Re: Official Trade Thread: Part 4 

Post#741 » by WhamBamSlamm » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:41 pm

Hope Suns finally give marshall the PT he needs to florusih
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#742 » by mlloyd10 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:10 pm

According to the Bucks insider, PHX is going to make a big push for Ellis. It will either be at the deadline or off-season.
EB2
Rookie
And1: 52

Post#743 » by EB2 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:16 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:According to the Bucks insider, PHX is going to make a big push for Ellis. It will either be at the deadline or off-season.

If this happens...

and it's more of the reason Babby and Blanks need to be fired.
carey
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,934

Post#744 » by carey » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:19 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:According to the Bucks insider, PHX is going to make a big push for Ellis. It will either be at the deadline or off-season.

He's one of three ETO guys I would go after, but still the thought of Ellis on this particular squad does not excite me. He's a first rate chucker that can get hot and win you games, whose size probably isn't a detriment playing next to a guy like Goran, but still it probably doesn't get us anywhere in the long run.
GrantHill
Veteran
And1: 74

Post#745 » by GrantHill » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:19 pm

Who is that Bucks insider?
Hill on Nash going to the Lakers: “That’s like transferring from Duke and going to Carolina.”
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#746 » by Kerrsed » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:22 pm

Per Chad Ford:

Gortat may be the exception. Teams are always looking for tough, productive big men. If the Suns decide to blow things up and try to collect young assets, I think they can get a draft pick and a young prospect in return for Gortat. Boston, Milwaukee and Atlanta are all on speed dial.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#747 » by Kerrsed » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:26 pm

GrantHill wrote:Who is that Bucks insider?

http://www.brewhoop.com/2013/1/18/38916 ... cin-gortat

Brewhoop mentioned sending Jennings with one of Ilyasova, Gooden, Dalembert, or Udrih to Phoenix for Gortat and Dragic.

Gortat is a big body that would provide a post-oriented meat-and-potatoes option to pair with the Bucks' current collection of string bean forwards. Jennings is a 23-year-old lead guard who would fit into the Suns' rebuilding project. The only problem is that Phoenix already has a point guard in Goran Dragic. The idea is that the Bucks could send Jennings out with some other high-salary option (Ersan Ilyasova, Drew Gooden, Samuel Dalembert, Beno Udrih) in exchange for Gortat and Dragic -- who is in the first year of a four-year, $30 million deal he signed with the Suns during the off-season. Feel free to play around with the trade machine and see if you find any combinations that excite you.

Everyone knows that i LOVE Jennings. I would take Jennings/Dalembert/1st for Dragic/Gortat. I would also love for us to get our hands on Sanders (been saying this for 2 freakin' years now!), but with his great play this season, it will be damn near impossible.

Jennings is a leader and can change the game all by himself if need be. Thats something that we severely lack. Dalembert would be a great mentor for Nerlins Noel to learn from as i feel that they carry a very similar skill-set.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,815

Post#748 » by Saberestar » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:27 pm

Kerrsed wrote:Per Chad Ford:

Gortat may be the exception. Teams are always looking for tough, productive big men. If the Suns decide to blow things up and try to collect young assets, I think they can get a draft pick and a young prospect in return for Gortat. Boston, Milwaukee and Atlanta are all on speed dial.

OMG...I can see that....NOOO!

Gortat for Monta and a late first round pick in 2028 or something similar :(
EB2
Rookie
And1: 52

Post#749 » by EB2 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:30 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Kerrsed wrote:Per Chad Ford:

OMG...I can see that....NOOO!

Gortat for Monta and a late first round pick in 2028 or something similar :(

That wouldn't surprise me in the slightest with our clown FO.
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#750 » by thamadkant » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:56 pm

Celtics
- Sullinger + 2013 pick no protection.

I think Sullinger can become a 15/10 C/PF player.

Hawks
- No assets to trade for

Bucks
- Don't want Ellis
- Don't mind Jennings but he is up for a contract, if Suns can get him for 7 million base, OK.. But 10 million and more... No thanks.
And if Dragic and Gortat is going, I want Sanders back too.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,180

Post#751 » by Frank Lee » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:03 am

Kerrsed wrote:
GrantHill wrote:Who is that Bucks insider?

http://www.brewhoop.com/2013/1/18/38916 ... cin-gortat

Brewhoop mentioned sending Jennings with one of Ilyasova, Gooden, Dalembert, or Udrih to Phoenix for Gortat and Dragic.

Gortat is a big body that would provide a post-oriented meat-and-potatoes option to pair with the Bucks' current collection of string bean forwards. Jennings is a 23-year-old lead guard who would fit into the Suns' rebuilding project. The only problem is that Phoenix already has a point guard in Goran Dragic. The idea is that the Bucks could send Jennings out with some other high-salary option (Ersan Ilyasova, Drew Gooden, Samuel Dalembert, Beno Udrih) in exchange for Gortat and Dragic -- who is in the first year of a four-year, $30 million deal he signed with the Suns during the off-season. Feel free to play around with the trade machine and see if you find any combinations that excite you.

Everyone knows that i LOVE Jennings. I would take Jennings/Dalembert/1st for Dragic/Gortat. I would also love for us to get our hands on Sanders (been saying this for 2 freakin' years now!), but with his great play this season, it will be damn near impossible.

Jennings is a leader and can change the game all by himself if need be. Thats something that we severely lack. Dalembert would be a great mentor for Nerlins Noel to learn from as i feel that they carry a very similar skill-set.

hmmmm... dont know your source Kerrsed, but nice of him to advise us to 'play on the trade machine' haha....

Both SamDali and Jennings are FAs next yr. Kind of a risky move. Would hope to have their first, with little protection. What about Udoh rather than Dali.... but then we'd likely have to take Gooden for the #s. I'd counter with Illysova instead. They'd may be bite, but getting Jennings, Udoh and a future pick would almost be worth taking Gooden.... or would it ? :dontknow:

makes you wonder. Gentry the first domino ? The Babbler isnt afraid to be a dabbler.
What ? Me Worry ?
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#752 » by Kerrsed » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:04 am

Dragic/Gortat for Rondo/Sullinger/Melo/1st.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#753 » by Kerrsed » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:08 am

Frank Lee wrote:hmmmm... dont know your source Kerrsed, but nice of him to advise us to 'play on the trade machine' haha.

Not really my source, but a source i saw that the Bucks Board was using.

Jennings will be looking for around $10M a season, which is about &2.5M more than what Dragic makes. I think Jennings is the better player and brings more to the table. Dalembert is going to be a FA as well, but i think he can be kept and for rather cheep. Like i said, i think he would serve as a excellent model for Noel to emulate. We would also need Dalembert to play out the starting C for us for at least the rest of the season.
Frank Lee
RealGM

Post#754 » by Frank Lee » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:10 am

Kerrsed wrote:Dragic/Gortat for Rondo/Sullinger/Melo/1st.

uhoh.... your wheels are turning.

Rondo would be pissy here... or rather ... pissier
What ? Me Worry ?
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#755 » by Kerrsed » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:19 am

Frank Lee wrote:
Kerrsed wrote:Dragic/Gortat for Rondo/Sullinger/Melo/1st.

uhoh.... your wheels are turning.

Rondo would be pissy here... or rather ... pissier

Not if he were playing next to young studs like Shabazz and Noel.

Nobody wants to play for the Clippers, everyone said. They will always be 2nd to the Lakers in thier own city/building. Their owner sucks, is stupid, and yells s**t at their own players during the games. Enter Griffin. Now everyone wants to play for the Clips.

Its amazing what a young stud (or 2) can do to change a franchise around.
Dragic13
Pro Prospect
And1: 77

Post#756 » by Dragic13 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:21 am

Gortat, Beasley, Johnson

for

Ellis, Harris, Dalembert

Dragic/Marshall
Ellis/Tucker
Dudley/Harris
Morris/Scola
Dalembert/O'Neal
Frank Lee
RealGM

Post#757 » by Frank Lee » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:36 am

Kerrsed wrote:
Frank Lee wrote:hmmmm... dont know your source Kerrsed, but nice of him to advise us to 'play on the trade machine' haha.

Not really my source, but a source i saw that the Bucks Board was using.

Jennings will be looking for around $10M a season, which is about &2.5M more than what Dragic makes. I think Jennings is the better player and brings more to the table. Dalembert is going to be a FA as well, but i think he can be kept and for rather cheep. Like i said, i think he would serve as a excellent model for Noel to emulate. We would also need Dalembert to play out the starting C for us for at least the rest of the season.

I recently read something about SamDali to Miami next yr, and he was kind of balking at the MLE. Cant remember where. I just would not count on him coming cheap or staying here.... Thats why I'd have to have Udoh, as he is long enough to run C for a spell... and young. Take Gooden and get their 2014 1st.... it would cut down on my kicking and screaming.

PS....
Not if he were playing next to young studs like Shabazz and Noel.

dont know how you get them both
What ? Me Worry ?
exSunsFan
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#758 » by exSunsFan » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:46 am

I say

Gortat and dragic

For

Jennings, sanders and 1st
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#759 » by Kerrsed » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:51 am

exSunsFan wrote:I say

Gortat and dragic

For

Jennings, sanders and 1st

Thats not going to happen.

Jennings >>>>>>> Dragic

Sanders >>>>>>> Gortat.

Them adding a pick is just adding an insult to injury.
exSunsFan
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#760 » by exSunsFan » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:53 am

True

But they may take dragic next to Monta and gortat down low

I do it ASAP

Return to Phoenix Suns