ImageImageImage

Amare Stoudemire Discussion Thread

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

BurningHeart
General Manager
And1: 1,436

Re: Amare Stoudemire Discussion Thread 

Post#1081 » by BurningHeart » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:47 am

DirtyDez wrote:Hill would gladly go to a contender.

He's said multiple times that if he's not with Phoenix, he's retiring.
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,311

Post#1082 » by DirtyDez » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:54 am

Da_Reel_Kboy wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:I'd rather take Vince's expiring then LMA's long-ass deal. He's a good player just too expensive. I'd prob do Gortat/Bass/Pietrus/Vince for Amare/J-Rich/Hill over any Portland or San Antonio deal.

Yikes. If that deal goes through I will try to see how far I can stick a computer monitor down my throat. Sorry, but that trade just plain sucks for us.

Like i said i'd rather do it than the Portland deal. I'd rather Amare walk before both. D-Lee is my fav for and S&T and i'm glad the Woj said Sarver is interested in him.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 7,683

Post#1083 » by Calvin Klein » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:56 am

Nash and Hill are going nowhere.

That trade would be disaster. Thank God it's never gonna happen.
DRK
RealGM
And1: 3,590

Post#1084 » by DRK » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:58 am

DirtyDez wrote:Like i said i'd rather do it than the Portland deal. I'd rather Amare walk before both. D-Lee is my fav for and S&T and i'm glad the Woj said Sarver is interested in him.

Portland are offering LMA? I think I would rather LMA instead a Gortat, Bass and Carter. Gortat's contract is just ridiculous. LMA is still young and puts about 18 and 8 a night. But yes, I agree with you on the fact that Lee> LMA. But LMA+fillers> Gortat, Bass, Carter. (IMO)
ruiner
Sixth Man
And1: 149

Post#1085 » by ruiner » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:03 am

Nah, they're not offering him. Just people saying what they'd want since their team was brought up in S/T options with few others. 99% of stuff being discussed never happens anyway. We'll probably be lucky we get Lee.

I'm expecting Sarver to do nothing really.
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,311

Post#1086 » by DirtyDez » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:23 am

LMA would have to be involved in any deal with Portland imo. I can't see an Amare/LMA front-court in Portland they're bad defensively. I think Amare/Oden would be great for them but luckily we have the leverage. After watching Rudy play against us in the 1st round i jumped off his bandwagon.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
DRK
RealGM
And1: 3,590

Post#1087 » by DRK » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:25 am

I actually wont be surpised to see Amare in a Suns uniform next year, after being offered a max contract this offseason. Sarver wants to get rid of his tag as a "cheap owner," and the best way to do it is to offer Amare the max, whether it benefits the team or not.
MrMiyagi wrote:Lob to DA for the win
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 13,933

Post#1088 » by grumpysaddle » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:33 am

lespaul89 wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:1. S&T Amare to NY for D-Lee (5 years, 65 mil)
2. Let him walk, sign Scola (5 years, 50 mil)
3. S&T to MIA for Beasley

Might be overpaying a tad bit for Lee/Scola but we save at least 30+ by not giving Amare max. Lee or Scola have no history with injuries. If Lawal developes into the player i think he can be, then we can trade Lee/Scola.

If Scola ends up in a Suns uniform I won't watch them anymore. A) I hate that guy for some reason, B) I couldn't stand looking at his melty-face all season long. NO THANKS.

So you call me dumb because I used dunking to evaluate Lee, but you use facial appearance to evaluate Scola.

Good one.

I don't see Lee being able to do well in a playoff series against the Lakers length.

When did I call you dumb, Mr. Get-all-defensive-for-no-reason? Lee is better than Scola, regardless.
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 13,933

Post#1089 » by grumpysaddle » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:36 am

Azsports77 wrote:Sarver has to know that if he lets Amare walk he will loose a significant portion of ticket sales this is why Sarver is willing to max out Amare just not in years due to health . But if we look at everything that's happened most teams are trying to get Bosh , Boozer , and Lebron before even thinking about Amare. I don't believe that Amare is all about the money as some might think for two reasons he has a boat load as it is and second he grew up in a family that every member is now a convict with the exception of him and his late father . So if you manage not to end up like them you are not all about something as petty as money . Everyone has pretty much booked it as Amare is gone but if Miami , Chicago , New York , New Jersey , and even Houston don't show interest in Amare right off the bat I just can't see him going to a place that doesn't make him their first target with the exception of Lebron obviously. There is one reason why Amare resigning with the Suns wouldn't shock me Sarver doesn't want to find out what happens when he becomes the most hated man in Phoenix and second he has gotten use to the ticket sales there will be a big loss in that area is he really able to accept that being the so called cheap owner which i don't believe considering he has been paying luxury tax! So here is a great question if Sarver caves and gives Amare the years but the amount he is signed to is less than what you thought Amare would be looking for how will you view Sarver ? Is he in a no win situation ? Because Steve Nash and the other players are great but they won't bring you ticket sales and thats something I don't think Sarver can live without!

Wall of text... again. Just thought I should keep pointing this out, so that maybe some day you'll notice and people might actually read your posts. Figure out using periods and commas correctly, then move on to separating thoughts into paragraphs.
pidi
Veteran
And1: 143

Post#1090 » by pidi » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:58 am

man, ama´re will leave - we need to realize that sarver is going to make a tuff decision, and if he let him walk it will be the right decision. maybe we can sign a decent pf for next year.

maybe this pf will show the same numbers as ama´re did.

Props to the great one
And1: 7,771

Post#1091 » by thamadkant » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:30 am

If Blazers are in the mix...

I'd tell them to keep Aldridge.

Send over Oden.

They can make Aldridge their "Odom" off the bench who plays close to 30 minutes anyways.
A rotation of Pryzibilla/Camby/Stoudemire/Aldridge on the 4/5 spot is a huge plus for them.

If Oden shows slow recovery from his injury, they might bite. But Im dreamin lol.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#1092 » by RunDogGun » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:41 am

thamadkant wrote:If Blazers are in the mix...

I'd tell them to keep Aldridge.

Send over Oden.

They can make Aldridge their "Odom" off the bench who plays close to 30 minutes anyways.
A rotation of Pryzibilla/Camby/Stoudemire/Aldridge on the 4/5 spot is a huge plus for them.

If Oden shows slow recovery from his injury, they might bite. But Im dreamin lol.

Oden? In the three years he has been in the league, he has only played 82 games. And that is not just in a season, that is within the whole three years. I would rather take a gamble on Amare not getting injured. The only positive I can see is Oden would be on the end of his rookie contract.
pidi
Veteran
And1: 143

Post#1093 » by pidi » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:45 am

if the blazers are realy in the mix i want aldridge, fernandez and theyre future first. but i doubt they do it, so we´ll let him walk.

Props to the great one
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Post#1094 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:17 am

I think they would consider an LMA swap. Amare is a vastly superior offensive player and neither player's defense are much to write home about. Everyone knows when Amare plays next to a good defensive/rebounding big man, he plays his best so having him next to Oden would make a scary front court. I also think they'd be OK with dealing Rudy since it doesn't seem like he really wants to be in the NBA anyway.
dantian
Starter
And1: 27

Post#1095 » by dantian » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:03 pm

pidi wrote:if the blazers are realy in the mix i want aldridge, fernandez and theyre future first. but i doubt they do it, so we´ll let him walk.

I'd do it from Blazers perspective. Suns might be a better situation for Aldridge with Nash. Blazers with Camby and Oden would hide any def. problem Amare has.
nashill
Sixth Man
And1: 20

Post#1096 » by nashill » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:14 pm

whay make the blazers a better team? stupid
Spurs.Grizzlies.Hawks.Bulls.Wizards.
nevetsov
Head Coach
And1: 1,709

Post#1097 » by nevetsov » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:43 pm

If Amare won't resign and is open to a sign & trade, I would consider a Stat+LB for a resigned Lee+Bill Walker:

Nash/Dragic/Dowdell?
Dudley/Rich/Walker
Hill/Clark
Lee/Lou/Lawal
Lopez/FA/Jones

Plus it shaves $10m off the team's payroll. We'd be able to chase a decent backup big (Frye? Miller? Harrington?) on a short term deal.

Knicks get a classic D'Antoni lineup:

Parker (from Spurs)
McGrady
Gallinari
Chandler
Amare

With a bench rotation of Douglas, Barbosa and a backup C. Mike finally has a lineup he can work with and it would be freaking entertaining to watch. Could easily see it winning 50 games in the east.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,822

Post#1098 » by Saberestar » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:55 pm

What do you think about this last offer? How many years/millions will be?
I'll go with 95 over 5 years, with money decreasing in the last two years.
It`s possible Wojnarowski knows this contract offer and writes today/tomorrow about it.
MarJJMar
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#1099 » by MarJJMar » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:06 pm

Lee can't be signed and traded just stop these stupid ideas.

Nowitzki or Nobody. Nothing else makes any sense especially not investing long term in David Lee or Carlos Boozer just to have a worse version of last years Suns that is only going to get worse.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,182

Post#1100 » by Frank Lee » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:32 pm

This is my theory....

Starver will offer a fat deal, front loaded, short term. Stat will decline, but it sets a value for a S+T. Stat will seek and receive a near max offer, hopefully 2, and Starver will arrange a sign and trade... even if it is just for a marginal player like Yi. The TPE is the value here.

Losing Stat is a thumping blow only softened by the ability to add a player down the road w/o CBA Salcap restrictions. As long as we can remain under the tax, and quality addition can be made, AND we can sign keep Frye or Lou, or both. We will continue with this 2 squad total team system, and if successful, add an impact player mid season.

I can't see us improving in too many other ways. Keep Stat, we really can't add to this mix, and status quo will certainly not get us any further....Stat walks, we have chump change to toss around to fill 3 or 4 roster spots, we remain competitive and fight for a playoff birth.... S+T stat, we have chump change scenario above, and the leverage to sign someone to give a team a tremendous saving.... Shoe, meet other foot.

We then can set up for a rebuild w/ or w/o Nash.

At this point, I will almost be disappointed if Amare takes Sarver's offer. Shouldn't be, but....

PS.... I like that line of thinking nevetso... Get some flexibility, and have confidence in the players we had and developed. Even if we dont get Lee, keep our basic 8-9 man team together. Seldom do you see such cohesiveness from an entire team.

Return to Phoenix Suns