Other
3%

Total votes: 72

Maystack
Senior
And1: 184

Re: Official Suns Board Community Thread 5 

Post#921 » by Maystack » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:07 pm

1st October is when the drafting officially starts, so expect them to stick around past then. There will be time constraints from then to make things go as fast as possible.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Miklo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 278

Post#922 » by Miklo » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:32 pm

DarkHawk wrote:Question for those involved with it.

Will those 4 draft threads be 'unstuck' any time soon? It's ugly on the eyes for people coming to talk Suns.
I rarely ever post in non-stuck threads because there are too many as it is.
One thing I learned in the other forum I post in is you only stick what will make outsiders interested in talking.
IE: Game thread, free agency/trade thread, draft thread, community thread.

I always have to take a second to find the thread I'm interested in since they move around as they are discussed and unless you are part of that draft, I don't see what would make others care about it.

I saw an October 1st date for something in one of them. If that's when it'll be done, that's cool. Or if they are consolidated to 1 even, that's cool too. 4 is just too many.

I agree with you, 4 fantasy draft stickies is busy to say the least. On average the drafts are nearing halfway done, and like Maystack said there's an official clock starting on them 10/1 which will keep them moving along. Probably looking at ~2 more weeks before they are complete and we will then just have one "fantasy leagues discussion thread". I think it's worth keeping these stickied since it's only a few weeks per year and we have so much of the board involved, but if enough people are sick of them I suppose we could consider whether un-stickying them would be as effective at grabbing the upcoming draft-ers' attention.
wheezy
Rookie
And1: 556

Post#923 » by wheezy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:36 pm

I think DarkHawk just needs to join the fun next year.
b-ball forever
General Manager
And1: 498

Post#924 » by b-ball forever » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:42 pm

Miklo wrote:
DarkHawk wrote:Question for those involved with it.

Will those 4 draft threads be 'unstuck' any time soon? It's ugly on the eyes for people coming to talk Suns.
I rarely ever post in non-stuck threads because there are too many as it is.
One thing I learned in the other forum I post in is you only stick what will make outsiders interested in talking.
IE: Game thread, free agency/trade thread, draft thread, community thread.

I always have to take a second to find the thread I'm interested in since they move around as they are discussed and unless you are part of that draft, I don't see what would make others care about it.

I saw an October 1st date for something in one of them. If that's when it'll be done, that's cool. Or if they are consolidated to 1 even, that's cool too. 4 is just too many.

I agree with you, 4 fantasy draft stickies is busy to say the least. On average the drafts are nearing halfway done, and like Maystack said there's an official clock starting on them 10/1 which will keep them moving along. Probably looking at ~2 more weeks before they are complete and we will then just have one "fantasy leagues discussion thread". I think it's worth keeping these stickied since it's only a few weeks per year and we have so much of the board involved, but if enough people are sick of them I suppose we could consider whether un-stickying them would be as effective at grabbing the upcoming draft-ers' attention.

IMO most leagues will have finished drafting within 10 days, except for the SumDumFuk league draft thread which could be up until the end of pre-season :lol:
wheezy
Rookie
And1: 556

Post#925 » by wheezy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:50 pm

The drafting will be finished, so it's likely they'll be unstickied after that. Last year there were threads for fantasy during the season though. Don't think they were stickied but I could be wrong.

I'm personally on tapatalk most of the time, so I just have a handful of subscribed threads to check right when I get on the forum.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,224

Post#926 » by King4Day » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:10 pm

wheezy wrote:I think DarkHawk just needs to join the fun next year.

Me today :)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ_R-G_i4Xk[/youtube]
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
aIvin adams
Analyst
And1: 1,978

Post#927 » by aIvin adams » Wed Oct 1, 2014 10:50 pm

would be cool to have smth like a 'suns media thread' to post links from azcentral, brightsideofthesun, valleyofthesuns, etc.

now that suns are fun to watch again they get a lot of natl coverage, whether articles or analysis. i hate to go looking for it and would rather you all just bring it directly to me here on rgm.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Post#928 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Oct 3, 2014 4:48 am

aIvin adams wrote:would be cool to have smth like a 'suns media thread' to post links from azcentral, brightsideofthesun, valleyofthesuns, etc.

now that suns are fun to watch again they get a lot of natl coverage, whether articles or analysis. i hate to go looking for it and would rather you all just bring it directly to me here on rgm.

That's a good idea especially for the overseas fans like myself who isn't as across the media in the US as you guys.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
aIvin adams
Analyst
And1: 1,978

Post#929 » by aIvin adams » Fri Oct 3, 2014 5:47 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:
aIvin adams wrote:would be cool to have smth like a 'suns media thread' to post links from azcentral, brightsideofthesun, valleyofthesuns, etc.

That's a good idea especially for the overseas fans like myself who isn't as across the media in the US as you guys.

here's a good one from today:

This season, Hornacek wants to go even faster. The Suns were eighth in the league in pace last year; he wants to be in the top three. Markieff Morris, generously listed at 6-foot-10, has already been told he’ll be spending a good deal of time at center when the Suns “need to speed it up.” A Suns team deploying an undersize center? You don’t say.

Familiarity played a role in the joy surrounding this new Suns era, last year. Using vestiges of the Seven Seconds or Less days (Dragic, Channing Frye) as anchors, Hornacek was able to recreate the style of his own heyday and mold a team not only in his image, but also in the image longtime Suns fan have grown accustomed to. The team was stocked with long-range threats, athletes capable of making plays on either end of the court, and players capable of pushing tempo — the designation of “lead guard” befalling whichever of the two players happened to be speeding upcourt with the ball at that moment.

Most satisfying was the notion that we were finally seeing these players, most of whom had come from less gratifying situations on other teams, at their best.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nba-w ... ning-frye/
DRK
RealGM
And1: 3,590

Post#930 » by DRK » Sat Oct 4, 2014 6:31 am

So last year Kyrie Irving did a Meet and Greet in a shoe store in Melbourne. I think I mentioned it once on the forum. Anyway, I just happened to be holidaying in Melbourne at the time (Im from Perth) so it was super sweet. Lined up outside for 4 hours to see Kyrie and get stuff signed. It was really cool, chatted to a whole bunch of basketball crazy fans which kept us all entertained.

Finally got to see Irving and get stuff signed. Took a quick picture with him as well. Didnt really get to say much to him, but I told him to "come to Phoenix." He laughed.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRhClH5EJW0[/youtube]

Video just came out not long ago. My friend showed me it.
And yes, I do make an appearance in that video. Totally didnt expect to see my face in that haha
MrMiyagi wrote:Lob to DA for the win
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,380

Post#931 » by sunskerr » Sat Oct 4, 2014 7:11 am

DRK wrote:And yes, I do make an appearance in that video. Totally didnt expect to see my face in that haha

3:48

The only asian dude who looks like he lifts.
King4Day
RealGM

Post#932 » by King4Day » Sat Oct 4, 2014 1:20 pm

What do you guys think about the lottery proposal they have?

"The NBA has sent a memo indicating that the 30 teams could vote on a lottery reform measure at the Board of Governors meeting later this month.

The tweaks will include the four worst teams having an equal 12 percent chance to win the No. 1 overall pick and the worst team could fall no lower than No. 7.

The four lottery teams with the best records would have, in order, a 0.5 percent, 1 percent, 1.5 percent and 2.5 percent chance at the No. 1 pick, while also having an improved chance of moving into the top-6.

A vote for approving this proposal is expected."

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... ery-Reform
DRK
RealGM
And1: 3,590

Post#933 » by DRK » Sat Oct 4, 2014 1:31 pm

sunskerr wrote:
DRK wrote:And yes, I do make an appearance in that video. Totally didnt expect to see my face in that haha

3:48

The only asian dude who looks like he lifts.

Man of all the Asian dudes in the video.... Hahaha.

Identity blown. I now have to shoot you.

And I was super skinny back then, no way I look like I lift haha
MrMiyagi wrote:Lob to DA for the win
Miklo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 278

Post#934 » by Miklo » Sat Oct 4, 2014 1:37 pm

DarkHawk wrote:What do you guys think about the lottery proposal they have?

"The NBA has sent a memo indicating that the 30 teams could vote on a lottery reform measure at the Board of Governors meeting later this month.

The tweaks will include the four worst teams having an equal 12 percent chance to win the No. 1 overall pick and the worst team could fall no lower than No. 7.

The four lottery teams with the best records would have, in order, a 0.5 percent, 1 percent, 1.5 percent and 2.5 percent chance at the No. 1 pick, while also having an improved chance of moving into the top-6.

As a Suns fan, I can't complain about the bolded part :D
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#935 » by lilfishi22 » Sun Oct 5, 2014 1:15 am

What was the % before for the best lotto teams?
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,088

Post#936 » by SlovenianDragon » Sun Oct 5, 2014 1:22 am

DarkHawk wrote:What do you guys think about the lottery proposal they have?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOrgLj9lOwk[/youtube]
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,462

Post#937 » by bwgood77 » Sun Oct 5, 2014 1:33 am

lilfishi22 wrote:What was the % before for the best lotto teams?

Off the top of my head, I don't think the #1 chances improve at all, but as long as getting into the top six improves, that is probably more important. #1-3 chances are so slim in the first place for the last teams to miss the playoffs, but if they know they have a reasonable chance at still getting into the top six, that is definitely good.
King4Day
RealGM

Post#938 » by King4Day » Sun Oct 5, 2014 3:31 am

lilfishi22 wrote:What was the % before for the best lotto teams?

Something like .5, .6, .7, .8 for the 14-11 seeds. Maybe a little bit better for the latter ones.
Since they are going with 1% and more now, there's a real chance that some day the 14 seed will get #1 pick
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#939 » by lilfishi22 » Sun Oct 5, 2014 2:37 pm

DarkHawk wrote:Something like .5, .6, .7, .8 for the 14-11 seeds. Maybe a little bit better for the latter ones.
Since they are going with 1% and more now, there's a real chance that some day the 14 seed will get #1 pick

bwgood77 wrote:Off the top of my head, I don't think the #1 chances improve at all, but as long as getting into the top six improves, that is probably more important. #1-3 chances are so slim in the first place for the last teams to miss the playoffs, but if they know they have a reasonable chance at still getting into the top six, that is definitely good.

That's not bad. Before it was basically top 5 gets a chance at #1 then after that it goes by best to worst record. Anything to improve balance is good.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#940 » by Kerrsed » Sun Oct 5, 2014 6:26 pm

I would like to see all the lottery spots up for grabs to lottery teams. Instead of just being able to move up to the 1, 2, or 3 pick, make 1-14 all available, so no one knows where you could end up. Make it weighted (of course), but it would be somewhat beneficial to those teams that dont tank (like us) and end up with the #14 pick to be able to move up to, say the 5th or 8th pick.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend

Return to Phoenix Suns