ImageImageImage

Video: The Suns Through the Ages

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

scooper1030
Sophomore
And1: 203

Video: The Suns Through the Ages 

Post#1 » by scooper1030 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:49 am

I'm getting very frustrated having no new clips or footage to work with until the new season starts, so I made this 4-minute video showcasing some Suns highlights through each era of the franchise. Tell me what you think.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ3OAH76udo[/youtube]

I know the film quality is poor at various parts, but that's usually due to the age of the clips. I got the idea of using the song after re-watching the "Live Forever" season promo that TNT made a couple of years ago.

Also, bonus question: Can you name every player that makes an appearance in the video?
Christine-In-AZ
Starter
And1: 1,539

Re: Video: The Suns Through the Ages 

Post#2 » by Christine-In-AZ » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:19 am

scooper1030 wrote:I'm getting very frustrated having no new clips or footage to work with until the new season starts, so I made this 4-minute video showcasing some Suns highlights through each era of the franchise. Tell me what you think.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ3OAH76udo[/youtube]

I know the film quality is poor at various parts, but that's usually due to the age of the clips. I got the idea of using the song after re-watching the "Live Forever" season promo that TNT made a couple of years ago.

Also, bonus question: Can you name every player that makes an appearance in the video?

Great job scooper. Good music choice. As an editor and filmmaker myself, I know how long and hard it is to pull together all the footage...and how poor the quality can be, but you have to roll with it.

You might get a kick out of this (a bit too long) Suns "history video" I put together almost 7 years ago now-

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJaFQRKfiJs&list=UUbHN9ngVtD2you5L1aEKF9A[/youtube]

...it relies heavily on still photography and only footage from a few crucial past Suns playoff games. I made knowing the Suns were running out runs to a title in the Nash era.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 7,683

Post#3 » by Calvin Klein » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:21 am

Impressive. Loved it.

You just missed Dragic's game vs the Spurs!
BurningHeart
General Manager
And1: 1,436

Post#4 » by BurningHeart » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:11 am

Very, very good Scoop.

Lots of things missing though, and I'm not sure whether they're omissions or you just didn't have video. Of course, it's also 1am and I may have missed some things.

Not much from the 1993 playoffs, including The Guarantee, Barkley's shot, etc.

Also missed Steve Nash hitting a huge three late in Game 1 against the Lakers in 2006 and doing his iconic backtrot-while-fistpumping, Tim Thomas from Game 6 against the Lakers in 2006, Raja from G5 against the Clips 2006, Boris in Game 1 against the Mavericks, Grant Hill's block on Jerryd Bayless in 2010, Dragic's demolition of the Spurs in Game 3 of the 2010 semis, Dragic's schooling of Fisher in Game 4 of the 2010 WCF, the 22-three barrage against the Lakers, plays from the 2OT epic against the Mavericks, plays from Game 6 against the Mavericks in the 2005 playoffs, some plays from the SSOL era including Amare blocking Brad Miller to end a game, a few buzzer-beaters, etc.

There are so many moments. We have been truly blessed as a franchise. I'd love to win a title but honestly, I am so damn proud to be a Phoenix Suns fan and have so many years of exciting, fast, fresh, classy, clean basketball to look back on.

Regardless of whether the moments I listed above simply don't fit or whatever, your video was beautiful and poetic. Great, great stuff. Thank you.
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,155

Post#5 » by spanishninja » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:27 am

watching that clip made wonder: how many guys the Suns dunked on over the years ended up joining the team? We got Hot Rod and Tolliver, anybody else notable?
b-ball forever
General Manager
And1: 498

Post#6 » by b-ball forever » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:52 am

spanishninja wrote:watching that clip made wonder: how many guys the Suns dunked on over the years ended up joining the team? We got Hot Rod and Tolliver, anybody else notable?

Okafor

Return to Phoenix Suns