ImageImageImage

P.J. Tucker

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,164

Re: P.J. Tucker 

Post#21 » by bigfoot » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:42 am

Laughable ... the answer to why PJ is so valuable to the team is right here!!. Make sure to look at the 3pt% as the years progress. Also, minutes per game and salary.
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,076

Post#22 » by RaisingArizona » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:18 am

I don't understand the Tucker hate here. Then again, most of you probably are basing this off of the box scores.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,632

Post#23 » by Qwigglez » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:37 am

Not a Tucker hater, but I'm also not a fan in the way if he got traded, it would be no big deal for me.

When Jared Dudley got traded I was a little upset, but Eric Bledsoe was definitely worth it. Gortat being traded, I didn't' care, mostly because I thought it would open up some time for Alex Len, plus he was expiring anyway. I feel the same way about Tucker, it should open up some time for Goodwin.
-SDU-
RealGM
And1: 30
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#24 » by -SDU- » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:35 am

ginobiliflops wrote:I don't understand the Tucker hate here. Then again, most of you probably are basing this off of the box scores.

Come on bro - I've seen almost every game
Dragic13
Pro Prospect
And1: 77

Post#25 » by Dragic13 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:06 am

Tucker = Grant Hill

Defense, a nice jump shot, and a corner three.

Cmon son.
Never Fear 33 Is Here
Lead Assistant
And1: 60
Location: DP09 Brotherhood: NF33IH, -SDU-, TASTIC, nevetsov, KPCB34, Frank Lee, Miklo, Rodrizzle, Cash

Post#26 » by Never Fear 33 Is Here » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:52 am

Dragic13 wrote:Tucker = Grant Hill

Defense, a nice jump shot, and a corner three.

Cmon son.

Oh WOW :o
Props to Kerrsed for the sig
nevetsov
Head Coach
And1: 1,709

Post#27 » by nevetsov » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:10 am

Lol easy Dan! Although dem fight in' words... ;)

Grant Hill was much more fluid, had way better handles and even in his oldish age had a much better first step. Plus he had one of the best midrange pull up jumpers the game has ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app
Never Fear 33 Is Here
Lead Assistant
Location: DP09 Brotherhood: NF33IH, -SDU-, TASTIC, nevetsov, KPCB34, Frank Lee, Miklo, Rodrizzle, Cash

Post#28 » by Never Fear 33 Is Here » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:28 am

It's no wonder many good posters stop(ped) coming here...

You forgot, could pass. Something Tucker could only do if his team mates were standing out of court where most of his passes end up.

Not to mention his Defense being overrated. He hustles, yeah, no doubt, but more often than not his hustle (pressure) ends up in another player being left open when their defender has to cover for him getting beat.
Dragic13
Pro Prospect

Post#29 » by Dragic13 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:34 am

b-ball forever
General Manager
And1: 498

Post#30 » by b-ball forever » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:17 am

SDU is arguably the biggest Suns fan on realgm, I'm sure he's seen plenty of PJ Tucker
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,329

Post#31 » by TASTIC » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:13 am

Tucker is what he is - a tenacious role player who lucked into a longer than expected deal because our GM was a tool.

In saying that, he's carved out a role and proved that he did deserve the contract, but he is not the saviour at the 2 or 3, nor is he a starter. Ideally he'd be the 7th or 8th man on a good team getting 15-20min as others have said.

I love his hustle and that he's (apparently) worked on his game - but when he leads a break or has that corner three I have that cringe face. Horrible handles, zero speed or athleticism in getting to the hole, and his form is awful. The lob to Green the other night was solid but even that was slightly close to the rim.

He'll stick in the league because of his hustle, but I feel people are really making him into something he's not - seriously Grant Hill???

Even on a dirt cheap contract, I bet we wouldn't get anything for him in trade value - he'd be the sort of player we'd throw in as contract filler and he turns into a pleasant surprise.

Re-reading this post it seems I hate him, but I don't - I just find his value is vastly overrated on these boards.

Must be an Australasian thing haha
Never Fear 33 Is Here
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by Never Fear 33 Is Here » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:47 am

LOL, that last part you said is in part what makes me dislike him. Too many posters here are on his jock strap and it makes me dislike him even more. ESPECIALLY when people start making ludicrous statements. Well said Sem.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#33 » by rsavaj » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:39 pm

You need guys like Tucker on a successful team. All hustle, all heart. Above average defender, great teammate.

Ideal 7th man. If he developed a corner 3, he could be a starter in this league.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPwgxJPDe1Q[/youtube]
Beetlejuice
Junior
And1: 151

Post#34 » by Beetlejuice » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:25 pm

I think i know where mine and others overvaluation of PJ Tucker comes. It is probable that "problem" lies in our last year roster where half of the guys eventually almost didnt try even anymore. Weak athleticism combined with not giving 100% effort or just being out for yourself or just plain lost and stupid. It is hard to watch as a fan...

but then ...

there is this one guy...

Mr . Hustle ... PJ Tucker.

Oh and advanced stats loves him, so its hard to be against him when every adv.stats site suggest the guy plays decent.

But all in all : what rsavaj said.
Moochthemonkey
Sixth Man
And1: 1,579

Post#35 » by Moochthemonkey » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:28 pm

Never Fear 33 Is Here wrote:LOL, that last part you said is in part what makes me dislike him. Too many posters here are on his jock strap and it makes me dislike him even more. ESPECIALLY when people start making ludicrous statements. Well said Sem.

So PJ Tucker is in control of what comments people make towards him? He's in control of how many minutes Hornacek gives him? So because of this, not only you "cannot stand the guy" you want to CUT him from the team? That's pretty ridiculous.

His hustle/hard work/toughness and being a good teammate are good enough reasons to root for him, you just cannot hate the guy, the same way you cannot hate the Bo Outlaws & Lou Amundsons regardless of their skill level. IMO, if youre in a Suns uniform, I like you; if you're going to have any hate at all reserve that for players like Beasley and S. Brown.
Dragic13
Pro Prospect

Post#36 » by Dragic13 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:47 pm

I base my opinions of players based on how many people like them too.

Im a true hipster even when it comes to liking basketball players.

If one player has to many fans I hate the guy if a guy doesn't have enough fans I love the guy.

#hippsterbasketball YOLO!
Beetlejuice
Junior
And1: 151

Post#37 » by Beetlejuice » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:49 pm

Dragic13 wrote:I base my opinions of players based on how many people like them too.

If one player has to many fans I hate the guy if a guy doesn't have enough fans I love the guy.

So it wasnt infuriating for you when people praised Michael Beasley.
Moochthemonkey
Sixth Man
And1: 1,579

Post#38 » by Moochthemonkey » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:57 pm

Beetlejuice wrote:
Dragic13 wrote:I base my opinions of players based on how many people like them too.

So it wasnt infuriating for you when people praised Michael Beasley.

the players Dragic13 follows is pretty obscure, I'm pretty sure you've never heard of them.
Never Fear 33 Is Here
Lead Assistant

Post#39 » by Never Fear 33 Is Here » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:27 am

Moochthemonkey wrote:
Never Fear 33 Is Here wrote:LOL, that last part you said is in part what makes me dislike him. Too many posters here are on his jock strap and it makes me dislike him even more. ESPECIALLY when people start making ludicrous statements. Well said Sem.

So PJ Tucker is in control of what comments people make towards him? He's in control of how many minutes Hornacek gives him? So because of this, not only you "cannot stand the guy" you want to CUT him from the team? That's pretty ridiculous.

His hustle/hard work/toughness and being a good teammate are good enough reasons to root for him, you just cannot hate the guy, the same way you cannot hate the Bo Outlaws & Lou Amundsons regardless of their skill level. IMO, if youre in a Suns uniform, I like you; if you're going to have any hate at all reserve that for players like Beasley and S. Brown.

Ok, ok. I was being a little harsh when I said I wanted him cut. I actually really want him to play 20 minutes a game max, no more, I would be more than satisfied with that. Never been the case for me to like someone just because they play for my team. I never liked Shaq (even though I did get to meet him), never liked Shannon Brown, never liked Scola, just to name a few.

I can't help people being stupid and ill informed, but if they are and it highlights something that I don't like then yeah, I'm gonna dislike something more, much like my hate of the Lakers. If their fans weren't so stupid and ludicrous then it would be harder to hate them.
b-ball forever
General Manager
And1: 498

Post#40 » by b-ball forever » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:33 am

Tucker is a solid role player who does the dirty work and has a nice contract, but I hope that he and Frye won't eat into Goodwin, Green, and the twins' playtime too much now that Dragic is back. Maybe Len can eat into Frye's playtime a lil too.

Return to Phoenix Suns