Preseason: Suns @ Rockets

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,542

Re: Preseason: Suns @ Rockets 

Post#181 » by Jdiddy701 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:47 pm

Miles Plumlee will not get waived.
Guess I'm the only patient one here with him. Lol Miles I believe in you!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#182 » by Kerrsed » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:17 pm

Plumlee is a good backup Center, and is currently just a place holder until Len gets a little better. If Mr Glass can stay healthy, i think he takes over the starting spot by December.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#183 » by RunDogGun » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:30 pm

I could see Hornacek starting the Morrii at the 4/5 in a preseason game to see how that works. I'm just wondering if starting Baron, might be a move. It was only one game, but he looked to be the only big in the right places for that game. Also his offensive game looked ten times better last night compared to when we first had him. :o
SLODragon
Ballboy
And1: 7

Post#184 » by SLODragon » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:39 pm

SF88 wrote:Do they not practice FTs over there in Slovenia? I'm serious, how can a PG who is so good at shooting from 3 and just about anywhere on the field struggle so much at the FT line?

Since 2 of Slovenian best teams have one 63% and one 58% FT percentage last year in their most important league, I would say NO, THEY DON'T PRACTICE FREE THROWS!!!
aIvin adams
Analyst
And1: 1,978

Post#185 » by aIvin adams » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:42 pm

RunDogGun wrote:I could see Hornacek starting the Morrii at the 4/5 in a preseason game to see how that works. I'm just wondering if starting Baron, might be a move. It was only one game, but he looked to be the only big in the right places for that game. Also his offensive game looked ten times better last night compared to when we first had him. :o

i told my wife that Earl Barron was on the roster a few years ago and there's no way he'll be on the roster this year. but during the game she said, 'are you sure?' LOL. he did look good last night on offense, whether popping out for a jumper or crashing the boards.

he also was at least trying on defense.

EARL BARRON?? we talkin 'bout barron.

cmon back Len.

and Miles is what he is. I'm glad we have him but we've known for a while he's not a long-term answer at C.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#186 » by RunDogGun » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:31 pm

I know, I watched the game late last night, and was quite surprised by Earl. Like I said, he just seemed to be in the right place almost the whole time he was in there. If he does stuff like last night for the rest of preseason, I don't see why he doesn't edge out Randolph, for an extra big.
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,149

Post#187 » by spanishninja » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:59 pm

I always thought Barron was a serviceable player. Maybe I'm just thinking back when I used him sporadically in fantasy as free-agent pickups every couple of weeks.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,170

Post#188 » by Frank Lee » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:40 pm

RunDogGun wrote:I could see Hornacek starting the Morrii at the 4/5 in a preseason game to see how that works. I'm just wondering if starting Baron, might be a move. It was only one game, but he looked to be the only big in the right places for that game. Also his offensive game looked ten times better last night compared to when we first had him. :o

it was the shoes

and if the Barron is our answer, its going to be a long season
What ? Me Worry ?
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,379

Post#189 » by Puff » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:03 pm

Frank Lee wrote:

it was the shoes

and if the Barron is our answer, its going to be a long season

I mentioned in another thread that Len would determine our immediate future. I still believe that. If he can ever get healthy and provide consistent rebounding and defense we should be pretty good. If he doesn't we will probably go backwards this year.

I just don't trust Plumlee as our starting center and if Barron and or Randolph earn a lot of minutes I cannot see us being a force in the West.
BurningHeart
General Manager
And1: 1,429

Post#190 » by BurningHeart » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:44 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:
BurningHeart wrote:Any injuries?

If not, then who cares. Preseason is worthless.

The W/L doesn't matter but how the players looked out there does.

I don't even think that. It's way, way, way too hard to assess anything in preseason. And year-in, year-out players and teams who looked like crap in the preseason ended up being just fine in the regular season, or vice versa. In every sport.

I understand we always fall into the trap of preseason (and drafting, for that matter, as we assume every player is awesome or crappy forgetting that ever year, only a handful of players actually end up being worth a damn) because we're excited to see our teams back on the court, field, or ice again, but I've just learned by now that the main thing is to stay healthy.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,633

Post#191 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:01 pm

BurningHeart wrote:I don't even think that. It's way, way, way too hard to assess anything in preseason. And year-in, year-out players and teams who looked like crap in the preseason ended up being just fine in the regular season, or vice versa. In every sport.

I understand we always fall into the trap of preseason (and drafting, for that matter, as we assume every player is awesome or crappy forgetting that ever year, only a handful of players actually end up being worth a damn) because we're excited to see our teams back on the court, field, or ice again, but I've just learned by now that the main thing is to stay healthy.

I understand the preseason is more of a tune-up then the final product but seeing zero improvement from Plumlee is disheartening. Also this is suppose to be Kieff's chance to step it up and I'm not seeing that. By no means am I writing off the season with 2-3 preseason games but it does drop down my expectations a little bit.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,542

Post#192 » by Jdiddy701 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:55 pm

You guys are giving Barron way too much credit for one LUCKY game. Lol he was terrible on defense last night. Looks lost and will not make the team. No way.

LukasBMW
Suns Forum SlamDRUNK Contributor
And1: 4,286

Post#193 » by LukasBMW » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:24 pm

Ennis has potential, but with IT, Dragic, and Bledsoe, he needs to go down to Bakersfield.

TJ, Archie, and Zoron are going to have to fight over minutes. 2 winners gets backup minutes. Loser joins Ennis in Bakersfield.

We should probably try to keep both Barron and Randolph. Plumlee has played like ass all summer long and Len may never be healthy. Barron and Randolph have been our best centers. That's scary.

Bledsoe/IT
Dragic/Green/Archie
Tucker/Warren
Morris/Morris/Tolliver
Plumlee/Randolph/Barron/Len

Bakersfield:
Ennis
Zoron

Cut:
Wilson
Prather
Jackson
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,400

Post#194 » by Revived » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:58 am

Plumlee is just showing why the Pacers didn't care about dumping him so fast after drafting him in the 1st rd.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,400

Post#195 » by Revived » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:00 am

Jdiddy701 wrote:As crazy as it sounds, I am not worried about Plumlee. I understand he's been terrible and the worst starting center right now. He will turn it on.

For him it's more of a mental thing. He plays really good against proven centers but doesn't against a bunch of nobody's.

I'm tired of having mental midgets on this team. This is the NBA, grow a pair and play with confidence.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#196 » by RunDogGun » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:23 am

Jdiddy701 wrote:You guys are giving Barron way too much credit for one LUCKY game. Lol he was terrible on defense last night. Looks lost and will not make the team. No way.

No, we weren't giving him too much credit. He really actually grabbed 13 rebounds, which led to my comment that he seemed to be in the right place the whole night. That isn't giving him "too" much credit. Then I said that if he could keep it up, I could see him edging out Randoph for the last roster spot. And he wasn't terrible on defense, and I never said he was great on that end. All I talked about was his noticeable improvement on the offensive end.

He out played Plumlee last night, so it wouldn't be a leap that Jeff could start him in one preseason game to test him.

To Frank's point, it will all depend on how well Earl played in this system and with the team. I'm sure the same thing was said about Plumlee starting last year, and the season turned out well. :D
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#197 » by RunDogGun » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:27 am

LukasBMW wrote:Ennis has potential, but with IT, Dragic, and Bledsoe, he needs to go down to Bakersfield.

TJ, Archie, and Zoron are going to have to fight over minutes. 2 winners gets backup minutes. Loser joins Ennis in Bakersfield.

We should probably try to keep both Barron and Randolph. Plumlee has played like ass all summer long and Len may never be healthy. Barron and Randolph have been our best centers. That's scary.

Bledsoe/IT
Dragic/Green/Archie
Tucker/Warren
Morris/Morris/Tolliver
Plumlee/Randolph/Barron/Len

Bakersfield:
Ennis
Zoron

Cut:
Wilson
Prather
Jackson

We will have to let either Earl or Slav go, we can't keep 16 players, even if we play one in the DLeague.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,633

Post#198 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:32 am

RunDogGun wrote:We will have to let either Earl or Slav go, we can't keep 16 players, even if we play one in the DLeague.

You mean Shav? We had Slav last season. lol
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#199 » by RunDogGun » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:42 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
RunDogGun wrote:We will have to let either Earl or Slav go, we can't keep 16 players, even if we play one in the DLeague.

You mean Shav? We had Slav last season. lol

I was going to say Shlav, to cover my tired brain, but it sounded like a Russian Three Stoogies character. :D thanks for catching it though. Maybe I should just use #43 and #30.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,170

Post#200 » by Frank Lee » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:21 pm

May be we should just get rid of #30 and #43

pity that we look up and down this roster and find guys way down at the end of the bench that we seem to need.
What ? Me Worry ?

Return to Phoenix Suns