ImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread: The Block Is Hot!!

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,408

Re: Official Trade Thread: The Block Is Hot!! 

Post#81 » by bwgood77 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:40 pm

Zelaznyrules wrote:Yeah, I was a little subtle. He's a great help-side shot blocker but a poor basketball player. And with his health history I can't help but wonder why anyone would think highly of him.

Probably just people who wanted him in the draft. Anyone who pays any attention to how players are actually playing won't think much of him.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,408

Post#82 » by bwgood77 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:44 pm

1UPZ wrote:
jcsunsfan wrote:
1UPZ wrote:Noel with another 30-40 pounds of muscle could be very handy as a PF/C.
I think the Morris twins could nab him indeed. At worst McD can use Noel as a bigger asset, but he and Len as the front court could be amazing defensively.

Noel with another 30-40 pounds becomes much more injury prone and looses all the quickness and athletic ability that makes him worth anything at all.

Not really, if he puts majority of that weight on his core region (thighs and bum), it doesnt make him less mobile, in fact it makes him stronger of jumps and running. The weight is also kept near the knees, so strain is minimized laterally and vertically.

When I say gain 30-40 pounds, it doesnt mean BULK neccessarily. It means lean muscle everywhere, for a 6'11 guy, 25-30 pounds on the lower portion of his body (core region) and 10 pounds on his shoulders/arms would NOT affect his mobility, it makes him stronger and more resilient to being knocked around WHICH is worse for injuries.

Do you think 30-40 pound will help him shoot better than 42% from 2 feet? Or do you just really like his 7 boards and 1.6 blocks a game?
ShawnBronald
Sixth Man
And1: 365

Post#83 » by ShawnBronald » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:54 pm

This is a little off-topic (not about a trade), but funny nonetheless....

[tweet]https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/560181705055543297[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Matt_Barnes22/status/560184637583286272[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Matt_Barnes22/status/560185365743816704[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Matt_Barnes22/status/560187547004198912[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/paulcoro/status/560201003727732736[/tweet]

Seriously, why is Barnes still in the league? He's a fake tough guy. He talks a big game, but I bet he wouldn't last a second in an actual fight. I'm ashamed he was ever a Phoenix Sun. What a moron.
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,911

Post#84 » by Fo-Real » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:05 pm

Yep... he was on a tv close up at the time. Turned and said "mutha $!@k you B!@#h" !!! Right on tv.
LukasBMW
Suns Forum SlamDRUNK Contributor
And1: 4,286

Post#85 » by LukasBMW » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:18 pm

LOL.

I was sitting a few rows back on the baseline in 2010 when Barnes was playing for the Suns. At one point a fan yelled out: "pass the ball Barnes! You're not that good".

Barnes responded: "**** you!"

LOL. Barnes is such a punk.
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#86 » by jcsunsfan » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:04 am

1UPZ wrote:
carey wrote:
jcsunsfan wrote:
Noel with another 30-40 pounds becomes much more injury prone and looses all the quickness and athletic ability that makes him worth anything at all.

Did it do that to Anthony Davis? We won't know that until we see it.

Exactly, Davis packed on mass on his arms/shoulders and his thighs/legs IMO (cannot verify due to long shorts lol).

But he looks stronger, more resilient to getting knocked around which can cause injuries especially landing awkwardly.

Davis has a much broader frame than Noel. Its like Len, he has a nice frame upon which to hang muscle.
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,080

Post#87 » by RaisingArizona » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:13 am

DRK wrote:Trade the twins and you trade team chemistry along with it. The Morri are the vocal leaders, they stick up for the rest of the team. I love their thug-ish attitude, and couldnt care less about the techs.

Its been too long since the Suns had some bad boys on the team. Now we finally get some, finally get some fighters, and we're looking to trade them.

SMH.

Pretty much. I guess we like being the soft franchise. If we trade the Mo Bros for ****, then I'm out for a bit. Too much stupidity going on this season for me to take.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,296

Post#88 » by Revived » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:03 am

I think Kieff can still be the vocal leader even if we trade away his brother.
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#89 » by thamadkant » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:06 am

bwgood77 wrote:
1UPZ wrote:
jcsunsfan wrote:

Not really, if he puts majority of that weight on his core region (thighs and bum), it doesnt make him less mobile, in fact it makes him stronger of jumps and running. The weight is also kept near the knees, so strain is minimized laterally and vertically.

When I say gain 30-40 pounds, it doesnt mean BULK neccessarily. It means lean muscle everywhere, for a 6'11 guy, 25-30 pounds on the lower portion of his body (core region) and 10 pounds on his shoulders/arms would NOT affect his mobility, it makes him stronger and more resilient to being knocked around WHICH is worse for injuries.

Do you think 30-40 pound will help him shoot better than 42% from 2 feet? Or do you just really like his 7 boards and 1.6 blocks a game?

No, I like defensive, active players who don't become useless when shot is off.
Defensive big men are always impactful.... Also in a couple of years Noel can be a 11 rebound 2 block 1.5 steal center/forward
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,808

Post#90 » by Saberestar » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:09 am

ginobiliflops wrote:
DRK wrote:Trade the twins and you trade team chemistry along with it. The Morri are the vocal leaders, they stick up for the rest of the team. I love their thug-ish attitude, and couldnt care less about the techs.

Its been too long since the Suns had some bad boys on the team. Now we finally get some, finally get some fighters, and we're looking to trade them.

SMH.

Pretty much. I guess we like being the soft franchise. If we trade the Mo Bros for ****, then I'm out for a bit. Too much stupidity going on this season for me to take.

I disagree. You can play with passion and fight every ball on the court without talking ****, being arrogant and yelling at the refs all game long. Morris Bros are not real tough players, they can't even box out correctly and they are mediocre defenders at best.

Tim Duncan, Wade , Westbrook or Tony Allen for example are "real" tough players and agresive and great defenders too. They don't have to act like thugs to gain respect, that is for losers like Matt Barnes or Larry Sanders.

Hopefully Morris Bros can learn the lesson that Hornacek is trying to explain them and they can be more effective and humble on the court in the future.
Sunsdeuce
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,190

Post#91 » by Sunsdeuce » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:20 am

Original post moved to barkley thread.

Shout out to SF88!! :D
“Cash Considerations” or Bust!

Only a fan of Arizona teams!
CARDINALS
Dbacks
Suns
Coyotes
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,653

Post#92 » by Qwigglez » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:34 am

Saberestar wrote:I disagree. You can play with passion and fight every ball on the court without talking ****, being arrogant and yelling at the refs all game long. Morris Bros are not real tough players, they can't even box out correctly and they are mediocre defenders at best.

Tim Duncan, Wade , Westbrook or Tony Allen for example are "real" tough players and agresive and great defenders too. They don't have to act like thugs to gain respect, that is for losers like Matt Barnes or Larry Sanders.

Hopefully Morris Bros can learn the lesson that Hornacek is trying to explain them and they can be more effective and humble on the court in the future.

Lost me with Wade being in that mix.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjucAs1aWPA[/youtube]

Doesn't look like a tough player, looks like a little bi*** to me. And then there's plenty of video of Wade flopping all over the place.
Revived
RealGM

Post#93 » by Revived » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:38 am

Sunsdeuce wrote:Barkley speaks the truth!!! I love barkley. There is no way around it, small ball is garbage. Just like I've (and others here) been saying all year. It's time for the Suns to end this 3 PG nonsense.

@AZSports: Barkley: The #Suns 'pinning themselves in a corner' with 3-PG system - http://t.co/GEwH59Pdk5 http://t.co/WVEppNSCON

"You're not going to beat Memphis, you're not going to beat Portland, you're not going to beat Dallas…I don't like small ball," he said. "That's one of my pet peeves."

And, he added, you can't pay a good big if you're paying three point guards.

"You've got to pay big guys at some point," he said."You've got to get some good quality big guys."

Thank you so much for posting that. Thread worthy;

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1369493

Deserves its own thread, not the trade thread :D
Sunsdeuce
Lead Assistant

Post#94 » by Sunsdeuce » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:48 am

SF88 wrote:
Sunsdeuce wrote:Barkley speaks the truth!!! I love barkley. There is no way around it, small ball is garbage. Just like I've (and others here) been saying all year. It's time for the Suns to end this 3 PG nonsense.

@AZSports: Barkley: The #Suns 'pinning themselves in a corner' with 3-PG system - http://t.co/GEwH59Pdk5 http://t.co/WVEppNSCON

"You're not going to beat Memphis, you're not going to beat Portland, you're not going to beat Dallas…I don't like small ball," he said. "That's one of my pet peeves."

"You've got to pay big guys at some point," he said."You've got to get some good quality big guys."

I apologize. This new realgm format is messing me up. I liked it when you hit the Suns front page you could see the top threads. Again my apologies. I will move that post.

CARDINALS
Dbacks
Suns
Coyotes
Revived
RealGM

Post#95 » by Revived » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:50 am

Sunsdeuce wrote:
SF88 wrote:

I apologize. This new realgm format is messing me up. I liked it when you hit the Suns front page you could see the top threads. Again my apologies. I will move that post.

Lol no don't applogize, I created that thread after you posted it in here.

I said thank you because you brought my attention to it. Don't apologize lol, I probably wouldn't have seen the article if you didn't post it.
Sunsdeuce
Lead Assistant

Post#96 » by Sunsdeuce » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:56 am

:party:
SF88 wrote:
Sunsdeuce wrote:
SF88 wrote:Thank you so much for posting that. Thread worthy;

Lol no don't applogize, I created that thread after you posted it in here.

I said thank you because you brought my attention to it. Don't apologize lol, I probably wouldn't have seen the article if you didn't post it.

You da man.

Time for a trade for a quality big!

CARDINALS
Dbacks
Suns
Coyotes
thamadkant

Post#97 » by thamadkant » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:10 am

Barkley is abrupt but has a good point..

Although Suns has beaten Mavs handily this season and Blazers last season... BUT, not in a playoff environment.
Sunsdeuce
Lead Assistant

Post#98 » by Sunsdeuce » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:16 am

I think now is the time to cash in these assets.

CARDINALS
Dbacks
Suns
Coyotes
GetYourPHX
Pro Prospect
And1: 789

Post#99 » by GetYourPHX » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:21 am

I love Barkley as much as the next Suns fan but what does he know about winning championships?
thamadkant

Post#100 » by thamadkant » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:24 am

GetYourPHX wrote:I love Barkley as much as the next Suns fan but what does he know about winning championships?

As much as the Suns..

But Barkley is specifically pointing out that Suns need to be like the previous champions.... get/pay quality big men.

Return to Phoenix Suns