Dragic ranked #20 in Bleacherreport 14-15 top 20 projections

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,154

Re: Dragic ranked #20 in Bleacherreport 14-15 top 20 project 

Post#21 » by spanishninja » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:27 pm

SF88 wrote:
1UPZ wrote:My top 3 2014-2015 players is slightly different than that list.

1. Durant
2. James
3. Davis

Davis will be a 22 ppg 10 rpg 3 apg 3 bpg 1.5 apg big man

Davis needs to start putting up some wins.

As of right now, he will be seen the same way that people saw Bosh in Toronto or Kevin Love in Minnesota.

He has the potential to be as good as the Minnesota KG though.

I dunno. Defense sets him apart from the guys you mentioned, and the smarter analysts do seem to talk about that.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,417

Post#22 » by Revived » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:36 pm

spanishninja wrote:
SF88 wrote:
1UPZ wrote:My top 3 2014-2015 players is slightly different than that list.

1. Durant
2. James
3. Davis

Davis will be a 22 ppg 10 rpg 3 apg 3 bpg 1.5 apg big man

Davis needs to start putting up some wins.

As of right now, he will be seen the same way that people saw Bosh in Toronto or Kevin Love in Minnesota.

I dunno. Defense sets him apart from the guys you mentioned, and the smarter analysts do seem to talk about that.

I know about his defense that's why I mentioned KG as his ceiling.

But still, he hasn't put up any more wins than Love and Bosh did. Same with Griffin before they got CP3.
spanishninja
General Manager

Post#23 » by spanishninja » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:56 pm

SF88 wrote:
spanishninja wrote:
SF88 wrote:Davis needs to start putting up some wins.

But still, he hasn't put up any more wins than Love and Bosh did. Same with Griffin before they got CP3.

well, many analysts are very optimistic about the state of the Pelicans this season, to the point of projecting them above us. Much of that is the progress of Davis, along with the team hopefully not being as decimated by injuries as last season.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,417

Post#24 » by Revived » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:33 pm

spanishninja wrote:
SF88 wrote:
spanishninja wrote:

well, many analysts are very optimistic about the state of the Pelicans this season, to the point of projecting them above us. Much of that is the progress of Davis, along with the team hopefully not being as decimated by injuries as last season.

Yea we'll see how they do this season.

It's funny because I used to make fun of the Pelicans for throwing so much money into their backcourt (Holliday, Gordon, Evans) but now I would be a hypocrite if I did that because the Suns are doing the same thing (Dragic, Bledsoe, Thomas) even though Suns are paying better players.
spanishninja
General Manager

Post#25 » by spanishninja » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:00 am

SF88 wrote:
spanishninja wrote:
SF88 wrote:I know about his defense that's why I mentioned KG as his ceiling.

Yea we'll see how they do this season.

It's funny because I used to make fun of the Pelicans for throwing so much money into their backcourt (Holliday, Gordon, Evans) but now I would be a hypocrite if I did that because the Suns are doing the same thing (Dragic, Bledsoe, Thomas) even though Suns are paying better players.

I think we laughed when they got Gordon and Evans but Holiday is a good player, empty stats nonwithstanding. If they don't all eat it this season they might perform similarly to last year's Suns.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,461

Post#26 » by bwgood77 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:05 am

spanishninja wrote:
I think we laughed when they got Gordon and Evans but Holiday is a good player, empty stats nonwithstanding. If they don't all eat it this season they might perform similarly to last year's Suns.

Evans was a stud down the stretch last year. Here are his game logs. Look at his points, assists and rebounds starting March 1st through the end of the year. He has a pretty high ceiling I think. http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... elog/2014/
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,464

Post#27 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:43 am

Jdiddy701 wrote:C'mon Lillard is being talked about everywhere.. at all all-star events and was on ESPY'S. Overrated is okay and I can see why someone uses that with him.

Do think he will be a great player though just get off his nuts nation.

Just because he's more shown at events and televised doesn't make him overrated one bit. Lillard is a phenomenal player and he deserves the recognition. BTW, he's very cute and I adore him.
BurningHeart
General Manager
And1: 1,434

Post#28 » by BurningHeart » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:59 am

DragicTime85 wrote:BTW, he's very cute and I adore him.

What the ****.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,464

Post#29 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:28 am

BurningHeart wrote:
DragicTime85 wrote:BTW, he's very cute and I adore him.

What the ****.

A little overboard? :(
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#30 » by Kerrsed » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:21 am

bleacherreport.com

That is all.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
wheezy
Rookie
And1: 556

Post#31 » by wheezy » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:41 am

bwgood77 wrote:
spanishninja wrote:

Evans was a stud down the stretch last year. Here are his game logs. Look at his points, assists and rebounds starting March 1st through the end of the year. He has a pretty high ceiling I think. http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... elog/2014/

It seemed more like Evans was given the ball a lot more down the stretch because of their injuries and him finally getting along with the coach. Earlier in the season he was benched a ton from Monty getting upset with his defense. They definitely look like an up and coming team, although Davis's ceiling could easily be unprecedented. Not saying he's better than Garnett, just that he doesn't really have a comp. They were one of the best teams offensively last year when healthy and one of the worst defensively. Asik ought to balance that out a bit more.
SideSwipe
Analyst
And1: 660

Post#32 » by SideSwipe » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:11 pm

Interesting read. That said, the All-NBA commmittee thought Dragic was the 4th or 5th best PG behind Paul, Curry, Parker and next to Lillard, and was considered a top-15 player. Maybe B/R sees regression due to sharing the ball in the backcourt for a full season.

Return to Phoenix Suns