ImageImageImage

Offseason plan

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,167

Re: Offseason plan 

Post#121 » by bigfoot » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:07 am

DirtyDez wrote:I mentioned on the Laker board...

for

15' pick returned

Some liked it and some didn't. That would leave us with #5 and #18 this year. With the backcourt and center position set I think the Suns could draft two forwards and really complete the core going forward. I would take Vonleh, Randle or Gordon in that scenario.

The problem is the Suns should not wait for a 2014 rookie to become NBA-ready. That could take 2-3 years (ala Markieff). As indicated by McD, the Suns need to pick up a quality all-star level veteran or two in order to become a 55-60 win team. That means those draft picks should be saved for a trade if necessary. Besides the number 5 pick could turn into another Micheal Beasley. Likely to get something that helps the team with three picks instead of 1 high pick.
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,311

Post#122 » by DirtyDez » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:42 am

bigfoot wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:I mentioned on the Laker board...

for

15' pick returned

Some liked it and some didn't. That would leave us with #5 and #18 this year. With the backcourt and center position set I think the Suns could draft two forwards and really complete the core going forward. I would take Vonleh, Randle or Gordon in that scenario.

The problem is the Suns should not wait for a 2014 rookie to become NBA-ready. That could take 2-3 years (ala Markieff). As indicated by McD, the Suns need to pick up a quality all-star level veteran or two in order to become a 55-60 win team. That means those draft picks should be saved for a trade if necessary. Besides the number 5 pick could turn into another Micheal Beasley. Likely to get something that helps the team with three picks instead of 1 high pick.

McDonough said those picks could be used to move up too. If there's not a star available you don't trade the picks to just not have a rookie. Those three guys I mentioned were far advanced than Markieff at the same age.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
MilotheSlayer
Senior
And1: 261

Post#123 » by MilotheSlayer » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:48 am

I want to see us get an athletic 3/4 who can guard both positions well and stretches the floor. Im thinking possibly Chandler Parsons, Harrison Barnes, Deng, or Jeff Green. We could actually play fairly big in some lineups with Bledsoe, Green, FA, Kief/Frye, Plumlee. Could rebound and maybe even contest a few layups.
Sunsdeuce
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,190

Post#124 » by Sunsdeuce » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:37 pm

A player I wouldn't mind seeing on the suns for cheap is a player we have. Okafor (healthy) could help this team. I think we can get him for 3 million a year.
“Cash Considerations” or Bust!

Only a fan of Arizona teams!
CARDINALS
Dbacks
Suns
Coyotes
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#125 » by jcsunsfan » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:24 pm

JDLAW wrote:Stop with the Kevin Love trades. There is almost no chance the T-Wolves will trade him and there is almost no chance he signs an extension with any team. As an artifact of the CBA, his contract situation is better if he becomes a free agent as opposed to an extension. As a consequence, there will be no security for a team that trades for him.

I think it is likely they will trade him. Whether to us or not remains to be seen. If they do not trade him now they will get very little for him later and he WILL leave.
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,542

Post#126 » by Jdiddy701 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:45 pm

Kevin love will probably get traded. And I am 99% sure the Suns will be one of the teams going to be throwing offers to Minnesota.
Sunsdeuce
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,190

Post#127 » by Sunsdeuce » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:25 am

Jdiddy701 wrote:Kevin love will probably get traded. And I am 99% sure the Suns will be one of the teams going to be throwing offers to Minnesota.

You have to make an offer if ur a GM.
“Cash Considerations” or Bust!

Only a fan of Arizona teams!
CARDINALS
Dbacks
Suns
Coyotes
csavage658
Sophomore
And1: 17

Post#128 » by csavage658 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:08 am

If we don't win a top 3 pick, I can definitely see a trade of 14, 17/27, and next year's 1st to move up to get a highly touted player and only have two guaranteed money picks instead of 3 or 4
BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,785

Post#129 » by BobbieL » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:19 pm

Jdiddy701 wrote:Kevin love will probably get traded. And I am 99% sure the Suns will be one of the teams going to be throwing offers to Minnesota.

If the Suns win the lottery - well, top 3 pick - I am sure there will be calls between Minnesota and Phoenx. I think if the Suns get a top 3 pick, McDonough will need more cell phone minutes.

I am not sure what picks it would take to get the top5 if theSuns do not win the lotterybut would love to move up for Gordon
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,911

Post#130 » by Fo-Real » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:40 pm

I think that the plan is to try to trade the 3 picks to get higher or a vet, but if we actually somehow get a top 3 pick.... SCREW MIN.... take the best player available and keep him. Then try to trade the other two this year and maybe next years Faker pick for the vet we need.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#131 » by Kerrsed » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:59 am

Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#132 » by MathiasPW » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:29 pm

I am just gonna drop this here:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... e/8030247/

Not sure if we could even fix a roster like that with cap limits and such.
Notanoob
Analyst
And1: 1,187

Post#133 » by Notanoob » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:09 am

How would you guys feel about swapping your first round picks for Detroit's first? We're already overloaded with PFs on our roster and the best prospects likely to be there at 8 are probably PFs, like Randle, Gordon and Vonleh. As a Pistons fan I'd rather just move down and take a chance on a couple of guys rather than get another forward who's going to be stuck behind Smith and Monroe.
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,311

Post#134 » by DirtyDez » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:33 am

Notanoob wrote:How would you guys feel about swapping your first round picks for Detroit's first? We're already overloaded with PFs on our roster and the best prospects likely to be there at 8 are probably PFs, like Randle, Gordon and Vonleh. As a Pistons fan I'd rather just move down and take a chance on a couple of guys rather than get another forward who's going to be stuck behind Smith and Monroe.

I would probably do it if the right forward is available at #8. Having the Laker pick next year eases the blow of swapping three picks for one right now.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,815

Post#135 » by Saberestar » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:57 am

Notanoob wrote:How would you guys feel about swapping your first round picks for Detroit's first? We're already overloaded with PFs on our roster and the best prospects likely to be there at 8 are probably PFs, like Randle, Gordon and Vonleh. As a Pistons fan I'd rather just move down and take a chance on a couple of guys rather than get another forward who's going to be stuck behind Smith and Monroe.

I would do it. #14 and #18 for #8.
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#136 » by jcsunsfan » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:37 am

Saberestar wrote:

14, 18 and the Minny pick.
asudevil
Analyst
And1: 689

Post#137 » by asudevil » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:46 am

Saberestar wrote:

I feel like this is the most reasonable trade scenario that's been thrown out there, even if it includes Indy's first or the Lakers 2015 2nd.

I do think though that Detroit explores other options first before making a move like this. I see them trying to offload Smith first before trading down to anything. If they can deal Smith and Jennings to NY (the only team that would make a desperate deal for them), then Detroit frees up space to resign Monroe and draft a kid like Smart with their own pick.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#138 » by RunDogGun » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:08 am

asudevil wrote:
Saberestar wrote:

I feel like this is the most reasonable trade scenario that's been thrown out there, even if it includes Indy's first or the Lakers 2015 2nd.

I do think though that Detroit explores other options first before making a move like this. I see them trying to offload Smith first before trading down to anything. If they can deal Smith and Jennings to NY (the only team that would make a desperate deal for them), then Detroit frees up space to resign Monroe and draft a kid like Smart with their own pick.

We don't have the Lakers' second rounder anymore. We traded it in the Bledsoe deal.
Ryu
Bench Warmer
And1: 552

Post#139 » by Ryu » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:36 am

asudevil wrote:
Saberestar wrote:

I`d like to keep Indy pick in case someone slips (I look at you, KJ McDaniels). Pistons can have Minny pick. 14th + 18th + Minny pick = 8th.

Noah Vonleh or Aaron Gordon and KJ McDaniels.
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#140 » by NBAfan3024 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:55 am

Will it be a waste for Suns to target Deng? Will Suns trade the picks for an impact guy? Pau maybe?

Return to Phoenix Suns