Official Arsenal FC Thread 3.0

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

ardee
RealGM
And1: 5,221

Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread 3.0 

Post#921 » by ardee » Mon Feb 2, 2015 11:28 pm

MaliBrah wrote:Our start to the season makes the league virtually impossible. 2nd maybe but I think city will turn it up now.

We need to keep everyone healthy to give ourselves a shot at the cups. Should aim to clinch 3rd as well. Next weekend will be huge. We beat spurs and Everton at home aside our league games will be very winnable for 2 months

It's unlikely but not completely impossible given Chelsea's rather underwhelming form recently. They have not looked as impregnable as in the start of the season. Now they're also going to have to integrate Cuadadro and go three games without their most important player.

We need to be close to perfect, and hope they slip up in a stretch where they're playing us, United and Liverpool in 4 games.

I'm not expecting it but it's within the faint realm of possibility.
b shaw20
Bench Warmer
And1: 60

Post#922 » by b shaw20 » Tue Feb 3, 2015 1:15 am

I would be estatic with a top four finish given the slow start we had. But we have to be near perfect the rest of the way and a bit lucky too (and no more injuries).

And we MUST show backbone and get deep into CL play. No more excuses if we are to believe we are turning the corner.

I am not going to be Debbie Downer but if we were to go back prior to the Citih game, I highly doubt many of us would consider the signing of Gabriel to enough to make us true contenders. We needed world class talent in the back line and at striker (not to mention a leader). I am not sure how much of an impact Gabriel will have, but I doubt he is enough to really solidify our defense. I hope I am wrong, but think AW once again failed in the transfer window.

Our winning streak bought him cover and he is getting away with it, again.

Our saving grace may be our midfielders scoring and gelling now to compensate for what we lack up front. And the young guys contributing as well. Maybe, just maybe we can make a serious run at beating other top teams.

And we can continue to dream about Hummels, Reus, Mandzukic, Xabi Alonso, Schneiderlan in the summer.
QuickLikeTheo
Junior
And1: 34

Official Arsenal FC Thread 3.0 

Post#923 » by QuickLikeTheo » Tue Feb 3, 2015 8:59 pm

b shaw20 wrote:I would be estatic with a top four finish given the slow start we had. But we have to be near perfect the rest of the way and a bit lucky too (and no more injuries).

And we MUST show backbone and get deep into CL play. No more excuses if we are to believe we are turning the corner.

I am not going to be Debbie Downer but if we were to go back prior to the Citih game, I highly doubt many of us would consider the signing of Gabriel to enough to make us true contenders. We needed world class talent in the back line and at striker (not to mention a leader). I am not sure how much of an impact Gabriel will have, but I doubt he is enough to really solidify our defense. I hope I am wrong, but think AW once again failed in the transfer window.

Our winning streak bought him cover and he is getting away with it, again.

Our saving grace may be our midfielders scoring and gelling now to compensate for what we lack up front. And the young guys contributing as well. Maybe, just maybe we can make a serious run at beating other top teams.

And we can continue to dream about Hummels, Reus, Mandzukic, Xabi Alonso, Schneiderlan in the summer.

Lack up front? Giroud has put in 7 goals in 8 starts or something like that. If you're questioning the depth then I understand but Giroud has done very well to this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MaliBrah
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#924 » by MaliBrah » Tue Feb 3, 2015 9:05 pm

yeah giroud has been good this season. His overall play has improved. We need better quality in depth up there. hopefully chuba can become something , he's just signed a 4.5 year deal.

as for CB's there's just a lack of CB's now in the world. Have to hope gabriel is quality.
No_20
Veteran
And1: 319

Post#925 » by No_20 » Tue Feb 3, 2015 9:12 pm

Has Wenger ever beaten a really great team over apart from that magical 06' run.

Madrid/Bayern/Barcelona/Chelsea are in the great teams category. And Arsenal would have to beat these at least twice(one over 2 legs, another in a final)
Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, Kevin Garnett, Toni Kroos, Pep Guardiola, Ernst Happel, Joachim Löw.
MaliBrah
RealGM

Post#926 » by MaliBrah » Tue Feb 3, 2015 9:25 pm

No_20 wrote:Has Wenger ever beaten a really great team over apart from that magical 06' run.

Madrid/Bayern/Barcelona/Chelsea are in the great teams category. And Arsenal would have to beat these at least twice(one over 2 legs, another in a final)

nope not really. Maybe with monaco when he reached the semi's but that was before my time and I have no idea. Came close a couple of times but always falter somehow.

Not expecting to win it at all but it would be nice if we can make semis. Monaco is no joke as well , they haven't conceded since november and if we win then we'd have to hope for a kind QF draw and avoid those 4 teams.
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,200

Post#927 » by J-Mezzy » Tue Feb 3, 2015 11:24 pm

Keep calm and OOOOOSSSSSpinaa
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
MaliBrah
RealGM

Post#928 » by MaliBrah » Tue Feb 3, 2015 11:31 pm

J-Mezzy wrote:Keep calm and OOOOOSSSSSpinaa

ahahah I was just watching a highlight show from the weekend now and they showed the 3rd arsenal goal again. Started from an ospina save to him rushing to distribute the ball throwing it to theo which led to a counter attacking goal. Never had that kind of distribution from woj who would usually just hold the ball and slow down play.

oooooooooooooSPINA
b shaw20
Bench Warmer
And1: 60

Post#929 » by b shaw20 » Wed Feb 4, 2015 3:24 pm

don't get me wrong, I like Geroud but I just don't think he is good enough to be counted upon vs top teams. He's had a decent run as of late but needs to be a difference maker.

I hope he keeps it up and becomes a killer during second half of the season.
Brt19
Bench Warmer
And1: 424

Post#930 » by Brt19 » Fri Feb 6, 2015 11:34 am

J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,200

Post#931 » by J-Mezzy » Fri Feb 6, 2015 12:09 pm

9. David Ospina has not conceded since replacing Wojciech Szczesny

Ospina has kept four clean sheets in four matches since coming in for the smoking Pole, and is more authoritative than the erratic Szczesny. Despite resembling a slightly overweight businessman, Ospina has a knack for being in the right place at the right time, and his ability to deal with crosses and organise his defence could be crucial on Saturday.

Lol I am glad that he is getting love, but how does he look like an overweight businessman?
MaliBrah
RealGM

Post#932 » by MaliBrah » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:55 pm

ramsey out another month man. At some point we're going to have to give up relying on ramsey and wilshere as sad as it makes me. Both are just cripples.
WorldBeFree
Starter
And1: 406

Post#933 » by WorldBeFree » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:47 am

True man i somehow already did. Those players are just add ons in some games, but not in the real roster.

Sent from my D2303 using RealGM Forums mobile app
kdawg32086
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 928

Post#934 » by kdawg32086 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:17 am

MaliBrah wrote:ramsey out another month man. At some point we're going to have to give up relying on ramsey and wilshere as sad as it makes me. Both are just cripples.

We need to rely more on Coquelin and Diaby to win us some trophies.
Ted Lasso
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#935 » by Ted Lasso » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:54 pm

MaliBrah wrote:ramsey out another month man. At some point we're going to have to give up relying on ramsey and wilshere as sad as it makes me. Both are just cripples.

You don't have to rely on them at all. Just move Ox into the middle. He has been absolutely brilliant whenever he's played there. Cazorla, Ox, and a holder is all Arsenal needs. Alternatively, Wenger could go back to a 4-2-3-1 and bring Ozil inside.
GS Warriors 1
General Manager
And1: 456

Post#936 » by GS Warriors 1 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:46 am

FA Cup quarterfinal match will be against Manchester United @ Old Trafford on March 7 or 8.
No_20
Veteran
And1: 319

Post#937 » by No_20 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:01 am

Hopefully for Arsenal it's not the early saturday game. Dont they have a horrible record against in big games in that slot? 0-6 against Chelsea, 1-5 Liverpool, Spurs last week.
Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, Kevin Garnett, Toni Kroos, Pep Guardiola, Ernst Happel, Joachim Löw.
MaliBrah
RealGM

Post#938 » by MaliBrah » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:09 am

Ted Lasso wrote:

You don't have to rely on them at all. Just move Ox into the middle. He has been absolutely brilliant whenever he's played there. Cazorla, Ox, and a holder is all Arsenal needs. Alternatively, Wenger could go back to a 4-2-3-1 and bring Ozil inside.

thats a solution. He's had some really really , good games there. Praying ramsey's muscles and wilshere's bones begin to cooperate though.
MaliBrah
RealGM

Post#939 » by MaliBrah » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:10 am

No_20 wrote:Hopefully for Arsenal it's not the early saturday game. Dont they have a horrible record against in big games in that slot? 0-6 against Chelsea, 1-5 Liverpool, Spurs last week.

yeah no idea what it is about that time but the players just shut down lol.

welbeck winner
Zack M
Junior
And1: 288

Post#940 » by Zack M » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:22 am

hope we sign Dybala..

heard Palermo president is in London for talks over the Argentine wonderkid.

Return to The General Soccer Board