Other
3%

Total votes: 72

sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,296

Re: Official Suns Board Community Thread 5 

Post#981 » by sunskerr » Mon Dec 1, 2014 3:48 pm

Only the best wishes to your nephew, RDG.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#982 » by RunDogGun » Mon Dec 1, 2014 7:41 pm

sunskerr wrote:Only the best wishes to your nephew, RDG.

Thank you sir.
mybloodisorange
Rookie
And1: 66

Post#983 » by mybloodisorange » Tue Dec 2, 2014 1:58 am

RunDogGun wrote:
TASTIC wrote:
RunDogGun wrote:Hey, a little heads up on my nephew Adam. He is going through a third cycle of very intense chemo. He is battling, but is having a ton of setbacks, and major pain. He has been getting many infections, and terrible fevers, so if you are a praying person, please pray for him. Regardless of what you may think of me as a poster/person, no three year old should have to go through this.

Thank you in advance for any positive thoughts or prayers for this amazing little kid.

Argh man that sucks - all the best once again and keep us updated, we're all pulling for the little guy.

We are very thankful that so many around the world are keeping him in their thoughts. As soon as I find out some results from this cycle, I will pass it on.

Rough news for sure. Stay strong dog.
Everybody dies but not everybody truly lives.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#984 » by RunDogGun » Tue Dec 2, 2014 2:32 am

mybloodisorange wrote:
RunDogGun wrote:
TASTIC wrote:Argh man that sucks - all the best once again and keep us updated, we're all pulling for the little guy.

We are very thankful that so many around the world are keeping him in their thoughts. As soon as I find out some results from this cycle, I will pass it on.

Rough news for sure. Stay strong dog.

Thanks, I'm glad Adam is a strong kid. I can't imagine the pain he has gone through already. Hopefully the fever an infections get resolved soon. I hate hearing about his pain.
DoctaJ
Sixth Man
And1: 394

Post#985 » by DoctaJ » Fri Dec 5, 2014 5:06 pm

SlovenianDragon wrote:
DoctaJ wrote:Hey fans, just dropping by to gain some knowledge.

Girlfriend and I are travelling down to Phoenix for the Timberwolves and Lakers game Jan 16-19.

Anyone got suggestions for foods, arena must-dos, general must-dos or any other general suggestions? So far we've got nothing planned aside from the two games and maybe heading up to the Canyon.

*I apologize if your CT has a no basketball talk policy

If you are seeking the best Italian food in Arizona head to new yorks best Italian bistro. Everyone is either from Brooklyn or the Bronx. Its a family owned restaurant with best food in town. Also the manager and some of the employees are HUGE suns fans....cough cough.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/new-yorks-best- ... scottsdale

If you do come In town please stop by. And send me a msg. So we can talk about the suns while im at work!

Btw this isn't really to biased. I show up 2 hours early to eat food and talk basketball. Love the place and im sure you will.

Finally grabbed tickets to both games. The trip is 100% a go and I'll definitely message ya and stop by there. Love me some italian - hell I just love food in general.

Thanks for all the help friends!
JTrain
Starter
And1: 1,012

Post#986 » by JTrain » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:43 am

So i thought i picked an easy game to fly out :( smdh. But at sochu now. It's good.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using RealGM Forums mobile app
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#987 » by RunDogGun » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:18 am

Heads up on Adam. He finished the third round of intense chemo, and it appears not to have worked on everything, and it appears that new cells have shown up, where they weren't before. He has been listed as terminal, with three to four months to live. They are going to try other drugs, and get a second opinion.

I really hope this works. It will crush our family to lose someone so young, and so much ahead of him. But this kid is a fighter (wish the Suns had that fight in them).

If I get more news I will share. But if you are a praying person, he needs you. Thank you guys.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Post#988 » by Revived » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:19 am

mybloodisorange wrote:Is anyone here a big fan of video games more specifically pc gaming? I ran a guild in World of Warcraft for a number of years (never again lol) but haven't playent anything but nba2k for the past few years.

Used to play Runescape way back then but that's it haha.

I'm thinking about getting a next generation console soon though, just don't know if I should commit to the PS4 or Xbox One.

Currently I have the 360 but I'm open to a change.
mybloodisorange
Rookie

Post#989 » by mybloodisorange » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:36 pm

SF88 wrote:
mybloodisorange wrote:Is anyone here a big fan of video games more specifically pc gaming? I ran a guild in World of Warcraft for a number of years (never again lol) but haven't playent anything but nba2k for the past few years.

Used to play Runescape way back then but that's it haha.

I'm thinking about getting a next generation console soon though, just don't know if I should commit to the PS4 or Xbox One.

Currently I have the 360 but I'm open to a change.

The reason I ask is because there is a game launching tomorrow I'm super psyched about. I'm an older nerd who played the original elite on my c64 back in the 80s. Now the same guys are back making a modern space sim for gaming called elite:dangerous....it was kickstarter so they don't have a publisher calling the shots either. A game for nerds by nerds basically.

Anyhow it is a realistically rendered 3 dimensional recreation of the entire Milky Way with 400 billion systems. Every star in the night sky is in the game...they used every available bit of real astronomical data and star charts to make the game as accurate as possible. Stars, planets, moons, asteroid belts, nebula, comets, black holes... All there set in the year 3300; basically it's a future space sim.
http://www.elitedangerous.com
Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD
And1: 687

Post#990 » by Kyler Murray » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:58 am

Merry Christmas guys and happy holidays :)
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,538

Post#991 » by Qwigglez » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:47 pm

RunDogGun wrote:Heads up on Adam. He finished the third round of intense chemo, and it appears not to have worked on everything, and it appears that new cells have shown up, where they weren't before. He has been listed as terminal, with three to four months to live. They are going to try other drugs, and get a second opinion.

I really hope this works. It will crush our family to lose someone so young, and so much ahead of him. But this kid is a fighter (wish the Suns had that fight in them).

If I get more news I will share. But if you are a praying person, he needs you. Thank you guys.

Man, that's tough. I hope he gets better. I'm praying for your family & Adam.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#992 » by RunDogGun » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:00 am

Qwigglez wrote:
RunDogGun wrote:Heads up on Adam. He finished the third round of intense chemo, and it appears not to have worked on everything, and it appears that new cells have shown up, where they weren't before. He has been listed as terminal, with three to four months to live. They are going to try other drugs, and get a second opinion.

Man, that's tough. I hope he gets better. I'm praying for your family & Adam.

Thanks, I really can't imagine what my sister and brother in law are going through, and we all appreciate the prayers.

The kid is a fighter, so maybe there is some kind of hope. I will be visiting him in NJ January 7-11th. I'm just hoping they find some way to help him.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,074

Post#993 » by bwgood77 » Sun Jan 4, 2015 6:42 am

Amazing...I see people calling for Arians head just like they did D'Antoni's when the team was without key guys.
mybloodisorange
Rookie

Post#994 » by mybloodisorange » Sun Jan 4, 2015 9:33 pm

I don't know if I mentioned it here already but my brother won a Suns contest and his name was shown during the pregame show the day after Christmas; he won a 70 inch tv for just entering that promotion they always run! Christmas came a day late I guess lol
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,538

Post#995 » by Qwigglez » Mon Jan 5, 2015 6:40 am

Awesome. What exactly was the contest?
mybloodisorange
Rookie

Post#996 » by mybloodisorange » Mon Jan 5, 2015 10:39 am

They just give a word during the broadcast and you enter it on the Suns website. Either my brother is really lucky or nobody enters those promotions!
adamfrance72
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#997 » by adamfrance72 » Mon Jan 5, 2015 12:22 pm

Hi I have recently joined this form as I am a supporter of Rangers Football (Soccer) Club in the UK. Your club owner Robert Sarver is looking to invest and possibly takeover my football club it is cash we really need. What is your views on him? Is he a good man to have running my Football (Soccer) club?

No Surrender
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#998 » by RunDogGun » Mon Jan 5, 2015 3:09 pm

adamfrance72 wrote:Hi I have recently joined this form as I am a supporter of Rangers Football (Soccer) Club in the UK. Your club owner Robert Sarver is looking to invest and possibly takeover my football club it is cash we really need. What is your views on him? Is he a good man to have running my Football (Soccer) club?

No Surrender

He won't be running your club, would he? While he has had decent success in regular seasons in the past, but has had some bad moves in trusting basketball decisions in gms.

But with the Mercury, the ladies team, they have won a chip in a short time of him owning.
adamfrance72
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#999 » by adamfrance72 » Mon Jan 5, 2015 7:29 pm

Is he a trust worthy owner? Does he invest his money and has the clubs best interest at heart?
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,327

Post#1000 » by TASTIC » Thu Jan 8, 2015 11:52 am

Am off to the Knicks - Bucks game here in London next week, made a poster during lunch so will try get on The Starters again!

Return to Phoenix Suns