Other
3%

Total votes: 72

RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Re: 

Post#1041 » by RunDogGun » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:52 pm

DarkHawk wrote:Hey all. Looking for advice. I've lived alone with my dog for the past 10 years and he was my best friend. He passed away 2 ago and i'm having a really hard time with it. Has anyone been in this situation before? If so, how do you get through it? Does it ever get any easier? I drove to ny to be with family and friends but will have to return home soon enough to confront it.

Very sorry for your loss. Pets are family members, it is tough. Keep yourself busy. Hopefully things will get easier. I've lost a few pets over the years, it was bad.

When you are ready, I'm sure there are a bunch of dogs in shelters in need of a loving parent.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,631

Re: Official Suns Board Community Thread 5 

Post#1042 » by Qwigglez » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:12 pm

i_am_donald wrote:Hello guys. I'm a lifelong Suns fan and I've been reading this board for quite some time now (well every now and then is more like it). I decided to register yesterday, but I waited for this crazy day to be over to introduce my self. I hope this is right thread for this sort of stuff.

I'm looking forward to watching games with all you guys.

Oh yeah, english is not my first language, so you'll have to excuse my questionable grammar :tooth

Welcome aboard. So what made you become a Suns fan?
Hope to see you posts frequently. Love when we get more members who become regulars and not just doing a fly by.
i_am_donald
Freshman
And1: 106

Post#1043 » by i_am_donald » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:18 pm

Qwigglez wrote:
i_am_donald wrote:Hello guys. I'm a lifelong Suns fan and I've been reading this board for quite some time now (well every now and then is more like it). I decided to register yesterday, but I waited for this crazy day to be over to introduce my self. I hope this is right thread for this sort of stuff.

I'm looking forward to watching games with all you guys.

Oh yeah, english is not my first language, so you'll have to excuse my questionable grammar :tooth

Welcome aboard. So what made you become a Suns fan?
Hope to see you posts frequently. Love when we get more members who become regulars and not just doing a fly by.

Thanks. I might not write a lot in next month or so as I have a lot of studying to do, but I'll stick around that's for sure.

First full NBA game that I watched was a Suns game. I think it was early 2007, I'm still young what can I say :tooth I caught it accidentally on tv, they played Pistons and Nash destroyed them. I fell in love with him instantly, and Suns grew on me in the next couple of months. Kinda sad that I caught them in their peek, and they were never really as good as they were at that moment. but hey, what can you do. :)
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,197

Re: Re: 

Post#1044 » by King4Day » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:16 pm

Having issues quoting via mobile.
Thanks rdg
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#1045 » by RunDogGun » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:29 pm

DarkHawk wrote:Having issues quoting via mobile.
Thanks rdg

No problem, stay strong!

Speaking of staying strong, I just got a brief update on lil Adam. My sister and family flew down to Florida fr a family vacation. Adam is having a blast. It is crazy though looking at pictures of him right now, compared to us just being with him in early January. His cheeks are super chubby, could be the steroids he was on during radiation treatment.

He qualified for a special chemotherapy the other day, and is in line for another special treatment in Houston. The only problem is they only take on three patients at a time, and would also want him to wait three months. But they submitted everything they could, and just hoping they choose him as one of their three.

No real news on how the radiation did, but staying hopeful that he lives longer, and with some sort of miracle, a long life.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,329

Post#1046 » by TASTIC » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:03 pm

RunDogGun wrote:
Thanks rdg

No problem, stay strong!

Speaking of staying strong, I just got a brief update on lil Adam. My sister and family flew down to Florida fr a family vacation. Adam is having a blast. It is crazy though looking at pictures of him right now, compared to us just being with him in early January. His cheeks are super chubby, could be the steroids he was on during radiation treatment.

He qualified for a special chemotherapy the other day, and is in line for another special treatment in Houston. The only problem is they only take on three patients at a time, and would also want him to wait three months. But they submitted everything they could, and just hoping they choose him as one of their three.

No real news on how the radiation did, but staying hopeful that he lives longer, and with some sort of miracle, a long life.

All the best to you and the little man!!
Cutter
Head Coach
And1: 2,011

Post#1047 » by Cutter » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:39 pm

RunDogGun wrote:
Thanks rdg

No problem, stay strong!

Go Adam go! Stay strong little man.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,197

Post#1048 » by King4Day » Tue Mar 3, 2015 2:17 pm

RunDogGun wrote:
Thanks rdg

No problem, stay strong!

That's great to hear!
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#1049 » by RunDogGun » Tue Mar 3, 2015 7:38 pm

Well they got back from the Florida trip, and Adam did great until they got home. He was afraid to eat, because he was worried about throwing up (the main tumor was affecting his brain which controls the stomach). So my brother in law is hoping that it was the lower doses of the steroids, and not the advancement of the the cancer.

Still no word on what the radiation treatment has done. I'm not sure when they will get those results.
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 5,983

Post#1050 » by kennydorglas » Tue Mar 3, 2015 8:16 pm

RunDogGun wrote:Well they got back from the Florida trip, and Adam did great until they got home. He was afraid to eat, because he was worried about throwing up (the main tumor was affecting his brain which controls the stomach). So my brother in law is hoping that it was the lower doses of the steroids, and not the advancement of the the cancer.

Still no word on what the radiation treatment has done. I'm not sure when they will get those results.

Best wishes for him.
This is a really tough battle and I hope he can win it all.
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,329

Post#1051 » by TASTIC » Wed Mar 4, 2015 12:01 pm

RunDogGun wrote:Well they got back from the Florida trip, and Adam did great until they got home. He was afraid to eat, because he was worried about throwing up (the main tumor was affecting his brain which controls the stomach). So my brother in law is hoping that it was the lower doses of the steroids, and not the advancement of the the cancer.

I work for The Royal College of Radiologists here in London, so we see/hear a lot of these horrible circumstances - I've got everything crossed for you and the family pal.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#1052 » by RunDogGun » Thu Mar 5, 2015 3:13 am

TASTIC wrote:

I work for The Royal College of Radiologists here in London, so we see/hear a lot of these horrible circumstances - I've got everything crossed for you and the family pal.

Thanks. I'm still amazed at how tough he is, and how well my sister ad brother in law are dealing with this. They never seem to show their sadness around him.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#1053 » by RunDogGun » Wed Apr 1, 2015 5:31 pm

Yesterday Adam had a seizure. They took him to CHOP, and an MRI was done. The tumor is still growing despite the chemo and radiation. So they took him home and started hospice last night. They are hoping to get a few good days of life left to make some memories and keep him happy.

Thank you all so much for your good thoughts and prayers, but it seems he will lose this battle fairly soon. Hopefully one day the science will be advanced enough to make sure other four year olds don't suffer this disease.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#1054 » by RunDogGun » Wed Apr 1, 2015 7:05 pm

I just got the call from my sister, Adam died about an hour ago. He fought a tough battle, and I thank all of you that gave prayers and positive thoughts from all over the world.
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,076

Post#1055 » by RaisingArizona » Wed Apr 1, 2015 9:20 pm

RunDogGun wrote:I just got the call from my sister, Adam died about an hour ago. He fought a tough battle, and I thank all of you that gave prayers and positive thoughts from all over the world.

Just terrible. Sorry to hear that. Life doesn't seem fair sometimes.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,609

Post#1056 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Apr 1, 2015 10:25 pm

RunDogGun wrote:I just got the call from my sister, Adam died about an hour ago. He fought a tough battle, and I thank all of you that gave prayers and positive thoughts from all over the world.

Absolutely terrible to hear. Been following this hoping there would be some good news but unfortunately it never came.

Sorry to hear this RDG
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#1057 » by RunDogGun » Thu Apr 2, 2015 1:07 am

Thanks guys, sorry to be such a Debbie downer, especially with all the negativity posted on here daily. I just wanted to keep everyone informed.

He put up a great fight, and passed peacefully in his mother's arms.
Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD
And1: 690

Post#1058 » by Kyler Murray » Thu Apr 2, 2015 2:32 pm

My condolences to you and your family. I wish you to never have to go through a similar situation again.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#1059 » by RunDogGun » Thu Apr 2, 2015 5:58 pm

Ulquiorra wrote:My condolences to you and your family. I wish you to never have to go through a similar situation again.

Thank you. Having a son the same age, this has been unbearable. Both my son and Adam have almost the exact same hair (pre chemo of course), so often in pictures you'd have to do a double take when looking at them together.

Just bought tickets, and holy heck, couldn't they give a bereavement rate? :( I think it will be even tougher to see a child size coffin.
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 5,983

Post#1060 » by kennydorglas » Thu Apr 2, 2015 6:58 pm

Man, this is so heart-crushing. Our children shouldnt be allowed to suffer like that.
My condolences for your family.
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola

Return to Phoenix Suns