The TJ Warren Thread!

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

BVPN
Sixth Man
And1: 292

Re: The Official TJ Warren Thread! 

Post#81 » by BVPN » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:57 am

BurningHeart wrote:
Bulk wrote:I take LaVine reaction as a compliment to be honest with you, he surely wanted to be a Suns player and I believe we are the right fit for him like he probably thinks as well. It's good to be wanted, it's a sign that current FO/coaching staff/players effort and culture is recognized.

But I'm not sure if we'd take him if he was available @14. Guess we'll never know.

How could you possibly assume these things?

This, and acting like a bitch, even if it's because you want to come to phx, is a bad sign personality wise. Eric Gordon for instance. I'm glad we didn't sign him, it's not good to have a guy who quits so hard when things don't go his way.
DFC Pride

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,424

Post#82 » by Revived » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:21 am

This is the NBA. Its all about players whining and complaining and leaving when the going gets tough.
charley barkles
Senior
And1: 213

Post#83 » by charley barkles » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:31 am

SF88 wrote:
charley barkles wrote:I'm not worried about his 3pt percentage. It's not hard to develop a decent corner 3, which is all we really need... (See Jared Dudley and PJ Tucker). Then again, Grant Hill never really developed that part of his game.

I think with Hornacek and how young Warren is, he should be able to add that to his game.

No one is really talking about this, but I'm excited about his 7 rebounds and 2 steals per game.

Someone wrote it somewhere, but I can't remember where (I feel like all I've been doing is reading suns info the last few days)... But his game kind of reflects Cedric Ceballos.

He might not be the leader Tucker is, but I think he will be a big upgrade talent wise on all levels.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app

No we really need much more from our SF than just corner 3s. If you watched even a bit of last season, the fact that we had the most offensive adept starting forwards in the West was one of the reasons we fell short of making playoffs despite guys like Dragic, Bledsoe, Green and Kieff all having career years.

I want a SF that can actually be relied on to score other just chucking corner 3s and I hope Warren is able to provide that.

You missed my point. He can do everything but hit 3's right now. I did watch "a bit of last season" - That's why I said he will be an upgrade to Tucker.

my post about the corner 3 was to say that's all he needs to do to help with spacing, which is what some posters here are concerned about.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer
And1: 5,479

Post#84 » by gaspar » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:45 am

SF88 wrote:
Fo-Real wrote:Rewatching the draft.... two things that stand out to me at second glance. One is actually how BAD Lavine reaction is to getting picked by the wolves.... its EPIC..... actually says f me before hugging the first dude..... oh my god when getting his hat as the lady nervously tries to get him to act right..... then f me again before shaking the last guys hand at the table on his right.... the reactions on the faces of the people at tables around him is epic!! Second, I think David West was at the table with TJ Warren..... was the last dude to hug him before he is ushered off to the stage! Good person to learn work ethic from.

David West is his mentor.

Here's a good article about Warren and West:
Spoiler:
David West Plays Vital Role In Helping T.J. Warren Realize NBA Dream

History was made on Thursday night when the Phoenix Suns selected T.J. Warren with the 14th overall pick. Warren, a 6-foot-8 forward out of N.C. State, is the first player drafted that worked directly with David West through his AAU Garner Road Basketball Club program.

Warren, who was invited by the NBA to sit in the green room, had the support of his mentor on the special night. West lends a hand, and ear, to players in the family program during the season while his older brother, Dwayne, runs the AAU club.

During the summer, West instills strong values -- in basketball and life -- in the youngsters enrolled in the program. If you go to the Garner Road website, the first thing you are greeted by is the motto: “No Books, No Ball.”

Warren declared for the draft after a sophomore season in which he was named the ACC Player of the Year and a Second Team Associated Press All-American. He has been lauded as having one of the most polished offensive games in a very deep draft class.

The Suns were one of the teams that worked Warren out and he felt as though he performed well in front of the team’s decision-makers. He couldn’t be sure where he’d go, but Phoenix was a logical landing spot.

“I felt like I had strong workouts. The Phoenix Suns were one of my best workouts,” Warren said after being drafted. “I did a lot of great things there, and it showed today. I’m very fortunate to be in this position.”

Warren has West to thank for helping him realize his dream. West has been a part of Warren’s life for nearly half of it.

“David has been a mentor to me since a very young age,” the 20-year-old said. “Since I was 10 years old, just learning from him, from his game. It means a lot to me.”

The importance of the moment wasn’t lost on West, who was drafted 18th overall by the New Orleans Hornets in 2003. Warren spent several summers away from his family and in the care of West’s as he worked towards his basketball goals.

“It’s a pretty special moment. We’ve had T.J. since he was 11, his parents trusted us with him,” West told RealGM on Thursday night. “They trusted us during the summer to stay on him. They gave us a lot of leeway with him in terms of pushing him. This is something he’s talked about since he was a little kid. Something he’s worked his butt off for; it’s great that it happen for him.”

Not only has Warren achieved his goal, but Phoenix’s system also suits his game extremely well. The Suns like to score and Warren can do that in bunches.

“I think my style of play fits very well,” Warren said. “I like to get up in transition for easy baskets, running the floor very hard. Their style of play matches my style of play. So it’s a perfect fit.”

West agreed.

“Perfect,” he said of the match. “They’re an open, run-and-gun system. Very good offensively, one of the highest scoring teams in the league. He’s the best scorer in this draft, so he’s going to fit in perfectly with what they do.”

Warren was one of the first players West was able to take under his wing early on. The two have maintained a close relationship as Warren has grown up and West has moved through what is now an 11-year professional career.

“Everyday I’m there for him, even now,” West said. “I stay in his ear everyday, keeping his mind in the right direction in terms of making sure he remains focused. Early on with him, I was with the Hornets and we weren’t making the playoffs so I was with him from April all the way through to the end of September. We had three or four years like that and they paid off for him.

“Just his hard work, him being a basketball guy. He’s a basketball junkie. He doesn’t have a whole lot of things going on outside. He’s got his family, a very small circle. He’s going to make the transition well. This is something we’ve been talking about since he was a young, young kid.”

The Suns drafted Warren in large part because of his work on the court, but West believes that success will come at the next level because of how strong he is mentally. It’s not surprising given the tenacity the mentor as brought to floor since he was Warren’s age.

“He has it up here,” West said, pointing to his head. “He’s constantly grinding, pushing himself. He pushed himself all the way to this level.”

In many ways, Thursday night could be a stepping-stone for the AAU Garner Road Basketball Club, but the program’s guiding influence insists that he won’t use Warren as a promotional tool. Still, guiding a player from his pre-pubescent years through to high school, college and ultimately the NBA is bound to get the attention of young players and those around them.

“We don’t really look at it like that. We are basically looking at it as just the beginning. We are invested in terms of these young people,” West vowed. “That’s my passion. That’s just what we do, my brother, we ultimately want to guide these kids and give them whatever we can in terms of what we’ve learned. Basketball is just a tool; it’s just a vehicle to reach these young people. T.J. is one of those guys that bought in right away; he’s a listener. Once he gets comfortable and opens up, anything that I would tell him when he was younger he took it to heart because I was where he eventually wanted to be.”

It seems likely that we’ll see West at future NBA drafts, supporting more young talent he has helped guide.

Are there more T.J. Warrens in the Garner Road pipeline?

“Oh yeah,” West said with a smile.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,693

Post#85 » by Qwigglez » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:26 am

After reviewing Warren's draftexpress scouting video, I concluded that...
He definitely needs to work on his shooting mechanics. I'm happy we have Jeff Hornacek as a coach. The good thing however is, despite such low percentages, he still actually made some of those shots, with his feet set, arms in perfect position, and his head set I imagine his shooting percentage will skyrocket.
I like Warren's old school style of play, and I hope he develops nicely for us.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#86 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:54 am

gaspar wrote:
SF88 wrote:
Fo-Real wrote:Rewatching the draft.... two things that stand out to me at second glance. One is actually how BAD Lavine reaction is to getting picked by the wolves.... its EPIC..... actually says f me before hugging the first dude..... oh my god when getting his hat as the lady nervously tries to get him to act right..... then f me again before shaking the last guys hand at the table on his right.... the reactions on the faces of the people at tables around him is epic!! Second, I think David West was at the table with TJ Warren..... was the last dude to hug him before he is ushered off to the stage! Good person to learn work ethic from.

David West is his mentor.

Here's a good article about Warren and West:
Spoiler:
David West Plays Vital Role In Helping T.J. Warren Realize NBA Dream

History was made on Thursday night when the Phoenix Suns selected T.J. Warren with the 14th overall pick. Warren, a 6-foot-8 forward out of N.C. State, is the first player drafted that worked directly with David West through his AAU Garner Road Basketball Club program.

Warren, who was invited by the NBA to sit in the green room, had the support of his mentor on the special night. West lends a hand, and ear, to players in the family program during the season while his older brother, Dwayne, runs the AAU club.

During the summer, West instills strong values -- in basketball and life -- in the youngsters enrolled in the program. If you go to the Garner Road website, the first thing you are greeted by is the motto: “No Books, No Ball.”

Warren declared for the draft after a sophomore season in which he was named the ACC Player of the Year and a Second Team Associated Press All-American. He has been lauded as having one of the most polished offensive games in a very deep draft class.

The Suns were one of the teams that worked Warren out and he felt as though he performed well in front of the team’s decision-makers. He couldn’t be sure where he’d go, but Phoenix was a logical landing spot.

“I felt like I had strong workouts. The Phoenix Suns were one of my best workouts,” Warren said after being drafted. “I did a lot of great things there, and it showed today. I’m very fortunate to be in this position.”

Warren has West to thank for helping him realize his dream. West has been a part of Warren’s life for nearly half of it.

“David has been a mentor to me since a very young age,” the 20-year-old said. “Since I was 10 years old, just learning from him, from his game. It means a lot to me.”

The importance of the moment wasn’t lost on West, who was drafted 18th overall by the New Orleans Hornets in 2003. Warren spent several summers away from his family and in the care of West’s as he worked towards his basketball goals.

“It’s a pretty special moment. We’ve had T.J. since he was 11, his parents trusted us with him,” West told RealGM on Thursday night. “They trusted us during the summer to stay on him. They gave us a lot of leeway with him in terms of pushing him. This is something he’s talked about since he was a little kid. Something he’s worked his butt off for; it’s great that it happen for him.”

Not only has Warren achieved his goal, but Phoenix’s system also suits his game extremely well. The Suns like to score and Warren can do that in bunches.

“I think my style of play fits very well,” Warren said. “I like to get up in transition for easy baskets, running the floor very hard. Their style of play matches my style of play. So it’s a perfect fit.”

West agreed.

“Perfect,” he said of the match. “They’re an open, run-and-gun system. Very good offensively, one of the highest scoring teams in the league. He’s the best scorer in this draft, so he’s going to fit in perfectly with what they do.”

Warren was one of the first players West was able to take under his wing early on. The two have maintained a close relationship as Warren has grown up and West has moved through what is now an 11-year professional career.

“Everyday I’m there for him, even now,” West said. “I stay in his ear everyday, keeping his mind in the right direction in terms of making sure he remains focused. Early on with him, I was with the Hornets and we weren’t making the playoffs so I was with him from April all the way through to the end of September. We had three or four years like that and they paid off for him.

“Just his hard work, him being a basketball guy. He’s a basketball junkie. He doesn’t have a whole lot of things going on outside. He’s got his family, a very small circle. He’s going to make the transition well. This is something we’ve been talking about since he was a young, young kid.”

The Suns drafted Warren in large part because of his work on the court, but West believes that success will come at the next level because of how strong he is mentally. It’s not surprising given the tenacity the mentor as brought to floor since he was Warren’s age.

“He has it up here,” West said, pointing to his head. “He’s constantly grinding, pushing himself. He pushed himself all the way to this level.”

In many ways, Thursday night could be a stepping-stone for the AAU Garner Road Basketball Club, but the program’s guiding influence insists that he won’t use Warren as a promotional tool. Still, guiding a player from his pre-pubescent years through to high school, college and ultimately the NBA is bound to get the attention of young players and those around them.

“We don’t really look at it like that. We are basically looking at it as just the beginning. We are invested in terms of these young people,” West vowed. “That’s my passion. That’s just what we do, my brother, we ultimately want to guide these kids and give them whatever we can in terms of what we’ve learned. Basketball is just a tool; it’s just a vehicle to reach these young people. T.J. is one of those guys that bought in right away; he’s a listener. Once he gets comfortable and opens up, anything that I would tell him when he was younger he took it to heart because I was where he eventually wanted to be.”

It seems likely that we’ll see West at future NBA drafts, supporting more young talent he has helped guide.

Are there more T.J. Warrens in the Garner Road pipeline?

“Oh yeah,” West said with a smile.

That was the first I had heard about the West connection and not that I didn't like the pick before but reading that made me more excited about Warren. West is a tough no nonsense type of dude who's a true professional. Good role model to have. Warren seems like a really level headed mature dude who should adapt well to being a professional. Would be awesome if he brought some David West level toughness in a couple years when he establishes himself.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Bulk
Junior
And1: 30

Post#87 » by Bulk » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:32 am

BurningHeart wrote:
Bulk wrote:I take LaVine reaction as a compliment to be honest with you, he surely wanted to be a Suns player and I believe we are the right fit for him like he probably thinks as well. It's good to be wanted, it's a sign that current FO/coaching staff/players effort and culture is recognized.

But I'm not sure if we'd take him if he was available @14. Guess we'll never know.

How could you possibly assume these things?

Of course I am not absolutely sure, this relies on the field of speculation. But the signs given lead to that conclusion. Multiple workouts for the Suns (2 I believe), his camp assuming he wouldn't past @14, how he liked the fit with Suns system, etc. He did not work for Atlanta or Chicago, so I don't see any other realistic target beside us.
Blackification
Head Coach
And1: 2,229

Post#88 » by Blackification » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:53 pm

This is a great article about Warren and West

Spoiler:
With all due respect to the Indiana Pacers and their No. 57th pick tonight, forward David West will not be paying attention to that late selection as he sits inside Barclays Center for the 2014 NBA Draft.

Instead, West will be in attendance for a special reason. North Carolina State's T.J. Warren, a projected first-round pick who was invited to sit in the green room tonight, played his youth career in West's family AAU Garner Road Basketball Club program. Thursday will make history for West and the program as Warren will become the first player whom he directly mentored to make it to the NBA.

West confirmed with The Star that he will be in attendance, making good on plans that he set even back in March as Warren was becoming the ACC Player of the Year. Believe it or not, when Warren earned that honor, West - who has the personality that he wrestles bears for kicks and giggles - was so proud that he said he nearly got a little misty eyed. For West, that's the equivalent to a flood of tears.

"I've been working with T.J. since he was 11 or 12," West said. "Once I got into the NBA and realized ... you can really go into the gym and have an impact on these kids and then it's a trip because once you see them (get) better."

Older brother, Dwayne, runs the AAU operation throughout the year while West is away. However, every summer after the end of his season, West packs up and returns home to work with the kids.

"He used to show us his sweet spots on the floor, the mid range to the high post and those are the easiest places to score when you don't have a layup. He used to show us a lot of his moves, so it was good to learn from that," said Warren, who calls his mentor simply 'Dave.' "When I was young I used to have the habit of having the game get away and not keeping my aggressiveness through the whole game. I had a bad habit of shooting threes and not attacking the rim. Dave told me about more effort on the defensive end."

West has often even traveled with the team to out-of-state tournaments. Back in March, West told this story of the turning point for a young T.J....

"When he was 14, we were in Florida and we played and for some reason he just wasn't playing (well). We ended up losing in the final eight or something and my brother and I are standing there and there's a scout that walks by. He's like, yeah, man, you guys got a heck of a team if you could find some pieces to go around this other kid who was NOT our best player but he had a good game. And so the scout dude walks up and says 'if you could find some players to play with that kid...' I looked at my brother and simultaneously T.J. walked by and I grabbed him. I mean, I just grabbed him! Yanked his (tail) up and went up into the stands and I sat down with him and I said, 'T.J., if you ever do this again, I will kill you!' He was like, what are you talking about? (I told him) 'You don't ever leave the floor without people knowing that you're the best basketball player on the court.' He was clearly the best ball player there, period. But he didn't know how to just show it every single time. That's when he was 14. It literally blew my mind that he had been that invisible on the floor.

'You've got this opportunity to become a great player and every time you step on the floor, there should be no question about your ability, about what you can do and how well you play the game. That was sort of his turning moment because the very next summer, he went to Florida and we won the national showcase. He went crazy. That dude, I mean, he just started taking off. At that moment, me and my brother were like, this dude - he started growing, he started dunking. He just became himself. It's going to be a very fulfilling moment when he gets an opportunity to get to this level. It'll be very, very emotional moment for us. He's just somebody that, not only me but my brother, we put a lot of time into T.J."

Although Washington Wizards All-Star John Wall had early ties to the Garner Road program, West did not directly work with Wall. His presence with the program truly started with Warren's generation, that includes NC State's Terry Henderson and recent Kansas recruit Devonte Graham.

"That will be a very proud time for me," West said about Warren's pending draft. "To me that's the most fulfilling thing that I do. Other than raising my own kids. That's the most fulfilling thing that I do is really helping change these kids and helping mold them into basketball players and helping develop them as people and positive people. Trying to show them a different look."

"This is a guy that we invested a lot of time in, not because it was up to us but because (Warren) wanted it."

http://www.indystar.com/story/insider/2 ... /11397021/

Bolded part was extra awesome. West is a hard worker and it seems like Warren learned a lot of good things from him
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer
And1: 5,479

Post#89 » by gaspar » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:26 pm

Don't Sleep on Warren's 'Underrated' Defense

Spoiler:
Last season’s Suns team was defined by a collective chip on its shoulder that came from different sources.

Gerald Green wasn’t “just a dunker”. Eric Bledsoe wasn’t “just a backup.” P.J. Tucker wasn’t “just a defender.”

All three – along with most of their teammates – showed they had much more to offer. Green was Phoenix’s one-man heat check. Bledsoe flourished as a do-it-all starter. Tucker turned into an analytics dream by adding the corner three to his arsenal.

Phoenix has made a point of identifying under-utilized talent and allowing it to flourish in the desert. They feel the process will repeat itself with TJ Warren.

When the Suns took the North Carolina State standout 14th overall in last week’s draft, the same scouting report seemed to come from multiple talking heads.

“Great scorer. Can he defend?”

Phoenix’s answers: “Definitely. Yes.”

The Suns’ front office and coaching staff already had their list of question marks ready before Warren worked out not once, but twice in the Valley. He had already showed up on the Suns’ scouting radar thanks to his “unique” knack for scoring, which produced nearly 25 points per game in the brutal Atlantic Coast Conference.

Head Coach Jeff Hornacek wanted to see his work on t eh other end of the floor.

“The question for him isn’t the scoring part of it, it’s the defense,” he said at the time.

Warren knew he’d need to address that to cement his status as a borderline lottery pick. He made a point of attacking his defensive assignment in the scrimmage portions of the workout, using the same combination of speed and size that gives him such an advantage on the offensive end.

That made it even less of a debate to select Warren when the Suns were on the clock at No. 14 last Thursday.

“In one of our drills, it was a mix [of matchups],” Hornacek said. “One time he guarded a point guard. Next time it was a forward. The next time it was a center who tried to back him down.”

“He stopped all three of them.”

Again, Warren’s physique lends above-average potential on defense. He made a point to shed double-digit pounds heading into his sophomore season at N.C. State, but he’s retained the natural solidness of his frame. Combine that with his height (6-8), and it’s doubtful any small forwards will attempt to back him down, much less be successful.

He’s equally prepared for speedier counterparts. At the NBA Draft Combine in Chicago, Warren tied for second among small forwards in the lane agility drill, ahead of supposedly more athletic prospects such as Duke’s Rodney Hood and Syracuse’s Jerami Grant. Ditto in the shuttle run (second).

It helps that those physical tools are backed up by his desire to prove he’s more than “just a scorer.”

“I’m just going to bring 100 percent effort on the defensive end,” Warren said. “I feel like I’m pretty underrated on the defensive end.”

jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#90 » by jcsunsfan » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:45 pm

Loved TJ's production in the first game. He just seems to score easily. He is playing just like he did in college. He seems to have the ability to play his game regardless of the competition (so far). I am trying to not get too optimistic, but I have watched alot of rookies in summer league over the years and this kid has something in the way he carries himself. Its not arrogant, its not hesitant. He just know who he is and is going to go out and do it no matter who he plays against.
JTrain
Starter
And1: 1,012

Post#91 » by JTrain » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:36 am

Wow we should've traded this guy when I said. Injury prone and peaked yesterday. Could've probably got Wiggins or Love.
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru
And1: 6,029

Post#92 » by NTB » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:40 am

What is the situation of his injury?
carey wrote:It is 2-time, every time.
SSOL
Bench Warmer
And1: 436

Post#93 » by SSOL » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:54 pm

JTrain wrote:Wow we should've traded this guy when I said. Injury prone and peaked yesterday. Could've probably got Wiggins or Love.

?..................................He got a cut on his eye.
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#94 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:55 pm

SSOL wrote:
JTrain wrote:Wow we should've traded this guy when I said. Injury prone and peaked yesterday. Could've probably got Wiggins or Love.

?..................................He got a cut on his eye.

I think it was a joke, referencing posters' assessment of Alex Len's broken finger. :wink:
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru
And1: 6,029

Post#95 » by NTB » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:07 pm

So will Warren play next game?
carey wrote:It is 2-time, every time.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#96 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:26 pm

I never read too much into summer league but I have to say it looks like the suns might have found a good one in Warren. He really has a good feel for the game.

Sent from my SM-N900V using RealGM Forums mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
PhxSunsFan1234
Sophomore
And1: 55

Post#97 » by PhxSunsFan1234 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:00 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:I never read too much into summer league but I have to say it looks like the suns might have found a good one in Warren. He really has a good feel for the game.

Sent from my SM-N900V using RealGM Forums mobile app

I'm the same way. I always take it with a grain of salt (although it does show how much a year in the NBA usually does when you see some of the leading scorers being 2nd year players). But Warren has shown in college he has an ability to score the ball. He's now shown in summer league he can do it. Obviously big jump to the NBA and regular season, but the guy seems to just have a special skill to score the ball uniquely. I'm sure (hopeful is better word choice) with time he can develop somewhat of a 3-point shot. But he shoots the ball effectively, at a high rate (whether it be a good shot or bad shot) and is consistent. I'm excited to see him play against real talent and see if he can still do what he does.

This could be the pick and player we've been looking for. Could easily play small small small ball and go lineup of

Thomas
Bledsoe
Dragic
Warren
Kieff

RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN
PhxSunsFan1234
Sophomore
And1: 55

Post#98 » by PhxSunsFan1234 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:03 pm

jcsunsfan wrote:Loved TJ's production in the first game. He just seems to score easily. He is playing just like he did in college. He seems to have the ability to play his game regardless of the competition (so far). I am trying to not get too optimistic, but I have watched alot of rookies in summer league over the years and this kid has something in the way he carries himself. Its not arrogant, its not hesitant. He just know who he is and is going to go out and do it no matter who he plays against.

I like that he's a quiet, do his job type player. Shows no emotion really, doesn't like the camera or spotlight, just likes to go to work and put in the work. LOVE players like that.

His scoring habits are definitely unique and we'll see how the transition to the NBA against C's such as DeAndre Jordan, Tim Duncan, Tyson Chandler, etc, but he's shooting almost 60% in summer league and with the exception of his 2pt injury game, he'd be averaging over 20ppg on 60% shooting. Pretty incredible.
LukasBMW
Suns Forum SlamDRUNK Contributor
And1: 4,286

Post#99 » by LukasBMW » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:59 pm

I have not been able to watch summer league.

How is Warren doing compared to the other hyped up rookies? Is he really one of the top players in summer league?
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,723

Post#100 » by sunsbum » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:46 am

Well he's avging 20 ppg with a 7 min 4 pt performance so there's that :)
Flex is now your father.

Return to Phoenix Suns