LukasBMW
Suns Forum SlamDRUNK Contributor
And1: 4,286

Suns player offseason checklist 

Post#1 » by LukasBMW » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:44 am

Plumlee:
- Gain confidence and work on outside shot
- Dominate summer league
- Take steroids to add 10-15 pounds of muscle (so he doesn't get knocked around)

Len:
- Play in Summer league
- Try to actually play well
- Improve vertical leap to something over 8 inches
- Take steroids and HGH to gain 20-25 pounds because if he is going to be slow, he might as well be huge.

Goodwin
- Gain confidence
- Dominate summer league
- Win the 6th man role in training camp
- Stay away from steroids because he doesn't need it.

Bledsoe
- Sign contact extension
- Work on outside shot
- Keep taking whatever the hell he is taking because it is already working
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,163

Re: Suns player offseason checklist 

Post#2 » by Revived » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:57 am

Bledsoe ought to work on his handles as well.

Dragic can use some work on his FT shooting also.
QuickLikeTheo
Junior
And1: 34

Post#3 » by QuickLikeTheo » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:42 am

Steroids? Lol
swe_suns
Veteran
And1: 561

Post#4 » by swe_suns » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:31 am

bledsoe needs to improve his decision making. he needs to be more effective in the sense that he shouldn't have to dribble the ball 15s ala harden before making a move. less dribbling more action imo.

the only knock on goran is his FT-shooting.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#5 » by MathiasPW » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:20 pm

Len is not slow. He was drafted specifically for his speed to run the court and excellent footwork, plus a decent outside shot, all of which are necessary within the Suns slash and layup or kickout system.

He definitely did not fit in during the season, but that is much more due to restraints on using the ankle and lack of playing/training time than anything else.
Jarlaxle0204
Sixth Man
And1: 2,091

Post#6 » by Jarlaxle0204 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:42 pm

I love how half of your offseason recommendations are to take steroids or HGH. lol
LukasBMW

Post#7 » by LukasBMW » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:55 pm

Jarlaxle0204 wrote:I love how half of your offseason recommendations are to take steroids or HGH. lol

I'm half joking, but I'm also half serious. We've got a few players that would benefit from it.
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#8 » by jcsunsfan » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:48 pm

I have another list, the "sell high" list. These are players whose value might be as high as it is ever going to be and the Suns should really consider steering other teams to them when talking trade:

1. Gerald Green. He has incredible talent and ability but this year was the perfect scenario for him. With Bledsoe out, he got minutes that he never would have gotten. With new players coming through the draft, developing on the roster (Archie), and in free agency, this might have been his shining moment. Other teams in the league have noticed him. He has another year guaranteed at a very low number. Great trade value.

2. PJ Tucker. This season was "the moment" for an overachieving role player. Think a Raja Bell type of career path.

3. Channing Frye. He came back, he is a stretch 4, he is healthy, his deal is only a year longer.

4. Plumlee is a quality role player, but some teams might gamble on perceived starter potential.
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#9 » by thamadkant » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:19 pm

Goodwin is 19 when off-season starts… I dunno bout you guys but 19 year olds are still skinny-ish especially athletes. Its also applicable to Len..

You develop a hard body after years of lean muscle development and usually happens from early 20s until mid 30s. 30 plus, you can still pack on muscles of course, but athleticism goes down… but bulking up is easier (gaining weight in general).

Len needs to add 20-25 pounds, once this guy can plant his feet and box out effectively he would grab 10+ rebounds and not be pushed around. Penetrators will bounce off him instead of him being pushed by the slashers and gets fouled called on him. The stronger you are the more you can keep your vertical position which REFEREES will consider as "good" defence. They usually call fouls when you have more horizontal movement during contact with offensive players.. but if you can hold that vertical stance and prevent horizontal movement… and let offensive players bounce off you, you get away with "good" defence.

Goodwin needs to develop a 3pt… he won't be a sharp shooter, but he needs to be a Lebron, Wade, Kobe etc type 3-pointer… basically "enough" 3pt capabilities for defenders to respect it.
He also needs to add some muscle as mentioned above, but it'll be hard without taking supplements (lol), but he can definitely add leg muscles easily, develop his core strength which is number 1 key physical trait need for swingmen players.
LukasBMW

Post#10 » by LukasBMW » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:38 am

jcsunsfan wrote:I have another list, the "sell high" list. These are players whose value might be as high as it is ever going to be and the Suns should really consider steering other teams to them when talking trade:

1. Gerald Green. He has incredible talent and ability but this year was the perfect scenario for him. With Bledsoe out, he got minutes that he never would have gotten. With new players coming through the draft, developing on the roster (Archie), and in free agency, this might have been his shining moment. Other teams in the league have noticed him. He has another year guaranteed at a very low number. Great trade value.

2. PJ Tucker. This season was "the moment" for an overachieving role player. Think a Raja Bell type of career path.

3. Channing Frye. He came back, he is a stretch 4, he is healthy, his deal is only a year longer.

4. Plumlee is a quality role player, but some teams might gamble on perceived starter potential.

This was basically the rookie year for Plum-dawg. He's shown excellent footwork, excellent work ethic, and great athleticism. I'm very hopeful he keeps improving. If he becomes a better finisher, starts knocking down the 15 footer, and gains some confidence and muscle, he could really be a great player. We need to keep him.

Tucker is easily replaceable in the skills area. He's no Shawn Marion or Dan Marjle. BUT, I think we really need to keep him and Fry just for the locker room aspect. Both Frye and Tucker are intelligent, humble, hard working, and well spoken. We need good role models for our young team.

I like Green. He plays with fire and had a great year. But despite the fact that Ron Artest tweeted that Green is "approaching a top 20 player" (LOL!) I think we need to upgrade our 3 position. As you mentioned, with a healthy Bledsoe and (hopefully) Archie becoming our top bench scorer, Green becomes expendable if the right deal comes along.
schnakenpopanz
General Manager
And1: 2,571

Post#11 » by schnakenpopanz » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:38 pm

Green. Work on your ball handling skills. Work on decision making when to drive, pass and shoot.
free steve nash!

Return to Phoenix Suns