G.O.A.T

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Who is the greatest of all time? (in terms of overall career not peaks.)

Zidane
13%
Maradona
20%
Pele
16%
Cruyff
4%
Ronaldo(Brazil)
7%
Messi
27%
Zico
No votes
Platini
2%
Gerd Muller
4%
Beckenbauer
7%

Total votes: 55

MaliBrah
RealGM
And1: 4,326

Re: G.O.A.T 

Post#141 » by MaliBrah » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:52 am

El Turco wrote:i don't know if things changed but argentina didn't exactly have a system to speak of during world cup or days leading to it. one of the most poorly constructed and managed teams of recent history.

they didn't even take cambiasso to the WC after inter's wicked 2010 domestic season
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#142 » by J-Mezzy » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:55 am

nmabdi28 wrote:
El Turco wrote:i don't know if things changed but argentina didn't exactly have a system to speak of during world cup or days leading to it. one of the most poorly constructed and managed teams of recent history.

they didn't even take cambiasso to the WC after inter's wicked 2010 domestic season

Or Riquelme who has always been elite when playing for his NT
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
Le Roi
Pro Prospect
And1: 142

Post#143 » by Le Roi » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:03 am

J-Mezzy wrote:
nmabdi28 wrote:

Or Riquelme who has always been elite when playing for his NT

They took a very old and slow Veron IIRC
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#144 » by Slava » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:56 am

If they played Riquelme and Veron in midfield they'd get anal raped by any athletic and quicker opposition. They banked on guys like Pastore finding form but it just did not materialize. Since then they started playing Messi through the middle and been infinitely better.

Argentina just doesn't have good center midfielders.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#145 » by J-Mezzy » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:07 am

SlavaMedvedenko wrote:If they played Riquelme and Veron in midfield they'd get anal raped by any athletic and quicker opposition. They banked on guys like Pastore finding form but it just did not materialize. Since then they started playing Messi through the middle and been infinitely better.

They should have played Riquelme and not Veron. Riquelme was still a game chamger in 2010, Veron was way past his prime. The only reason why Riquelme was not a part of that team was because Maradona and him did not see eye to eye. I know Riquelme is a difficult fellow, but a coach needs to figure out how to make it work. It's not like at clubs where you are stuck with a player for many seasons, we are talking about a few months of preparation and a month long tournament.
Blank_Name
Banned User
And1: 5

Meanwhile, in Spain; 

Post#146 » by Blank_Name » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:12 am

Messi can't find his dick...needs help from friends.

J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#147 » by J-Mezzy » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:14 am

Another great game for Messi with Argentina. Higuain looks 100x better when playing with Messi behind him
Man of Steel
Lead Assistant
And1: 548

Post#148 » by Man of Steel » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:58 pm

Goal-scoring aside, Higuain's positioning and link up has been improving wrt earlier in the season. Glad he was able to bag a brace though.
HALA MADRID || GO LEAFS GO || LET'S GO RAPTORS
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Re: Meanwhile, in Spain; 

Post#149 » by El Turco » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:27 pm

Blank_Name wrote:Messi can't find his dick...needs help from friends.

i thought tattoo he got was pretty cool

TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,076

Post#150 » by sisibilio » Mon Apr 1, 2013 2:06 pm

J-Mezzy wrote:
SlavaMedvedenko wrote:If they played Riquelme and Veron in midfield they'd get anal raped by any athletic and quicker opposition. They banked on guys like Pastore finding form but it just did not materialize. Since then they started playing Messi through the middle and been infinitely better.

They should have played Riquelme and not Veron. Riquelme was still a game chamger in 2010, Veron was way past his prime. The only reason why Riquelme was not a part of that team was because Maradona and him did not see eye to eye. I know Riquelme is a difficult fellow, but a coach needs to figure out how to make it work. It's not like at clubs where you are stuck with a player for many seasons, we are talking about a few months of preparation and a month long tournament.

The thing with Riquelme is he needed to have the whole team at his disposal to shine, which obviously wasn't an option in this case.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,076

Post#151 » by sisibilio » Mon Apr 1, 2013 2:09 pm

5DOM wrote:*I'm sure he'll be just as good if not better in the PL, but I think the weather in England and PL's rugby players could hurt his long-term consistency a bit. So many of the small tricky players turn to **** for a few weeks after the Boxing week schedule.

Messi is short but far from tiny or weak.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#152 » by 5DOM » Mon Apr 1, 2013 2:20 pm

sisibilio wrote:
5DOM wrote:*I'm sure he'll be just as good if not better in the PL, but I think the weather in England and PL's rugby players could hurt his long-term consistency a bit. So many of the small tricky players turn to **** for a few weeks after the Boxing week schedule.

Messi is short but far from tiny or weak.

True, but neither are guys like Aguero, Mata, Cazorla, Silva, Hazard, and they all cool down for a month or two starting the boxing week.

Can't imagine it being easier to play in Northern England in winter than Spain tbh, especially with an extra cup competition and no winter break.
Maluco Beleza
Senior
And1: 55

Post#153 » by Maluco Beleza » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:37 am

Blank_Name wrote:Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima is ahead of Messi and possibly even Zidane.

He won it all and suffered devastating injuries throughout his career. He is a combination of Zidane's World Cup success combined with Messi's Club success.

Return to The General Soccer Board