Official Trade Thread: Part 4

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Official Trade Thread: Part 4 

Post#1 » by Kerrsed » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:28 am

Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,163

Re: Official Trade Thread: Part 4 

Post#2 » by Frank Lee » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:07 pm

another hundred pages of droolishdrivel... anyone care to summarize ? 8-)

So... I saw a comment about dealing with the fLAKERS....

Under no circumstances should we do anything that may improve their team. We did enough during the off season, or so it appeared, and they really cant help us out of this funk.
Keep in mind, they are our second lotto pick in play.

Personally, I want nothing to do with any of their players, even that Nash guy, and if anything, their demise makes ours easier to deal with.

NOW ON WITH THE GAMES

(come on Kerrsed, crack another Homer. :eyebrows: )
What ? Me Worry ?
YFZblu
Assistant Coach
And1: 412

Post#3 » by YFZblu » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:46 pm

Frank Lee wrote:another hundred pages of droolishdrivel... anyone care to summarize ? 8-)

Under no circumstances should we do anything that may improve their team. We did enough during the off season, or so it appeared, and they really cant help us out of this funk.

Personally, I want nothing to do with any of their players, even that Nash guy, and if anything, their demise makes ours easier to deal with.

NOW ON WITH THE GAMES

Completely agree - LA seemingly always has the best assets, and other teams jump at the chance to deal with them. I think Phoenix should stay far away.
DRK
RealGM
And1: 3,590

Post#4 » by DRK » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:23 pm

I wonder if we should do a deal with San Antonio. (Yes I know)

I wonder if they'll have any interest in Gortat?
MrMiyagi wrote:Lob to DA for the win
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#5 » by Kerrsed » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:03 pm

DRK wrote:I wonder if we should do a deal with San Antonio. (Yes I know)

:lol:

And what do they have of value to offer us? Nothing.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,811

Post#6 » by Saberestar » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:14 pm

Kerrsed wrote:
DRK wrote:I wonder if we should do a deal with San Antonio. (Yes I know)

:lol:

And what do they have of value to offer us? Nothing.

Exactly, because Leonard is untouchable.No way they trade Parker/Gino/Duncan.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#7 » by rsavaj » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:16 pm

Frank Lee wrote:another hundred pages of droolishdrivel... anyone care to summarize ? 8-)

NOW ON WITH THE GAMES

The best part about trading Beasley to them is that it actually makes their team worse :D
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,811

Post#8 » by Saberestar » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:28 pm

Proposal trade with Milwaukee:

Gortat, Markieff, Shannon and Beasley

for

Monta, Sanders, Ilyasova and Tobias Harris

Monta probably will be out of Milwaukee in 5 months, and he is not playing great with Jennings. Here he can defend point guards and Dragic SG.We finally can have fastbreaks.

Sanders is an amazing shotblocker and a good finisher around the rim, I love his intensity.

Ilyasova is on a bad contract, but he is a good overall player. He is in the trade because we want Sanders( he has great value around the league)and they have to take Beasley out of our hands too.

Tobias Harris has decent upside, can be a good role player at least.

I think is a good trade for both sides.
They need a good center and Markieff is on a better contract than Ilyasova. Monta is not performing well and he is an expiring, so I think he is on the block for sure.
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#9 » by thamadkant » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:25 pm

Absolutely no deal to Lakers...
Even Beasley... You just can't take a risk with Nash there somehow making him useful.

Lakers are struggling and it's actually making this season bearable to follow even if suns are struggling too... Better because their demise is a boost for Suns lotto choices... Crazy awesome if it does work this way.

Would love to see Kobe's face when D'antoni tells him to succumb the ball handling and ball dominance to Nash... Kobe then becomes a corner shooter and would love to see him try to steal a pass away from Nash and go commando in frustration... Causing Howard, Gasol etc to call him out and just have a huge drama... Ohh please let this happen hahah
NaturalBuns
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,463

Post#10 » by NaturalBuns » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:47 am

Don't trade morris if we are trying to rebuild dont give up young assets. Gortat, Scola, M Beas, Brown, Dudley can go.
oldscho0led wrote:Baseball is all about momentum. Pirates will carry their winning ways and beat Giants in the Wildcard.

A's over Royals. Lester and experience will prove that he's worth the trade.

Tigers winning it all. Tigers are, imo, peaking at the right time.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,356

Post#11 » by sunskerr » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:49 am

Beasley could be an amazing trojan horse for us if we send him to the Lakers though.
Frank Lee
RealGM

Post#12 » by Frank Lee » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:00 am

NaturalBuns wrote:Don't trade morris if we are trying to rebuild dont give up young assets. Gortat, Scola, M Beas, Brown, Dudley can go.

Age does not equate a free pass. Cant include him in my core. Have seen nothing special but a few good games when he's jackin his J ok.

Pass.... no tears with his departure. He's another 'Blanks' boy IMO.
What ? Me Worry ?
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,482

Post#13 » by ATTL » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:42 am

Frank Lee wrote:
NaturalBuns wrote:Don't trade morris if we are trying to rebuild dont give up young assets. Gortat, Scola, M Beas, Brown, Dudley can go.

Age does not equate a free pass. Cant include him in my core. Have seen nothing special but a few good games when he's jackin his J ok.

Pass.... no tears with his departure. He's another 'Blanks' boy IMO.

Completely agreed. I remember reading and hearing how amazingly hard he was working all summer only to watch him shoot less than %40 in summer league and such a disappointing start to the season as well.
NaturalBuns
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,463

Post#14 » by NaturalBuns » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:30 am

Morris isn't a star but hes not a guy you give away, outside dragic id say he has the most upside on team.

I don't feel Morris is terrible or trash any of that. Hes ok and whether he stays average or takes a leap it is to early to tell hes in his 2nd year. If he was to go in a package and if we are looking to *rebuild* with more picks more then likely we won't end up with a top 10 off that trade and Morris hasn't been disappointing to me enough to let him go for some 20+ pick or even alittle below. Unless we got a secure stud in a package no need at all to let morris go.

We got some real bums on this team.

S brown will be cut (2nd year team option)?

Gortat is more then likely gone by deadline. (hes not bad but we can get some rebuild status with him)

M Beas he keeps tanking to the point i don't even know if any team would take him

Dudley he is garbage in halfcourt he seems to make threes when we are on the run but when hes set in the halfcourt he misses. He can't put ball on floor and take a mid range either unless hes coming off screen hes a poor man frye for a sg sure he gets the hustle balls from time to time but that isn't enough at all. Its not just a slump either i saw all this from JD all last year when u have brown taking ur spot from time to time you know its bad.

we could probably trade 2/4 of those guys. Dudley, Gortat. If we found a team that would take 3/4 in a package would be great
oldscho0led wrote:Baseball is all about momentum. Pirates will carry their winning ways and beat Giants in the Wildcard.

A's over Royals. Lester and experience will prove that he's worth the trade.

Tigers winning it all. Tigers are, imo, peaking at the right time.
Sunsfan03
Sophomore
And1: 28

Post#15 » by Sunsfan03 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:39 pm

If i were GM of any team in the league, I would NOT take Beasley. Which leaves us with 2 options
1) Play him and bet on the slimmer of hope he gets better/ or else we get a high draft pick
2) Trading him off with assets ( Gortat, Dudley, 1st round pick Minny/LA) for expiring/ young talent/picks.

I say we go option 1, keep beasley and get rid of Gortat, Dudley, and get some draft picks for this team. And getting rid of him gets us negative value in a trade and we got capspace to handle beasley anyways.
Its time to rebuild this season,when all these contracts get off the books 2 years from now, we will have the space to sign a legit player, with tons of young talent on this team. At that point, Beasley will be an expiring so we can get rid of him pretty easy.

So I think we should do Gortat/2nd for Bradley/Sullinger/1st
and Dudley/(1st Minny) for Brooks/2nd

I think both these trades are reasonable, so the plan is
1) Lose game this season and next
2) Find a good bunch of rotation players (maybe Beasley becomes a star who knows ??)
3) Sign Key Free Agent
4) Championship
carey
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,934

Post#16 » by carey » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:35 pm

Follow your two trades with Shannon Brown for Jordan Hill to free up minutes for Bradley and MarShon Brooks.

Dragic-Bassy
Brooks-Bradley (or vice versa)
Tucker-Johnson
Scola-MM-Sully
JO-Hill

Draft the best C and SF prospect in the draft and roll. Future starting 5 Dragic-Brooks-SF draft pick-Sully-C draft pick.
Ryu
Bench Warmer
And1: 552

Post#17 » by Ryu » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:56 pm

^^ Dragic/Brooks/Bradley would be exciting combo at pg/sg position.
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,911

Post#18 » by Fo-Real » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:06 pm

I just cant sell myself on Bradly, undersized guard, coming off double shoulder operations!! Also people keep saying he would be perfect playing next to Dragic... HOW?? Bradly is more of an energy guy, slasher, defensive 2 guard, and last I checked we need a step up 2 guard to take last shots, and be a go to guy, Bradly is none of that.

If we cant get OKC to take Gortat, maybe we can see what they want for Lamb. They might be interested in O'neal as a backup big seeing as how he is playing well when he gets time. Maybe O'neal plus something small for like Lamb and Thabeet? Or bigger O'neal + one of the laker picks plus Wes or Telfair for Lamb Thabeet and PJIII
Sun Scorched
Lead Assistant
And1: 280

Post#19 » by Sun Scorched » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:53 pm

I think our target needs to be Tyreke Evans. Ship Gortat/Brown out in a package for picks/cap this season, draft BPA, sign Evans.

I wouldn't mind shipping Marshall along with Gortat/Brown and letting Evans absorb all back-up PG minutes. It looks like there will be some good SG talent at our draft position - draft a rookie SG and let him get some burn.

PG - Dragic (36) / Evans (12)
SG - Evans (24) / Rookie SG (24)
SF - Dudley / Tucker
PF - Scola / Morris
C - O'Neal / Frye

Draft some project Cs with our late picks or consolidate and grab a lotto C.
On Steve Nash:
G35 wrote:He may run a great offense but I wouldn't choose him over Amare to start a team.
Frank Lee
RealGM

Post#20 » by Frank Lee » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:55 pm

Sunsfan03 wrote:So I think we should do Gortat/2nd for Bradley/Sullinger/1st
and Dudley/(1st Minny) for Brooks/2nd

:roll:

You do understand those silly little details in the CBA ... or does Kerrsed need to give you a crash course on the TradeMachine?

Salary dude ... salary. You havent been following the discussions here have you ? tsk tsk tsk.

And no way we pawn off theDUD and a possible teen 1st rounder for Brooks ...

come on ... what is this ? Amatuer Hour ?

and not to be outdone.... LA is going to give us Hill for Shannon the Cannon ? They do this because ?????
Havent they already stated they are pursuing a PG ?

Next time I'll charge you a nickle for my .02
What ? Me Worry ?

Return to Phoenix Suns