ardee
RealGM
And1: 5,235

Re: Official Real Madrid CF Thread 

Post#21 » by ardee » Tue Aug 5, 2014 5:58 pm

Man of Steel wrote:
ardee wrote:How is Ronaldo's knee?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using RealGM Forums mobile app

he wasn't supposed to play against United as a precaution but he seemed to move fine during the 15 minutes he was given.

I expect he'll be raring to go by next week against Sevilla

Ok good. I've heard weird things that it's a degenerative condition that may not get better.
Man of Steel
Lead Assistant
And1: 548

Post#22 » by Man of Steel » Wed Aug 6, 2014 4:57 pm

ardee wrote:Ok good. I've heard weird things that it's a degenerative condition that may not get better.

there was a rumour like that going around towards the end of the CL campaign this year but I don't think Ronnie or the Real Madrid management would let him risk his career in pre-season games unless they were sure the risk was minimal

Some good news! Benzema has renewed till 2019
[tweet]https://twitter.com/realmadrid/status/497062434776297472[/tweet]
HALA MADRID || GO LEAFS GO || LET'S GO RAPTORS
ardee
RealGM

Post#23 » by ardee » Wed Aug 6, 2014 6:50 pm

I'm not hating, I love Real almost as much as I do Arsenal, but the state of the transfer policy concerns me.

Honestly this looks like it's going exactly the same way as the original Galacticos. Just too, too, too many star players and an unbalanced team. With the Galacticos 1.0, it was strikers... At first it was Ronaldo, Raul, Robinho, and Owen. Then by 2007 it became Raul, Ronaldo, Ruud, Cassano, Higuain and Reyes. And this was at the same time selling someone like Makelele, who was crucial to making the team tick.

This time it's attack-minded midfielders. James, Isco, Kroos, Modric... And likely selling Di Maria, who was arguably the team's second MVP last season, and beyond crucial to the stability midfield because his running provided a good defensive contribution that Alonso and Modric would not be able to cover for themselves.

I understand the need to not want to rest on one's laurels, but what is the point of unsettling a team that just won the Champion's League with the players that are already there having phenomenal chemistry? Kroos was ok, I guess he can rotate with Alonso and Modric.

But James I think will be detrimental. Isco put in some really great shifts last year, and he'll be benched most of the time, and Di Maria forced out.

I'm uneasy, have to admit.
Man of Steel
Lead Assistant

Post#24 » by Man of Steel » Wed Aug 6, 2014 7:12 pm

ardee wrote:I'm not hating, I love Real almost as much as I do Arsenal, but the state of the transfer policy concerns me.

I understand the need to not want to rest on one's laurels, but what is the point of unsettling a team that just won the Champion's League with the players that are already there having phenomenal chemistry? Kroos was ok, I guess he can rotate with Alonso and Modric.

But James I think will be detrimental. Isco put in some really great shifts last year, and he'll be benched most of the time, and Di Maria forced out.

I'm uneasy, have to admit.

As unfortunate as it is, it seems it's Di Maria that wants the change of scenery. Carlo has made it clear he doesn't want to sell a player that's so important to the set up. Isco isn't as fast but I think he'll fill the LCM role quite well- he's gotten quite adept at tracking back and playing in a 3 or 4 man midfield so much so that when he was played up front in pre-season, it actually became a little problematic how much he came back to play in midfield.

If Di Maria leaves then all three/four of Kroos/Modric/Isco/Illarramendi/Xabi Alonso/Khedira (whoever are playing in the center of the park) will really have to turn up their defensive intensity, especially in terms of tracking back. As for James' position, I'm curious myself because the way our team is set up doesn't really lend itself to a #10 role in the XI- Isco played fantastically there early last season but the team as a whole was not as good so we scrapped that idea. I'm assuming Kroos will be groomed to take on the deepest playmaking spot in the lineup in lieu of Xabi.

I was skeptical of the sale of Ozil to make way for Bale, but Ancelotti made that work, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Boognish
RealGM
And1: 16,738

Post#25 » by Boognish » Fri Aug 8, 2014 5:33 pm

Bale done swole up
Ted Lasso
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#26 » by Ted Lasso » Sat Aug 9, 2014 9:04 am

MaliBrah
RealGM
And1: 4,326

Post#27 » by MaliBrah » Sat Aug 9, 2014 9:41 am

Ted Lasso wrote:http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/casillas-likes-instagram-page-criticizing-lopez-arbeloa-rts-book-calling-iker-a-tumor-on-real-madrid/

so childish lol , and man bale has went god level on us
ardee
RealGM

Post#28 » by ardee » Sat Aug 9, 2014 7:43 pm

So, Di Maria is staying.

How long before he benches James and Perez starts to grumble about his expensive signing not being played?
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,626

Post#29 » by Baphomet » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:39 am

Boognish wrote:Image

Bale done swole up

It doesn't matter how swole you are, it doesn't excuse that ridiculous barnet. Ditch the hairband, Gareth. I know it's become a common theme from me in this thread, but I feel that by repeating the same irrelevant point repeatedly, I can contribute further to the growing cognitive dissonance on the soccer board.

He should bring back the undercut so he can look like a 1920s car salesman, or like every other football player ever.
Man of Steel
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by Man of Steel » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:08 pm

James confirmed starting in the supercup along with Bale and Kroos. Ancelotti keeping his cards close when it comes to the keeper situation for the game tomorrow. Diego Lopez to AC Milan is confirmed I believe.
TheAdmiral
RealGM
And1: 1,213

Post#31 » by TheAdmiral » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:36 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/XabiAlonso/status/503596660719882240[/tweet]

:( :cry:
D-31 wrote:again..all of u Jordan fans are caught up in his scoring accolades and fail to realize that he was a lousy basketball player.

Jordan never fully understood basketball. He had the lowest basketball IQ of any NBA "superstar" in history.
Matty
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#32 » by Matty » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:03 pm

TheAdmiral wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/XabiAlonso/status/503596660719882240[/tweet]

:( :cry:

I think there is only one gif appropriate to Xabi's and Marcelo's tweets:

Man of Steel
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by Man of Steel » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:02 am

It's been all but confirmed for some time now, we could have played a lot better against Atleti if we'd fielded him :-?
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#34 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:52 pm

A player like Di Maria really helped mesh the BBC line(Bale-Benz-CR) IMO... he was so important to us. I dislike argentine players but will respect their skill(if any)... Di Maria fit very well behind those three, he added enough of that futbol play.

But I believe this was a move needed to be made AFTER the signings Madrid did... now its a matter of time before everyone starts jelling.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#35 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:55 pm

James needs to play... to me, he clearly was the most active and creative out there... sometimes i'm not sure if he's out of position and just in a rush mindset or its by design he's over the field. I think its the first part more likely but that will settle down.

Bale needs really pick it up and looks winded already... I throw that to the added muscle.

Benz, not happy with the extension... I swear that wasn't a smart move to do. I've been behind Benz for awhile and last season I started stepping out of the trust/faith wagon... too many times he's not there.

For CR to have an injury, serious one at that, this should be the moment that Bale and Benz really impose their style. No excuses of Ronaldo being on the field to hog away possesions. No, Bale n Benz, step the **** up....

(Bale did and it won us the la decima)
The ModFather

Man of Steel
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by Man of Steel » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:58 am

Diego Lopez out with Di Maria wanting to leave as well. Now rumours of Xabi Alonso and Arbeloa being shown the door. Seems like we're getting rid of anyone that was on board with Mourinho :-?
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#37 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:48 pm

Lopez is out
Di Maria to Man U... its tough to see him go but its understandable considering the new signings
Arbeloa adios... if he's out i'm not missing him.
Xabi.... that one hurts and completely came out of no where for me.

I wonder if Khedria now stays n takes that holder midfielder... which we need.
The ModFather

Man of Steel
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by Man of Steel » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:59 pm

Too much happening with the club lately. Some rumours saying we're trying to sign Reus this summer, others saying we'll forgo the rest of the payment BVB owe for Sahin in lieu of an £18M transfer for Reus next summer.

Reputable sources saying Jesé will be back and ready for action by October. Happy to hear it.

Di Maria was on 3.5M net last year, and was offered a 5M net extension- the same amount that key players like Ramos and Modric make. At United, he's set to make between 8-9M per year for the next 5 years.

Xabi Alonso's medical with Bayern is today so expect an announcement soon. Illarramendi loan deal at Athletic is being discussed, and Khedira was linked with a host of clubs earlier this summer, which makes me think we're very likely moving for a defense oriented box to box player.

Congrats to Cristiano for winning UEFA's best player in Europe award!
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Cristiano/status/505063174358695936[/tweet]
Cheeky lad even admitted he played injured in three or four of the late CL games last season :lol: Glad to see he's rested up and returned to fitness in time for the new season. We'll need him to challenge for the remaining 4 trophies.

All in all, Madrid are always the team people are most sceptical about when it comes to transfers. Look at how much criticism we got last year for spending big on Bale and selling Özil with no hint of the move, right at the end of the transfer window. We ended up doing great last season, and the players who are leaving now are clearly players that don't want to play for Real Madrid anymore, so best of luck to them anytime they aren't playing us. We made a killing off of Di Maria, his transfer cost 75M and could go up to 90. With another 8-10M for Xabi, I'm sure we'll be looking to spend a bit more.
poeman
General Manager
And1: 7,066

Post#39 » by poeman » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:19 pm

Damn is Bale taking PEDs?
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#40 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Sep 2, 2014 3:48 pm

Defense is a priority... Ramos n Pepe need to be broken up and by that Varane needs to get out instead of Pepe....

I want one my fellow Uruguayans to join Real at defense, I would like Caceras to join since he would take Coentrao/Marcelo's spot.

Anyhoot, the next "move" for Real should come within, Navas for Casillas n Varane for Pepe...

Ancelotti has lots of work to do...
The ModFather

Return to The General Soccer Board