World Cup Semi-finals: Brazil vs. Germany (July 8th)

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Who advances to the Final?

Brazil
17%
Germany
83%

Total votes: 66

Boognish
RealGM
And1: 16,738

Re: World Cup Semi-finals: Brazil vs. Germany (July 8th) 

Post#721 » by Boognish » Wed Jul 9, 2014 6:58 pm

treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Post#722 » by treiz » Wed Jul 9, 2014 8:01 pm

HeartBreaking wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
treiz wrote:So you think Brazil would've won if Neymar and Silva were playing?

No, Germany was going to be the better team regardless of Brazil's health. But at least they would have put up a better fight. The players went into yesterday's game completely dejected.

I think it could've easily been different if brazil used more defensive tactics with neymar and silva. We seen algeria, ghana, france, and heck even the U.S hold up pretty well against germany this year because they were ready to play. If brazil came in with the full lineup and the leader on D, who knows what would have happened.

Neymar and silva change everything. Fred is a terrible player at this point in his career, and isn't going to get anything done. Brazil isn't as deep as we think, missing those 2 stings

So you think having Neymar and Silva would've prevented Marcelo from bombing forward like a madman? Germany abused that side and none of the defence had any help from the midfield (but I credit that more to Germany), Hulk/Bernard/Oscar needed to help the full backs, especially Marcelo and the amount of space down Brazil's left was incredible, and rightly so, all their goals came from problems down their left.

EDIT: I'm not blaming the responsibility of this defeat purely on Marcelo, each and everyone of them played terribly, people say that if they had Neymar/Silva this or that would've happen. But at the end of the day you have 4 years to build a 23 man squad, so you'd assume that if one gets injured/suspended there's a ready made replacement. Of course this applies more to Neymar as he is their main attacking player but other teams had to deal with injuries/suspension and those teams managed to adjust (look at Argentina with Aguero, Germany with Reus).
Next Coming
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,625

Post#723 » by Next Coming » Wed Jul 9, 2014 8:12 pm

Higga wrote:I do feel bad for the people in Brazil. They've waited so long for this moment, to host a World Cup, and to lose like this? I mean it's one thing to lose if it's a hard fought match on both sides with one play deciding it, but they just didn't show up at all. Embarassing.

My Germany over Argentina prediction is looking better and better each day...

Brazilian team with Fred, Jo, Hulk as attackers shouldn't win anything.
Maex
Senior
And1: 180

Post#724 » by Maex » Wed Jul 9, 2014 11:32 pm

German team know how painful it is to lose a semi-final in your own country.

Man of Steel
Lead Assistant
And1: 548

Post#725 » by Man of Steel » Wed Jul 9, 2014 11:43 pm

treiz wrote:
Man of Steel wrote:Don't see the relevance of this. My point stands- Brazil lost because they were missing their best two players on either side of the field, lacked proper replacements, and didn't show much of a strategy at all to try to minimize the impact and a lot of that latter part is on Scolari.

So you think Brazil would've won if Neymar and Silva were playing?

Lol is this trolling? Read the rest of the sentence :( with or without Neymar and Silva they also lacked organization and discipline.
HALA MADRID || GO LEAFS GO || LET'S GO RAPTORS
treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Post#726 » by treiz » Wed Jul 9, 2014 11:54 pm

Man of Steel wrote:
treiz wrote:
Man of Steel wrote:Don't see the relevance of this. My point stands- Brazil lost because they were missing their best two players on either side of the field, lacked proper replacements, and didn't show much of a strategy at all to try to minimize the impact and a lot of that latter part is on Scolari.

So you think Brazil would've won if Neymar and Silva were playing?

Lol is this trolling? Read the rest of the sentence :( with or without Neymar and Silva they also lacked organization and discipline.

Well but that's the point of having a provisional 30 man squad and eventually a 23 man squad, that's why they have all of these warm up games, one of the best things about having a 4 year preparation, so that if a player goes down there's a replacement ready. Although it's difficult to replace someone with Neymar's offensive prowess, adapting to that given situation and a change of tactics to suit the team should've been in place. Same goes for Silva, despite losing his leadership, his replacement was Dante who quite rightly can hold his own.

There should've a contingency plan, and this lack of preparation cost them. You can see how clueless they were against Germany.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,758

Post#727 » by cgf » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:00 am

That's exactly what he says in the rest of his post...
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
Scar-TownRAISED
Banned User
And1: 25

Luis felipe Scolaris fault for not calling up o Ga 

Post#728 » by Scar-TownRAISED » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:03 am

A.k.a ronaldinho r10 and also other names like kaka robinho and falcao??

Sent from my SGH-T599V using RealGM Forums mobile app
No_20
Veteran
And1: 319

Skip Bayless: "Brazil quit" 

Post#729 » by No_20 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:15 pm

Do you agree?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExT3DvZcCtk[/youtube]
Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, Kevin Garnett, Toni Kroos, Pep Guardiola, Ernst Happel, Joachim Löw.
Ong_dynasty
Head Coach
And1: 351

Re: Skip Bayless: "Brazil quit" 

Post#730 » by Ong_dynasty » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:24 pm

what does skip bayless know about football..
seriously..
They actually went for it at the start of the second half..they just werent good enough
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,456

Post#731 » by Foye » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:43 pm

I dont care what Skip Bayless has to say about soccer.
Maex
Senior
And1: 180

Post#732 » by Maex » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:47 pm

Please do not bring that guy into that beautiful game.
ItalianBull
Starter
And1: 339

Post#733 » by ItalianBull » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:58 pm

He talks football too? Jeez.
cgf
RealGM

Post#734 » by cgf » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:59 pm

Skip is a wonderful troll, but that was a letdown.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
MaliBrah
RealGM
And1: 4,310

Post#735 » by MaliBrah » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:10 pm

After 2 early goals yeah.

But lol what the hell , never thought skip would make his way here
bbms
Analyst
And1: 531

Post#736 » by bbms » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:07 pm

I wouldn't pay attention to anything he has to say about to anything, he's a smart guy that uses absurd statements to get hate, thus, promoting himsel attention-wise
cgf
RealGM

Post#737 » by cgf » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:31 am

Maex wrote:German team know how painful it is to lose a semi-final in your own country.

Apparently the brazilian guy with the hat has been to every brazilian game at the WC or Copa since 1990. That picture of him and the little german girl may be the most beautiful from any WC I can remember and I hope is what lives on from this WC and not the entertaining suarez bite. That's what this tourney is about, highlighting the most beautiful aspects of this sport from across the globe and bringing people together through football. And what could every be as perfect as an old brazilian fan sharing the joy of getting to watch his nation at the WC with a bright eyed german girl after the shock of what was happening on the pitch had faded. I will make sure to make it to some brazilian games in russia and pray I can find that old man to buy him a beer.

Cruzeirao
Rookie
And1: 33

Post#738 » by Cruzeirao » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:13 am

cgf wrote:
Maex wrote:German team know how painful it is to lose a semi-final in your own country.

Apparently the brazilian guy with the hat has been to every brazilian game at the WC or Copa since 1990. That picture of him and the little german girl may be the most beautiful from any WC I can remember and I hope is what lives on from this WC and not the entertaining suarez bite. That's what this tourney is about, highlighting the most beautiful aspects of this sport from across the globe and bringing people together through football. And what could every be as perfect as an old brazilian fan sharing the joy of getting to watch his nation at the WC with a bright eyed german girl after the shock of what was happening on the pitch had faded. I will make sure to make it to some brazilian games in russia and pray I can find that old man to buy him a beer.

We all (brasilians) remember that guy since world cup 2002, because he looks like Felipao (our coach now and then), and he was showed at tv all the time.

His name is Clóvis da Costa Fernandes.

If you can't find him, find me and pay me a lot of beers... lol

After the Brasil World Cup, me and my friends will save money to go to Russia.

I went to 7 games of the Brasil World Cup:

Brasil X Croatia
Colombia X Greece
Belgium X Algeria
Argentina X Iran
Costa Rica X England
Brasil X Chile
Brasil X Germany
cgf
RealGM

Post#739 » by cgf » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:53 pm

Cruzeirao wrote:
cgf wrote:

We all (brasilians) remember that guy since world cup 2002, because he looks like Felipao (our coach now and then), and he was showed at tv all the time.

His name is Clóvis da Costa Fernandes.

If you can't find him, find me and pay me a lot of beers... lol

After the Brasil World Cup, me and my friends will save money to go to Russia.

I went to 7 games of the Brasil World Cup:

Brasil X Croatia
Colombia X Greece
Belgium X Algeria
Argentina X Iran
Costa Rica X England
Brasil X Chile
Brasil X Germany

Ugh, I was supposed to be at this WC but things fell apart badly with the brazilian company we were working with and the group of 8 I was supposed to go with had life happen so that when it finally came down to plan out the trip only one of us was gunna be able to make it.

Russia should be fun though, assuming almost all games are played in moscow and st petersburg as some of the regional capitals that have FIFA caliber stadiums have **** all else to offer. Plus there I've got enough family/friends were some coworkers turning out to be flaky scumbags won't blow up the plans.

Return to The General Soccer Board