Official Chelsea FC Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread 

Post#1021 » by J-Mezzy » Sun Feb 1, 2015 2:56 am

He had a great second half of the season last year where he was scoring a lot, hopefully we see that here despite being a new team/league. Hopefully he is motivated and buts into the tactics real fast because we do need some goals out of that position. Either score or assist, but create some goals.
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#1022 » by J-Mezzy » Mon Feb 2, 2015 8:11 pm

J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#1023 » by J-Mezzy » Sun Feb 8, 2015 4:26 am

Nice 7 point gap now. Things are looking good.

On the other hand, do you guys find the team dull to watch? I don't enjoy the games as much as I used to, I also don't notice much action on the EPL thread during our games. Has Mou turned us into a gritty team that is efficient, but not much fun?
SniperHawk10
Starter
And1: 156

Post#1024 » by SniperHawk10 » Sun Feb 8, 2015 8:09 am

I haven't seen too many Chelsea games, but from what I have seen this year, you look more exciting to watch then in years past

At times, they play with a much quicker pace. Quick ball and player movement

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
MountainDrew
Veteran
And1: 885

Post#1025 » by MountainDrew » Sat Mar 7, 2015 9:05 pm

Aaaand the streak is over. I had decided not to post here until we didn't win, Vitesse just drew against Heracles. Anyway, we really climbed the standings during this great month, currently 5th and basically guaranteed top-7.

So, the loanees. McEachran never plays really, but we could really use him next season. Vejinovic and Propper are most likely not going to be back, so there will be PT to be had if he's willing to come back after riding the pine so much.

You guys should forget about Wallace. Absolute liability on defense, terrible physically and underwhelming offensively. He had some moments going forward here and there, but our own talent, 18 year old Kevin Diks, is totally outplaying him which is great for me, but sucks for you guys. Wallace is not someone you will see playing for Chelsea.

Traore has made real progress and is developing. He has played very well as a striker, been a key player for us. He's not as selfish when he has the ball outside the box, makes better decisions, higher IQ, has made progress with his dribbling and has overall been very good. Still years away in terms of making an impact in BPL, but I doubt Vitesse will get him back next year. He could make a step to a better league.

Are there any Left Backs CHelsea could loan out next year? I'm so tired of F'ing Achenteh as our left back, he's shite.
Trust the Process
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#1026 » by 5DOM » Sat Mar 7, 2015 9:18 pm

MountainDrew wrote:Aaaand the streak is over. I had decided not to post here until we didn't win, Vitesse just drew against Heracles. Anyway, we really climbed the standings during this great month, currently 5th and basically guaranteed top-7.

So, the loanees. McEachran never plays really, but we could really use him next season. Vejinovic and Propper are most likely not going to be back, so there will be PT to be had if he's willing to come back after riding the pine so much.

You guys should forget about Wallace. Absolute liability on defense, terrible physically and underwhelming offensively. He had some moments going forward here and there, but our own talent, 18 year old Kevin Diks, is totally outplaying him which is great for me, but sucks for you guys. Wallace is not someone you will see playing for Chelsea.

Traore has made real progress and is developing. He has played very well as a striker, been a key player for us. He's not as selfish when he has the ball outside the box, makes better decisions, higher IQ, has made progress with his dribbling and has overall been very good. Still years away in terms of making an impact in BPL, but I doubt Vitesse will get him back next year. He could make a step to a better league.

Are there any Left Backs CHelsea could loan out next year? I'm so tired of F'ing Achenteh as our left back, he's ****.

Yeah, Traore went from promising to disappointing to very promising again in such short time. Funny thing is Traore (winger) is excelling as a striker and Bamford (striker) is now playing as a winger. I guess you really never know with youngsters.

Our best LB prospect is 16 year old Jay Dasilva who's already a key player for the league-leading U21 team. I don't think it's likely that he will join Vitesse though as he's English and not yet physically ready for professional football. Ake might be an option but I don't think he wants to go back to Netherlands.
MountainDrew
Veteran
And1: 885

Post#1027 » by MountainDrew » Sat Mar 7, 2015 9:31 pm

5DOM wrote:
MountainDrew wrote:Aaaand the streak is over. I had decided not to post here until we didn't win, Vitesse just drew against Heracles. Anyway, we really climbed the standings during this great month, currently 5th and basically guaranteed top-7.

Are there any Left Backs CHelsea could loan out next year? I'm so tired of F'ing Achenteh as our left back, he's ****.

Yeah, Traore went from promising to disappointing to very promising again in such short time. Funny thing is Traore (winger) is excelling as a striker and Bamford (striker) is now playing as a winger. I guess you really never know with youngsters.

Our best LB prospect is 16 year old Jay Dasilva who's already a key player for the league-leading U21 team. I don't think it's likely that he will join Vitesse though as he's English and not yet physically ready for professional football. Ake might be an option but I don't think he wants to go back to Netherlands.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's said that he wants to stay in England if at all possible. We are definitely going to need players next season though, as quite a few players, up to 9 or 10 are going to be gone.

Sucks that we wasted money on Dauda, he's been a massive disapointment, Djurdjevic, who we got for like 1/10th of the money has been way better. You guys saw his goal against Ajax? :bowdown:
Trust the Process
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,618

Post#1028 » by fatlever » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:07 pm

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/ ... a-midfield

I thought you guys might like this article about Loftus-Cheek (and also how he might impact the decision to sign Pogba or use that money on other areas).
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#1029 » by J-Mezzy » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:30 am

Sign Pogba? I didn't know we were in for him. He'd be a brilliant signing
mjba
Analyst
And1: 121

Post#1030 » by mjba » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:00 pm

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2 ... ID=TP_HN_1

“I don’t speak about Pogba or other players," he told reporters.

“The only thing I can tell you is that we look to our midfield players and between Fabregas, Matic, Ramires, Ruben, Mikel is injured, but between these guys we have a good group.

"Next season Ruben Loftus-Cheek will be competing for a first-team position. At the moment we are protecting him. Next season he will not be a number, he will be a player."

hmmm.

still think we will (and should) make a run at Pogba, if he wants to come here. (i remember reading something about Chelsea being his favourite club a while back, so i presume we're in w a shot).

w Ramires waning and Mikel not playing much, i think it's clear that we need someone else who can start at CM consistently - obv. not necessarily Pogba level. doesn't look like any of the loanees at CM will be pressing for the first team...if they did get Pogba they could comfortably use RLC (and/or Ake) in the rotation role w whoever is left out of Mikel and Ramires - w Cecs playing some time there as well.

here's hoping that we can string a couple of wins together and kill this thing off so that either Ake or RLC can get some time in the middle this season.
DD12
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Official Chelsea FC Thread 

Post#1031 » by DD12 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:06 am

Roman will not pay 100 mil for him. Juve won't sell him below that price range
lukekarts
Head Coach
And1: 335

Post#1032 » by lukekarts » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:02 pm

Pogba would be too expensive, I think, but absolutely the right type of player. Pogba/Matic behind three of Hazard/Fabregas/Oscar/Cuadrado/Willian comes very close to the dominant Barcelona midfield in terms of talent. Still not a ruthless possession machine though, we're a little too direct for that.

Separate to that, is anyone actually confident in this team at the moment? I have often slated Cahill but collectively we're not as good a defensive team as the media wants to make us out to be. I worry what will happen to us when Terry is out, Zouma does look talented but I don't trust Cahill and Ivanovic is a bit reckless. I'd like to see the club trying to sign another defender to fill Terry's boots long-term... I wonder if we'd go for Hummels?
There is no consolation prize. Winning is everything.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#1033 » by 5DOM » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:54 am

I actually think the problem is with the midfield. Both Fabregas and Matic are in such poor form, and they leave so much space behind them.
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#1034 » by J-Mezzy » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:00 pm

I hope we clinch soon. Beat Arsenal and have City drop points and move on with life. So disappointed with being out of the CL. Feels like we got nothing to play for.

Hopefully Mou starts playing different guys once we clinch. Guts like Remy and Cuadrado could use some time
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,625

Post#1035 » by Baphomet » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:25 pm

J-Mezzy wrote:I hope we clinch soon. Beat Arsenal and have City drop points and move on with life. So disappointed with being out of the CL. Feels like we got nothing to play for.

Hopefully Mou starts playing different guys once we clinch. Guts like Remy and Cuadrado could use some time

Is winning the league not enough for you lot? :o
DD12
Assistant Coach

Post#1036 » by DD12 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:24 pm

lmaoooooooo. look how much other team's fans wanna win j-meezy but unfortunately their team will never win :banghead:
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1037 » by Baphomet » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:49 pm

Just trying to make the point that it's still been a very good season for Chelsea despite the somewhat disappointing nature of their CL exit. Comfortably top of the league despite somewhat of a drop in form in 2015. I understand that the CL's the big prize, but a possible league and league cup double is a very respectable outcome nonetheless.
DD12
Assistant Coach

Post#1038 » by DD12 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:57 pm

I don't really think so. I am not a Chelsea fan and I don't live in England and maybe things are different over there but I am certain that it is not enough to make Roman, Jose and fans happy "enough" to win only epl and league cup. At the beginning of the season, Chelsea was favorite to win the league anyway. So they are winning it. If you are favorite at something and you are winning it, it is an obvious achievement.

Same goes for Barca, Real, PSG, Bayern and Juve. It is almost guaranteed that they will win the league(except spanish league). They care more about CL. They wanna win CL.

Two examples;

a) RM won the CL last year. Ancelotti's seat is extremely safe because of that. If he won the league but failed in the CL, then his seat wouldn't be as safe as it is.

b) Bayern won the league this year. If Pep fails one more time at CL, I don't think his seat is in safe hands either. Even though he won the league twice, it won't be enough to make the management happy.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1039 » by Baphomet » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:46 pm

DD12 wrote:I don't really think so. I am not a Chelsea fan and I don't live in England and maybe things are different over there but I am certain that it is not enough to make Roman, Jose and fans happy "enough" to win only epl and league cup. At the beginning of the season, Chelsea was favorite to win the league anyway. So they are winning it. If you are favorite at something and you are winning it, it is an obvious achievement.

Same goes for Barca, Real, PSG, Bayern and Juve. It is almost guaranteed that they will win the league(except spanish league). They care more about CL. They wanna win CL.

Two examples;

a) RM won the CL last year. Ancelotti's seat is extremely safe because of that. If he won the league but failed in the CL, then his seat wouldn't be as safe as it is.

b) Bayern won the league this year. If Pep fails one more time at CL, I don't think his seat is in safe hands either. Even though he won the league twice, it won't be enough to make the management happy.

I get the point that you're making but I think technically City were favourites before the start of the season given that they were, and are, the reigning champions. I know that Chelsea made some good signings, but you always have to fancy the team that won it last unless they sold key players without replacement, which City didn't. The last time Chelsea won the league was also 5 years ago, so I would argue it was far from a guarantee that they would win it this season, particularly in comparison to Bayern and Juve who have something of a stranglehold on their respective leagues.

The pressure Mourinho has isn't anywhere close to Guardiola and Ancelotti, he's idolised at Chelsea. Real's managers are constantly under pressure because of the massive investment and coaching rodeo they seem to have, and Guardiola is filling some pretty big shoes after his predecessors turned Bayern into a perennial European titan, and has massive expectations following his insane success at Barca. As you rightly said, anything less than the CL is probably considered something of a failure for them. Chelsea aren't at that level yet, and I think it could be a while until they are. If it was any other Chelsea manager I would agree with you, but Mourinho's success in his previous Chelsea stint makes him practically untouchable, barring something drastic. They could not win the CL in the next 10 years and win the league, say, 3 times, and I think he would still be safe and loved by the fans.

Going forward Chelsea have plenty to build on from this season, especially considering that they are comfortably in control of the league despite playing far from their best football in recent months. I also think that there's a good chance they could create something of a United-esque dynasty over the next 5-10 years if they keep buying smart. However, as a fan of a team who 'will never win' (despite being historically one of the most successful clubs in England and winning considerably more than Chelsea did prior to Abramovich's takeover ;)) you can never take winning the league for granted. It's massive and always will be.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Post#1040 » by Foye » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:56 pm

Any speculation where Cech goes in summer? He's still one of the best and has publicly declared he doesn't want to be a 2nd goalkeeper next season.

Surely, Mou doesn't want to sell within the EPL. :confused:

Return to The General Soccer Board