Top 15 players in the world?

Moderators: kdawg32086, Baphomet, LittleOzzy

Lakers415
Banned User
Posts: 245
And1: 14
Joined: Jun 21, 2015

Re: Top 15 players in the world? 

Post#581 » by Lakers415 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:15 pm

I think the kid in atletico will break the top 10 this season as a CB. Kid's really really good.

Much better than the overrated english nonsense Stones.
User avatar
EArl
RealGM
Posts: 45,478
And1: 9,839
Joined: Mar 14, 2012
Location: Santa Cruz
Contact:
   

Re: Top 15 players in the world? 

Post#582 » by EArl » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:41 pm

Foye wrote:
DD12 wrote:
Lakers415 wrote:
italian league sucks when the top scorer is fing luca toni.


Alexander Meier was the top goal scorer of Bundesliga. Then BuLi is even worse than Serie A.

Dude your posts are insane. Are you related to cgf or foye by any chance?


I'm not related to any Laker fan. And if I was I would cut that tie lol. :lol:

:o
I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
User avatar
Arda K
RealGM
Posts: 47,968
And1: 18,756
Joined: Apr 11, 2007
Location: Frisco
     

Re: Top 15 players in the world? 

Post#583 » by Arda K » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:17 pm

bolo98 wrote:
El Turco wrote:
bolo98 wrote:name me 15 defenders better than Hummels

silva, boateng, chiellini, pique, alaba, ramos, otamendi, godin, ricardo rodriguez, ivanovic, bonucci, azpilicueta, mascherano, garay, kompany, terry

:lol: Terry? Kompany? over Hummels Koscielny and Naldo. just wow


so 14th best defender? now do tell us how is this same as 14th best player.

also terry was twice as good as hummels this season, and kompany sh*ts on him even with his corpse
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!


Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
bolo98
Ballboy
Posts: 13
And1: 2
Joined: Jun 10, 2015
   

Re: Top 15 players in the world? 

Post#584 » by bolo98 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:47 pm

El Turco wrote:
bolo98 wrote:
El Turco wrote:silva, boateng, chiellini, pique, alaba, ramos, otamendi, godin, ricardo rodriguez, ivanovic, bonucci, azpilicueta, mascherano, garay, kompany, terry

:lol: Terry? Kompany? over Hummels Koscielny and Naldo. just wow


so 14th best defender? now do tell us how is this same as 14th best player.

also terry was twice as good as hummels this season, and kompany sh*ts on him even with his corpse

based of this season alone the top 14 defenders are
1. Otamendi
2. Pique
3. Godin
4. Naldo
5. Rodriguez
6. Boateng
7. Ramos
8. Koscielny
9. Ivanovic
10. Hummells
11. Alaba
12. Chiellini
13. Silva
14. Azpilcueta
15. Dani Alves
bolo98
Ballboy
Posts: 13
And1: 2
Joined: Jun 10, 2015
   

Re: Top 15 players in the world? 

Post#585 » by bolo98 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:47 pm

El Turco wrote:
bolo98 wrote:
El Turco wrote:silva, boateng, chiellini, pique, alaba, ramos, otamendi, godin, ricardo rodriguez, ivanovic, bonucci, azpilicueta, mascherano, garay, kompany, terry

:lol: Terry? Kompany? over Hummels Koscielny and Naldo. just wow


so 14th best defender? now do tell us how is this same as 14th best player.

also terry was twice as good as hummels this season, and kompany sh*ts on him even with his corpse

based of this season alone the top 15 defenders are
1. Otamendi
2. Pique
3. Godin
4. Naldo
5. Rodriguez
6. Boateng
7. Ramos
8. Koscielny
9. Ivanovic
10. Hummells
11. Alaba
12. Chiellini
13. Silva
14. Azpilcueta
15. Dani Alves
User avatar
Arda K
RealGM
Posts: 47,968
And1: 18,756
Joined: Apr 11, 2007
Location: Frisco
     

Re: Top 15 players in the world? 

Post#586 » by Arda K » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:02 pm

naldo 4th? guess people allowed to have wrong opinions
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!


Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
bolo98
Ballboy
Posts: 13
And1: 2
Joined: Jun 10, 2015
   

Re: Top 15 players in the world? 

Post#587 » by bolo98 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:54 pm

El Turco wrote:naldo 4th? guess people allowed to have wrong opinions

you only watch BPL and Champions League so you wouldn't no how amazing/underated naldo is irl but its just my opinion so maybe im wrong
User avatar
Baphomet
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 9,302
And1: 2,718
Joined: Dec 03, 2008
Location: UK
Contact:
   

Re: Top 15 players in the world? 

Post#588 » by Baphomet » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:21 pm

Though he may be gone the spirit of GMgoran is alive and well
User avatar
Little Nathan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,917
And1: 2,728
Joined: Mar 11, 2013
Location: Germany
   

AW: Re: Top 15 players in the world? 

Post#589 » by Little Nathan » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:50 pm

bolo98 wrote:
El Turco wrote:naldo 4th? guess people allowed to have wrong opinions

you only watch BPL and Champions League so you wouldn't no how amazing/underated naldo is irl but its just my opinion so maybe im wrong


As a fan who mainly follows the BL I can tell you that Naldo isn't even the best defender on his team (it isn't close), that he isn't even a top 10 defender in the BL (again, not close) and that calling him the fourth best defender in the world is so ridiculous that I don't even know how to put it into words.
User avatar
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
Posts: 22,018
And1: 2,022
Joined: Jul 29, 2008
Location: Frankfurt
     

AW: Top 15 players in the world? 

Post#590 » by Foye » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:56 pm

Naldo is great offensively for set pieces. Whether it is his heading ability on corner kicks or him taking free kicks like penalties...he's very good there.

In his supposed core competence (defending) he is far away from world class, though. He is rather slow and thus tends to stand too deep which leaves a lot of room for opponent strikers to run into.

He is definitely a top 5 CB in the Bundesliga but mainly for his offensive skillset.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using RealGM Forums mobile app
bolo98
Ballboy
Posts: 13
And1: 2
Joined: Jun 10, 2015
   

Re: AW: Re: Top 15 players in the world? 

Post#591 » by bolo98 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:57 pm

Little Nathan wrote:
bolo98 wrote:
El Turco wrote:naldo 4th? guess people allowed to have wrong opinions

you only watch BPL and Champions League so you wouldn't no how amazing/underated naldo is irl but its just my opinion so maybe im wrong


As a fan who mainly follows the BL I can tell you that Naldo isn't even the best defender on his team (it isn't close), that he isn't even a top 10 defender in the BL (again, not close) and that calling him the fourth best defender in the world is so ridiculous that I don't even know how to put it into words.

1. i never said Naldo was the 4th best cb in the world i said off this season alone not overall.
2. THIS SEASON Naldo had the highest rating for a centre back on who scored on the entire planet
3. he led the world in interceptions per game this season
4. pretty much every soccer jornalist ive read has put Naldo in the Bundesliga team of the season.
5. if it "isnt close" that Naldo isnt the best Wolfsburg defender how come he got voted by bundesliga fans to be in the team of the season.
User avatar
Little Nathan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,917
And1: 2,728
Joined: Mar 11, 2013
Location: Germany
   

Re: AW: Re: Top 15 players in the world? 

Post#592 » by Little Nathan » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:19 pm

bolo98 wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:
bolo98 wrote:you only watch BPL and Champions League so you wouldn't no how amazing/underated naldo is irl but its just my opinion so maybe im wrong


As a fan who mainly follows the BL I can tell you that Naldo isn't even the best defender on his team (it isn't close), that he isn't even a top 10 defender in the BL (again, not close) and that calling him the fourth best defender in the world is so ridiculous that I don't even know how to put it into words.

1. i never said Naldo was the 4th best cb in the world i said off this season alone not overall.
2. THIS SEASON Naldo had the highest rating for a centre back on who scored on the entire planet
3. he led the world in interceptions per game this season
4. pretty much every soccer jornalist ive read has put Naldo in the Bundesliga team of the season.
5. if it "isnt close" that Naldo isnt the best Wolfsburg defender how come he got voted by bundesliga fans to be in the team of the season.


Well, I wouldn't put him in my BL team of the season. Like Foye said, I think he's much more valuable offensively than he is defensively. I'm not saying he's a bad player, but he's just not that good. There is a reason Wolfsburg had defensive issues last season (he's not the main reason, but part of the problem).

Ricardo Rodriguez is by far the best defender Wolfsburg has.
DD12
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,228
And1: 952
Joined: Dec 11, 2013

Re: Top 15 players in the world? 

Post#593 » by DD12 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:19 pm

Lmaooooo

picking best defender from BuLi
Lakers415
Banned User
Posts: 245
And1: 14
Joined: Jun 21, 2015

Re: Top 15 players in the world? 

Post#594 » by Lakers415 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:09 pm

You can't put fullbacks and centerbacks in the same ranking when fullbacks are more offensive outside of the top 3 (bayern, madrid and barca) cbs....

Surprised you guys missed out la liga kids.

Gaya.
Marcelo.

Centerbacks:
Gimenez
Laporte

Also, a ton of belgins rate knoche very highly from wolfsburg.

Gaya, gimenez and varane are the future of la liga.
No_20
Veteran
Posts: 2,542
And1: 315
Joined: Feb 06, 2013

Re: Top 15 players in the world? 

Post#595 » by No_20 » Thu Sep 3, 2015 8:52 pm

Amazing from Bale. Moves up in the list after that achievement.

1. Messi
2. Ronaldo
3. Suarez
4. Bale
5. Neymar
6. James
7. Müller
8. Modric
9. Robben
10. Ibrahimovic
11. De Bruyne
12. Hazard
13. Müller
14. Agüero
15. Sanchez
Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, Kevin Garnett, Toni Kroos, Pep Guardiola, Ernst Happel, Joachim Löw.
User avatar
and1GS
RealGM
Posts: 22,461
And1: 1,229
Joined: Nov 12, 2008
Location: home of 2x champs + supporter of all-time weakest moves
     

Re: Top 15 players in the world? 

Post#596 » by and1GS » Thu Sep 3, 2015 9:08 pm

No_20 wrote:Amazing from Bale. Moves up in the list after that achievement.

1. Messi
2. Ronaldo
3. Suarez
4. Bale
5. Neymar
6. James
7. Müller
8. Modric
9. Robben
10. Ibrahimovic
11. De Bruyne
12. Hazard
13. Müller
14. Agüero
15. Sanchez


Two Spurs in that top 8 :nonono:
shazam_guy wrote:Everything is bad. I don't know why I get out of bed. And on top of it all, my prostate left me for another man.

Quazza wrote:ALL FUTURE ERECTIONS WILL BE NAMED KEVIN FOR BEING SUCH A STAND UP GUY
User avatar
Baphomet
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 9,302
And1: 2,718
Joined: Dec 03, 2008
Location: UK
Contact:
   

Re: Top 15 players in the world? 

Post#597 » by Baphomet » Thu Sep 3, 2015 9:09 pm

and1GS wrote:Two Spurs in that top 8 :nonono:


Bentaleb and Mason will be up there soon, don't worry.
No_20
Veteran
Posts: 2,542
And1: 315
Joined: Feb 06, 2013

Re: Top 15 players in the world? 

Post#598 » by No_20 » Thu Sep 3, 2015 9:23 pm

I forgot Pogba. He is obviously a top 15 player as well.
Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, Kevin Garnett, Toni Kroos, Pep Guardiola, Ernst Happel, Joachim Löw.
dorkestra
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,840
And1: 3,623
Joined: Mar 03, 2013
       

Re: Top 15 players in the world? 

Post#599 » by dorkestra » Sun Sep 6, 2015 1:34 pm

Lionel Messi
Cristiano Ronaldo
Luis Suarez
Neymar
Gareth Bale
Paul Pogba
James Rodriguez
Arturo Vidal
Eden Hazard
Javier Mascherano
Thomas Muller
Yaya Toure
Sergio Aguero
Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Arjen Robben
User avatar
fahdre
Freshman
Posts: 54
And1: 42
Joined: Jan 15, 2014
   

Re: Top 15 players in the world? 

Post#600 » by fahdre » Sun Sep 6, 2015 3:28 pm

ardee wrote:1. Ronaldo
2. Zlatan
3. Suarez
4. Messi
5. Robben
6. Vidal
7. Lahm
8. Ribery (would be higher but for injuries)
9. Toure
10. Modric possibly (homer pick)

I choose to stay out of the Messi/Ronaldo debate so I'm not even going to get into that. But to have Suarez & Ibra over Messi is laughable and quite frankly, just makes you look like an utter fool. You must be a typical Madridiot to have this opinion.

Return to The General Soccer Board