Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Re: 2014 

Post#621 » by Doormatt » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:34 pm

welll this game has gone to ****, already 2 players subbed off due to injury.
#doorgek
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,111

Post#622 » by magik9113 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:17 pm

sucks about Roma's injuries. Had to miss the second half, anyone care to summarize?
Doormatt
RealGM

Post#623 » by Doormatt » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:21 pm

roma looked much more dangerous in the 2nd half, iturbe dove for a penalty and ljajic took it but neto made a spectacular save. neither team looked impressive, it was really another one our patented 1-1 draws so if youve seen any of those you didnt miss anything.
#doorgek
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#624 » by magik9113 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:50 am

^yes I understand. Hope De Rossi and Manolas are ok.

Torino and Inter lose by 2 away. Torino got a red in the first half so that pretty much killed it for them. Inter sucks so that pretty much killed it for them.
Roma-Fiorentina remains a toss up. From an outsider perspective Roma may as well drop it and just focus on 2nd place
Doormatt
RealGM

Post#625 » by Doormatt » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:05 am

Pjanic finally showed signs of life this which was great too.

Also in fairness to inter, Carrizo was awful and responsible for at least two of the goals especially that free kick, absolutely no way that should ever go in. no idea why handanovic isnt starting in such a big game.

at the very least it looks like 2 italian teams will be going thru.
#doorgek
T_Snell20
Freshman
And1: 78

Post#626 » by T_Snell20 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:50 am

Any Inter fans here?
How on earth was Mancini not starting Handanovic, I understand, that Carrizo was used before in EL, but come on. That is/was the last chance for Inter to play CL next year. Just play your best starting XI. There is a bit hope for the next game thinking about the Inter-Spurs clash, where Inter almost went thru, after they lost the first game 3-0 (second leg was then 4-1 for Inter).

Anyway, I would be really mad, if this was my team yesterday. In my opinion Mancini is nothing special. The players he had at City, never achieved something in CL with them and luckily won the Premier League (and with Inter before, they just were lucky, juve got relegated...) Inter is having a quite strong team, but with a coach like that, I don´t think they can make something special.
Doormatt
RealGM

Post#627 » by Doormatt » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:40 am

i dont think inter are that good, their attack certainly has the chance to be incredible and they have some of the best offensive talent in italy, but their midfield is mediocre and their defense is truly awful. only juan jesus deserves to play. they have a great young core though and they could be dangerous if they can keep their best players.
#doorgek
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#628 » by J-Mezzy » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:00 am

Rumor is they bought Colombian CB Murillo. Good buy if they are struggling defensively
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
T_Snell20
Freshman
And1: 78

Post#629 » by T_Snell20 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:48 pm

Marchisio again just can't get a break, this is ridiculous :banghead:
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,910

Post#630 » by cgf » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:33 pm

Doormatt wrote:i dont think inter are that good, their attack certainly has the chance to be incredible and they have some of the best offensive talent in italy, but their midfield is mediocre and their defense is truly awful. only juan jesus deserves to play. they have a great young core though and they could be dangerous if they can keep their best players.

Any thoughts on why that midfield doesn't work better for them? I think Medel's a good tough holder and the trio of Guarin, Hernanes and Kovacec is a strong set of 8s to play in front of him. Just looking at the names on the squad sheet that should be the strength of the team and what drives their play.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#631 » by magik9113 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:11 am

Luca Toni seriously should have been at the World Cup lol

cgf wrote:
Doormatt wrote:i dont think inter are that good, their attack certainly has the chance to be incredible and they have some of the best offensive talent in italy, but their midfield is mediocre and their defense is truly awful. only juan jesus deserves to play. they have a great young core though and they could be dangerous if they can keep their best players.

Any thoughts on why that midfield doesn't work better for them? I think Medel's a good tough holder and the trio of Guarin, Hernanes and Kovacec is a strong set of 8s to play in front of him. Just looking at the names on the squad sheet that should be the strength of the team and what drives their play.

I have no idea why they don't perform better. Some games they look amazing, other games they look like they've never played together before.
I think one thing may be that they have midfielders who all prefer the same role in Hernanes, Kovacic, and Shaqiri. I could be mistaken about Shaqiri cause I don't know enough about his preferences but Hernanes and Kovacic both are best in an advanced role in the center behind the strikers, but are asked to play more like Guarin does. They may need to get more creative with their formations.
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#632 » by magik9113 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:42 pm

Samp just put Roma to bed
Muriel comes on and puts em up 2-0. Eto'o has played very well today too. Roma has looked pretty bad.

even worse now for Roma, Keita gets a red for clapping in the ref's face after receiving a yellow. The reaction was needless but I totally feel bad for him. I have no clue why he got the yellow and I've come to love him as a player this season
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Post#633 » by Foye » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:34 am

Can't believe Roma are still in 2nd place. Just one win since match day 18. :crazy:
Doormatt
RealGM

Post#634 » by Doormatt » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:29 pm

magik9113 wrote:Samp just put Roma to bed
Muriel comes on and puts em up 2-0. Eto'o has played very well today too. Roma has looked pretty bad.

even worse now for Roma, Keita gets a red for clapping in the ref's face after receiving a yellow. The reaction was needless but I totally feel bad for him. I have no clue why he got the yellow and I've come to love him as a player this season

we werent that bad, we dominated them in the first half, viviani was a monster. score line was not indicative of the game but oh well what can you do other than cry.

Keita is pure class, probably our best player this season. He got the yellow for an elbow and then a second yellow for clapping at the ref which is a dumb rule. we might as well play him as a striker cuz hes the only one that can score goals at this point
#doorgek
Doormatt
RealGM

Post#635 » by Doormatt » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:55 pm

btw where would juve be if they lost chillieni, pogba and bonucci this season? cuz thats exactly what roma has lost the equivalent to.
#doorgek
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Post#636 » by Foye » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:14 am

Doormatt wrote:btw where would juve be if they lost chillieni, pogba and bonucci this season? cuz thats exactly what roma has lost the equivalent to.

Top of the table. :wave:
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#637 » by J-Mezzy » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:18 am

Muriel and Etoo looking good together
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#638 » by magik9113 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:20 pm

Doormatt wrote:
magik9113 wrote:Samp just put Roma to bed

we werent that bad, we dominated them in the first half, viviani was a monster. score line was not indicative of the game but oh well what can you do other than cry.

Keita is pure class, probably our best player this season. He got the yellow for an elbow and then a second yellow for clapping at the ref which is a dumb rule. we might as well play him as a striker cuz hes the only one that can score goals at this point

gotcha, I only watched the 2nd half.

I doubt Juve would be in first without those three
Doormatt
RealGM

Post#639 » by Doormatt » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:39 pm

Foye wrote:
Doormatt wrote:btw where would juve be if they lost chillieni, pogba and bonucci this season? cuz thats exactly what roma has lost the equivalent to.

Top of the table. :wave:

high doubtful but im sure you watch plenty of Serie A right?
#doorgek
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,910

Post#640 » by cgf » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:53 pm

magik9113 wrote:Luca Toni seriously should have been at the World Cup lol

cgf wrote:

I have no idea why they don't perform better. Some games they look amazing, other games they look like they've never played together before.
I think one thing may be that they have midfielders who all prefer the same role in Hernanes, Kovacic, and Shaqiri. I could be mistaken about Shaqiri cause I don't know enough about his preferences but Hernanes and Kovacic both are best in an advanced role in the center behind the strikers, but are asked to play more like Guarin does. They may need to get more creative with their formations.

Has Kovacec not developed into a 6 like it looked like he would earlier in his career? I would've imagined that Kovacec as the deep playmaker, Guarin the vertical CM, and Hernanes as the most advanced midfielder would fit very naturally, with Medel as a hardman alternative when they play more on the counter and need a DLP less.

As for Shariqi he has played in the ten, but his game is that of a goal scoring winger/second forward like Robben or Aguero rather than as a midfielder. So I don't think he should overlap with them too much if he's being used right, which would be playing off of Icardi like Tevez and Morata did today for Juve.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Return to The General Soccer Board