Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Re: Suns Acquire Isaiah Thomas- 4 years, 27 million 

Post#241 » by jcsunsfan » Fri Aug 1, 2014 7:02 pm

aIvin adams wrote:interview w Isaiah from Sactown Royalty of sbnation

http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2014/7/31 ... From-Kings

What have the Suns told you about how you can fit it in with what they are trying to do there?

If Bledsoe comes back, basically it's a three-guard rotation. They said ‘you're going to have a big role in whatever we do,' and that's what I wanted most, I wanted to be a big part of something. And I know they won 48 games last year, they were one game out of the NBA playoffs, and that's big. And I told them, when it comes to winning, I'll set everything aside because at the end of the day, you're judged by how many wins you have and how far you can take your basketball team. So like I said, if Eric Bledsoe does come back it'll be a three-guard rotation with us playing, they said there will always be two of us on the floor. They didn't really say nothing about starting or coming off the bench and I'm happy with that. They didn't tell me what I wanted to hear, ‘you're going to start from day one,' no, you're going to come in and compete and you're going to have a big role on this team.

How do you see it working? You guys are all three different types of players.

I think it's going to be good because, like you said, we're all three different basketball players. We don't do really nothing the same other than me and Dragic being left handed. We attack very differently, we're very aggressive in our different ways and we go about our games a lot different, so I think it is going to be tough for teams to guard that because you can't really scout three, aggressive, good guards that are proven in the NBA.

some other interesting tidbits about the kings' locker room, boogie's leadership, etc. nothing major but nice interview for those wondering how an above average PG fell into our lap for avg salary.

I think the fact that he says "if Bledsoe come back" two separate times. The thought that Eric might not come back was part if the discussion obviously.
sdballer
Senior
And1: 269

Post#242 » by sdballer » Fri Aug 1, 2014 11:30 pm

I'm very curious to watch how this board reacts to IT's game/impact once the season starts.
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru
And1: 6,029

Post#243 » by NTB » Sun Aug 3, 2014 8:48 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Isaiah_Thomas2/status/495250207232118784[/tweet]

Lol :lol:
carey wrote:It is 2-time, every time.
Superbone
Sophomore
And1: 65

Post#244 » by Superbone » Sun Aug 3, 2014 11:26 pm

Yummy! Thanks a lot for making me hungry.
JTrain
Starter
And1: 1,012

Post#245 » by JTrain » Thu Aug 7, 2014 12:00 am

Question to the smart ones that know how to watch and analyze a player's defense: What are IT's specific issues and are they correctable or more physical limitations?

If Bledsoe gets shipped I think guard defense becomes a glaring weakness.
sdballer
Senior
And1: 269

Post#246 » by sdballer » Thu Aug 7, 2014 4:36 am

JTrain wrote:Question to the smart ones that know how to watch and analyze a player's defense: What are IT's specific issues and are they correctable or more physical limitations?

If Bledsoe gets shipped I think guard defense becomes a glaring weakness.

He struggles to get through screens and then recovers poorly. He also has difficulty playing team defense as his rotations are weak. He's strong and quick but his size is always going to be an issue and his effort on the defensive end is inconsistent.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,145

Post#247 » by Frank Lee » Thu Aug 7, 2014 12:59 pm

Well, its obvious he wasn't brought on for his defense. But at least it is something he can improve upon.

I think this guy is a piece that echoes Hornicek's desire to score 110+ per night. Hornecek's challenge will be to find the right combination of players for both units. He has many interchangeable parts to mesh together.
What ? Me Worry ?
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,328

Post#248 » by TASTIC » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:31 pm

Going to unsticky this thing...hasn't been a post on here for a couple of weeks...
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer
And1: 5,479

Post#249 » by gaspar » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:07 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NBAcom/status/504453332887285760[/tweet]
Sun Scorched
Lead Assistant
And1: 280

Post#250 » by Sun Scorched » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:47 pm

Watched that for the second time gaspar - good stuff - thanks for posting.

I think Thomas may already be my #2 favorite behind Dragic. Also love the fact that he was the 60th pick and has played better basketball than probably 50 players taken ahead of him.

It's an important story, I think, to look at Thomas and say "What makes him better than those guys drafted ahead of him."

It sounds like hard work and determination, in spite of his physical limitations (which you know he has been used against him his entire life), combined with a level head and passion for life have served him well. He may not have signed a max deal this offseason, but $27m guaranteed is better than 99.9% of what the rest of us ever accomplish.

Congrats Isaiah - looking forward to seeing you lace up in the desert.
On Steve Nash:
G35 wrote:He may run a great offense but I wouldn't choose him over Amare to start a team.
aIvin adams
Analyst
And1: 1,978

Post#251 » by aIvin adams » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:34 am

http://www.givemesport.com/504617-phoen ... n-nba-2k15

"Def need to be rated higher than a 80 tho lol @Ronnie2K."

Ronnie Singh quoted Thomas' tweet and then asked, "What do you think you should be rated & what stats should be high?"

"Avg 20 & 6 last season lol only 6 other guys did that and they "Superstars" I think [at] least 84 would be [cool].....y'all gotta make me finish at the rim better lol. I do it pretty good in real life just saying. But other than that I'm good wit it'"

:lol:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,336

Post#252 » by bwgood77 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:39 pm

Not sure if anyone posted this interview with IT yet, but I just came across it on grantland.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/qa-is ... the-draft/
Flying Colors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,489

Post#253 » by Flying Colors » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:54 pm

If he keeps playing the way he played last night, he is going to run away with the 6MOTY award
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,119

Post#254 » by Revived » Sat Nov 1, 2014 9:42 am

Kings fans do not like Isaiah and think very lowly of him. Very selfish player according to them. A decent read, even though we haven't seen any of it since he's come to PHX.

They have a thread dedicated to him and his performances since leaving SAC, and they talking about his "selfishness" in SAC.

http://www.kingsfans.com/threads/isaiah ... tch.57915/

I kinda wanna create an account and thank them for letting him go.
SactownHrtBrks8
Lead Assistant
And1: 68

Post#255 » by SactownHrtBrks8 » Sat Nov 1, 2014 4:06 pm

SF88 wrote:Kings fans do not like Isaiah and think very lowly of him. Very selfish player according to them. A decent read, even though we haven't seen any of it since he's come to PHX.

They have a thread dedicated to him and his performances since leaving SAC, and they talking about his "selfishness" in SAC.

I think the Kings fan hate for him was misconstrued. Most fans in Sac love Isaiah and were mad when he was not resigned. We also knew he would never come back and be a backup for the Kings because the Kings did not have anyone better than him to start at PG. Honestly the Sun is the perfect situation for her outside of backing up a top 5 PG.

He was a ball movement last season was a problem. IT took most f the heat for it because he was the PG. There were plenty of other factors that played in to it (like lack of ball-handlers in the lineup). He is definitely going to be sixth man of the year. He is going to run away with it
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,781

Post#256 » by Saberestar » Sat Nov 1, 2014 4:45 pm

Hornacek on Thomas' adapting to being a sixth man: "He's ready to play all the time. You could probably call him in the middle of the night and say, 'Hey, there's a game down at the gym in five minutes.' He'll be there and ready to go. That's a sign of guys who just love the game."

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... /18297179/
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,781

Post#257 » by Saberestar » Sat Nov 1, 2014 4:55 pm

Isaiah at 4/27M and Ricky Rubio at 4/55M is RIDICULOUS, they play the same position and with similar age...it is uncredible.
Proud of our FO, great job.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,163

Post#258 » by bigfoot » Sat Nov 1, 2014 7:16 pm

Saberestar wrote:Isaiah at 4/27M and Ricky Rubio at 4/55M is RIDICULOUS, they play the same position and with similar age...it is uncredible.
Proud of our FO, great job.

If IT keeps this up I see a Sixth Man and Executive of the Year award in the Suns future.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,119

Post#259 » by Revived » Wed Nov 5, 2014 6:46 am

DEEP3CL wrote:The good thing about Thomas putting it out there that he wanted to be here is that he's free again in 2 yrs.

Laker fans already planning for IT in two years :lol:
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#260 » by City of Trees » Fri Nov 7, 2014 8:24 pm

SF88 wrote:Kings fans do not like Isaiah and think very lowly of him. Very selfish player according to them. A decent read, even though we haven't seen any of it since he's come to PHX.

Kings fan Love IT. If anyone tells you different they are lying. The thing the Kings wanted to do with IT is exactly what PHX is doing, the only problem was IT wanted to start in Sacramento. As a starter he did kill ball movement at times and he was a liability on D, but make no mistake about it: We loved our Pizza Guy!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G900T using RealGM Forums mobile app

Return to Phoenix Suns