ImageImageImage

Around The NBA 2: 2013/2014

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,370

Re: Around The NBA 2: 2013/2014 

Post#501 » by Puff » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:26 am

I never liked Magic Johnson as a player because he played for the Lakers but I respected him for his ability to play basketball. One of the best to ever play, IMO.

That respect he earned as a player, is now out the window, he is an idiot.

Now he is blaming MDA for Gasol's departure from the Lakers. This is after he personally orchestrated the firing of MDA. He says that the reason Gasol would not resign with the Lakers was a residual effect of Gasol being benched, by MDA, while he averaged 18 and 10. How many wins did that produce for the Lakers, Magic. MDA is no longer there, look in the freaking mirror. I expect that if Gasol does not put forth effort on the defensive end in Chicago his new coach will also bench him.

Magic also is disappointed in not being able to sign Melo after spending over an hour on the phone with him. Get a clue Magic. Melo signed for over $30 million more in New York and he does not have to play with Kobe. In addition, just a hint Magic. No one is impressed with your basketball knowledge anymore and no one wants to play with Kobe. Gasol saw the writing on the wall and I expect that is the real reason for him leaving.

Another hint Magic. Howard left town because of the Kobe and Gasol clique, not MDA. You were a lousy coach and you are a horrible recruiter and talent evaluator. Go watch some baseball. The Dodgers are pretty good. I expect they are keeping you away from any decision making.

I just hope ESPN and TNT keep you out of the broadcast booth, forever. Please just go away.

I'm Done
LukasBMW
Suns Forum SlamDRUNK Contributor
And1: 4,286

Post#502 » by LukasBMW » Mon Aug 4, 2014 9:54 pm

Marion is apparently thinking about signing with the Cavs.

Clevland is quickly becoming the team to beat.

A three headed monster of Lebron, Irving, and Love with Marion, Ray Allen, and probably Waiters could be dangerous.

It's really the perfect blend of young talent (Waiters + Irving), prime stars (Lebron + Love) and vets (Ray + Marion).
Suns Court 23
Sophomore
And1: 16

Post#503 » by Suns Court 23 » Mon Aug 4, 2014 10:02 pm

LukasBMW wrote:Marion is apparently thinking about signing with the Cavs.

[b]Clevland is quickly becoming the team to beat.[/b]

A three headed monster of Lebron, Irving, and Love with Marion, Ray Allen, and probably Waiters could be dangerous.

It's really the perfect blend of young talent (Waiters + Irving), prime stars (Lebron + Love) and vets (Ray + Marion).

IDK. It just seems to me that Cleveland is lacking enough outside catch-and-shoot players and an inside scorer. Plus the defense looks like it could have potential problems. Irving and Love are horrendous defensively and that's 40% of the starting line-up.
aIvin adams
Analyst
And1: 1,978

Post#504 » by aIvin adams » Mon Aug 4, 2014 10:16 pm

Suns Court 23 wrote:

IDK. It just seems to me that Cleveland is lacking enough outside catch-and-shoot players and an inside scorer. Plus the defense looks like it could have potential problems. Irving and Love are horrendous defensively and that's 40% of the starting line-up.

i don't agree but one thing is for sure: we are gonna find out (if Love goes to cle of course).

if they can't defend decently on that team then they are horrendous.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,145

Post#505 » by Frank Lee » Mon Aug 4, 2014 11:12 pm

Love better be careful.... he could ink up for 4 yrs, and James could bolt in two....

Though the way these so called superstars are negotiating contracts, I wouldn't be surprised if Love signs for 2 with a couple opt out yrs tacked on.

Kind of getting tired of the player collusion/buddying-upness
What ? Me Worry ?
phrazbit
Sixth Man
And1: 649

Post#506 » by phrazbit » Tue Aug 5, 2014 10:58 am

Suns Court 23 wrote:

Pretty sure Love fits both of those. That people peg him purely as an outside shooter is baffling, do they ever watch him play? He scored over 300 baskets within 8 feet from the hoop, and did so at a higher percentage than Zach Randolph. LeBron is also one of the best interior scorers in the league, in-fact the two of them will probably rack up more inside scoring than any duo in the entire league. And with Kevin Love and Mike MIller they also have two of the best catch and shoot 3 point guys in the entire league. Offensively they're going to be a terror.

Defensively... thats where it will be interesting. Love is a smart player, really high basketball IQ, an amazing instinct for rebounding (which is a very important aspect of defense), but as a one on one defender he is suspect, but calling him a disaster is unfair. He is much better than true "disasters" such as Amare on defense. Last year the Wolves got no better defensively when he was resting. Also, with LeBron and Verajo there will be very little pressure on Love as an individual defender. IMO a lot of it will depend on Verajo's health. If he plays 65+ games, like he did last year, I think they will be very good on D, if misses 50-60 games like he had the previous several years, then things will get murky.
Big NBA Fan
Senior
And1: 329

Post#507 » by Big NBA Fan » Tue Aug 5, 2014 1:17 pm

I don't think Byron Scott is going to be much of an upgrade over D'Antoni for the Lakers.

I am very curious to see if Nash will like playing for him or if he will complain like he did under Terry Porter.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,382

Post#508 » by bwgood77 » Tue Aug 5, 2014 8:43 pm

Frank Lee wrote:Love better be careful.... he could ink up for 4 yrs, and James could bolt in two....

Though the way these so called superstars are negotiating contracts, I wouldn't be surprised if Love signs for 2 with a couple opt out yrs tacked on.

Kind of getting tired of the player collusion/buddying-upness

Pretty sure he will probably just opt into the final year of his contract so he becomes a FA the same time as LeBron.
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,542

Around The NBA 2: 2013/2014 

Post#509 » by Jdiddy701 » Tue Aug 5, 2014 10:39 pm

This may sound crazy for laker fans but if I were Mitch Kupchak, this would be the best time to trade Kobe Bryant. Think about it.

It makes zero sense to keep him. Don't know if his contract will allow but I'm wondering if they've thought about it. They can get very good players back.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Post#510 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Aug 5, 2014 11:05 pm

Jdiddy701 wrote:This may sound crazy for laker fans but if I were Mitch Kupchak, this would be the best time to trade Kobe Bryant. Think about it.

It makes zero sense to keep him. Don't know if his contract will allow but I'm wondering if they've thought about it. They can get very good players back.

He's a lifer

Unless Kobe wants out, he's going to be a Laker for life. Also, please correct me if I am wrong but I believe he has a NTC.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Jdiddy701
RealGM

Post#511 » by Jdiddy701 » Tue Aug 5, 2014 11:23 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:This may sound crazy for laker fans but if I were Mitch Kupchak, this would be the best time to trade Kobe Bryant. Think about it.

He's a lifer

Unless Kobe wants out, he's going to be a Laker for life. Also, please correct me if I am wrong but I believe he has a NTC.

I don't know specifics if he has the NTC. BUT at some point, you have to say thanks for everything and look at what's best for the team going forward. Suns should have done that with Nash. I would love to know what they can get for him.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#512 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Aug 5, 2014 11:31 pm

Jdiddy701 wrote:I don't know specifics if he has the NTC. BUT at some point, you have to say thanks for everything and look at what's best for the team going forward. Suns should have done that with Nash. I would love to know what they can get for him.

Are you talking from the perspective of the team or from Kobe?
Jdiddy701
RealGM

Post#513 » by Jdiddy701 » Wed Aug 6, 2014 12:00 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:I don't know specifics if he has the NTC. BUT at some point, you have to say thanks for everything and look at what's best for the team going forward. Suns should have done that with Nash. I would love to know what they can get for him.

Are you talking from the perspective of the team or from Kobe?

Team first. Seriously would actually go for both but more so the team.

Zelaznyrules
Sixth Man
And1: 995

Post#514 » by Zelaznyrules » Wed Aug 6, 2014 12:33 am

Can they? Who do you see giving up very good players in return for an aged, headstrong, me-first Kobe? Few contending teams could afford to take back Kobe's salary without parting with multiple starting players and I can't see that being a good idea for any team that's already in the playoff picture. If I were the Lakers, I'd do it in a flash. If I were the GM of any of the other 29 teams, I'd hang up the moment Kupchak mentions Black Mamba's name.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#515 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Aug 6, 2014 12:40 am

Jdiddy701 wrote:Team first. Seriously would actually go for both but more so the team.

They can't move him unless Kobe wants to move. Things may sour if they decide to stay on the tank though.

I also don't see any team willing to give up assets for a diva who is well on his last (productive) legs.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#516 » by TASTIC » Wed Aug 6, 2014 9:03 pm

So DET upped their offer to Monroe and he still balked...

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... $60M-Offer

I can't help but think if the Suns offered either $55m over 5, or $50m over 4, this would be a done deal with Bledsoe - the $50m is probably seen as a status symbol...
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#517 » by bwgood77 » Wed Aug 6, 2014 9:11 pm

TASTIC wrote:So DET upped their offer to Monroe and he still balked...

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... $60M-Offer

I can't help but think if the Suns offered either $55m over 5, or $50m over 4, this would be a done deal with Bledsoe - the $50m is probably seen as a status symbol...

55 over 5 is far worse than 48 over 4. I really doubt he'd accept 50 over 4 either. I don't think he'd accept a move up to below 4/56, and maybe not even that. So no reason to move up the offer, because if he doesn't accept, you are in the same spot with 8 million more on the table.

Can't believe Monroe hasn't accepted over 13 million a year.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#518 » by bwgood77 » Thu Aug 7, 2014 1:47 pm

The Minnesota Timberwolves have reached an agreement in principle to trade Kevin Love to the Cleveland Cavaliers for No. 1 overall pick Andrew Wiggins, 2013 No. 1 overall pick Anthony Bennett and a protected 2015 first-round draft pick, according to media reports.

ESPN's Brian Windhorst reported Monday that the Cavs and Timberwolves have a "handshake agreement" for a Love trade. Yahoo! Sports reported on Thursday that Love has committed to to opt out of his contract in 2015 and re-sign with Cleveland next summer five years and $120 million-plus.

The trade cannot be finalized until Aug. 23.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11320 ... ment-place
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#519 » by jcsunsfan » Thu Aug 7, 2014 3:39 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
The Minnesota Timberwolves have reached an agreement in principle to trade Kevin Love to the Cleveland Cavaliers for No. 1 overall pick Andrew Wiggins, 2013 No. 1 overall pick Anthony Bennett and a protected 2015 first-round draft pick, according to media reports.

ESPN's Brian Windhorst reported Monday that the Cavs and Timberwolves have a "handshake agreement" for a Love trade. Yahoo! Sports reported on Thursday that Love has committed to to opt out of his contract in 2015 and re-sign with Cleveland next summer five years and $120 million-plus.

The trade cannot be finalized until Aug. 23.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11320 ... ment-place

Nice save for the Wolves. They could have lost him for nothing. This has the potential to be one of the most lop-sided trades in NBA history. I am not saying it is, its just the potential of Wiggins, the pick, AND who know if Bennett will make progress. I think the youth and energy will get them some wins this year. They always say that the team that gets the best player wins the trade, but right now you do not know for sure who the best player will be. You do know who the best player is at the moment.

Hopefully we get our pick.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#520 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Aug 7, 2014 10:50 pm

That's a sweet deal for Minny. Looks like Minny did right and stuck out for Wiggins instead of settling for less.

I'm hoping Bledsoe would be able to net us a deal at least half as good as that.

Return to Phoenix Suns