Post#101 » by Saberestar » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:21 pm

Read on Twitter
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Re: Season Speculation, Trade Ideas and Discussion 

Post#102 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:43 pm

Saberestar wrote:I always have said the same...I think Tucker is a good bench player. He can play 18-20 minutes per game on every team in the NBA and be effective.

His defense, rebounding and hustle are needed here because Bender and Chriss are raw.

I prefer to have him on the team and trade Knight. Knight is the player that needs to go ASAP.

Chandler and Tucker can stay here if we do not receive any BIG offer for them.

I agree. He doesn't take a ton of shots on offense and the majority of those are either putbacks or corner 3's. Occasionally he stinks it up with a post up or a fadeaway J but that's maybe once, max twice a game and it's only ever against a mismatch.

Defensively, he's a beast. Unlike offense where a player can take shots away from other players who should be taking the shot instead, you can't take defense away from other players. You can only contribute.

Right now, neither Bender nor Chriss can consistently contribute on either ends of the court. Chriss had a great rebounding game against NY but it was also his first double digit rebounding effort. I love watching Bender play even when he's not contributing but he's not contributing so I get it when he only plays a few minutes a game.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,887

Post#103 » by TeamTragic » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:45 pm

I can see it now. Tucker being positioned for a contending team. Knight will go to Philly at some point.

Bledsoe only gets traded if we are going ultra tank :)
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#104 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:52 pm

carey wrote:No god damn way am I watching PJ Tucker for 3 more years. Not going to happen.

The reaction to PJ's inevitable 4-40 M extension with the suns next summer is going to be lit :) Figured 40 mil sounds right that's 1 mil for every minute he plays every damn game.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
carey
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,934

Post#105 » by carey » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:02 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote: The reaction to PJ's inevitable 4-40 M extension with the suns next summer is going to be lit :) Figured 40 mil sounds right that's 1 mil for every minute he plays every damn game.

I've never lost it on the Suns before. If this happens be prepared.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,462

Post#106 » by bwgood77 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:12 am

carey wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote: The reaction to PJ's inevitable 4-40 M extension with the suns next summer is going to be lit :) Figured 40 mil sounds right that's 1 mil for every minute he plays every damn game.

If that happens do you then become a Pelicans fan considering you said there was no way you were watching PJ for another few years?
carey
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,934

Post#107 » by carey » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:58 am

bwgood77 wrote: If that happens do you then become a Pelicans fan considering you said there was no way you were watching PJ for another few years?

Nah. Never that. I'll just not watch any basketball. I've been a fan since '92 but it doesn't define my life or anything. My son plays baseball on a travel team and it's year round except for the 8 weeks between mid-December to mid-February when it's too cold in New Orleans to play (though it was literally 81° yesterday,) so that takes up an enormous chunk of time already. Plus there are so many good Tv shows to watch. I seriously have a back log of 40 episodes of Tv to catch up on over Christmas break. I haven't even seen the 2nd half of the Westworld season.
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#108 » by thamadkant » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:50 am

carey wrote:

I'd skip Suns games on League pass....
Because it'll just piss me off every time I see Tucker brick a shot and think he gets paid 10 million dollars a year.

Unless the Suns somehow gets 2 Star players to soften the impact of Tucker.
LacosteM
Suns Forum Rookie of the Year
And1: 366

Re: P.J. Tucker 

Post#109 » by LacosteM » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:05 am

I've noticed the pattern of how divided Suns board is in all of these polls that are being posted. Quite interesting to have such diversity of thoughts on a team.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,819

Post#110 » by Saberestar » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:50 am

“If you go through the NBA and you were to ask every player about P.J. Tucker, I guarantee you everyone would say he’s one of the top defenders in the league,” Watson said.

“Players have this unwritten and unspoken respect that we have for each other, and you know who can really play and who can’t. P.J.’s been magnificent for us. He plays with his heart.”

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nba/suns/2016/12/21/phoenix-suns-want-build-defensive-mindset-around-pj-tucker/95730966/
thamadkant

Post#111 » by thamadkant » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:17 pm

Saberestar wrote:
“If you go through the NBA and you were to ask every player about P.J. Tucker, I guarantee you everyone would say he’s one of the top defenders in the league,” Watson said.

“Players have this unwritten and unspoken respect that we have for each other, and you know who can really play and who can’t. P.J.’s been magnificent for us. He plays with his heart.”

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nba/suns/2016/12/21/phoenix-suns-want-build-defensive-mindset-around-pj-tucker/95730966/

I am waiting for Watson to give praise to the Gorilla and the chubby male suns dancer.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Post#112 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:22 pm

Unlike Chriss, we've actually seen elite defense from PJ so at least this comment has some merit.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
TheIdiotGamer
Sophomore
And1: 30

Post#113 » by TheIdiotGamer » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:52 pm

I don't know why everyone hates Tucker so much. His energy and defense is infectious. He just gives it his all every game, and we need more players to do that.
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,101

Post#114 » by RaisingArizona » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:16 pm

TheIdiotGamer wrote:I don't know why everyone hates Tucker so much. His energy and defense is infectious. He just gives it his all every game, and we need more players to do that.

Make sure to get a DD this holiday season, PJ.
Djedefre
Senior
And1: 653

Post#115 » by Djedefre » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:25 pm

It's not hate, just common sense. He is terrific, high value piece on a contender, a wet dream for many PO teams. There's no arguing about that. As Suns obviously do not match that criteria, there are 2 (reasonable) scenarios: 1) keeping him on the team as an off-the-bench, 15-20 mpg mentor for the youngsters (which means that we resigned to get any potential value for him in return and decided to quietly spend him); 2) trading him while he still has a fair value to make space for kids we just drafted and/or we WILL draft in the nearest future.
thamadkant

Post#116 » by thamadkant » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:09 pm

Tucker should be on the Rockets, Grizzlies or even Spurs.... They need someone like him.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,462

Post#117 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jan 4, 2017 7:57 am

1UPZ wrote:Tucker should be on the Rockets, Grizzlies or even Spurs.... They need someone like him.

Read on Twitter

According to Ian Begley who covers the New York Knicks for ESPN, the Knicks’ front office has targeted the Phoenix Suns’ P.J. Tucker with the hopes of improving their defensive mindset, a part of the team’s game that Head Coach Jeff Hornacek feels is severely lacking right now....
AtheJ415
Head Coach
And1: 5,359

Post#118 » by AtheJ415 » Wed Jan 4, 2017 8:46 am

bwgood77 wrote:
1UPZ wrote:Tucker should be on the Rockets, Grizzlies or even Spurs.... They need someone like him.

Read on Twitter

According to Ian Begley who covers the New York Knicks for ESPN, the Knicks’ front office has targeted the Phoenix Suns’ P.J. Tucker with the hopes of improving their defensive mindset, a part of the team’s game that Head Coach Jeff Hornacek feels is severely lacking right now....

Problem is I feel PJ is worth a first to a contender. I get that the Knicks won't want to trade a super high pick for him, but a protected first may work.

I like O'Quinn but not at age 26 for this team. Hernangomez would be okay I guess, but I feel like we'll draft a young center this year anyways.
thamadkant

Post#119 » by thamadkant » Wed Jan 4, 2017 8:47 am

Tucker on the Knicks??

Seriously though... I would actually cheer for him if he plays for the Rockets. i believe the Rox could come out of the west if they can get a couple of bruisers and Tucker is one half of that.
m1chal
Rookie
And1: 825

Post#120 » by m1chal » Wed Jan 4, 2017 9:36 am

Does Tucker for Porzingis work?

Return to Phoenix Suns