ImageImageImage

Trade Discussion Thread 2: DRAGIC/PICK FOR BROOKS Page 21

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

NiGhtWiSh
Senior
And1: 7

Re: Trade Discussion Thread 2: DRAGIC/PICK FOR BROOKS Page 21 

Post#526 » by NiGhtWiSh » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:16 pm

I understand your deep emotions, but still, i don't understand your point of vue. Suns acquired a star, not only in comparaison with Dragić, trading an average player an protected pick in a very weak draft.

I don't know what do you guys wanted in exchange for crap like Childress, old dog Carter or limited players like Dragić, Warrick. Melo? LeBron? Kobe? Griffin? Arrrrgh.

You better go sleep, my good friends. Tomorrow the Sun will rise. We are heading to playoffs. The future is bright. You will see. Have more FAITH.
Offense wins games, Defense wins championships...
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#527 » by Kerrsed » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:16 pm

Hey guys, i just woke up, any new trades/info that i missed?

Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,808

Post#528 » by thamadkant » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:16 pm

RunDogGun wrote:I had high hopes for Goran, but he did very little this year. To me his free-throw shooting affected his desire to drive like he used to do. That in turn changed his game and his ability to be a true weapon. I am not saying Brooks can be that weapon, but it seems like the FO is just band aiding the bigger problem. We trade LB, only to find we needed his offense from the bench, and we let Lou go, only to find we needed his hustle to spark the team. We trade Goran to get a guy like LB with worse shooting. The pick is the hardest pill to swallow. If it was a second rounder, maybe not bad, or if we had traded the ORL pick and grabbed their second, even better.

when barbosa was on the Suns, he stagnated the OFFENSE, outside of him trying to get his points...
Suns fans cried and wanted him out....

barbosa became Turkoglu...

Turk didnt fit in so Suns fans cried... and wanted him out..

Turk became Gortat....

Gortat had issues at the start, but has since become a double double guy... Suns cried.. but now are happy...Suns found their ideal BIG man next to Stoudemire... shame Stoudemire is not on the team anymore...

In essence.. Barbosa became Gortat.... so I don't regret that trade... Suns needed more rebounding and size than scoring and ball hogging.
SUN
Lead Assistant
And1: 866

Post#529 » by SUN » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:17 pm

Kerrsed wrote:Hey guys, i just woke up, any new trades/info that i missed?

Brooks for Dragic.
Nando88
Veteran
And1: 256

Post#530 » by Nando88 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:18 pm

Kerrsed wrote:Hey guys, i just woke up, any new trades/info that i missed?

Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,323

Post#531 » by Calvin Klein » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:18 pm

We play Houston twice next month. Gonna be interesting.
blackjays1
Junior
And1: 0

Post#532 » by blackjays1 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:21 pm

I don't have a problem with the trade, AB is the slimmest of an upgrade over Dragic and the pick is lotto protected.

What i do have a problem with is that we didn't do anything to improve. **** we couldn't even get Chuck Hayes from them? Maybe they're looking at Troy Murphy i dunno.
b-ball forever
General Manager
And1: 498

Post#533 » by b-ball forever » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:26 pm

For the other trades :

-Bobcats got ROBBED, we coulda put a much better offer on the table then that for Crash.

-Why the hell does Memphis trade Thabeet and a pick for Battier? Hasheem sucks for now but they're not going anywhere this season and don't need Battier.

-Boston planning on playing KG @ center now? Shouldn't have given up Perkins.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#534 » by Kerrsed » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:27 pm

I shopped Brooks into a Suns jersey:

Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
NiGhtWiSh
Senior
And1: 7

Post#535 » by NiGhtWiSh » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:28 pm

Kerrsed wrote:I shopped Brooks into a Suns jersey:

Suuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnntastic :)
Offense wins games, Defense wins championships...
Traxxe
Banned User

Post#536 » by Traxxe » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:31 pm

Just got back from a meeting. This decision was not in the works when I left at 12 CST. The first is lottery protected. Will swap to the Orlando pick if we miss the playoffs. Brooks wanted out and Houston contacted us. Dragic didn't step on glass and that's all I'll say about that.

This was a smart move. We intend to trade Nash before/during the draft and will deal lopez possibly as well. We also will bundle whatever first we have. We want to get into the low lotter and want about 10-12 to grab Jimmy.

Nash wants one last run with the Suns. He asked to be traded. His statement is BS. His agent made known his wishes and when Nash said he didn't talk to his agent, that was BS. It's something agents do. They take the heat for things like this and when the player says 'I didn't say that' it's the agents job to save them face and swallow it.

Nash will take us into the playoffs. We have two point guards we want in this draft. Aaron will hold the fort until they are ready to take over. We want a top ten pick for nash, our pick, and maybe Lopez. Then we will get a big with that.

Inventor of Fansterbate:

"What if Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, and Chris Bosh could all sign with the Knicks. I just fansterbated all over my keyboard."
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,272

Post#537 » by RaisingArizona » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:33 pm

Traxxe wrote:Just got back from a meeting. This decision was not in the works when I left at 12 CST. The first is lottery protected. Will swap to the Orlando pick if we miss the playoffs. Brooks wanted out and Houston contacted us. Dragic didn't step on glass and that's all I'll say about that.

This was a smart move. We intend to trade Nash before/during the draft and will deal lopez possibly as well. We also will bundle whatever first we have. We want to get into the low lotter and want about 10-12 to grab Jimmy.

Nash wants one last run with the Suns. He asked to be traded. His statement is BS. His agent made known his wishes and when Nash said he didn't talk to his agent, that was BS. It's something agents do. They take the heat for things like this and when the player says 'I didn't say that' it's the agents job to save them face and swallow it.

Nash will take us into the playoffs. We have two point guards we want in this draft. Aaron will hold the fort until they are ready to take over. We want a top ten pick for nash, our pick, and maybe Lopez. Then we will get a big with that.

So we plan on keeping Brooks. Funny that Dragic didn't step on glass. Wonder what's up with that. Maybe he had the Matt Leinart syndrome.
Traxxe
Banned User

Post#538 » by Traxxe » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:34 pm

Eh. Well, let me back that up. Glass was in his foot. But it wasn't just an accident. He was being an utter idiot.

Inventor of Fansterbate:

"What if Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, and Chris Bosh could all sign with the Knicks. I just fansterbated all over my keyboard."
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#539 » by Kerrsed » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:35 pm

Traxxe wrote:Just got back from a meeting. This decision was not in the works when I left at 12 CST. The first is lottery protected. Will swap to the Orlando pick if we miss the playoffs. Brooks wanted out and Houston contacted us. Dragic didn't step on glass and that's all I'll say about that.

Great info as always!
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,272

Post#540 » by RaisingArizona » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:35 pm

Traxxe wrote:Eh. Well, let me back that up. Glass was in his foot. But it wasn't just an accident. He was being an utter idiot.

Confirm or deny.
RocPHX
Senior

Post#542 » by RocPHX » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:37 pm

Brooks is a definite, definite, upgrade over dragic who has been beyond terrible this season. My only problem is that we still haven't addressed our biggest need, the 4 spot.
Steve Nash is the point guard jason kidd wishes he was.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#543 » by rsavaj » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:38 pm

Traxxe wrote:Eh. Well, let me back that up. Glass was in his foot. But it wasn't just an accident. He was being an utter idiot.

whaaaaaatf?
gleonard1
Sophomore

Post#544 » by gleonard1 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:39 pm

My mind is officially blown.
Jimmy76
RealGM
And1: 8

Post#545 » by Jimmy76 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:42 pm

given dragics struggles im ok with this especially since we lotto protected, lets hope brooks can bounce back with us and get the bench back in shape

Dragic: 4 to's per 36, 1.5 ast/to ratio (horrible)
Brooks 2.4

those turnovers were killing me

Return to Phoenix Suns