CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Re: Official Real Madrid CF Thread 

Post#61 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:02 pm

next more, Navas in for Casillas....
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Man of Steel
Lead Assistant
And1: 548

Post#62 » by Man of Steel » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:11 pm

Everything is going as predicted. We steamroll some of the inferior sides based on talent and athletic ability alone (FC Basel, Deportivo 1st half), but when the sides show organization we struggle without a proper holding midfielder. One of Kroos or Modric will eventually have to sit in place of Illarramendi; in the second half, our midfield started to get overrun until he subbed on for Modric.

James has looked excellent pressing the ball in the last two games. Not on Di Maria's level but still very promising, and what a beauty of a left footer he scored today. Isco's passes were sublime as well, and Arbeloa and Marcelo looked good offensively without exposing their flank on defense. Liked Varane for Pepe in the XI, even if it was just because Pepe is suspended. Good stuff.

The movement from Ronaldo and Bale is great, would've liked to see a hattrick from both today but Chicharito's brace was excellent as well. Not going to get overly excited about the result but it's good that we were able to dominate a side that didn't stop trying till the very end of the match. It was a pretty soft penalty to call for the "handball" on Ramos but we get calls like that from time to time so can't say much :dontknow:

Only thing left now is Navas coming in for Casillas.
HALA MADRID || GO LEAFS GO || LET'S GO RAPTORS
ardee
RealGM
And1: 5,235

Post#63 » by ardee » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:55 am

Ronaldo should probably win the Ballon D'Or again right? Really no serious competitors this year IMO. Suarez could've been if Liverpool won the title and he didn't bite, and I just can't see Zlatan winning it when his team didn't play in the marquee event of the year.
Man of Steel
Lead Assistant

Post#64 » by Man of Steel » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:14 am

ardee wrote:Ronaldo should probably win the Ballon D'Or again right? Really no serious competitors this year IMO. Suarez could've been if Liverpool won the title and he didn't bite, and I just can't see Zlatan winning it when his team didn't play in the marquee event of the year.

I realistically can't see anyone else taking it. As great of a WC as Messi had with Argentina, he didn't claim the prize- if he had I could see him winning it, but Ronaldo had the better club season and no one else is on the kind of form Cristiano is on right now. MARCA says the plan is for Madrid to shift Ronaldo towards the CF position starting this year so I wonder how that will affect our personnel changes.

Rumour we're going after Reus on a cut deal next summer. He's one of my favs and he's got that rare CR/Messi/Suarez type of ability to influence a game, but Jesé will be available to the squad in a month or so and we've already got a treasure chest of attacking talent. Assuming we don't sell any of our attackers, we haven't got room for him unfortunately.
ardee
RealGM

Post#65 » by ardee » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:44 am

Man of Steel wrote:
ardee wrote:Ronaldo should probably win the Ballon D'Or again right? Really no serious competitors this year IMO. Suarez could've been if Liverpool won the title and he didn't bite, and I just can't see Zlatan winning it when his team didn't play in the marquee event of the year.

I realistically can't see anyone else taking it. As great of a WC as Messi had with Argentina, he didn't claim the prize- if he had I could see him winning it, but Ronaldo had the better club season and no one else is on the kind of form Cristiano is on right now. MARCA says the plan is for Madrid to shift Ronaldo towards the CF position starting this year so I wonder how that will affect our personnel changes.

Rumour we're going after Reus on a cut deal next summer. He's one of my favs and he's got that rare CR/Messi/Suarez type of ability to influence a game, but Jesé will be available to the squad in a month or so and we've already got a treasure chest of attacking talent. Assuming we don't sell any of our attackers, we haven't got room for him unfortunately.

Zero need for Reus.

Ronaldo up front, Bale a lock on one wing, and James/Jese/Isco rotating on the other two spots.

Reus would kill Jese's career.

The next big buy should be a center back to pair with Varane going forward.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Man of Steel
Lead Assistant

Post#66 » by Man of Steel » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:26 am

Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,625

Post#67 » by Baphomet » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:30 am

Bale's new boots. Football has officially shat itself.

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#68 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:02 pm

Watch out for Sterling... RM will be hot on his trail.

No need for Reus with everyone we already have IMO...

Just need defensive minded guys in the back end.
The ModFather

Man of Steel
Lead Assistant

Post#69 » by Man of Steel » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:13 pm

Messi is King wrote:Are RM fans nervous about the team's defense? I think Madrid are obviously still title contenders and their offense should make up for their defense most nights, but I imagine you guys wouldn't mind shoring up the back line in January, no?

We got our first clean sheet when Varane was in the starting line up so hopefully that gets Carlos attention with respect to who should be playin in our back line. I wouldn't be surprised if we bought another CB but we might hold off until the summer. Nacho, Carvajal, Varane, Ramos, and Coentrao are all dependable on the defensive side. Pepe can be inconsistent and Marcelo is a straight up liability but I don't think there'll be a defender available in January that's more dependable than Pepe.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#70 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:22 pm

Messi is King wrote:Are RM fans nervous about the team's defense? I think Madrid are obviously still title contenders and their offense should make up for their defense most nights, but I imagine you guys wouldn't mind shoring up the back line in January, no?

I think one should be worried until the offense that RM can deploy actually manifests itself...

If the offense starts hitting its strides or finally catches on that it could be one of the best ever(most expensive) then I guess the "anxiety" over the back half wouldn't be as high....

Got to wait til the roles are define and the players are in sync.
The ModFather

No_20
Veteran
And1: 319

Post#71 » by No_20 » Wed Oct 1, 2014 10:43 pm

How serious is Ronaldo's injury?
Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, Kevin Garnett, Toni Kroos, Pep Guardiola, Ernst Happel, Joachim Löw.
Man of Steel
Lead Assistant

Post#72 » by Man of Steel » Sat Oct 4, 2014 1:03 am

No_20 wrote:How serious is Ronaldo's injury?

from what I've heard he's got a mild heel bruise from the game in Bulgaria. Nothing too worrying, and he's on great goal-scoring form right now so he should be raring to go when Bilbao come to the Bernabeu on Sunday.
Man of Steel
Lead Assistant

Post#73 » by Man of Steel » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:11 am

Jorge Mendes says Ronaldo won't return to Manchester but instead he will retire with Madrid... When he's 40 :lol:

Knowing the way Ronnie takes care of himself I'm sure he could still be a formidable striker even at 35 but 40 is pushing it a bit :P
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#74 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:24 pm

CR can definitely play til such an age... however, I think it would be wise to limit his minutes and "games" when he gets up there...

also, his knee/leg issues will always need to be paid attention to.
The ModFather

Man of Steel
Lead Assistant

Post#75 » by Man of Steel » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:50 pm

The second (James cross :droop: ), third (that Ronaldo dribble :droop: ), fourth (that Kroos long ball and James' run and finish :droop: ) and fifth (Isco :droop: ) goals were so great today. Good stuff.
ardee
RealGM

Post#76 » by ardee » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:43 am

I'm so pumped for the Clasico. Gonna give it to those ***** hard. They seem to be playing well too but the form Ronaldo is in I wouldn't expect anything less than a two-goal win. Heck, we need to repay La Manita at some point, now'd be the best time.
DD12
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Post#77 » by DD12 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:54 pm

The best player on earth!!
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,230

Post#78 » by EArl » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:54 pm

Looks like Raul is headed to play for the NY cosmos. The dude is 37. One of my favorite players for Spain. Grew up watching him.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
ardee
RealGM

Post#79 » by ardee » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:10 pm

EArl wrote:Looks like Raul is headed to play for the NY cosmos. The dude is 37. One of my favorite players for Spain. Grew up watching him.

So Villa, Raul and Lamps? Sick.
DD12
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Post#80 » by DD12 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:40 pm

Raul probably one of those that i hated the most. Dude is complete garbage and overrated.

Return to The General Soccer Board