2014-15 Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

TheAdmiral
RealGM
And1: 1,213

Re: 2014-15 Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread 

Post#121 » by TheAdmiral » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:57 pm

5DOM wrote:Weren't they seconds away from winning it?

Have you seen the game or would you rather pretend you did? Yes they were 2 minutes away from winning it (thanks to Casillas screwing **** up big time), but they were getting owned from all angles in that second half. Luckily, Ramos tied the game and the much better team went on to win the Cup.

It would've otherwise been a travesty like that year where a certain team had no business getting to the final and winning it by miraculously beating Barcelona and Bayern consecutively. Come to think of it, Atleti winning it would've been far less of a travesty.

No hard feelings though, I like Chelsea. :D

Man of Steel wrote:They also managed to wrest a point from Barca at the Camp Nou to win La Liga. Do they absolutely own Barca as well?

Of course not. Barcelona didn't get eliminated by Atleti in the UCL, or did they?
D-31 wrote:again..all of u Jordan fans are caught up in his scoring accolades and fail to realize that he was a lousy basketball player.

Jordan never fully understood basketball. He had the lowest basketball IQ of any NBA "superstar" in history.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,230

Post#122 » by EArl » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:56 am

Not sure why were talking about last year. This is this year. Currently Atleti is owning Real. Still to early to see what happens, but I like their being three teams competing.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
DD12
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Post#123 » by DD12 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:02 pm

EArl wrote:Not sure why were talking about last year. This is this year. Currently Atleti is owning Real. Still to early to see what happens, but I like their being three teams competing.

They will own Barcelona as well. I am not sure why you think Barcelona is playing much better than Atl and Real Madrid.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,230

Post#124 » by EArl » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:18 pm

DD12 wrote:
EArl wrote:Not sure why were talking about last year. This is this year. Currently Atleti is owning Real. Still to early to see what happens, but I like their being three teams competing.

They will own Barcelona as well. I am not sure why you think Barcelona is playing much better than Atl and Real Madrid.

Will see...
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
Boognish
RealGM
And1: 16,738

Post#125 » by Boognish » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:44 pm

DD12 wrote:Atletico Madrid own both Real and Barcelona.

il Capitano Turan!!

End of conversation.

DD12 wrote:my little man.

:nod:
Man of Steel
Lead Assistant
And1: 548

Post#126 » by Man of Steel » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:29 pm

Messi is King wrote:By scoring a miraculous goal with 5 minutes left in the match and taking over in extra time?

And Madrid is weaker this year than last.

Precisely. 9-1 aggregate in the 3 cup games we played against them, I'd say that's pretty damn good. And I'd say our "miraculous" goal off a corner was just as "miraculous" as the one that gave Atleti the early lead in that game... try harder :lol:

Wouldn't say we're weaker than last year, our attack is looking a lot stronger with Kroos, and I'm sure James will find his rhythm soon enough. The balance is off so our midfield will look very suspect for as long as it takes for Carlo to put Illarramendi or Khedira in the XI. I personally think we should rest Modric against Basel and play Illarra as the furthest back, but who know's what Ancelotti is thinking at this point when he says there is no goalkeeper debate :nonono:

Interested in Massimo's thoughts on Real Madrid's current state :P According to him Xabi is average and Di Maria has no football IQ, so I wanna know why we're doing so bad without those two :(
HALA MADRID || GO LEAFS GO || LET'S GO RAPTORS
Man of Steel
Lead Assistant

Post#127 » by Man of Steel » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:06 am

Messi is King wrote:You know Man of Steel, you always have great takes man. I'm sure Madrid will be fine, I just think they could use another defender.

I try to be as objective as a Madridista can be :P

We've got Varane riding the bench a bit lately, not sure why he hasn't played as much.

Bayern and Barca strengthened their backlines with solid players this summer, it's a shame we didn't get at least one. Tough to find playing time for them but our regular two are so error prone.

Friend of mine was seriously telling me he wants Varane and Pepe to start in the defense and bench a very off-form Benzema for Ramos :lol: Must say, at this point I wouldn't mind seeing it.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#128 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:14 pm

Changes need to be made...

Its hard to say where to start because some positions are in dire need for a change.

One being Benzema... I've liked him to a point but I'm tired of defending him. Tired of him blowing his chances of taking to the next level for RM. He's really an ideal striker for Ronaldo however he's not the only one. The guy is either fatigue beyond recovery or really does nothing for us. Ronaldo set him up perfectly for an all likely goal but his first touch was 5 yr old level...

The guy needs a mental break and a straight up drop from the lineup and/or team. I'm serious, I'm done with him, he either fails or stands, has done nothing to suggest otherwise this early in the new campaign(even ended last yr on a "eh?" level).

Insert Varane in place of Pepe. Varane is young, quicker/faster than Pepe(not say much but its time). He's all about defense and personally I've never seen him lose his temper on the field. He plays defense and works hard, its time to keep him growing. Still want an Uruguayan back there, we signed someone but I don't think he'll show up lol...

Get Casillas the **** out of Bernabeu... send a riot with pitchforks... Navas should be starting. He's more communicative, not afraid and plays the ball. He doesn't stand, isn't helpless and does not look for whistles... oh btw, he actually makes saves... (I was done with Casillas before last yr... the guy is a joke right now. Fernando Torres of goalies)

formations... I've have to say a 4-2-3-1 is our best option for these millionaires...

Benz(gtfo)-Ronaldo, James(best role IMO), Bale-Kroos, Modric-Carvajal, Varane, Ramos, Coentrao..... I think typical that's whats best for these group.

Not very good defensively minded but that's what they paid for right?
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Post#129 » by Foye » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:53 pm

Real Madrid fans....won La Decima last year...fans still complaining about half their team, some even trying to kick Bale's car and insulting RM players.

Its maybe even worse than Arsenal/ManU fans wanting more reinforcements despite investing 3 digits million € sums in the summer.

Real just won the CL last year. Something they havent done in the decade before. At least give them a little credit for a while.
Man of Steel
Lead Assistant

Post#130 » by Man of Steel » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:28 am

Foye wrote:Real Madrid fans....won La Decima last year...fans still complaining about half their team, some even trying to kick Bale's car and insulting RM players.

Its maybe even worse than Arsenal/ManU fans wanting more reinforcements despite investing 3 digits million € sums in the summer.

Real just won the CL last year. Something they havent done in the decade before. At least give them a little credit for a while.

First Ive heard of this Bale thing but that`s hilarious considering how valuable he was for us in his first year and how great he was in our CL game. The only players at RM that are constantly insulted are Ronaldo (usually not by our fans), Pepe (and Ramos to a lesser extent) for their defensive lapses and short tempers, and Casillas for being hot garbage for too long now. And to be fair, most of the discontent has to do with the spending of 100M+ this summer when we had a good thing going.
Man of Steel
Lead Assistant

Post#131 » by Man of Steel » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:26 pm

Arbeloa's been pretty solid when given minutes this year. Good to see.
MaliBrah
RealGM
And1: 4,326

Post#132 » by MaliBrah » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:49 pm

wow what a strike from hamez
Man of Steel
Lead Assistant

Post#133 » by Man of Steel » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:51 pm

Ronaldo curving it just round the defender after that awful mistake from the keeper :lol:
MaliBrah
RealGM

Post#134 » by MaliBrah » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:57 pm

Man of Steel wrote:Ronaldo curving it just round the defender after that awful mistake from the keeper :lol:

his header was monstrous lol , only he could do that
Man of Steel
Lead Assistant

Post#135 » by Man of Steel » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:13 pm

Illarramendi suiting up :D midfield has been getting overrun in this half
TheAdmiral
RealGM
And1: 1,213

Post#136 » by TheAdmiral » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:51 pm

Whoaaaaaa Chicharito :o

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rlggFpAia0[/youtube]
D-31 wrote:again..all of u Jordan fans are caught up in his scoring accolades and fail to realize that he was a lousy basketball player.

Jordan never fully understood basketball. He had the lowest basketball IQ of any NBA "superstar" in history.
MaliBrah
RealGM

Post#137 » by MaliBrah » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:49 pm

what a goal from pablo hernandez
ardee
RealGM
And1: 5,235

Post#138 » by ardee » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:24 am

Who from Atletico do you think would rcrack the Real and Barca starting XIs?
MaliBrah
RealGM

Post#139 » by MaliBrah » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:30 am

ardee wrote:Who from Atletico do you think would rcrack the Real and Barca starting XIs?

godin , juanfran - real and barca
miranda- barca
koke- barca(if you prefer him to rakitic?)
gabi- real madrid

not sure if i'm missing anyone else.
DD12
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Post#140 » by DD12 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:47 am

Arda Barcelona and Real Madrid

Return to The General Soccer Board