Official Liverpool FC Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

DD12
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread 

Post#381 » by DD12 » Tue May 24, 2016 11:40 pm

Bbc, sky sports, Telegraph all stating it is 4.7 million pound. Sorry your imcompetent board members couldnt even get release clause fee from liverpool. Pretty sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Post#382 » by Foye » Wed May 25, 2016 12:05 am

DD12 wrote:Bbc, sky sports, Telegraph all stating it is 4.7 million pound. Sorry your imcompetent board members couldnt even get release clause fee from liverpool. Pretty sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kicker is reporting release clause of 10 mil. € and literally everything that Kicker is reporting about Mainz turns out correct. They had the details about Baumgartlingers 4 mil. release clause correct as well.

English media probably just took it from that bullsh*t guardian report that we are in need of money and thus willing to sell for less. :lol:
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#383 » by danfantastk32 » Wed May 25, 2016 3:49 am

"Liverpool have completed the signing of Mainz goalkeeper Loris Karius for £4.7 million, with the 22-year-old signing a long-term deal."

Thats from ESPNFC.us Says its a 5-year deal.

But anyhow, sounds like we got a good goalie at a bargain...even if it is more. Good get! More more more. We need more goodies Klopp. I wanna see us start getting some hardware.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#384 » by danfantastk32 » Wed May 25, 2016 3:52 am

Here's to a good offseason! Look forward to some good talent, and guys that fit Klopp's system.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,437

Re: Re: Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread 

Post#385 » by Cactus Jack » Wed May 25, 2016 4:00 am

danfantastk32 wrote:"Liverpool have completed the signing of Mainz goalkeeper Loris Karius for £4.7 million, with the 22-year-old signing a long-term deal."

Thats from ESPNFC.us Says its a 5-year deal.

But anyhow, sounds like we got a good goalie at a bargain...even if it is more. Good get! More more more. We need more goodies Klopp. I wanna see us start getting some hardware.

Cheers to that!
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#386 » by danfantastk32 » Wed May 25, 2016 4:31 am

This was a quote from Klopp later in the article:
"I am delighted we have signed Loris, he has had a fantastic season with Mainz and has developed into a very good goalkeeper since his return to Germany,'' Klopp said. "I am really pleased that we were able to move so quickly to get him and that Loris has shown such a desire to come to Liverpool with a lot of other clubs interested in him."

While I know it's coming from the coaches mouth, so take it for what it's worth...it's nice to see that guys still look at this club as a worthy destination.

One day....we're gonna win the premiership. And I'm gonna freak out. Alot of people are gonna freak out. If I were a young player, I'd like to be apart of that team.

Sure wish we woulda done it under Stevie-G. Stevie...Hyypia....Carragher.....we had some good guys there, that certainly deserved one. Guy's who loved the team, and spilt a mountain of sweat, and pain.
DD12
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Post#387 » by DD12 » Wed May 25, 2016 3:43 pm

almost everybody is announcing that it's 4.7 million pound. crazy.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#388 » by danfantastk32 » Thu May 26, 2016 4:05 pm

This was from a news article on Soccernet:

"Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has expressed surprise at Mario Gotze's decision to stay at the club and urged the Germany international to reconsider his plans."

Well....I dont know about anyone else, but maybe its a good thing we didnt sign this guy. It just doesnt look too good, when your own team is trying to kick you out the door.

"Speaking to kicker on Thursday, Rummenigge has urged Gotze to reconsider his stance. We made everything clear to Mario," he said. "He knows what the club thinks and he knows what the future coach thinks."

I guess they don't think too highly of the guy. I haven't seen him play, but I got to imagine he isnt AMAZING, or else we wouldn't have stories like this.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#389 » by danfantastk32 » Thu May 26, 2016 4:07 pm

4.7 is pretty cheap. I suppose you can't go wrong for that price. If he's not able to unseat Mignolet....it won't be a massive hit to the club. I think we could use a better keeper myself...although I don't think Mignolet is bad. If this other guy is a bit better, that would be great.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#390 » by Cactus Jack » Fri May 27, 2016 8:34 pm

Klopp is reportedly after Sadio Mane from Southampton.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#391 » by danfantastk32 » Wed Jun 1, 2016 1:50 am

The Mirror says Higuain "wants to quit Napoli after scoring a Serie A-record 36 goals in 35 league games this season to help them finish as runners-up behind Juventus." If the one-time Arsenal target does move on, he wants to come to the Premier League and "is keen to play under Jurgen Klopp."

I like the sound of that article. I think defense is our biggest issue, but more scoring options work for me as well. Sounds like this guy wants to play for Klopp. Get him! The more the merrier.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#392 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Jun 1, 2016 1:59 am

danfantastk32 wrote:The Mirror says Higuain "wants to quit Napoli after scoring a Serie A-record 36 goals in 35 league games this season to help them finish as runners-up behind Juventus." If the one-time Arsenal target does move on, he wants to come to the Premier League and "is keen to play under Jurgen Klopp."

I like the sound of that article. I think defense is our biggest issue, but more scoring options work for me as well. Sounds like this guy wants to play for Klopp. Get him! The more the merrier.

Agreed.
Kyle_Connor
Freshman
And1: 11

Post#393 » by Kyle_Connor » Wed Jun 8, 2016 11:31 am

Hey fellow scousers!

As much as we love supporting our club but it hurts to accept that we are still building and breaking and building since 2010.
If any chance we could bring in Higuain this season, it will only be on the Klopp Status (Something that Rodgers lacked).

We need more than history to attract talent. Klopp is here to show the prospects and his work has already proven us as a team worthy to compete both locally and in Europe.
Have a quick read about our wonderful football family right here. https://www.google.com/#q=Liverpool+Fc+studymode
We have already signed quality youngsters in Karius, Matip and Grujic.
We need Markovic to come in and Higuain to add the firepower. We'll be good to compete for the top 4 this season.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#394 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Jun 8, 2016 8:02 pm

Kyle_Connor wrote:Hey fellow scousers!

As much as we love supporting our club but it hurts to accept that we are still building and breaking and building since 2010.
If any chance we could bring in Higuain this season, it will only be on the Klopp Status (Something that Rodgers lacked).

We need more than history to attract talent. Klopp is here to show the prospects and his work has already proven us as a team worthy to compete both locally and in Europe.
Have a quick read about our wonderful football family right here. https://www.google.com/#q=Liverpool+Fc+studymode
We have already signed quality youngsters in Karius, Matip and Grujic.
We need Markovic to come in and Higuain to add the firepower. We'll be good to compete for the top 4 this season.

Welcome! :wave:
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#395 » by danfantastk32 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:37 pm

Well, I am sad to see Skrtel will be going soon.

It's probably time we replaced him, and I know he was never an 'elite' defender, but I always thought he was damn good. He played hard, and I always felt he was pretty solid. Yeah....nobody's perfect, but he did just fine against some of the best.

Good luck to Martin, and thanks for your service. YNWA
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#396 » by danfantastk32 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:50 pm

Hmm....25 million pounds for Sturridge eh?

I personally lean towards making this deal. 8 goals last year isn't very much. True...it was only 14 appearances. But if a man can't stay on the pitch, what good is he? The best ability is availability....and this guy just keeps going down.

The guy can score. I wont argue that. We'd need to replace him with someone legit...not just pocket the $$$. But I think we can find someone who is able to play more.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#397 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:06 pm

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#398 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:40 pm

Mane physical on Monday.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#399 » by danfantastk32 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:56 pm

We got him. $30-mil certainly opens my eyes. That's alot.

Klopp has my support. So if he wanted him, then let's see what happens.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#400 » by HIF » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:58 pm

Are English clubs just being stupid with fees?
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:

Return to The General Soccer Board