Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Post#1 » by LittleOzzy » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:48 am

Season starts in August, will anyone be able to stop Juventus?
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: 2014 

Post#2 » by LittleOzzy » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:35 pm

Pinilla ‘to leave Serie A’

Cagliari forward Mauricio Pinilla has confirmed he will be leaving Sardinia in order to move to a club outside Italy.

The 30-year-old is currently playing at the World Cup with Chile but was yesterday questioned by reporters about his club future.

He responded by saying that though he has spoken to new Cagliari Coach Zdenek Zeman, his decision to move on has not changed.

“I’ve spoken to Zeman but I had already taken my decision to leave Cagliari,” Pinilla said following Chile’s match against Holland.

“Will I stay in Italy? No, I’ll go abroad.”

http://www.football-italia.net/51034/pi ... a%E2%80%99
Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#3 » by Doormatt » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:19 pm

ill take things no one cares about for 500 Alex.
#doorgek
SirHuey
General Manager
And1: 2,737

Post#4 » by SirHuey » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:27 pm

Roma treble woooo
Doormatt
RealGM

Post#5 » by Doormatt » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:44 pm

Unlikely we win anything at the time, we are not deep enough to compete domestically + in the CL. Also Roma seriously need a left back, another winger and a striker/false 9/center forward since totti definitely will be limited next season as far as games/minutes. so far we've only signed Ucan who seems to be decent depth, but the rumor is that we will loan him to verona as part of a deal for iturbe. Marko Basa is apparently also a lock, which i absolutely love as a back up CB. hes pretty underrated, i honestly think he could challenge for a starting spot.

i dont believe we will have the funds to fill the holes in the starting 11 AND get enough depth, but we shall see what happens.
#doorgek
SirHuey
General Manager

Post#6 » by SirHuey » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:51 pm

Doormatt wrote:Unlikely we win anything at the time, we are not deep enough to compete domestically + in the CL. Also Roma seriously need a left back, another winger and a striker/false 9/center forward since totti definitely will be limited next season as far as games/minutes. so far we've only signed Ucan who seems to be decent depth, but the rumor is that we will loan him to verona as part of a deal for iturbe. Marko Basa is apparently also a lock, which i absolutely love as a back up CB. hes pretty underrated, i honestly think he could challenge for a starting spot.

i dont believe we will have the funds to fill the holes in the starting 11 AND get enough depth, but we shall see what happens.

We also signed Keita. We definitely need an LB, it's our only weak position. I can see us competing for the Scudetto though. Our CL group will likely be tough due to our terrible coefficient as of the past few years. Oh and I'm also hoping that we replace Ljajic.
Doormatt
RealGM

Post#7 » by Doormatt » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:31 am

TottiGOAT wrote:We also signed Keita. We definitely need an LB, it's our only weak position. I can see us competing for the Scudetto though. Our CL group will likely be tough due to our terrible coefficient as of the past few years. Oh and I'm also hoping that we replace Ljajic.

hence why i believe we need another winger, Ljajic is just not up to it. florenzi is also not a winger despite the fact that we use him there often. we are very thin as far as wingers outside of gervinho. i also believe destro needs one more season before we can rely on him to be first option goalscorer but i could be wrong. hes insanely talented.i have heard the Eto'o/Drogba rumors and would not mind either.

i actually think our style of football is better suited to european competition, but you could be right about getting a tough group.
#doorgek
SirHuey
General Manager

Post#8 » by SirHuey » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:03 am

Doormatt wrote:
TottiGOAT wrote:We also signed Keita. We definitely need an LB, it's our only weak position. I can see us competing for the Scudetto though. Our CL group will likely be tough due to our terrible coefficient as of the past few years. Oh and I'm also hoping that we replace Ljajic.

hence why i believe we need another winger, Ljajic is just not up to it. florenzi is also not a winger despite the fact that we use him there often. we are very thin as far as wingers outside of gervinho. i also believe destro needs one more season before we can rely on him to be first option goalscorer but i could be wrong. hes insanely talented.i have heard the Eto'o/Drogba rumors and would not mind either.

i actually think our style of football is better suited to european competition, but you could be right about getting a tough group.

Florenzi is pretty much a winger now, I think Rudi said he doesn't track back enough or something. I'm not big on Eto'o/Drogba, both look finished to me. We were being linked with Jackson Martinez, that would be a great signing. Should be an interesting season, I hope Totti can add at least 1 more Scudetto to his resume before he retires.
Doormatt
RealGM

Post#9 » by Doormatt » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:31 am

TottiGOAT wrote:Florenzi is pretty much a winger now, I think Rudi said he doesn't track back enough or something. I'm not big on Eto'o/Drogba, both look finished to me. We were being linked with Jackson Martinez, that would be a great signing. Should be an interesting season, I hope Totti can add at least 1 more Scudetto to his resume before he retires.

Florenzi is really a utility player, he can play pretty much anywhere, but i dont think hes a CL quality winger.

Martinez will likely cost 25-30 million, theres literally no way we can spend that much on someone like him. someone like Alexis Sanchez i could see it but were not gonna spend nearly our entire budget on Jackson Martinez.

and we only need Eto'o/Drogba for depth, and more importantly they are players with tons of CL experience, you cant do much better for free transfers.
#doorgek
DD12
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Post#10 » by DD12 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:25 am

If Salih Ucan can get playing time, he will have a Lamela impact. Dude is very talented.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doormatt
RealGM

Post#11 » by Doormatt » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:36 am

DD12 wrote:If Salih Ucan can get playing time, he will have a Lamela impact. Dude is very talented.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is what i have heard, not sure about lamela-level but hes apparently quite talented. however like i said the rumor is we are going to use him to get Iturbe.

i dont see where Ucan will get time is the problem - i assume he will be backing up Pjanic. we have Paredes there too who also has tons of potential.
#doorgek
Doormatt
RealGM

Post#12 » by Doormatt » Wed Jul 2, 2014 4:03 am

Juve have pretty much signed Iturbe it looks like, hes already agreed to terms. £16m plus Quags. not bad.
#doorgek
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by LittleOzzy » Mon Jul 7, 2014 1:19 pm

Ashley Cole to complete Roma medical and hold further talks with Serie A side after release from Chelsea

Ashley Cole is due to have a medical and hold further talks with Roma on Monday.

The Rome-based newspaper Il Romanista ran the headline 'Yes we Cole' on their Sunday edition and reported that a two-year deal for the experienced left-back was already sewn up.

A contract is yet to be signed, but the move does seem imminent with Cole set to complete a medical with the Serie A club.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... elsea.html
Ted Lasso
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#14 » by Ted Lasso » Tue Jul 8, 2014 3:17 pm

DD12 wrote:If Salih Ucan can get playing time, he will have a Lamela impact. Dude is very talented.

Hmmm i dunno. Let's see what Massimo thinks of him just to be sure.

Ted Lasso wrote:Turkey could be quite good soon. It's already their strongest area but they've got a very promising group of midfielders coming through. Ozyakup, Calhanoglu, and the kid with the afro from the U20 World Cup are all good.

DD12 wrote:Ted: wrong. Those guys are just average.
Det the Threat
Head Coach
And1: 354

Post#15 » by Det the Threat » Tue Jul 8, 2014 3:26 pm

Doormatt wrote:Juve have pretty much signed Iturbe it looks like, hes already agreed to terms. £16m plus Quags. not bad.

Not so fast.
Transfer still hasn't happened(Milan somehow is trying to buy him as well) and Quags just transferred to Torino.

BTW: If Juve gets Iturbe then Milan will sign Cerci, right? Or will Cerci go to Atletico instead?
Doormatt
RealGM

Post#16 » by Doormatt » Tue Jul 8, 2014 10:47 pm

depends on what Roma want to do, if they strike out on all their other targets they will probably go after Cerci since he will be affordable and is likely keen to come back.
#doorgek
britblazerdude
RealGM
And1: 1,344

Post#17 » by britblazerdude » Tue Jul 8, 2014 10:48 pm

I got written off for my Scottish football thread, yet we think it's okay to have a Serie A thread?
To Dare Is To Do? 13 League Titles. You've only got 2.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by LittleOzzy » Tue Jul 8, 2014 10:58 pm

britblazerdude wrote:I got written off for my Scottish football thread, yet we think it's okay to have a Serie A thread?

Last year's Serie A thread went 30 pages, this one will likely be more as the popularity of the board grows.
britblazerdude
RealGM

Post#19 » by britblazerdude » Tue Jul 8, 2014 11:05 pm

LittleOzzy wrote:
britblazerdude wrote:I got written off for my Scottish football thread, yet we think it's okay to have a Serie A thread?

Last year's Serie A thread went 30 pages, this one will likely be more as the popularity of the board grows.

Was really just a dig at the lack of quality in the current Serie A :)
britblazerdude
RealGM

Post#20 » by britblazerdude » Tue Jul 8, 2014 11:06 pm

Though Serie A is remarkably boring compared to all the other big leagues. Personal opinion.

Return to The General Soccer Board