Total votes: 72

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,457

Re: Community Thread 

Post#1081 » by bwgood77 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:59 am

saintEscaton wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:By the way, if anyone cares, the word is that And1 notifications will be back by the end of the week.

This makes things so much more convenient. Now I don't have to scour threads for hours on end to find out who increased my tally by paying me a compliment

Hopefully up next...fixing the "Who's viewing the forum" part. I wish we still had that.
nevetsov
Head Coach
And1: 1,709

Post#1082 » by nevetsov » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:17 am

Got my tickets to the home opener vs DAL this morning, and to game 2 vs POR. Be great to see us get off to a 2-0 start.

Probably stay in PHX for v SAC and v DET as well, anyone wanna come sit behind the Pistons bench with me and heckle the crap out of Marycus Morris?
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#1083 » by TASTIC » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:02 pm

Went to Red Bull Air Race yesterday here in London, was EPIC.

I'm not a fan of this stuff usually but thought we'd go for the day and it was very cool.
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,101

Post#1084 » by RaisingArizona » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:59 am

nevetsov wrote:Got my tickets to the home opener vs DAL this morning, and to game 2 vs POR. Be great to see us get off to a 2-0 start.

Probably stay in PHX for v SAC and v DET as well, anyone wanna come sit behind the Pistons bench with me and heckle the crap out of Marycus Morris?

Image This may be your fate. Be careful :)
denial
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,014

Post#1085 » by denial » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:25 pm

I should get an award like "most discerning poster" or something like that because I've been a member since 2006 and I have less than 300 posts. I'm sure there are people with less but they are probably people with like 3 posts or something. I have the least posts amongst active members (or can you show otherwise?).

(My spell-check red-lined "amongst". Is "amongst" not a word? That would suck if I've been running around using a fake word.)
aIvin adams
Analyst
And1: 1,978

Post#1086 » by aIvin adams » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:56 pm

denial wrote:I should get an award like "most discerning poster" or something like that because I've been a member since 2006 and I have less than 300 posts. I'm sure there are people with less but they are probably people with like 3 posts or something. I have the least posts amongst active members (or can you show otherwise?).

(My spell-check red-lined "amongst". Is "amongst" not a word? That would suck if I've been running around using a fake word.)

it's a word. as far as i know it's the same word as 'among' in standard american english. it's an archaic-but-not-extinct form of that preposition.

it's possible that the Brits or some other English speakers distinguish between among/amongst but who gives a **** what the british think about anything.. least of all the english language
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1087 » by bwgood77 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:55 pm

aIvin adams wrote:
denial wrote:I should get an award like "most discerning poster" or something like that because I've been a member since 2006 and I have less than 300 posts. I'm sure there are people with less but they are probably people with like 3 posts or something. I have the least posts amongst active members (or can you show otherwise?).

it's a word. as far as i know it's the same word as 'among' in standard american english. it's an archaic-but-not-extinct form of that preposition.

it's possible that the Brits or some other English speakers distinguish between among/amongst but who gives a **** what the british think about anything.. least of all the english language

It's funny to read this right now because earlier today I was making a post on another forum here or maybe just another thread and typed amongst, and saw it underlined, and then realized if I said among, it meant the same thing. I wonder if I subliminally used amongst initially because amongst all the posts I had read prior to posting today, denial's post was one of them.
Maystack
Senior
And1: 184

Post#1088 » by Maystack » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:47 am

What's everyone's opinion on wearing other team's gear? I really like Milwaukee's new logo and am planning on getting one of their hats but I feel like I'd be betraying Phoenix if I do :lol:
oddity
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,086

Post#1089 » by oddity » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:05 pm

I feel like as much as I love the Suns, I'm a basketball fan first, so I have no problem wearing other teams gear. Actually, I live in NY right now, so I have a few Knicks hats and whatnot that I got at games.
Living off borrowed time the clock ticks faster...
nevetsov
Head Coach

Post#1090 » by nevetsov » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:23 pm

When it comes to basketball, I only own and wear Suns stuff.

I also own/ wear Brisbane Lions (Australian Football) and Brisbane Broncos (Australian Rugby League) stuff.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Post#1091 » by lilfishi22 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:40 pm

I don't have an issue with other team's gear as long as they aren't a Suns rival. So no LA jerseys and no Spurs jerseys.

I used to rock the old AI jersey and still rock the old John Wall and Chris Paul rookie jerseys.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#1092 » by sunskerr » Wed Sep 2, 2015 3:23 am

nevetsov wrote:When it comes to basketball, I only own and wear Suns stuff.

I also own/ wear Brisbane Lions (Australian Football) and Brisbane Broncos (Australian Rugby League) stuff.

I have some North Queensland Cowboys stuff. Chooks are gonna get cooked this year!!

For other gear I've of course a Nash jersey, as well as Lebron. I had a Kobe (I was a Lakers fan when I was kid) one but I lost it. It was a #8 too. Oh well.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#1093 » by TASTIC » Wed Sep 2, 2015 12:02 pm

I've got a retro purple KJ one, an old as the hills Barkley one, a throwback 32 Stoudemire orange one (with the old school font), a black Penny Hardaway Suns (fav player...just not as a Sun!) throwback, classic Larry Bird green one and then last year I won this fantasy hoops listener league, the prize was a 92' All Star game Jordan - which is awesome!
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1094 » by bwgood77 » Wed Sep 2, 2015 4:18 pm

I don't wear any of them, but I bought a bunch of jerseys when they were on clearance. Got a Ray Allen Sonics, some Yao Ming jerseys, LeBron from the first Cavs go around, Richard Jefferson with the Nets, and quite a few others.
DRK
RealGM
And1: 3,590

Post#1095 » by DRK » Thu Sep 3, 2015 5:08 am

All the jerseys I have are of players that no longer play for their respective clubs. It seems as if soon after I buy a jersey of a player, they get traded soon after.

I have an Amare #1 Jersey (Purple Away)
T-Mac jersey from Houston
Goran Dragic #1 Jersey with the new Unis.

Maybe I'll buy a Markieff Morris jersey next.
MrMiyagi wrote:Lob to DA for the win
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,176

Post#1096 » by Frank Lee » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:29 am

Hey Nevets.... I see you plan on a havasupai trip.... I've been a couple of times... give yourself enough time to enjoy it. Are you hiking in and out ?
What ? Me Worry ?
nevetsov
Head Coach

Post#1097 » by nevetsov » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:04 am

Frank Lee wrote:Hey Nevets.... I see you plan on a havasupai trip.... I've been a couple of times... give yourself enough time to enjoy it. Are you hiking in and out ?

Yeah at this stage planning on hiking, but we will be very pushed for time. Season opener in PHX wed night, drive out first thing Thursday (early, like 6-7am) and hike in thurs arvo. Overnight in the campground, then hike out Friday morning and be back in PHX Friday night for Suns vs DAL.

Will be a bit manic but it's the only time we could secure permits!
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#1098 » by jcsunsfan » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:09 am

Maystack wrote:What's everyone's opinion on wearing other team's gear? I really like Milwaukee's new logo and am planning on getting one of their hats but I feel like I'd be betraying Phoenix if I do :lol:

I have never worn anything but Suns gear, (no other nba team) ever, in 50 years. In fact it never even crossed my mind.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#1099 » by RunDogGun » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:20 am

jcsunsfan wrote:
Maystack wrote:What's everyone's opinion on wearing other team's gear? I really like Milwaukee's new logo and am planning on getting one of their hats but I feel like I'd be betraying Phoenix if I do :lol:

I have never worn anything but Suns gear, (no other nba team) ever, in 50 years. In fact it never even crossed my mind.

Well not to be a stickler on this, but aren't the Suns three years off from being 50? :o

I've worn a Celtics hoodie once, and have a Wolves hoodie, since I live here now. Now having those, in my mind doesn't hinder my love for the Suns. If you never chose that other team over the Suns, I don't see anything wrong with having a jersey because you like a logo.
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#1100 » by jcsunsfan » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:00 pm

RunDogGun wrote:
jcsunsfan wrote:

Well not to be a stickler on this, but aren't the Suns three years off from being 50? :o

I've worn a Celtics hoodie once, and have a Wolves hoodie, since I live here now. Now having those, in my mind doesn't hinder my love for the Suns. If you never chose that other team over the Suns, I don't see anything wrong with having a jersey because you like a logo.

OK. Fair. 47 years. I intended to mean "in my life"

I don't know if I would have considered it HORRIBLE to wear another team's gear, I am not like that. It just would have seemed weird. I don't wear team gear much, so when I do, its on purpose.

Return to Phoenix Suns