Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Re: 2014 RealGM Soccer Forum Draft Discussion Thread 

Post#1701 » by ATL Boy » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:31 am

Ted Lasso wrote:
cgf wrote:
Ted Lasso wrote:
If you or anybody else had simply suggested anything else when i proposed the run-offs, i would have happily gone along with it. I've made every change people have asked for.

Having said that, since we agreed to have draws on the ballot, is it actually more logical to do anything else? There have been instances where one team's victory and a tie received the same number of votes. What then? As for the type of run-off you were involved in, giving each of you a point (i assume that's what you meant by losing a point?) would have meant declaring the least popular option the winner. It's a misinterpretation. If people thought that match should have ended in a draw, they would have voted for a draw. It's more sensible to pursue the more supported outcomes.

I didn't mean that post to be critical at all, you've taken on a herculean effort and if anyone's moaning is critical of the way you've run this they should shut the **** up. In fact I tried to make that point by pointing out that it was my own fault for not paying attention and bringing it up when it was first done.

As for the logic of it, it's just the way we handled it in the last draft I did since we figured that if half the people think one team would win and half think the other would win then it would seem that the two teams were equally deserving of the spoils and so we did ties, but I don't think this way makes less sense, just not what I'm used to so I wouldn't have argued very strongly for it even had I brought it up...though maybe if I knew how it'd work it for me I should've :lol:

I didn't think you were being critical. Just wanted to explain my thinking.

We need more voices on the h2h or goal difference thing!

Can we do a poll on it?
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
Ted Lasso
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#1702 » by Ted Lasso » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:34 am

In this thread, mods would have to start one.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#1703 » by El Turco » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:40 am

Might be too late for a poll. groups are decided tomorrow and would be awkward if the tiebreaker is decided after the results are in. Commish needs to make an executive decision imo.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Ted Lasso
General Manager

Post#1704 » by Ted Lasso » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:11 am

Little Nathan wrote:Yeah, I really hoped to see more people voting here. It looks like most of you guys put much time and thought into this, would be nice to see more people voting to kinda acknowledge this. I think we'll see more votes in the later rounds but that'll be too late for some of you.

Objective outside observer, you have 32 hours to determine the tie-breaking criteria. Head-to-head or goal difference? :D

For the record, when matches went to run-offs, i gave the winner a 1-0 decision, even when the run-off was between a win and a draw.
Ted Lasso
General Manager

Post#1705 » by Ted Lasso » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:05 am

If Nathan doesn't respond and no one else weighs in in the next four hours, first tie-breaker will be h2h since it's received support from one more person than goal difference has .
MountainDrew
Veteran
And1: 885

Post#1706 » by MountainDrew » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:42 pm

Now that I'm out, I feel like I have to say that I am genuinely surprisd to have won 2 games. Especially considering how little time went into my picks, especially in the earlier round, wnning 2 out of 4 is very unexpected. I didn't even like my own team lol.

Next time we do this I hope I have more time on my hands to prepare a list of sorts. My team would have been in so much better shape if I had selected Muller instead of Falcao, it went wrong in the 2nd round really. 3-5-2 was really the last resort for me and I actually never thought it would work, but apparently some voters did :). Good luck to all quarter finalists!
Trust the Process
DD12
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Post#1707 » by DD12 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:57 pm

I beat atl boy. 7-6.
We are on the same point. How come he goes through? Almost all legit leagues are using h2h when the points are the same.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,523

Post#1708 » by Andi Obst » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:32 pm

Ted Lasso wrote:If Nathan doesn't respond and no one else weighs in in the next four hours, first tie-breaker will be h2h since it's received support from one more person than goal difference has .

I'm sorry, but h2h would've been my choice as well.

Edit: BTW, I won't be able to vote much for the next two weeks :(
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#1709 » by ATL Boy » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:33 pm

DD12 wrote:I beat atl boy. 7-6.
We are on the same point. How come he goes through? Almost all legit leagues are using h2h when the points are the same.

Me, you, and Foye were all tied on points. Foye beat you, I beat Foye, you beat me. The tie break was goal difference.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#1710 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:39 pm

Will there be another draft? I would like to participate if plausible....
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#1711 » by truth18 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:32 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:Will there be another draft? I would like to participate if plausible....

I have no idea when we are doing this again but I am 100% down whenever that is.
YOU LOSE
treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Post#1712 » by treiz » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:47 pm

Thanks to the mods and Ted for helping out with this. Hopefully we carry this on next year, maybe with added FM simulation :D

Return to The General Soccer Board