Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Re: Official Real Madrid CF Thread 

Post#163 » by Foye » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:20 pm

Man of Steel wrote:
Foye wrote:Welcome back MoS!

:wave: How's life bud :)

Except for my sports teams (as usual lol) everything is going well.
Man of Steel
Lead Assistant
And1: 548

Post#164 » by Man of Steel » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:17 am

Foye wrote:
Man of Steel wrote:
Foye wrote:Welcome back MoS!

:wave: How's life bud :)

Except for my sports teams (as usual lol) everything is going well.

Leafs, Raps, and Real all playing at this point in the season, think this is the first time ever lmao
HALA MADRID || GO LEAFS GO || LET'S GO RAPTORS
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#165 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:23 pm

Man of Steel wrote:In terms of transfers I think it's going to be an interesting summer. Only move I'd bet on is Atleti's Theo Hernandez at leftback since he's made it somewhat clear he's keen on a move. Rumours are always for up top- Hazard and Griezmann along with Mbappe this summer it seems, but the only way I see a single one of those coming to fruition is with the sale of Benzema or Bale.

Still leaves the middle of the park, where we have Asensio, Casemiro, Isco, James, Kovacic, Kroos, and Modric.
- Asensio is the youngest yet earning minutes
- Casemiro's spot is locked in as the deepest
- Isco has some doubts but I think we bet on him
- James is class but seems to be the most doubtful
- Kovacic doesn't seem unsettled despite minutes
- Kroos is world class and getting minutes
- Modric signs of slowing down but I still rate him

If we're setting Casemiro's spot aside and still fielding our 3 forwards, that leaves 6 midfielders for 2 spots. My money is on one of James, Bale, or Benzema being sold this summer just to make the current squad work, but another galactico would only further complicate things.

I wish it was Benz but that won't happen with the french connection... sorry but I'm starting selfishly look at Zidane and Benz national connection as the legit explanation why Benz continues to get starters minutes over Morata.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#166 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:27 pm

I think its best for my countrymen James to leave this club.

It will do both sides good IMO. James needs consistent play to get back to his "star" status. This sitting/benching with sporadic minutes is just killing him and he's not overcoming them easily.

Isco too.... Isco needs to play and i wish both were for RM but its just no bloody room along with Z's player lineups/rotations.... He relies on BBC and a B is injured while the other B is a bitch. THen the C should really be playing striker more now IMO.
The ModFather

Man of Steel
Lead Assistant

Post#167 » by Man of Steel » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:52 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:
Man of Steel wrote:In terms of transfers I think it's going to be an interesting summer. Only move I'd bet on is Atleti's Theo Hernandez at leftback since he's made it somewhat clear he's keen on a move. Rumours are always for up top- Hazard and Griezmann along with Mbappe this summer it seems, but the only way I see a single one of those coming to fruition is with the sale of Benzema or Bale.

Still leaves the middle of the park, where we have Asensio, Casemiro, Isco, James, Kovacic, Kroos, and Modric.
- Asensio is the youngest yet earning minutes
- Casemiro's spot is locked in as the deepest
- Isco has some doubts but I think we bet on him
- James is class but seems to be the most doubtful
- Kovacic doesn't seem unsettled despite minutes
- Kroos is world class and getting minutes
- Modric signs of slowing down but I still rate him

If we're setting Casemiro's spot aside and still fielding our 3 forwards, that leaves 6 midfielders for 2 spots. My money is on one of James, Bale, or Benzema being sold this summer just to make the current squad work, but another galactico would only further complicate things.

I wish it was Benz but that won't happen with the french connection... sorry but I'm starting to selfishly look at Zidane and Benz national connection as the legit explanation why Benz continues to get starters minutes over Morata.
As poor a season as he's had in front of goal, I'd say Benz has still been better than Morata over 90 minutes. Someone did a per 90 extrapolation and both Karim and Alvaro are averaging the same number of assists + goals per 90- can't remember the exact number but obviously Benz has had significantly more minutes this season. I think it boils down to Benz working harder and a linking better with Ronnie. Neither have been producing at the rate we'd want from a Real Madrid striker, so the next best measure is how well they gel with our actual striker haha
Man of Steel
Lead Assistant

Post#168 » by Man of Steel » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:02 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:I think its best for my countrymen James to leave this club.

It will do both sides good IMO. James needs consistent play to get back to his "star" status. This sitting/benching with sporadic minutes is just killing him and he's not overcoming them easily.

Isco too.... Isco needs to play and i wish both were for RM but its just no bloody room along with Z's player lineups/rotations.... He relies on BBC and a B is injured while the other B is a bitch. THen the C should really be playing striker more now IMO.

Thinking along the same lines. Hope he moves to England as opposed to Bayern or a Spanish side, wouldn't want to strengthen a rival. Phenomenal talent but I don't think we're the side for him right now.

Moving forward I think the core youth of this team is in midfield- guys like Asensio, Isco, Kroos, and Casemiro seem like mainstays for the long term. Then we've got products in Mariano Diaz, Mayoral, Odegaard, and possibly Enzo- who knows how many of them actually get a proper shot at the front, but Zidane seems willing enough to award them opportunities even in games we can't afford to lose.

Makes me really take a step back, take off my FIFA cap and say I definitely couldn't manage a team with those resources haha. Way too many egos and too much talent for one side sometimes. The depth comes clutch but when they link star names like Hazard, Griezmann, even younger guys like Dembele and Mbappe to our team in the transfer window, it's no wonder players aren't always settled here.
Man of Steel
Lead Assistant

Post#169 » by Man of Steel » Mon May 15, 2017 5:56 am

James :(
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#170 » by CalamityX12 » Mon May 15, 2017 6:00 pm

yea... its sad if it becomes reality for me...

but i'm glad he is going to play somewhere.... sucks that its Man U.... f... i dont want a Man U jersey, i dont!

Morata should leave too, make em pay for this, imo, clear french bias bs....
The ModFather

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#171 » by CalamityX12 » Mon May 15, 2017 6:01 pm

re James:

with Zinedine Zidane rotating his squad in recent weeks, he has scored seven goals in his last 10 appearances.

It baffles me... truly....
The ModFather

J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#172 » by J-Mezzy » Tue May 16, 2017 9:03 pm

Class player but never given a real shot by Zidane
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
Man of Steel
Lead Assistant

Post#173 » by Man of Steel » Wed May 17, 2017 10:15 am

Seems there's almost a campaign to smear his defensive work rate or his productivity given chances. As far as I saw he was a classy player that always produced given the chance and never said anything bad about the club, who decided to give more chances to Isco for obvious reasons. Shame really. We could use the depth of both but both seem destined to be worldbeaters that won't sit.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#174 » by CalamityX12 » Wed May 17, 2017 2:01 pm

I'll throw it back to Zidane's love affair for Benz.... Two new positions open up when Bale(injury) and Benz(fail to keep role) are out...

yet, shade is thrown at them.... enough is enough.
The ModFather

Man of Steel
Lead Assistant

Post#175 » by Man of Steel » Wed May 17, 2017 2:48 pm

Real seem to be hedging their bets on the admittedly impressive young Spanish talents in Carvajal, Nacho, Llorente, Asensio, Isco, and Morata. With a few of these coming from our own youth set up and the bulk of them looking at taking spots in the national side, it makes sense they want to keep them around at all costs.

Benzema's had a down year but I agree with Zizou's decision to keep playing him to an extent- he's a much more capable dribbler and link up player than Morata over all, and has shown his quality in recent late season games even when his finishing could have used work.

James is a completely different story though. He produced this season, even given such limited playing time, and still got railed on. Hope he doesn't go to Chelsea, Hazard and James on opposite wings would wreak havoc. Also, Marcelo aside, marketing wise Madrid has dropped off in terms of marketable players from the South American market and I think James could've filled that whole for us if we let him.
Man of Steel
Lead Assistant

Post#176 » by Man of Steel » Wed May 17, 2017 2:49 pm

Also, Nacho's yellow card and the resulting ban have been lifted!
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,625

Post#177 » by Baphomet » Wed May 17, 2017 2:53 pm

If James is coming to England, I'd rather see him at Spurs or Liverpool than United. He belongs on a team that attacks aggressively. Obviously City would fit that bill too but they're stacked at his position. Chelsea might work, too, especially if Hazard departs in the summer.

Some of the articles coming out of Manchester right now are suggesting that Man United should be aiming for better players than James anyway. :crazy:
Man of Steel
Lead Assistant

Post#178 » by Man of Steel » Wed May 17, 2017 8:41 pm

Baphomet wrote:If James is coming to England, I'd rather see him at Spurs or Liverpool than United. He belongs on a team that attacks aggressively. Obviously City would fit that bill too but they're stacked at his position. Chelsea might work, too, especially if Hazard departs in the summer.

Some of the articles coming out of Manchester right now are suggesting that Man United should be aiming for better players than James anyway. :crazy:

lmao don't think there are better players available in football. Wherever he ends up i'm sure he'll tear it up. Physicality ain't a problem either, he plays in South American cup games for Colombia
Man of Steel
Lead Assistant

Post#179 » by Man of Steel » Wed May 17, 2017 8:50 pm

Just two finals left for the season!
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#180 » by CalamityX12 » Thu May 18, 2017 1:51 pm

whoooooohooooooooo
The ModFather

Return to The General Soccer Board