ImageImageImage

The One And Only Offseason Thread 5: Dinnertime!

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

drewsprocket
Junior
And1: 100

Re: The One And Only Offseason Thread 5: Dinnertime! 

Post#721 » by drewsprocket » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:55 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Sunsdeuce wrote:Just listened to sports 910. Anyway Jude lacava is saying, the suns have put up the "open for business" sign as far as trading Bledsoe. He said his sources told him that they are now exploring trade scenarios. He said it's like a 5% chance Bledsoe comes back.

Personally, I knew Bledsoe wasn't coming back. Anyway, there you have it. "Open for business" as of now. Bye Bledsoe.

Also came across twitter:
@foxsports910: .@judefox10 on @FoxSports910: "The @Suns are now discussing trade possibilities with RFA G @EBled2." @paulcoro @WojYahooNBA

@foxsports910: .@judefox10 says you can "take it to the bank" in regards to his report on @FoxSports910 that the @suns are exploring an Eric Bledsoe trade.

Oops wrong thread

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

I just don't see too many scenarios where teams would want to trade assets for him and give him the max. That's a lot to ask for. The Atlanta deal I just posted could be a possibility but if they want Kieff to start, I don't know if they'd want to do it.

I'd do the Milwaukee deal I posted in several times, if we got another pick. Knight, Middleton and a pick. Partially because I don't think. I think that allows them to absorb a max contract for him. This would be last case scenario, but I just don't see any other scenarios.

LAL still has been adamant to sign 2 year contracts to have max space in 2016 so unless Bledsoe will take a 2 year max (which I'm not sure he can) then it doesn't work. And I'm not a huge Randle fan. We'd likely have to take back Lin too, or possibly Hill.

The other one is Orlando, unless they just want to grow their young guys and start them, but they could do a 3 guard rotation too.

Houston may have if they didn't sign Ariza, but they'd have to trade us practically their entire roster except for Ariza, Harden and Howard and go with minimum guys. I guess we could give them other pieces, but it would probably have to be the twins and we'd have to go with Terrence Jones at PF. I don't think this is a possibility but I'm sure they'd love to get him.

Sacramento could work, but it would have to be a ton of salary coming back, and if we could get Stauskas it might be worth it. Would probably have to take Gay back and give them Tucker who can't be traded for awhile I don't think.

None of these seem very realistic to me unless Atlanta really wants him and will pay the max.

I'd take T Jones for Eric Bled any day of the week. Terrence is a good athlete, plays above the rim, good ball handler, good help defender, terrific pick and roll guy. Too bad we cant pull that one off. Having Kief and Terrence jones compete for the starting PF would be amaz-balls.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Post#722 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:03 am

drewsprocket wrote:I'd take T Jones for Eric Bled any day of the week. Terrence is a good athlete, plays above the rim, good ball handler, good help defender, terrific pick and roll guy. Too bad we cant pull that one off. Having Kief and Terrence jones compete for the starting PF would be amaz-balls.

Jones is good but we already have Kief who plays a very similar game. Jones is a baller though. He put up roughly 2 less points than Kieff but did so with better percentages and against starting opponents. Although Kieff doesn't have nearly the same amount of help as Jones does in Houston though.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,377

Post#723 » by bwgood77 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:04 am

drewsprocket wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Sunsdeuce wrote:Just listened to sports 910. Anyway Jude lacava is saying, the suns have put up the "open for business" sign as far as trading Bledsoe. He said his sources told him that they are now exploring trade scenarios. He said it's like a 5% chance Bledsoe comes back.

Personally, I knew Bledsoe wasn't coming back. Anyway, there you have it. "Open for business" as of now. Bye Bledsoe.

Also came across twitter:
@foxsports910: .@judefox10 on @FoxSports910: "The @Suns are now discussing trade possibilities with RFA G @EBled2." @paulcoro @WojYahooNBA

@foxsports910: .@judefox10 says you can "take it to the bank" in regards to his report on @FoxSports910 that the @suns are exploring an Eric Bledsoe trade.

Oops wrong thread

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

I just don't see too many scenarios where teams would want to trade assets for him and give him the max. That's a lot to ask for. The Atlanta deal I just posted could be a possibility but if they want Kieff to start, I don't know if they'd want to do it.

I'd do the Milwaukee deal I posted in several times, if we got Knight, Middleton and a pick. I think that allows them to absorb a max contract for him. This would be last case scenario, but I just don't see any other scenarios.

LAL still has been adamant to sign 2 year contracts to have max space in 2016 so unless Bledsoe will take a 2 year max (which I'm not sure he can) then it doesn't work. And I'm not a huge Randle fan. We'd likely have to take back Lin too, or possibly Hill.

The other one is Orlando, unless they just want to grow their young guys and start them, but they could do a 3 guard rotation too.

Houston may have if they didn't sign Ariza, but they'd have to trade us practically their entire roster except for Ariza, Harden and Howard and go with minimum guys. I guess we could give them other pieces, but it would probably have to be the twins and we'd have to go with Terrence Jones at PF. I don't think this is a possibility but I'm sure they'd love to get him.

Sacramento could work, but it would have to be a ton of salary coming back, and if we could get Stauskas it might be worth it. Would probably have to take Gay back and give them Tucker who can't be traded for awhile I don't think.

None of these seem very realistic to me unless Atlanta really wants him and will pay the max.

I'd take T Jones for Eric Bled any day of the week. Terrence is a good athlete, plays above the rim, good ball handler, good help defender, terrific pick and roll guy. Too bad we cant pull that one off. Having Kief and Terrence jones compete for the starting PF would be amaz-balls.

I really like Terrence Jones too, but they would pretty much have Bledsoe, Harden, Ariza and Howard, plus minimum guys. Any injury to those four would kill them. We could waive about half the guys in the trade though because a ton of their guys have non guaranteed contracts. http://data.shamsports.com/content/page ... ockets.jsp But those four puts them at about the cap if Bledsoe gets a max.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#724 » by bwgood77 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:05 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
drewsprocket wrote:I'd take T Jones for Eric Bled any day of the week. Terrence is a good athlete, plays above the rim, good ball handler, good help defender, terrific pick and roll guy. Too bad we cant pull that one off. Having Kief and Terrence jones compete for the starting PF would be amaz-balls.

Jones is good but we already have Kief who plays a very similar game. Jones is a baller though. He put up roughly 2 less points than Kieff but did so with better percentages and against starting opponents. Although Kieff doesn't have nearly the same amount of help as Jones does in Houston though.

Jones would be the perfect backup or even insurance possibility if Kieff got a huge offer we didn't want to match next year.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#725 » by bwgood77 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:09 am

Ultimately, even though we are all talking about possibilities, I still think it's posturing from Bledsoe's camp and possibly even the Suns and that it is still likely we end up with some kind of deal.
SideSwipe
Analyst
And1: 660

Post#726 » by SideSwipe » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:15 am

Possible options that have not been mentioned out there.

Charlotte for Kemba +?
Dallas for Monta+?
San Antonio for Splitter and Green?

What else is out there that hasn't been uncovered?
JDLAW
Suns Forum CBA and Legal Expert
And1: 1,301

Post#727 » by JDLAW » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:15 am

bwgood77 wrote:
SSOL wrote:Jude has never broken anything. Ever.

He did break right before the draft that one thing he knows is that the Suns would NOT take McLemore, and he's the only one to say it. I hoped he was wrong at the time, but he wasn't.

Wasn't very hard to figure that one out…. It did not take any inside info for this.

Kerrsed wrote:To let all teams know that we are looking to trade him and get them in a bidding war against each other. Its what the Wolves did with Love. They kept saying that they weren't "actively seeking" to trade Love, but when they didnt get the offers that they liked, they let the word out that they were looking for a trade, then started leaking info about what teams were offering, to get other teams to step up their offers. Its all a game. I highly doubt that GS was offering up Klay, but MIN puts that info out there to drive up the price with Cleveland.

Im sure we already have had some initial offers (Sources have confirmed that), we said we weren't trading him and didnt like the offers we were getting. Now we let it out that we will trade him, and let the teams that are interested in him bid against each other, all the while we help increase his price by lying and leaking out bad info as to what the offers are.

So in other words, Yes, i do see it happening and see why we would now "let it be known".

Yeah it is all over the NBA media and the Twitter universe that the Suns are shopping Bledsoe for a sign and trade everyone is involved and throwing offers at the Suns.

There is nothing about this anywhere. For Crissakes Dick Bavetta's retirement is getting more press.
SideSwipe
Analyst
And1: 660

Post#728 » by SideSwipe » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:20 am

bwgood77 wrote:Houston may have if they didn't sign Ariza, but they'd have to trade us practically their entire roster except for Ariza, Harden and Howard and go with minimum guys. I guess we could give them other pieces, but it would probably have to be the twins and we'd have to go with Terrence Jones at PF. I don't think this is a possibility but I'm sure they'd love to get him.

I'd rather do
Bledsoe, Morri, Green for Harden, Jones :eyebrows:
DRK
RealGM
And1: 3,590

Post#729 » by DRK » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:47 am

Eric Bledsoe for Nicolas Batum?

Portland played with Mo Williams and Lillard on the court quite a bit last season... Bled and Lillard would be insane.
MrMiyagi wrote:Lob to DA for the win
drewsprocket
Junior
And1: 100

Post#730 » by drewsprocket » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:56 am

DRK wrote:Eric Bledsoe for Nicolas Batum?

Portland played with Mo Williams and Lillard on the court quite a bit last season... Bled and Lillard would be insane.

Batum is better than Bledsoe. Batum is a better playmaker, scorer, and defender than Bledsoe...moreover, he's exceedingly durable. I doubt they'd go for it. People who get down on Batum for not being a "takeover the game" type player...and I think its silly to be such a critic of his game because of that. He's a glue guy through and through. I'd take that trade in a heartbeat if I'm Phx, tho.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,638

Post#731 » by Qwigglez » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:03 am

It would create a logjam at SF, but I am a fan of Batum.
baubo
Sixth Man
And1: 1,274

Post#732 » by baubo » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:10 am

Houston can trade for Bledsoe and match contracts. It can't happen now officially because some contracts are not available for trade, but they can work out a deal and complete it in mid September.

It would look something like this.

NG contracts - Gee, Hopson, Covington, Powell = $7mil
Actual players Phoenix would like - Jones, Capella(if you guys want another raw big to develop) = $2.8mil
$9.8mil x 1.5 = 14.7mil starting salary.

Not certain the Rockets will be willing to pay Bledsoe that much or whether the Suns will like what they have to offer in trade. But salary wise it's certainly possible.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#733 » by Kerrsed » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:12 am

I cant wait for the future!

So how long until we get these LED Basketball courts?

http://www.kgw.com/story/sports/nba/201 ... /14284095/

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2YhDQtncK8[/youtube]
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#734 » by bwgood77 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:17 am

Didn't get whole tweet detailed in next post.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#735 » by bwgood77 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:18 am

JDLAW wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
SSOL wrote:Jude has never broken anything. Ever.

He did break right before the draft that one thing he knows is that the Suns would NOT take McLemore, and he's the only one to say it. I hoped he was wrong at the time, but he wasn't.

Wasn't very hard to figure that one out…. It did not take any inside info for this.

There is nothing about this anywhere. For Crissakes Dick Bavetta's retirement is getting more press.

Well maybe you had more info than Coro, because I tweeted him at about the same time (before seeing the LaCava tweet.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/paulcoro/status/350345869264039937[/tweet]
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#736 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:18 am

Qwigglez wrote:

I'd move Tucker for him in a second.
Zelaznyrules
Sixth Man
And1: 995

Post#737 » by Zelaznyrules » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:21 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:

I'd move Tucker for him in a second.

I'll drink to that.
NaturalBuns
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,463

Post#738 » by NaturalBuns » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:53 am

A lot of ppl on this board back in May thought Bledsoe was staying a Sun.
Thought the exit interview was nothing to read into :lol:

Boy was you wrong
At least Bledsoe kept it professional when he did play for the Suns. You would of never thought he wanted out.
Till that interview of course :lol:
oldscho0led wrote:Baseball is all about momentum. Pirates will carry their winning ways and beat Giants in the Wildcard.

A's over Royals. Lester and experience will prove that he's worth the trade.

Tigers winning it all. Tigers are, imo, peaking at the right time.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#739 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:18 am

NaturalBuns wrote:A lot of ppl on this board back in May thought Bledsoe was staying a Sun.

Boy was you wrong
At least Bledsoe kept it professional when he did play for the Suns. You would of never thought he wanted out.

Talking about the posters back in May. What happened to all those that registered when Lebron to PHX was still a small possibility?
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer
And1: 5,479

Post#740 » by gaspar » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:35 am

NaturalBuns wrote:A lot of ppl on this board back in May thought Bledsoe was staying a Sun.

Boy was you wrong

I think you should wait with your "I told you so" **** until something actually happens.

Return to Phoenix Suns