Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

phrazbit
Sixth Man
And1: 649

Kinda glad we didn't get James Harden 

Post#1 » by phrazbit » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:09 pm

Wow... just wow.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVYJULACcao[/youtube]

I cannot imagine how polarized this board would be if he were in a Suns uniform. It would be ugly.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,224

Re: Kinda glad we didn't get James Harden 

Post#2 » by King4Day » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:18 pm

Yea I had wanted him really bad. I wonder if McDonough would still be here is Blanks was able to nab him first.
Also makes you wonder, would having Harden mean we'd also have Howard?
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
Superhuman
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,008

Post#3 » by Superhuman » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:35 pm

Not only is he a disgustingly terrible defender, but his offensive game is atrocious. Constant drives to the lane with no intention of making the basket, only trying to sell the call. Really hard to watch him play.
LukasBMW
Suns Forum SlamDRUNK Contributor
And1: 4,286

Post#4 » by LukasBMW » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:41 pm

I've never been a Harden fan. Plus he really seems like a prick.
JDLAW
Suns Forum CBA and Legal Expert
And1: 1,301

Post#5 » by JDLAW » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:01 pm

Superhuman wrote:Not only is he a disgustingly terrible defender, but his offensive game is atrocious. Constant drives to the lane with no intention of making the basket, only trying to sell the call. Really hard to watch him play.

His offensive game is not atrocious by any means. By your description he is one of the worst players in the league. He was first team all NBA in 2014 and an all star. He must be doing something well.
Nando88
Veteran
And1: 256

Post#6 » by Nando88 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:18 pm

I see harden studied the Amare Stoudemire stand there defense handbook

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
phrazbit
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by phrazbit » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:47 pm

I dont question his offensive chops. He is among the best scorers in the NBA and he does so very efficiently. It might not be a style that all fans enjoy, but its effective. But his offense HAS to be that good if he is going to play defense that bad.

I seriously question of Houston can make a legit run with him playing that kind of D. Good teams exploit that, and as seen in that video, it does not even take a good team or good players to easily score a basket on James Harden. I know he has it in him to play respectable defense, he did it in OKC on occasion. I remember in their series vs the Lakers he did an excellent job on Kobe. But clearly his mentality on that end of the court has changed since then.

Also his leadership is very questionable. That line about Parsons leaving not mattering because its just Harden and Dwight out there and everyone else is role players... that cannot sit well in the locker room.
Superhuman
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,008

Post#8 » by Superhuman » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:30 pm

JDLAW wrote:
Superhuman wrote:Not only is he a disgustingly terrible defender, but his offensive game is atrocious. Constant drives to the lane with no intention of making the basket, only trying to sell the call. Really hard to watch him play.

His offensive game is not atrocious by any means. By your description he is one of the worst players in the league. He was first team all NBA in 2014 and an all star. He must be doing something well.

Right. What I meant was his offensive game is aesthetically displeasing to watch. I never said he was a bad player. I just don't particularly enjoy watching him play.

And it just sucks that he's suppose to be the cream of the crop of shooting guards.
aIvin adams
Analyst
And1: 1,978

Post#9 » by aIvin adams » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:52 pm

phrazbit wrote:

i'd be ecstatic and i would think he was our best player. and i would be proud that he upheld the suns' hard-earned reputation of fielding competitive teams starring bad defenders. i would root for him to bring suns fans our first championship.
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,311

Post#10 » by DirtyDez » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:57 pm

You can make these videos about a lot of NBA players. I'm not a Harden fan but he's an excellent player. As to would I want him here; it would depend on how we got him and who's around him.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
phrazbit
Sixth Man

Post#11 » by phrazbit » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:11 pm

DirtyDez wrote:You can make these videos about a lot of NBA players. I'm not a Harden fan but he's an excellent player. As to would I want him here; it would depend on how we got him and who's around him.

I know both high-light and low-light videos can be misleading, but I'm not sure if there are many guys you could make an 11 minute long video based on ONE SEASON like with Harden there. Of guys that play starters minutes I do suspect he is the worst defensive guard in the NBA.
JDLAW
Suns Forum CBA and Legal Expert
And1: 1,301

Post#12 » by JDLAW » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:14 pm

Superhuman wrote:
JDLAW wrote:

Right. What I meant was his offensive game is aesthetically displeasing to watch. I never said he was a bad player. I just don't particularly enjoy watching him play.

And it just sucks that he's suppose to be the cream of the crop of shooting guards.

I'll agree with you there. I don't enjoy watching a lot of Iso play. It is tough to watch the way the ball sticks in Harden's hands at times.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Post#13 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:52 pm

I was a fan of Harden's when he was humble playing a bench role (and lighting it up) for the Thunder but since he became "the man" in Houston, he seems more lazy and more of a prick.

That said, I see him as a kind of a Pau Gasol type offensive player aesthetically. The guy plays like he's getting paid per flop but when he displays his skills and gets it done, it's an absolute thing of beauty.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#14 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:53 pm

aIvin adams wrote:
phrazbit wrote:

i'd be ecstatic and i would think he was our best player. and i would be proud that he upheld the suns' hard-earned reputation of fielding competitive teams starring bad defenders. i would root for him to bring suns fans our first championship.

:lol:
BurningHeart
General Manager
And1: 1,436

Post#15 » by BurningHeart » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:11 am

He's a little bitch. **** him and his inspiration----Emanuel Ginobili.
PhxSunsFan1234
Sophomore
And1: 55

Post#16 » by PhxSunsFan1234 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:28 am

you're an idiot if you wouldn't take the best SG in the league on your team.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#17 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:24 am

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/234668/Harden-Im-The-Best-All-Around-Player-In-The-NBA

Is this what sparked this thread or is it just a coincidence?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,469

Post#18 » by bwgood77 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:48 am

Yeah, when I saw that wiretap it confirmed if it hadn't been confirmed already that this guy is WAY too full of himself. I wonder if the same holds true with Bledsoe though.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#19 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:55 am

bwgood77 wrote:Yeah, when I saw that wiretap it confirmed if it hadn't been confirmed already that this guy is WAY too full of himself. I wonder if the same holds true with Bledsoe though.

Even though Bledsoe hasn't gone out and made a statement like that, Harden actually deserved his max deal when he got it.
Zelaznyrules
Sixth Man
And1: 995

Post#20 » by Zelaznyrules » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:56 am

PhxSunsFan1234 wrote:you're an idiot if you wouldn't take the best SG in the league on your team.

I'd take the best SG in the league on my team. My concern is that if we don't re-sign Eric that we'll be forced to move the best SG in the league back to the point guard position.

Return to Phoenix Suns