Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

dantian
Starter
And1: 27

Re: Amare Stoudemire Discussion Thread 

Post#1061 » by dantian » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:59 am

DirtyDez wrote:
dantian wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:Lee has a higher bb IQ than Amare and he's also a much better passer. You combine those 2 categories with his beastLeeness on the boards and i don't see him as a clear down-grade at PF. But... He aint coming here for 10 mil per. 5/65+ is more like it, which i'm fine with.

One word: Marion! :roll:

The on-the-court or contract part? Shawn is not a natural PF like Lee.

Apparently their level of impact on the court and their contract demands. :D
Azsports77
Pro Prospect
And1: 226

Post#1062 » by Azsports77 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:32 am

Sarver has to know that if he lets Amare walk he will loose a significant portion of ticket sales this is why Sarver is willing to max out Amare just not in years due to health . But if we look at everything that's happened most teams are trying to get Bosh , Boozer , and Lebron before even thinking about Amare. I don't believe that Amare is all about the money as some might think for two reasons he has a boat load as it is and second he grew up in a family that every member is now a convict with the exception of him and his late father . So if you manage not to end up like them you are not all about something as petty as money . Everyone has pretty much booked it as Amare is gone but if Miami , Chicago , New York , New Jersey , and even Houston don't show interest in Amare right off the bat I just can't see him going to a place that doesn't make him their first target with the exception of Lebron obviously. There is one reason why Amare resigning with the Suns wouldn't shock me Sarver doesn't want to find out what happens when he becomes the most hated man in Phoenix and second he has gotten use to the ticket sales there will be a big loss in that area is he really able to accept that being the so called cheap owner which i don't believe considering he has been paying luxury tax! So here is a great question if Sarver caves and gives Amare the years but the amount he is signed to is less than what you thought Amare would be looking for how will you view Sarver ? Is he in a no win situation ? Because Steve Nash and the other players are great but they won't bring you ticket sales and thats something I don't think Sarver can live without!
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#1063 » by revprodeji » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:35 am

There is a rumor about S/T with Al Jefferson for STAT. Does that appeal to anyone?
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
Blackification
Head Coach
And1: 2,229

Post#1064 » by Blackification » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:47 am

revprodeji wrote:There is a rumor about S/T with Al Jefferson for STAT. Does that appeal to anyone?

al jefferson is better than nothing but why would amare go to minny? hard for me to believe that one.
DBrimstone
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#1065 » by DBrimstone » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:50 am

revprodeji wrote:There is a rumor about S/T with Al Jefferson for STAT. Does that appeal to anyone?

link? Haven't heard that but maybe just maybe
-SDU-
RealGM
And1: 30
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#1066 » by -SDU- » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:02 am

i hate al jefferson - too slow, to crap for this system
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 7,562

Post#1067 » by Calvin Klein » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:24 am

no jefferson please. Big contract, injury prone...not good for the system.
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,310

Post#1068 » by DirtyDez » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:28 am

Amare is not going to Minny. It has to be a 3-way and yes i love Big Al. Gimme 20/10 every night and you have a spot on my team. Eff the system.
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Post#1069 » by JohnVancouver » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:37 am

Pietrus is the only one I would really care about - though Miklo wouldn't mind getting JJ in any ORL deal

Baqss is redundant with the guys we have, and Gortat isn't really the centre we want behind RoLo, and he costs too much

I'd rather cap space at 11 mil than take contracts we don't need
Gorilla Warfare
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,323

Post#1070 » by Gorilla Warfare » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:53 am

Magic, Blazers, Mavs, and Spurs could be players for Amare sign and trade? Yikes. The only players I would take from each teams would be the following:

Magic: Howard, Pietrus, Gortat, Carter
Blazers: Roy, Rudy, Bayless
Mavs: Dirk
Spurs: Frenchy, Jefferson

Roy, Carter and Howard would NEVER happen, I know this. Don't like any of those contracts here, but those would be the only players I wouldn't hate if we made any S&T with those teams. And I would only want Frenchy because it would bring Eva Longoria closer to me.
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout

Post#1071 » by DirtyDez » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:05 am

LB for Pietrus would be a dream. Dude can D up and shoot.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
BVPN
Sixth Man
And1: 292

Post#1072 » by BVPN » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:19 am

Get Nashty wrote:Magic, Blazers, Mavs, and Spurs could be players for Amare sign and trade? Yikes. The only players I would take from each teams would be the following:

Magic: Howard, Pietrus, Gortat, Carter
Blazers: Roy, Rudy, Bayless
Mavs: Dirk
Spurs: Frenchy, Jefferson

Roy, Carter and Howard would NEVER happen, I know this. Don't like any of those contracts here, but those would be the only players I wouldn't hate if we made any S&T with those teams. And I would only want Frenchy because it would bring Eva Longoria closer to me.

Carter would easily happen; the Magic are trying to get rid of him. Why would we want him though?
DFC Pride

Blackification
Head Coach
And1: 2,229

Post#1073 » by Blackification » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:30 am

From Dudley's twitter...

RT @bossrevase: How many of the tops free agents will leave with a sign and trade?( none, maybe Toronto.. All the others are content)

seeing as how dudley and amare are good friends and they have been hanging out throughout the summer what does this say about the suns and amare?
ruiner
Sixth Man
And1: 149

Post#1074 » by ruiner » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:37 am

Even though, it's unlikely, I'd take Batum or LMA from Portland. I'd prefer either over Rudy or Bayless and I like both of them too.

As for the Spurs, only player I'd want is overseas and that's Tiago Splitter.
Azsports77
Pro Prospect
And1: 226

Post#1075 » by Azsports77 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:43 am

Blackification that their is a lot of bs flying out their right now and that the picture will be clearer after Lebron makes his decision which he probably already knows who he is signing with. Here is another thing why meet with your free agent one last time if your going to offer the same deal as the last time you met there would be no point it would be a complete waste of time . Sarver is definitely up to something and I hope to god it doesn't end up being a disaster and make the Suns worse! One thing is for sure Realgm is posting a lot of false rumors1
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout

Post#1076 » by DirtyDez » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:58 am

I'd rather take Vince's expiring then LMA's long-ass deal. He's a good player just too expensive. I'd prob do Gortat/Bass/Pietrus/Vince for Amare/J-Rich/Hill over any Portland or San Antonio deal.
ruiner
Sixth Man

Post#1077 » by ruiner » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:19 am

Ew. And you know Hill's going nowhere, why include him.

LMA's deal actually is similar to what we'd give Lee but it starts at 10/11/13 first 3 yrs before jumping to 14 and 15.
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout

Post#1078 » by DirtyDez » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:21 am

Hill would gladly go to a contender.
ruiner
Sixth Man

Post#1079 » by ruiner » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:24 am

Had that chance last yr when Boston wanted him. He wouldn't uproot his family or children like that. They're settled in now. He wants to stay here too.
DRK
RealGM
And1: 3,590

Post#1080 » by DRK » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:46 am

DirtyDez wrote:I'd rather take Vince's expiring then LMA's long-ass deal. He's a good player just too expensive. I'd prob do Gortat/Bass/Pietrus/Vince for Amare/J-Rich/Hill over any Portland or San Antonio deal.

Yikes. If that deal goes through I will try to see how far I can stick a computer monitor down my throat. Sorry, but that trade just plain sucks for us.
MrMiyagi wrote:Lob to DA for the win

Return to Phoenix Suns