The TJ Warren Thread!

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Re: The TJ Warren Thread! 

Post#581 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Fri Mar 3, 2017 8:23 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:After the All-Star break numbers for Warren...

18.3 ppg
6.8 rpg
1.3 apg
1 spg

He is playing 34.5 mpg and shooting an outstanding 67 percent from the field (35/52).

Yes, he has been one of the, if not THE biggest reasons our overall fg% increases and we have such great runs. Another you thing you might notice is he RARELY turns the ball over, which is nice to have from someone on this team. He is a very high iq player. I shudder at the thought of keeping more lower iq players like Chriss' over a player like TJ. I do like Chriss, but TJ is often too much of an afterthought.

It's funny you say Chriss has Low BBIQ. Seems quite the opposite to me. He just hasn't received quite as much education as the rest of our guys.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,377

Post#582 » by bwgood77 » Fri Mar 3, 2017 8:31 pm

cosmofizzo wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

18.3 ppg
6.8 rpg
1.3 apg
1 spg

He is playing 34.5 mpg and shooting an outstanding 67 percent from the field (35/52).

Yes, he has been one of the, if not THE biggest reasons our overall fg% increases and we have such great runs. Another you thing you might notice is he RARELY turns the ball over, which is nice to have from someone on this team. He is a very high iq player. I shudder at the thought of keeping more lower iq players like Chriss' over a player like TJ. I do like Chriss, but TJ is often too much of an afterthought.

It's funny you say Chriss has Low BBIQ. Seems quite the opposite to me. He just hasn't received quite as much education as the rest of our guys.
it's certainly improving and it wasn't expected to be too high given his time having played basketball coming in.
carey
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,934

Re: RE: Re: The TJ Warren Thread! 

Post#583 » by carey » Sat Mar 4, 2017 1:27 am

Saberestar wrote:
carey wrote:Does Warren become the first player to receive an extension under McDonough?

The MoBros received their extensions under McDonough.

I consider those Babby's extensions and they weren't drafted under McDonough.
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,310

Post#584 » by DirtyDez » Mon Mar 6, 2017 6:23 am

His 3pt shot has gone in the tank. Hit 6 of last 42 attempts. Everything else is looking good.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,145

Post#585 » by Frank Lee » Tue Mar 7, 2017 3:36 pm

cosmofizzo wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

18.3 ppg
6.8 rpg
1.3 apg
1 spg

Not advocating, but I'd put TJ on the the top of the list to be traded. From an outside GM looking in, he looks like a can't miss contributor, that if packaged with a pick, would deflect immediate criticism. Going to wad some panties around here if/when it happens. This 'playing the youngsters to see what we have' is also a way to display our assets to the rest of the league.
What ? Me Worry ?
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,638

Post#586 » by Qwigglez » Wed Mar 8, 2017 9:50 am

DirtyDez wrote:His 3pt shot has gone in the tank. Hit 6 of last 42 attempts. Everything else is looking good.

He's probably growing or working out so much that it's affecting his shot. :nod:
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,801

Post#587 » by Saberestar » Thu Mar 9, 2017 3:39 pm

It was an instant classic, always is a good moment to remember this interview:
:)

ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager

Post#588 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Thu Mar 9, 2017 4:13 pm

Qwigglez wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:His 3pt shot has gone in the tank. Hit 6 of last 42 attempts. Everything else is looking good.

He's probably growing or working out so much that it's affecting his shot. :nod:

I don't think it's a coincidence that his mid-range and floater game fell off as his 3FG% increased, and I don't think it's a coincidence that his mid-range and floater game has returned as his 3FG% decreased. They were having him work on his form, and that change screwed with his game. Now he's playing his game, and that game does not include a whole of three point field goals.
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 5,983

Post#589 » by kennydorglas » Thu Mar 9, 2017 5:42 pm

Saberestar wrote:It was an instant classic, always is a good moment to remember this interview:

TJ is the best hahah
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Post#590 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 11:29 pm

Saberestar wrote:It was an instant classic, always is a good moment to remember this interview:

That was so awkward. The interviewer wasn't very good either FWIW.

This android has done well to replicate human feelings. I guess robotics isn't quite there yet
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#591 » by Qwigglez » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:36 am

Warren is looking really really good. Would you guys say you are comfortable with him being our starter going forward? He seems capable of being that 20/6.5/1.5 kind of guy with good efficiency. Just let him play his game and don't force him to be a spot-up three point shooter because he just doesn't have that in his arsenal. I do hope he learns to at least shoot the corner three like PJ was able to.
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru
And1: 6,029

Post#592 » by NTB » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:36 pm

carey wrote:It is 2-time, every time.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#593 » by Qwigglez » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:12 pm

Does anyone know anything more about Warren's situation? I'm thinking of dropping him for my fantasy team as I need some points, in super desperation mode, but would like to hold him if he may play Sunday.
Weemsickew14
Sophomore
And1: 196

Post#594 » by Weemsickew14 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:57 am

According to Nashty & Cactus, T.J. had the best season out of anyone on the team. In my opinion, we should re-sign him to whatever he wants and start him for many years to come. He is so efficient and sticks to his game. I can see him scoring 20pts easily on efficient shooting for quite some time...
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager

Post#595 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:37 am

Weemsickew14 wrote:According to Nashty & Cactus, T.J. had the best season out of anyone on the team. In my opinion, we should re-sign him to whatever he wants and start him for many years to come. He is so efficient and sticks to his game. I can see him scoring 20pts easily on efficient shooting for quite some time...

I like TJ a lot, but I'm not THAT impressed. Thing is, he can really ONLY score easily, which is why if he tries to score more than a point every two minutes or so, he gets inefficient. Can't carry a team or take over a game. Not a vocal leader. Good hands, now a solid rebounder. But he hasn't shown the ability to fill it up or create much for others. I like his coolness on the court and the unique way in which he impacts a game, but he's not a max level player. Maybe he'll get paid the max, but I'm not even sure his optimal role is as a starter.
Voldemort
Freshman
And1: 31

Post#596 » by Voldemort » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:58 am

Qwigglez wrote:Warren is looking really really good. Would you guys say you are comfortable with him being our starter going forward? He seems capable of being that 20/6.5/1.5 kind of guy with good efficiency. Just let him play his game and don't force him to be a spot-up three point shooter because he just doesn't have that in his arsenal. I do hope he learns to at least shoot the corner three like PJ was able to.

Most starting SFs in the NBA today on good teams can either play elite defense or shoot the 3 ball well...or both. Warren hasn't mastered either one yet, would be a bit of a gamble to give him top $$ without it.

Defense wise, he doesn't have a long wingspan or ideal athleticism to be elite defensively imo.

That said, he's an amazing scorer and he's getting better at rebounding. Sort of a tricky situation with Warren becoming a FA after next season.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,801

Post#597 » by Saberestar » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:42 pm

cosmofizzo wrote:
Weemsickew14 wrote:According to Nashty & Cactus, T.J. had the best season out of anyone on the team. In my opinion, we should re-sign him to whatever he wants and start him for many years to come. He is so efficient and sticks to his game. I can see him scoring 20pts easily on efficient shooting for quite some time...

I like TJ a lot, but I'm not THAT impressed. Thing is, he can really ONLY score easily, which is why if he tries to score more than a point every two minutes or so, he gets inefficient. Can't carry a team or take over a game. Not a vocal leader. Good hands, now a solid rebounder. But he hasn't shown the ability to fill it up or create much for others. I like his coolness on the court and the unique way in which he impacts a game, but he's not a max level player. Maybe he'll get paid the max, but I'm not even sure his optimal role is as a starter.

In that regard he reminds me of Grant Hill when he played for us. And I love that.

He can create his own shot easily in the mid range game but if he does not have it he just pass the ball and the team resets the play. I see that like an advantage, not an issue.

He can not take a bad shot, it is in his DNA.
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,691

Post#598 » by sunsbum » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:29 pm

Frank Lee wrote:
cosmofizzo wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Not advocating, but I'd put TJ on the the top of the list to be traded. From an outside GM looking in, he looks like a can't miss contributor, that if packaged with a pick, would deflect immediate criticism. Going to wad some panties around here if/when it happens. This 'playing the youngsters to see what we have' is also a way to display our assets to the rest of the league.
you want to trade Warren and build around Bledsoe..Yea that's that's going to wad some panties.
Flex is now your father.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,145

Post#599 » by Frank Lee » Mon Apr 3, 2017 2:58 pm

I dont know.... just looking at what is as likely as any other scenario. seems like some roster moves have to be made. And if I was looking at dudes on the suns who might be had, I'd certainly target Warren. Dealing Bled would be a major shake up, but could be necessary (eventually) if we go PG in this draft.

McDo has shown each year he can and will make moves. Hasn't always worked out so may be thats a vote for stand pat and proceed with just a rook pick or two. The rosters are expanding to accommodate a couple extra guys aren't they?
What ? Me Worry ?
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#600 » by jcsunsfan » Mon Apr 3, 2017 4:34 pm

Frank Lee wrote:
cosmofizzo wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

He is a candidate for trade if we draft Jackson, just like Bledsoe is a candidate for trade if we draft Ball or Fultz. I am not sure it needs to happen right away. Its probably worth making sure the young guys have the goods.

Return to Phoenix Suns