomet wrote:
BUCKnation wrote:I still think we get Berahino, I think we're just calling their bluff.

Expect Fabio Borini and a special partnership announcement with Stevenage, then anything above that is a bonus.

Son seems to be on track with their sporting director confirming the medical portion and I'm still expecting Berahino, but I'd be very surprised if we got Wanyama. Dont expect to get him.
and1GS
RealGM
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#1764 » by and1GS » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:52 pm

BUCKnation wrote:
Baphomet wrote:

Son seems to be on track with their sporting director confirming the medical portion and I'm still expecting Berahino, but I'd be very surprised if we got Wanyama. Dont expect to get him.

Well if we need a CDM, might as well go for a proven talent from the Lane......

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1765 » by Baphomet » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:14 pm

Your posts are giving me PTSD with these Spurs failures, and1GS. I swear to god if you post Bassong I'm sinbinning myself :lol:
and1GS
RealGM

Post#1766 » by and1GS » Tue Sep 1, 2015 4:30 am

The deadline is upon us...who will Levy bring in? What level of disappointment will we feel? What type of hair gel does Toby use?

All this and more will be answered by the time I wake up for work. Dun dun dunnnnnn

Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1767 » by Baphomet » Tue Sep 1, 2015 1:16 pm

Looks like we're not bringing anybody in. This can only mean one thing... when Kane is a walking injured corpse from having to play every match, we can all expect the return and subsequent rise of Sheikh Adebayor.

and1GS
RealGM

Post#1768 » by and1GS » Tue Sep 1, 2015 7:08 pm

Sooooo is Ade going to be restored to the first team? I know he half tries most of the time, but it's a bit silly to exile him. Can't imagine he's this huge of a team detriment.

THE SHEIKH HATH RISEN

Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1769 » by Baphomet » Wed Sep 2, 2015 2:57 pm

So what's our best XI right now? Something like this?

Code: Select all

Lloris
Walker - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
               Dier - Bentaleb
            Son - Eriksen - Chadli
                    Kane

Subs: Vorm, Trippier, Davies, Wimmer, Mason, Lamela, N'Jie... Adebayor (????)
BUCKnation
RealGM

Post#1770 » by BUCKnation » Wed Sep 2, 2015 6:13 pm

Pretty much. Mixed feelings about this window. Would have loved a clear DM and a backup strker, but Dier has played well wherever we have played him. Need to sub him out a bit earlier as he tends to looked gassed by the 75th min. If Kane goes down we are screwed, but I think overall we have a better squad than when we entered the window, which is the most important aspect. Hopefully, better luck game to game follows.

We should get more goals from the RW position to take some pressure off Kane.

We go rid of a bunch of players who were outcasts (except Ade, but we certainly tried) and added some very nice depth. Looks like we have a nice 1 for 1 sub at almost every position other than a clear striker. My guess is we will use one of Chadli, Son, or N'Jie to give Kane a break as they have all played there, although, I have no idea how they are a solo striker.
and1GS
RealGM

Post#1771 » by and1GS » Wed Sep 2, 2015 7:00 pm

I agree, I think we came out better than we went in, but obviously there was a lot more that needed to be done.

Bapho, how could you forget that the Moussa should be let Loosa in central midfield!? Slide him in for Bentaleb and that's our best 11 IMO. Let's just pray we don't need late goals because nobody on our bench can score for ****. Unless Pritchard really surprises.

The defense is really coming along, we just make one idiotic mistake a match and are average in the air. Rose has looked very good in his brief time this season so IMO there's enough quality back there to become one of the top defenses in the PL, comes down to Bentaleb not firing a pass direct into an attacker's path though......

Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1772 » by Baphomet » Wed Sep 2, 2015 7:06 pm

I did forget about Dembele for some reason, but I'm not sure if I'd have him in my starting XI. My main issue with him is that he offers very little going forward, as wonderful as he is with the ball at his feet. I'll have to watch this full team healthy to make a real solid verdict on it, though. What we have in Son is a DIRECT player, who has a hell of a shot on him and can cut inside and cause havoc, or make runs for Eriksen to find or open up space for Kane. N'Jie also brings much needed pace in attack, but I'll need to watch him closely to see how effective he'll be. At the very least, he gives us a different approach from the wing play.

It'll be fun to see our new guys gel. I hope Eriksen can find his form and get the most out of them.
and1GS
RealGM

Post#1773 » by and1GS » Wed Sep 2, 2015 7:18 pm

**** you don't you ever bash the Moosa! His touch is sublime, reminds me of an old Tom Huddlestone.

I think he can play CDM, he's been good defensively this season and it's half getting him in the game, half getting Nabil on the bench while he's so out of form. Dier has been awesome and is growing at a fast rate, love watching him at CDM. Real enforcer.

and1GS
RealGM

Post#1774 » by and1GS » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:46 am

So it begins...England's greatest mid-table team takes on our biggest challenge yet in Sunderland. Eriksen is apparently out again, joy. Moussa injured as well and N'Jie not expected to feature. Who plays the center of our attacking trio? I assume Chadli/Son will be on the flanks, but 0 idea who goes in the center - Mason?

Let's get a result tomorrow!!! WOO

BUCKnation
RealGM

Post#1775 » by BUCKnation » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:34 am

I want to see Alli, but I doubt that happens. Probably Mason, with Bentaleb and Dier behind him.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1776 » by Baphomet » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:02 pm

Top bloke.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/R9Soldado/status/643064216254054402[/tweet]
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1777 » by Baphomet » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:32 pm

I really want us to try and sign Charlie Austin in January or next summer. He continues to bag up for QPR, and would cost substantially less than Berahino.
and1GS
RealGM

Post#1778 » by and1GS » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:53 am

WE GOT 3 POINTS!!!! BOOM BABY!!!

Dele Alli was a joy to watch out wide today - he was skinning fullbacks alive all match. Townsend put in a nice shift too in the perfect role for him - late sub who's asked to sprint up and down the flank. Kane just seems to be over-thinking things; during his incredible run of form last year it was clear that he was making split second decisions with great confidence, and that just isn't happening right now. He should have bagged one on a full volley late in the match.

We still look fairly ****, though it's nice to see Walker up his form this year. I think he's been the most consistent piece to our defense thus far. Dier continues to impress as well - his workrate is incredible and he doesn't back down from a challenge.

britblazerdude
RealGM
And1: 1,344

Post#1779 » by britblazerdude » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:18 pm

To Dare Is To Do? 13 League Titles. You've only got 2.
BUCKnation
RealGM

Post#1780 » by BUCKnation » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:07 am

Glad he is gone. He is still getting paid by what, 4 teams?

Return to The General Soccer Board