Forum Draft & Tournament - Draw and Fixtures

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

poeman
General Manager
And1: 7,066

Re: Forum Draft & Tournament - Draw and Fixtures 

Post#21 » by poeman » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:49 am

cgf wrote:I'd hate to loose the opportunity to tweak my lineup from match to match, especially given the different set ups in my group. 9 of my 11 starters are set but those final two spots can go to literally anyone else depending on the specific opponent so not being able to adjust from match to match would kinda make my drafting strategy pointless.

Im tweaking match to match depending on the type of team I am facing
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,954

Post#22 » by BUCKnation » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:58 am

Just my take on a set up that would be faster for the group stage.

Have the matches in each group set up for that round and have a poll where people select the winners of each matchup.

So one round, maybe a day or two period would contain 2 matches per group (4 threads) with one team on a bye.

This would finish the group stage in just less than a week after everyone had played each other once. (4 rounds)

Then continue to the match-ups in the knockouts.
Ted Lasso
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#23 » by Ted Lasso » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:21 am

How would we set up two simultaneous polls in one thread? Perhaps i've misinterpreted your suggestion.
BUCKnation
RealGM

Post#24 » by BUCKnation » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:26 am

Ted Lasso wrote:How would we set up two simultaneous polls in one thread? Perhaps i've misinterpreted your suggestion.

I think you would just set up one poll with two selection and four team options and hope people are smart enough to pick two teams that aren't playing each other.
Ted Lasso
General Manager

Post#25 » by Ted Lasso » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:35 am

BUCKnation wrote:
Ted Lasso wrote:How would we set up two simultaneous polls in one thread? Perhaps i've misinterpreted your suggestion.

I think you would just set up one poll with two selection and four team options and hope people are smart enough to pick two teams that aren't playing each other.

Gotcha. That would bring us back to 5 days for the Group Stage at 24 hrs per. I dunno, you guys decide.
Matty
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#26 » by Matty » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:46 pm

Ted Lasso wrote:
BUCKnation wrote:

Gotcha. That would bring us back to 5 days for the Group Stage at 24 hrs per. I dunno, you guys decide.

That sounds good to me.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,908

Post#27 » by cgf » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:59 pm

David Luiz is so annoying to plan against. I think I'm gunna just have to treat him as a midfielder cause we all know that that's what he's going to do whether mountainsrew lists him there or not.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
britblazerdude
RealGM
And1: 1,344

Post#28 » by britblazerdude » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:04 pm

So how/where do I submit my tactics v. BLKOUT?
To Dare Is To Do? 13 League Titles. You've only got 2.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,908

Post#29 » by cgf » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:17 pm

I think there will be threads put up, right? Cause that's what I'm waiting for.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
Ted Lasso
General Manager

Post#30 » by Ted Lasso » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:20 am

I'll put up the threads shortly. Not sure how much interest there is in seeing this thing through, but we'll find out. :D
Matty
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#31 » by Matty » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:25 pm

Ted Lasso wrote:I'll put up the threads shortly. Not sure how much interest there is in seeing this thing through, but we'll find out. :D

Question; so when we're submitting our lineups for a matchup who goes first? because ideally everybody would like to see their opponents formation before submitting theirs to counter it.

My suggestion would be since everyone gets 4 games in the group stage, 2 should be "home" and 2 "away". So when your away, you submit your lineup first and when your at home you pick your lineup after the away team submits theirs.
Ted Lasso
General Manager

Post#32 » by Ted Lasso » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:08 pm

In international competitions, the team secretaries have to hand the lineups to the referee 75 minutes before kick-off. So, unless they're spying, neither side gets to see the opponent's team before choosing theirs.

That being the case, i don't mind posting my lineup first. If we wanted to be really realistic, we could all message our lineups and tactical comments to a mod (or me), who would post them just before kick-off.

I dunno if any of this matters though. We could be starting the first round of matches right now, yet not one person submitted a lineup.
BUCKnation
RealGM

Post#33 » by BUCKnation » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:22 pm

I don't have a matchup this round, but I think the people in the group should post their rosters with a basic lineup with the first posts so everyone has an idea of the rosters.

I don't really think tactics will have much of an effect with voting. People will look at the rosters and lineups and determine from their. If anyone goes too in-depth it'll end up being TL:DR for most voters anyways.
poeman
General Manager
And1: 7,066

Post#34 » by poeman » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:03 pm

I think Ted Lasso is right...I would like to see my opponent submit their lineup first, but we need to get these going. I think those maybe can matter in the knockout rounds or starting in quarterfinals.

Right now its time to post lineups.

Am I allowed to post lineup and a quick summary of why I went with which players and tactic behind it? Nothing crazy, Just a few line items explaining my reasoning

Return to The General Soccer Board