Official Juventus FC Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, LittleOzzy, Baphomet

User avatar
Baphomet
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 9,374
And1: 2,737
Joined: Dec 03, 2008
Location: UK
Contact:
   

Re: Official Juventus FC Thread 

Post#801 » by Baphomet » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:10 pm

Spurs vs. Juventus friendly coming up in a few days. :nod:

Looking forward to it.
User avatar
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
Posts: 22,118
And1: 2,071
Joined: Jul 29, 2008
Location: Frankfurt
     

Re: Official Juventus FC Thread 

Post#802 » by Foye » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:21 pm

Does Juve really buy Higuain? Juve management usually strikes me as smart business men but investing 95 mil. in a 28 y/o doesnt seem smart at all.
Riko
Junior
Posts: 455
And1: 194
Joined: Dec 17, 2015
   

Re: Official Juventus FC Thread 

Post#803 » by Riko » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:45 pm

They need a top tier striker to compete in CL, with this signs (and Benatia, Alves and Pijanic, pjaca) they are became a serious threat to first tier club like Bayern, Real and Barcellona.
User avatar
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
Posts: 22,118
And1: 2,071
Joined: Jul 29, 2008
Location: Frankfurt
     

Re: Official Juventus FC Thread 

Post#804 » by Foye » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:51 pm

Higuain is a career bottler when the pressure is on him. Hard to see imagine him making Juve a serious threat to first tier teams.

If anything Dybala will make them a serious threat.
User avatar
mercgold3
Head Coach
Posts: 6,959
And1: 1,689
Joined: Nov 21, 2013
Location: Porto, Portugal
   

Re: Official Juventus FC Thread 

Post#805 » by mercgold3 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:38 pm

Ei Magic, are we going to see a bidding war for Herrera between Juve and Napoli, after the transfers of Pogba to United and Higuain to Juve ?
Só os mais fortes sobrevivem, nós seremos eternos ! FC Porto 1893
User avatar
magik9113
General Manager
Posts: 8,460
And1: 602
Joined: Feb 03, 2006
       

Re: Official Juventus FC Thread 

Post#806 » by magik9113 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:46 pm

Foye wrote:Higuain is a career bottler when the pressure is on him. Hard to see imagine him making Juve a serious threat to first tier teams.

If anything Dybala will make them a serious threat.

you know who else was a career bottler? Arjen Robben

I support the decision to pay the ridiculous release clause. He makes us better no doubt. He doesn't need to be the man to win us CL....Dybala is that guy as Foye said. We also have the best defense around
Image
User avatar
magik9113
General Manager
Posts: 8,460
And1: 602
Joined: Feb 03, 2006
       

Re: Official Juventus FC Thread 

Post#807 » by magik9113 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:47 pm

mercgold3 wrote:Ei Magic, are we going to see a bidding war for Herrera between Juve and Napoli, after the transfers of Pogba to United and Higuain to Juve ?

his name has been thrown around but I don't expect to see him go to either Juve or Napoli.

Juve financially doesn't even need to sell Pogba after getting Higuain, but sure it makes it more likely.
We can sell guys like: Zaza, Pereyra, Lemina, Herananes, and Sturaro and make some $$
Image
No_20
Veteran
Posts: 2,542
And1: 315
Joined: Feb 06, 2013

Re: Official Juventus FC Thread 

Post#808 » by No_20 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:20 pm

magik9113 wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:Ei Magic, are we going to see a bidding war for Herrera between Juve and Napoli, after the transfers of Pogba to United and Higuain to Juve ?

his name has been thrown around but I don't expect to see him go to either Juve or Napoli.

Juve financially doesn't even need to sell Pogba after getting Higuain, but sure it makes it more likely.
We can sell guys like: Zaza, Pereyra, Lemina, Herananes, and Sturaro and make some $$

You will never get a better offer than this one. For example, you could easily pay Griezmann's release clause with the Pogba money.
Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, Kevin Garnett, Toni Kroos, Pep Guardiola, Ernst Happel, Joachim Löw.
User avatar
magik9113
General Manager
Posts: 8,460
And1: 602
Joined: Feb 03, 2006
       

Re: Official Juventus FC Thread 

Post#809 » by magik9113 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:27 am

No_20 wrote:
magik9113 wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:Ei Magic, are we going to see a bidding war for Herrera between Juve and Napoli, after the transfers of Pogba to United and Higuain to Juve ?

his name has been thrown around but I don't expect to see him go to either Juve or Napoli.

Juve financially doesn't even need to sell Pogba after getting Higuain, but sure it makes it more likely.
We can sell guys like: Zaza, Pereyra, Lemina, Herananes, and Sturaro and make some $$

You will never get a better offer than this one. For example, you could easily pay Griezmann's release clause with the Pogba money.

We'd need a center mid if we sell Pogba. The reason he costs so much is cause he's damn good. He has great chemistry with our squad and now that we got Higuain and the rest of our new guys we are better than last season if Pogba stays. It's a great offer but keeping him is a great option as well
Image
User avatar
HIF
RealGM
Posts: 11,850
And1: 3,824
Joined: Mar 31, 2004
Location: France
         

Re: Official Juventus FC Thread 

Post#810 » by HIF » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:46 am

magik9113 wrote:
No_20 wrote:
magik9113 wrote:his name has been thrown around but I don't expect to see him go to either Juve or Napoli.

Juve financially doesn't even need to sell Pogba after getting Higuain, but sure it makes it more likely.
We can sell guys like: Zaza, Pereyra, Lemina, Herananes, and Sturaro and make some $$

You will never get a better offer than this one. For example, you could easily pay Griezmann's release clause with the Pogba money.

We'd need a center mid if we sell Pogba. The reason he costs so much is cause he's damn good. He has great chemistry with our squad and now that we got Higuain and the rest of our new guys we are better than last season if Pogba stays. It's a great offer but keeping him is a great option as well


But 3 times the price of Kanté!!

You should have pushed for him, he would have been the ideal player infront of your defence.
No more talk about Family Riles. Just do you job! :noway:

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
User avatar
magik9113
General Manager
Posts: 8,460
And1: 602
Joined: Feb 03, 2006
       

Re: Official Juventus FC Thread 

Post#811 » by magik9113 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:57 pm

Would have loved Kante but

Pogba Marchisio Pjanic Khedira Sturaro ...I'm content. We need a couple upgrades for their back ups tho to have depth when Sami gets injured and Marchis is already out for months
Image
User avatar
mercgold3
Head Coach
Posts: 6,959
And1: 1,689
Joined: Nov 21, 2013
Location: Porto, Portugal
   

Re: RE: Re: Official Juventus FC Thread 

Post#812 » by mercgold3 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:26 am

magik9113 wrote:Image

Turim Wall.
Só os mais fortes sobrevivem, nós seremos eternos ! FC Porto 1893
User avatar
magik9113
General Manager
Posts: 8,460
And1: 602
Joined: Feb 03, 2006
       

Re: Official Juventus FC Thread 

Post#813 » by magik9113 » Mon Aug 8, 2016 2:46 pm

So I wonder who we get in the midfield with all the Pogba money.

Farewell to Paul. Thanks for helping us win several scudetti, and for making us a **** ton of money $$$$$
Image
User avatar
magik9113
General Manager
Posts: 8,460
And1: 602
Joined: Feb 03, 2006
       

Re: Official Juventus FC Thread 

Post#814 » by magik9113 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:56 pm

So Juve tried out Dybala behind Mandzukic and Higuain, with Pjanic playing the Marchisio/Pirlo role. And there's some definite potential there in that
Image
User avatar
J-Mezzy
RealGM
Posts: 18,503
And1: 1,277
Joined: Jan 21, 2004
Location: Orlando

Re: Official Juventus FC Thread 

Post#815 » by J-Mezzy » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:02 pm

You should go after Isco or james
Image
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
User avatar
magik9113
General Manager
Posts: 8,460
And1: 602
Joined: Feb 03, 2006
       

Re: Official Juventus FC Thread 

Post#816 » by magik9113 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:13 am

rumors of Zaza to Wolfsburg for 25m euro
Image
User avatar
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
Posts: 22,118
And1: 2,071
Joined: Jul 29, 2008
Location: Frankfurt
     

Re: Official Juventus FC Thread 

Post#817 » by Foye » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:58 am

magik9113 wrote:rumors of Zaza to Wolfsburg for 25m euro


Wolfsburg is really having a craptastic offseason.
User avatar
magik9113
General Manager
Posts: 8,460
And1: 602
Joined: Feb 03, 2006
       

Re: Official Juventus FC Thread 

Post#818 » by magik9113 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:08 pm

Foye wrote:
magik9113 wrote:rumors of Zaza to Wolfsburg for 25m euro


Wolfsburg is really having a craptastic offseason.

apparently they prefer Mario Gomez now? who is in charge there lol


Cuadrado may be returning to Juve afterall :pray:
Image
User avatar
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
Posts: 22,118
And1: 2,071
Joined: Jul 29, 2008
Location: Frankfurt
     

Re: Official Juventus FC Thread 

Post#819 » by Foye » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:24 pm

magik9113 wrote:
Foye wrote:
magik9113 wrote:rumors of Zaza to Wolfsburg for 25m euro


Wolfsburg is really having a craptastic offseason.

apparently they prefer Mario Gomez now? who is in charge there lol


Cuadrado may be returning to Juve afterall :pray:


I kinda expect that they are going to buy both. With Schürrle and Kruse gone they have nobody up front except Gomez and 19 y/o Mayoral.
Dost is still there but I expect him to be sold, too.

Overall, Allofs has done a terrible job in Wolfsburg since de Bruyne left.
User avatar
magik9113
General Manager
Posts: 8,460
And1: 602
Joined: Feb 03, 2006
       

Re: Official Juventus FC Thread 

Post#820 » by magik9113 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:08 pm

We need to get Cuadrado back + buy Matuidi and call it a summer.
Image

Return to The General Soccer Board