Official Liverpool FC Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Mitas
Ballboy
And1: 7

Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread 

Post#721 » by Mitas » Sat Jul 1, 2017 8:52 am

We could feasibly play all four of Firmino, Coutinho, Mane, & Salah if we play Coutinho in the Lallana role from last year (assuming he stays for another year). But yeah, always good to have depth, especially with the extra games that come with Champions League qualification.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#722 » by HIF » Sun Jul 2, 2017 6:33 am

Defence is your problem. You should shell out for Keane, he'd happily play for an elite prem club getting european football.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
ana_86
Ballboy

Post#723 » by ana_86 » Mon Jul 3, 2017 6:56 am

Are you sure Keane would be happy? :D
ManAlee
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#724 » by ManAlee » Tue Jul 4, 2017 10:55 am

Is Keane coming to LFC? I thought he's sticking to his current club this season.
Mitas
Ballboy

Post#725 » by Mitas » Tue Jul 4, 2017 5:12 pm

He's gone to Everton. £25 million, which is a pretty reasonable price for a young, English player. You usually have to pay a bigger premium for that in the current market.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,424

Post#726 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:48 am

Ignore
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#727 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:47 am

Liverpool Reportedly Close to Securing Hull City left back Andrew Robertson in £8M Deal

These days, £8M doesn’t buy you a lot in the transfer market. It looks like it will be enough to secure Liverpool a new left back this summer, though, with a deal nearly complete for Hull City’s 23-year-old Scottish international Andrew Robertson.

According to The Guardian, Liverpool have agreed a fee with recently relegated Hull City for the player, who had just one season remaining on his current contract and was eager to secure a return to the Premier League.

Last season, the speedy young attacking left back was one of Hull’s bright spots in a generally disappointing campaign, making 39 total appearances and scoring three goals and six assists along the way. Though primarily a left back, he is also capable of playing further up the pitch.

Following a debut for Scotland in 2014, Robertson has gone on to make 15 appearances for his country at the senior level, scoring one goal. He will arrive at Liverpool expecting to compete with James Milner for the starting job.

Meanwhile, his arrival all but confirms that Alberto Moreno—as long expected—will be leaving the club shortly, and though a permanent deal is preferred by all parties, if one cannot be secured he will have to head out on loan for the coming season.

The arrival of a relative bargain like Robertson also suggests the club remain confident of signing their costly top choice targets at centre half and in midfield.

https://liverpooloffside.sbnation.com/liverpool-fc-transfer-news/2017/7/14/15973716/liverpool-close-8m-transfer-deal-andrew-robertson-hull-city
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,636

Post#728 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:38 pm

Robertson deal finalized. Well....we got one defender.

Really hoped we'd do a better job shoring up the defense this offseason. I have a feeling we're gonna have many of the same issues again this season.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,184

Post#729 » by coldfish » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:04 pm

Liverpool has been really stymied by their failure to land Keita and Van Dijk. They need more depth and better defense. Right now, their youth is going to have to play a ton if they make it through CL qualification. That will really cost them this year like it did last year in the FA cup.

IMO they need 3 more top level players. Salah, Mane, Coutinho, Firmino, Lallana, Sturridge, Wijnaldum, Can, Henderson, Clyne, Matip, Lovren, Milner isn't enough. That covers you for one game, not a season with 60 plus fixtures.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#730 » by danfantastk32 » Wed Aug 2, 2017 6:00 am

coldfish wrote:Liverpool has been really stymied by their failure to land Keita and Van Dijk. They need more depth and better defense. Right now, their youth is going to have to play a ton if they make it through CL qualification. That will really cost them this year like it did last year in the FA cup.

IMO they need 3 more top level players. Salah, Mane, Coutinho, Firmino, Lallana, Sturridge, Wijnaldum, Can, Henderson, Clyne, Matip, Lovren, Milner isn't enough. That covers you for one game, not a season with 60 plus fixtures.

Amen brotha....I felt this way all last season too. We lost Coutinho to injury, just got him back as Mane left for international duty, right as that dreaded late-december / early-Jan run of games hit. I think we went something like 9 or 10 straight games (not all EPL..but enough were) without a single win. Just dreadful, and it killed any chance we had of a title push.

Basically, we can't have a single guy out...or else we are screwed. No way to approach a season. Especially with the style Klopp plays. We did decent, thanks to no Europe....but we're in big trouble this season. And I'll pile on by mentioning we signed ONE defender (at least of note) ...something that we're gonna prob pay for as well.

I like Klopp's style....and I REALLY like Klopp. I so want him to succeed (for the record, I also really liked Brendan Rodgers, and was bummed he failed) but I feel like we're still in the same sorta holding pattern we've been in for a decade or more: Just kinda eeking in and out of Europe....but really not contending for anything.

I thought we had a great team last year....but we needed a couple better defenders and some depth. I don't think we solved any of that this offseason. I talked alot about our "window" in this chat board last season.....early in the season, I think we shoulda spent. I think last season was a great chance for us. You've all heard the hooplah around Countinho and Barca. We all know it's a matter of time. And then it's reset again.

I'm pretty upset with this offseason to be honest. And then to add to it all....Sturridge hurts himself in a friendly today. He say's is nothing....but with him it's never nothing. Why is he still here? He can't stay fit. Dunno....it's a little frustrating.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,184

Post#731 » by coldfish » Wed Aug 2, 2017 10:42 am

danfantastk32 wrote:
coldfish wrote:Liverpool has been really stymied by their failure to land Keita and Van Dijk. They need more depth and better defense. Right now, their youth is going to have to play a ton if they make it through CL qualification. That will really cost them this year like it did last year in the FA cup.

Amen brotha....I felt this way all last season too. We lost Coutinho to injury, just got him back as Mane left for international duty, right as that dreaded late-december / early-Jan run of games hit. I think we went something like 9 or 10 straight games (not all EPL..but enough were) without a single win. Just dreadful, and it killed any chance we had of a title push.

Basically, we can't have a single guy out...or else we are screwed. No way to approach a season. Especially with the style Klopp plays. We did decent, thanks to no Europe....but we're in big trouble this season. And I'll pile on by mentioning we signed ONE defender (at least of note) ...something that we're gonna prob pay for as well.

I like Klopp's style....and I REALLY like Klopp. I so want him to succeed (for the record, I also really liked Brendan Rodgers, and was bummed he failed) but I feel like we're still in the same sorta holding pattern we've been in for a decade or more: Just kinda eeking in and out of Europe....but really not contending for anything.

I thought we had a great team last year....but we needed a couple better defenders and some depth. I don't think we solved any of that this offseason. I talked alot about our "window" in this chat board last season.....early in the season, I think we shoulda spent. I think last season was a great chance for us. You've all heard the hooplah around Countinho and Barca. We all know it's a matter of time. And then it's reset again.

I'm pretty upset with this offseason to be honest. And then to add to it all....Sturridge hurts himself in a friendly today. He say's is nothing....but with him it's never nothing. Why is he still here? He can't stay fit. Dunno....it's a little frustrating.

For whatever reason, Liverpool is having trouble buying people. Don't get me wrong, Mane and Salah have been fantastic but sheesh. Robertson looks like a deep reserve player. Solanke is a prospect.

They apparently have a huge transfer budget yet can't find anyone to spend it on. Julian Brandt, Pulisic, Keita, VVD, Asensio, etc. have all been dead ends. Seems to be a problem across europe. Barcelona isn't going to get Coutinho, PSG may or may not get Neymar. No one can get Mbappe.

The transfer deadline might be really fast and furious as teams finally give in.
Next Coming
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,625

Post#732 » by Next Coming » Wed Aug 2, 2017 5:42 pm

Van Dijk deal should be done by next week. Keita thing isn't happening unfortunately. Leipzig being colossal jerks.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#733 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Aug 5, 2017 8:24 pm

Klopp is such a legend! :rofl:

https://streamable.com/hujzf
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#734 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Aug 5, 2017 8:32 pm

DP
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#735 » by danfantastk32 » Mon Aug 7, 2017 6:06 am

Barcelona apparently think they have Coutinho in the bag. Rumors of a 90-mil offer. Also reading we're giving up on Van Dijk.

Hope it's BS. I'd like things to go the other way, myself. Let's get Van Dijk and keep Coutinho. What's $90 mil do us, if we can't sign anyone? Did we get to the CL this year just to sell....and pitter out? I hope not.

Grab Van Dijk....and let's go see if we can't win ourselves a f** title, eh?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#736 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Aug 7, 2017 6:17 am

danfantastk32 wrote:Barcelona apparently think they have Coutinho in the bag. Rumors of a 90-mil offer. Also reading we're giving up on Van Dijk.

Hope it's BS. I'd like things to go the other way, myself. Let's get Van Dijk and keep Coutinho. What's $90 mil do us, if we can't sign anyone? Did we get to the CL this year just to sell....and pitter out? I hope not.

Don't believe what you read lol.

I hope the club doesn't sell Phil.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#737 » by danfantastk32 » Mon Aug 7, 2017 7:05 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
danfantastk32 wrote:Barcelona apparently think they have Coutinho in the bag. Rumors of a 90-mil offer. Also reading we're giving up on Van Dijk.

I hope the club doesn't sell Phil. I say that as a Barca fan as well. Rumors are Dembele is pretty much a sure thing.

Hope your right. Dunno....I hate to sound like such a 'debbie downer'.....but I've watched us go from that team that got the players it wanted...to the team that sells the players other teams want. No beef with Barca....but I'm sick of these 3 - 4 teams in soccer just buying anyone they want.

Frankly.....congrats on PSG for showing Barca what it feels like.

I remember the whole Gerrard fiasco with Chelsea like it was yesterday. I'm so bummed that he never won a title.....but god-damn I was (still am) so happy when he retracted and stayed home.

There is branding with fans......but there is also branding with players. At some point....we need to go all in, and at least shoot for the moon. You can't just sit here and be one of the greats of yesteryear. You gotta win something. And you won't win if you don't 'buy a ticket'. We gotta shell out, and take a risk at some point. Not go the other way, and sell our best player.

These rumors could all be lies....but I'll tell you this: When was the last time you heard about a super-star wanting to join Liverpool? Last I can think of was 10-12 years ago. Seems like these days the rumors all go the other way.

I know I sound like a super-impatient fan...but I'm really not. I just see us sliding further and further away. I said it before, and I'll say it again. We're not a team that can go buy winners. But every once in a while, we get a good squad....and we need to go all in on that "window". Because it's only a matter of time before the Barca's and Chelsea's of the world scavenge our team of it's legit talent.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#738 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Aug 7, 2017 7:23 am

danfantastk32 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

I hope the club doesn't sell Phil. I say that as a Barca fan as well. Rumors are Dembele is pretty much a sure thing.

Hope your right. Dunno....I hate to sound like such a 'debbie downer'.....but I've watched us go from that team that got the players it wanted...to the team that sells the players other teams want. No beef with Barca....but I'm sick of these 3 - 4 teams in soccer just buying anyone they want.

Frankly.....congrats on PSG for showing Barca what it feels like.

I remember the whole Gerrard fiasco with Chelsea like it was yesterday. I'm so bummed that he never won a title.....but god-damn I was (still am) so happy when he retracted and stayed home.

There is branding with fans......but there is also branding with players. At some point....we need to go all in, and at least shoot for the moon. You can't just sit here and be one of the greats of yesteryear. You gotta win something. And you won't win if you don't 'buy a ticket'. We gotta shell out, and take a risk at some point. Not go the other way, and sell our best player.

These rumors could all be lies....but I'll tell you this: When was the last time you heard about a super-star wanting to join Liverpool? Last I can think of was 10-12 years ago. Seems like these days the rumors all go the other way.

I know I sound like a super-impatient fan...but I'm really not. I just see us sliding further and further away. I said it before, and I'll say it again. We're not a team that can go buy winners. But every once in a while, we get a good squad....and we need to go all in on that "window". Because it's only a matter of time before the Barca's and Chelsea's of the world scavenge our team of it's legit talent.

It use to be club's like United, Real, Barca that would buy up players. Now, clubs like PSG & City with non-stop funds. Qatar money is no joke lol.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#739 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Aug 8, 2017 6:10 pm

jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,622

Post#740 » by jirrit » Tue Aug 8, 2017 6:21 pm

I don't really count Barca in the category of teams that buy every player they want. They don't really buy that often IMO.

Return to The General Soccer Board