ImageImageImage

The big question

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

mybloodisorange
Rookie
And1: 66

Re: The big question 

Post#21 » by mybloodisorange » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:51 pm

Alot of good names being tossed around but I'm not into Thabeet at all.
Everybody dies but not everybody truly lives.
WorldBeFree
Starter
And1: 406

Post#22 » by WorldBeFree » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:41 pm

Sixer fan in peace here. Since my team sucks this will be the team i watch. Somehow i think one of the Euro bigs could fit here, but you should judge my suggestions. Maybe ante tomic (he plays for Barcelona i guess, national team croatia) or raddulica (played for mil last year, played really well for serbia). Radulica is also a free agent i think.
As nba talent who wastes his talent on the bench, rudy gobert (Jazz) would be a great fit imo.

Sent from my D2303 using RealGM Forums mobile app
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru
And1: 6,029

Post#23 » by NTB » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:08 pm

Yeah. Gobert seems like a rebounding machine. Radulijca is in China i guess.
carey wrote:It is 2-time, every time.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Post#24 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:22 pm

Been reading about Thabeet and Krylo names being thrown around here and there and they really aren't significantly more talented than Shav. There's no point in adding a new body who can't run in our system, can't contribute ANY offense to the system, too raw to be a defensive precense and is too young to be a mentor. I'd take Shav over both of them because he knows his role and he plays it well. It's pointless trying to replace your 13th man with another 13th man level player.

The grass isn't always green on the other side.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
DRK
RealGM
And1: 3,590

Post#25 » by DRK » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:51 am

Ahh Gobert....

I love that guy so much going into the draft.

Kills me that he's absoultely beasting and feasting on the court right now.
MrMiyagi wrote:Lob to DA for the win
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,176

Post#26 » by Frank Lee » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:56 pm

The bigs taken that yr....

#4 Zeller
#5 Len
#6 Noel
#12 Adams
#13 Olynyk
#16 Nogueira
#21 Dieng
#22 Plumlee
#27 Gorbert

Not all these guys will pan out. Law of Averages. We might get caught in the odds.
What ? Me Worry ?
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,176

Post#27 » by Frank Lee » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:11 pm

whoops
What ? Me Worry ?
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,911

Post#28 » by Fo-Real » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:36 pm

changed my mind!! Deleted
mybloodisorange
Rookie

Post#29 » by mybloodisorange » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:34 am

I'm willing to give Len a year or two to develop because his youth, inexperience and early injuries last year set him back. His size, length and a 5th pick in the draft point to his potential which he shows in flashes even though he does look lost right now. Despite that I can still see his confidence and even a bit of a mean streak on defense which I like. He's definetly a project but I think 3 years from now Len could really be something.

I'm more worried about Plumlee to be honest. It's just a feeling but I sense he might have a lower ceiling than we had hoped. He has crazy athleticism for a big guy but he seems to overthink himself into bad games. He is just so inconsistent it's hard to call because he can look like an allstar one moment and a D leaguer the rest of the game.
:banghead:
mybloodisorange
Rookie

Post#30 » by mybloodisorange » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:08 am

What about Jason Thompson?
NavLDO
Suns Forum Defensive Player of the Year
And1: 1,425

Post#31 » by NavLDO » Sat Nov 1, 2014 4:58 pm

I know it's only been two games, but it looks as if Len may actually possess what we've been yearning for--a 5 that is a real presence in the paint.

So, not to derail the intent of the thread, but thought better to place in here since it's a related thought vice starting a new thread. I've been thinking about the concept of a "Big 3" on the Suns for the past couple of weeks. So, I wanted to list some options that might net us that "Big 3" and wanted to get you all's thoughts on the matter? Which of these seem most likely over the next 2-3 years?

Trade for an established Big / Warren / Bledsoe -- 4 or 5, 3, 1

Draft Towns/Cliff Alexander/Okafor with LAL 1st pkg for a top3 pick / Warren / Bledsoe -- 4 or 5, 3, 1

Len / Warren / Bledsoe -- 5, 3, 1

Len / Trade for a 4 / Bledsoe -- 5, 4, 1

Len / Dragic / Bledsoe -- 5, "2", 1

Other configuration????

Basically, the question is, and why it relates to this thread is, are we going to have to trade for a big, or do we already have our "Big 3" on the roster, and we are just waiting for them to develop (Len, Warren)? Or are we even close to a Big 3 at all...meaning, can Bledsoe and or Dragic be considered a part of a Big 3? I hope so as we just paid EB a salary commensurate with a Big 3 member.
mybloodisorange
Rookie

Post#32 » by mybloodisorange » Sun Nov 9, 2014 1:08 pm

Even if Len does end up being good it will be a couple years but I do like his potential. But in the meantime we could use some help and Plumlee seems more like a quality backup than starter. Plum is an enigma to me because he looked so good early last year and now he seems to have taken a small step back. Tolliver can't guard big centers either.

It just seems logical with our abundance of quality guards that a trade isn't eminent. And the minute crunch isn't going to get easier when Warren is healed up and starts getting some game time. It didn't look too bad the first few games when Tucker was suspended but lately but with him back and Warren waiting that pushes Green even moreso towards the already crowded 2 spot. It's starting to look like Green won't get resigned this offseason unless we do end up moving another 2 or 3...

The good news is PGs are already getting injured everywhere from Oklahoma to Minnesota; let's make a deal!
scooper1030
Sophomore
And1: 203

Post#33 » by scooper1030 » Sun Nov 9, 2014 3:01 pm

How about Thomas Robinson?

Still has some work to do offensively, but Portland rejected his team option for next year which means it wouldn't take much to get him. He's only in his 3rd season, he's a good friend of the Morris twins, and he's averaged 11.7 rebounds per 36 minutes for his career. He's a much more promising Shavlik Randolph.
Big NBA Fan
Senior
And1: 329

Post#34 » by Big NBA Fan » Sun Nov 9, 2014 9:32 pm

I would try and bring Amare back this summer if he is interested.

He looks healthy and is moving really well so far this season.

Dragic
Bledsoe
Tucker
Amare
Len

Would be a good team.
mybloodisorange
Rookie

Post#35 » by mybloodisorange » Sun Nov 9, 2014 10:10 pm

Big NBA Fan wrote:I would try and bring Amare back this summer if he is interested.

He looks healthy and is moving really well so far this season.

Dragic
Bledsoe
Tucker
Amare
Len

Would be a good team.

I meant a big who defends and rebounds....not one who complains as a veteran that he was never taught to play defense. Big NO!
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#36 » by lilfishi22 » Sun Nov 9, 2014 10:16 pm

Amare isn't enough of the threat offensively to worth bringing back considering his questionable health going forward and porous defense.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#37 » by RunDogGun » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:02 am

I'd bring Amare back at a vet min, but I don't think he addresses our need.
NavLDO

Post#38 » by NavLDO » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:31 am

scooper1030 wrote:How about Thomas Robinson?

Still has some work to do offensively, but Portland rejected his team option for next year which means it wouldn't take much to get him. He's only in his 3rd season, he's a good friend of the Morris twins, and he's averaged 11.7 rebounds per 36 minutes for his career. He's a much more promising Shavlik Randolph.

As a replacement for Randolph? Sure, but not sure I'd want to trade anything for him, unless, of course, it was Randolph himself. Apparently, another one of those top 5 busts, but seeing that he's still young, is there any hope for him?

I'm with mybloodisorange...with some PGs going down around the league, we should take advantage of the situation, if at all possible. And I know EB can't be traded, but does anyone know how long until he is eligible? Anyway, even though he can't, added him to Cavalier trade for fun...

EB to Cleveland for Tristan Thompson. Delladova is out for awhile, so they need a backup. In all seriousness, we could trade our 2015 1st, Ennis, Dragic, and Green for Thompson and Waiters.

Ennis and a 1st for Dieng, now with Rubio out indefinitely.

Or Ennis for Olynyk.

Thoughts?
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#39 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:25 am

NavLDO wrote:EB to Cleveland for Tristan Thompson. Delladova is out for awhile, so they need a backup. In all seriousness, we could trade our 2015 1st, Ennis, Dragic, and Green for Thompson and Waiters.

That's a massive package for a guy that could easily bolt for nothing and a guy who's seems to always be in the headlines for one thing or another and are mostly negative. Also Thompson is represented by Rich Paul, which means come next off-season, we're going through the same thing we did with Bledsoe again. I like Keef better at the 4 anyway

Or Ennis for Olynyk.

Thoughts?

Ennis hasn't done anything of note to warrant other teams giving up proven prospects.
NavLDO

Post#40 » by NavLDO » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:34 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
NavLDO wrote:EB to Cleveland for Tristan Thompson. Delladova is out for awhile, so they need a backup. In all seriousness, we could trade our 2015 1st, Ennis, Dragic, and Green for Thompson and Waiters.

That's a massive package for a guy that could easily bolt for nothing and a guy who's seems to always be in the headlines for one thing or another and are mostly negative. Also Thompson is represented by Rich Paul, which means come next off-season, we're going through the same thing we did with Bledsoe again. I like Keef better at the 4 anyway

Or Ennis for Olynyk.

Thoughts?

Ennis hasn't done anything of note to warrant other teams giving up proven prospects.

I like Kieff better as well, but it would be nice to have another proven player at the 4--someone better than Tolliver and Randolph. But yes, that is probably too much for those two.

And are Dieng and Olynyk really considered "proven propsects"? Ennis and a 1st would be fair for a 2nd year player who's started all of 15 games. (Meant to add a 1st for Olynyk as well) Anyway, that seems fair to me.

Return to Phoenix Suns