Official Chelsea FC Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, Baphomet, LittleOzzy

BlueLion
Freshman
Posts: 50
And1: 63
Joined: May 15, 2016
     

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread 

Post#1321 » by BlueLion » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:58 pm

@traiz, fatlever
I for instance would not like RLC on loan. He is with the squad almost 2 years (training, traveling,..) so I think loan wouldn't be a good move IMH. He need minutes in our team or he is gone. Also I don't know where we would loan him.
User avatar
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
Posts: 49,282
And1: 6,624
Joined: Jun 04, 2001
Location: Terrapin Station
     

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread 

Post#1322 » by fatlever » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:16 pm

BlueLion wrote:@traiz, fatlever
I for instance would not like RLC on loan. He is with the squad almost 2 years (training, traveling,..) so I think loan wouldn't be a good move IMH. He need minutes in our team or he is gone. Also I don't know where we would loan him.


Why is RLC so much different than some of the other huge youth talents that have been sent on loan? Why do Musonda, Christensen, Baker, Boga, Chalobah, Ake etc... all have to prove themselves on loan while RLC does not? I'm not really arguing for or against our loan policy. I really want to see some of the young guys get a legitimate chance to make it in the first team. I just don't quite understand the double-standard that seems to apply with RLC.

Anyway, according to some quotes in the media, RLC is catching the eye of Conte.
http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2016/7/20/12234642/everybody-back-on-the-ruben-loftus-cheek-hype-train

RLC must be a monster on the training grounds, because I can't imagine his actual game footage in the PL is impressing anyone. To be fair, he did look really good in the U21 tournament this summer, but so did Baker and Chalobah.
User avatar
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
Posts: 49,282
And1: 6,624
Joined: Jun 04, 2001
Location: Terrapin Station
     

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread 

Post#1323 » by fatlever » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:27 pm

Do we even know what position RLC is at this point? Is he a #10? a box to box mid (who likes to jog about)? a defensive mid (who has yet to learn how to tackle)? A **** striker for Christ's sakes? I mean, what the hell position was he playing in the last game?

Regardless, I stand by my position that Chalobah is the young midfielder that should be the closest to getting regular 1st team minutes. I think he'd make a solid backup for Kante and let us move on from Mikel, finally.
User avatar
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
Posts: 49,282
And1: 6,624
Joined: Jun 04, 2001
Location: Terrapin Station
     

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread 

Post#1324 » by fatlever » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:46 pm

And of course RLC scores today. LOL.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ChelseaRelated/status/755850494593990660[/tweet]
User avatar
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
Posts: 49,282
And1: 6,624
Joined: Jun 04, 2001
Location: Terrapin Station
     

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread 

Post#1325 » by fatlever » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:52 pm

But not to be outdone, Chalobah also scores

[tweet]https://twitter.com/chelseayouth/status/755852048986312704[/tweet]
User avatar
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
Posts: 49,282
And1: 6,624
Joined: Jun 04, 2001
Location: Terrapin Station
     

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread 

Post#1326 » by fatlever » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:02 pm

fatlever wrote:Do we even know what position RLC is at this point? Is he a #10? a box to box mid (who likes to jog about)? a defensive mid (who has yet to learn how to tackle)? A **** striker for Christ's sakes? I mean, what the hell position was he playing in the last game?


http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2016/7/21/12246374/ruben-loftus-cheek-reflects-on-his-new-role-under-antonio-conte

We aren't crazy, Conte is possibly trying to turn RLC into a striker, which explains why he has been playing so close to Costa. :o

In other young player news, seems like Ola Aina had another great showing yesterday. I didn't get to see the game yesterday, but every single thing I have read about the game mentioned Aina as one of the standout players. How great would it be if we could have Aina be the one to send Ivan to the bench this year. Beats the hell out of trying to splash money on a short term solution when we possibly have the answer in our youth team.
User avatar
Det the Threat
Head Coach
Posts: 6,165
And1: 279
Joined: Aug 29, 2004
Location: Germany
     

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread 

Post#1327 » by Det the Threat » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:10 pm

Just a little reminder on Christensen.

He gave an interview and stated that he doesn't know where he'll play in 2017 and that he'll take his time to decide, which means sometime in early 2017.
He also said that he doesn't have to play in England to develop and be happy.
The main thing he's going to base his decision on will be playing time(he also said something about the team and playing in european competitions, which Chelsea won't do this season, but I doubt that's the big issue here) and he also said that he hasn't heard from Chelsea/Conte so far.

Our sporting director also said that we're having a good working relationship with Chelsea and that there's a chance for us to keep him longer.
Image
User avatar
HIF
RealGM
Posts: 11,596
And1: 3,368
Joined: Mar 31, 2004
Location: France
         

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread 

Post#1328 » by HIF » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:37 am

Det the Threat wrote:Just a little reminder on Christensen.

He gave an interview and stated that he doesn't know where he'll play in 2017 and that he'll take his time to decide, which means sometime in early 2017.
He also said that he doesn't have to play in England to develop and be happy.
The main thing he's going to base his decision on will be playing time(he also said something about the team and playing in european competitions, which Chelsea won't do this season, but I doubt that's the big issue here) and he also said that he hasn't heard from Chelsea/Conte so far.

Our sporting director also said that we're having a good working relationship with Chelsea and that there's a chance for us to keep him longer.


Love your sig.

Kasey Keller - Leicester City.
No more talk about Family Riles. Just do you job! :noway:

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
BlueLion
Freshman
Posts: 50
And1: 63
Joined: May 15, 2016
     

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread 

Post#1329 » by BlueLion » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:21 pm

fatlever wrote:
BlueLion wrote:@traiz, fatlever
I for instance would not like RLC on loan. He is with the squad almost 2 years (training, traveling,..) so I think loan wouldn't be a good move IMH. He need minutes in our team or he is gone. Also I don't know where we would loan him.


Why is RLC so much different than some of the other huge youth talents that have been sent on loan? Why do Musonda, Christensen, Baker, Boga, Chalobah, Ake etc... all have to prove themselves on loan while RLC does not? I'm not really arguing for or against our loan policy. I really want to see some of the young guys get a legitimate chance to make it in the first team. I just don't quite understand the double-standard that seems to apply with RLC.

Anyway, according to some quotes in the media, RLC is catching the eye of Conte.
http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2016/7/20/12234642/everybody-back-on-the-ruben-loftus-cheek-hype-train

RLC must be a monster on the training grounds, because I can't imagine his actual game footage in the PL is impressing anyone. To be fair, he did look really good in the U21 tournament this summer, but so did Baker and Chalobah.

Well for one he is with the first team since early 2015 I think. Other young talented (even more than RLC) players are still without debut for our first team. But I think that this is the season where he must cement his place in rotation (or even in 1st eleven) or he is never gonna be starter in our team.
User avatar
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
Posts: 49,282
And1: 6,624
Joined: Jun 04, 2001
Location: Terrapin Station
     

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread 

Post#1330 » by fatlever » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:40 am

First half impressions Chelsea vs Liverpool

What a dismal display in that half. Great, we scored a goal on a corner kick due to some awful defending from LPool and the defense is compact while defending. That is pretty much the only thinga to be happy about. That version of Chelsea looked exactly like the boring, defensive, Mourinho version of Chelsea. Defend way too deep, allow way too much possession, lazy pressing up front. The rare moments Chelsea had the ball they were barely able to complete two passes in a row before giving it back. I do not understand RLC at striker. Once again, he was invisible. Willian doing typical Willian things, like giving the ball away, delivering crosses to nobody. Ugh. Hopefully the 2nd half, with some changes will look different. I mean, are we really going to, once again, be that team that gives up 60-70% possession and just defends for 90s minutes against any team with half a pulse? Is this really how Conte wants us to play? or is it just going to take time to change the style? Or was that simply about personnel?
Riko
Junior
Posts: 405
And1: 180
Joined: Dec 17, 2015
   

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread 

Post#1331 » by Riko » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:04 am

Three things about Conte:
1. He doesn't care about possession but he needs quality midfielder to play smart when Chelsea has the ball
2. He wants high defense when his team has the ball and deep pressing when the other team has.
3. Usually he wants his team open the floor to allow midfielder and fullback try to score.

Things will improve with cuadrado, hazard and kanté.
User avatar
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
Posts: 49,282
And1: 6,624
Joined: Jun 04, 2001
Location: Terrapin Station
     

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread 

Post#1332 » by fatlever » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:37 am

Ridiculously dumb challenge by Cesc and a deserved red card.

At least Chelsea's famed parked bus defense is in mid-season form.

On the bright side - Ola Aina had another solid game. Back 4 were in sync.
User avatar
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
Posts: 49,282
And1: 6,624
Joined: Jun 04, 2001
Location: Terrapin Station
     

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread 

Post#1333 » by fatlever » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:47 am

Riko wrote:Three things about Conte:
1. He doesn't care about possession but he needs quality midfielder to play smart when Chelsea has the ball
2. He wants high defense when his team has the ball and deep pressing when the other team has.
3. Usually he wants his team open the floor to allow midfielder and fullback try to score.

Things will improve with cuadrado, hazard and kanté.


His quotes from last month while in the Euros indicated a possible different style of play to what most Chelsea fans have been accustomed to watching for the past decade.

"I do everything except counter-attacks. I do not play on the counter. I never even train counter-attacks. It is not in my concept of football. When we have the ball, we have our ideas. When we lose the ball, we try to be tight, press the opposition and try to win it back as soon as possible."


but in my idea of football we want to play the game and use the ball. If we lose possession, we have to be aggressive and win it back in their half, as that'll make it easier for us to close on their goal."


"We are working on those concepts, today we met a side that again tried to not play. Even when they went 1-0 down, they didn't change their approach. With all due respect, evidently we are doing something right if the opposition sit back in their own half and wait for us."


Now granted, his quotes were talking about the Italian National Team, not Chelsea, and he clearly is willing to adapt his style to suit his personnel, but you can see how these quotes got some of us long-time Chelsea fans excited for the possibility of a high pressing team that doesn't just play with 10 behind the ball and try to score on a counter or a dead-ball set piece, like today.

Again, its still really early in preseason and much of the first team players didn't even play tonight, but what we saw tonight was a team defending really deep, compact (defending very well, but...) and waiting to hit on the counter.
mas1977
Freshman
Posts: 72
And1: 3
Joined: Jun 12, 2013

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread 

Post#1334 » by mas1977 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:08 am

Any chance Chelsea will let Traore go?

Ajax is rumoured to be interested and I really liked him when he was on loan at Vitesse.
Riko
Junior
Posts: 405
And1: 180
Joined: Dec 17, 2015
   

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread 

Post#1335 » by Riko » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:07 am

fatlever wrote:Now granted, his quotes were talking about the Italian National Team, not Chelsea, and he clearly is willing to adapt his style to suit his personnel, but you can see how these quotes got some of us long-time Chelsea fans excited for the possibility of a high pressing team that doesn't just play with 10 behind the ball and try to score on a counter or a dead-ball set piece, like today.

Again, its still really early in preseason and much of the first team players didn't even play tonight, but what we saw tonight was a team defending really deep, compact (defending very well, but...) and waiting to hit on the counter.


I think you don't understand what he means:
It is not a Barcellona style of play, with a lot of short pass and high pressing, he wants a compact team (even if it means defending really deep and he uses the word "tight") which put pressure on the opposing midfield on defense and try to take back the ball. Don't wait 10 behind the ball and let opponent try to score (Mourinho's style) but put pressure on them.
The most important part is tight: he wants defender and midfielder always be really close both on offense and defense.

But, I repeat, right now Chelsea lacks of quality on the midfield and speed on the wing.
BlueLion
Freshman
Posts: 50
And1: 63
Joined: May 15, 2016
     

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread 

Post#1336 » by BlueLion » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:33 am

mas1977 wrote:Any chance Chelsea will let Traore go?

Ajax is rumoured to be interested and I really liked him when he was on loan at Vitesse.

I really don't think he will leave. With Costa almost gone (instagram post and bio) he is probably our best striker :lol:

Good win, good defending, but it's clear we still have problems in some areas (DC, MC, new left back). But it looks better than last season.
User avatar
HIF
RealGM
Posts: 11,596
And1: 3,368
Joined: Mar 31, 2004
Location: France
         

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread 

Post#1337 » by HIF » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:25 am

Conté wants to play like Leicester.
No more talk about Family Riles. Just do you job! :noway:

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
User avatar
Det the Threat
Head Coach
Posts: 6,165
And1: 279
Joined: Aug 29, 2004
Location: Germany
     

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread 

Post#1338 » by Det the Threat » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:29 am

According to german media, Andreas Christensen could be headed for Borussia Mönchengladbach for about €20M.
Chelsea would receive a buyback option at some point later on.

We'll see what happens.
Image
User avatar
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
Posts: 49,282
And1: 6,624
Joined: Jun 04, 2001
Location: Terrapin Station
     

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread 

Post#1339 » by fatlever » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:31 am

Det the Threat wrote:According to german media, Andreas Christensen could be headed for Borussia Mönchengladbach for about €20M.
Chelsea would receive a buyback option at some point later on.

We'll see what happens.


Would be the type of dumb thing that Chelsea would do. What's funny is if the roles were reversed and Chelsea was trying to buy Christensen from Gladbach, they'd probably be asking for twice that much money.
BlueLion
Freshman
Posts: 50
And1: 63
Joined: May 15, 2016
     

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread 

Post#1340 » by BlueLion » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:12 am

I don't know why we would sell him. Maybe we need money for new Central Defender. Not a good move from our board really.

Return to The General Soccer Board