Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,379

Re: Game 6: Suns (4-1) @ Clippers(1-5) on ESPN 

Post#141 » by Puff » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:05 pm

phrazbit wrote:
SunsReadyToRoll wrote:
phrazbit wrote:Paul and Griffin combined for 77 minutes. Did the Clips not get the memo that this was an exhibition?

Does it really matter, its their team problems not ours. Not like it was Kobe and everyone is going nuts that he played 30+ minutes in a preseason game. Blake and Paul are young so I don't see a problem if they played one game 35+ minutes in a meaningless game.

I think it is odd if ANY entrenched player plays that many minutes in a preseason game.

Paul is young in practical terms but in NBA years he is middle aged. Both guys have had knee issues, both guys are super-duper-stars. I'm surprised they'd leave them exposed that long in a game that does not matter.

The Clippers basically used an 8 man rotation, Bullock played a whopping 7 mintues as their 9th guy.

I saw the same thing and agree totally.

However since it was the great Doc Rivers coaching nothing will be said by the media.

If Mike D'Antoni were there coach. Mike would be getting roasted on every media outlet known to man for running his players into the ground in a pre season game.

Doc has had superior talent on both ends of the court in Boston and LA and has only won one championship. The players like him, the media like him and Balmer has paid him a crap load of money so he is above the law. I think he is one of the most overated coaches in the league.

How many minutes do you think Popovich would have played Paul and Griffin? The real question is if he would have played them at all.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#142 » by RunDogGun » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:27 pm

sunsfever68 wrote:Watching the game I noticed Kieff tried to take the place of Frye and shoot 3's too much

He doesn't have a natural shot release on the 3 point shot yet really .

He took three three pointers. :roll: With Plumlee already in the middle, why would you want to add more bodies to clog up lanes for Dragic and Bledsoe?
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#143 » by RunDogGun » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:31 pm

I'm less concerned with how many minutes Paul/Griffin played, and more concerned with how many carrying and traveling they are allowed to get away with. I also didn't like how Griffin grabbed one of our players when he fell in the lane, with no call.
QuickLikeTheo
Junior
And1: 34

Post#144 » by QuickLikeTheo » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:36 pm

The morris bros defense really stood out to me. Markieff in particular always pokes the ball away from whoever he's guarding

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,181

Post#145 » by Frank Lee » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:44 pm

I think Van Gundy said it... something like Phnx will be better, but win fewer games.

There was little seen from the PF and C positions yesterday that left me with optimism. When KeifMo IS our force in the paint ??? More than one occasion there was a volleyball game going on with rebounds. We are going to get flat out schooled by good rebounding teams. Len has no idea where he is on the court, Plum is all thumb when it comes to anything but a dunk... the rest are shorties....generous 6'9" ers. Tucker is the lone banger and he's 6'5" on his tallest day.

Oh well, play to our strengths I guess. Is it possible between Dragic, Bledsoe, Thomas, Green,we glean 80 pts a night ? that leaves 25-30 for The MoBros, Tucker, and the rest. Gulp
What ? Me Worry ?
Sunsdeuce
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,190

Game 6: Suns (4-1) @ Clippers(1-5) on ESPN 

Post#146 » by Sunsdeuce » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:05 pm

Frank Lee wrote:I think Van Gundy said it... something like Phnx will be better, but win fewer games.

There was little seen from the PF and C positions yesterday that left me with optimism. When KeifMo IS our force in the paint ??? More than one occasion there was a volleyball game going on with rebounds. We are going to get flat out schooled by good rebounding teams. Len has no idea where he is on the court, Plum is all thumb when it comes to anything but a dunk... the rest are shorties....generous 6'9" ers. Tucker is the lone banger and he's 6'5" on his tallest day.

Oh well, play to our strengths I guess. Is it possible between Dragic, Bledsoe, Thomas, Green,we glean 80 pts a night ? that leaves 25-30 for The MoBros, Tucker, and the rest. Gulp

Very good post. I think everyone sees this roster and knows we are extremely unbalanced. Some players actually play better when they have help. I think markieff would be outstanding if he was second fiddle to a quality big. He isn't great when he had to be the man. I think everyone has a good idea who isn't going to be on this team long term. If you keep it in your head that this roster isn't in the long term plans, that should put you at ease.

On aside note, I'm starting to not like IT style of play. Personally, I see way to much ball hog from him for my taste. Also think at some point he is going to wear out his welcome among his teammates, coach, GM, and fans.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
“Cash Considerations” or Bust!

Only a fan of Arizona teams!
CARDINALS
Dbacks
Suns
Coyotes
carey
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,934

Post#147 » by carey » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:26 pm

QuickLikeTheo wrote:The morris bros defense really stood out to me. Markieff in particular always fouls whoever he's guarding.

Fify. :p

Our front court defense has been awful. Tucker is going to guard his fair share of PFs this year. Len is the great hope. He was very aggressive versus Griffin last night.
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,311

Post#148 » by DirtyDez » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:07 pm

RunDogGun wrote:I'm less concerned with how many minutes Paul/Griffin played, and more concerned with how many carrying and traveling they are allowed to get away with. I also didn't like how Griffin grabbed one of our players when he fell in the lane, with no call.

Bledsoe could be called for carrying on every play.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,421

Post#149 » by Revived » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:20 am

DirtyDez wrote:
RunDogGun wrote:I'm less concerned with how many minutes Paul/Griffin played, and more concerned with how many carrying and traveling they are allowed to get away with. I also didn't like how Griffin grabbed one of our players when he fell in the lane, with no call.

Bledsoe could be called for carrying on every play.

Every player in the NBA could be called for carrying on every play.
BurningHeart
General Manager
And1: 1,435

Post#150 » by BurningHeart » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:51 am

23 turnovers is unacceptable. Turnovers were our death knell down the stretch last year.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,467

Post#151 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:11 am

I hate turnovers more then I hate Morris twins bombing away threes after threes. :banghead:
WTFsunsFTW
Veteran
And1: 113

Post#152 » by WTFsunsFTW » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:27 am

Was at the game!

Didnt like the pace, or lack thereof. No urgency, no desire to impose our game.

I am so scared for our center rotation. Probably worst in the league.

Good thing I was drunk.

Mayweather was at both the laker game and this game! Seems like he and IT are bffs?
Zelaznyrules
Sixth Man
And1: 995

Post#153 » by Zelaznyrules » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:41 am

BurningHeart wrote:23 turnovers is unacceptable. Turnovers were our death knell down the stretch last year.

Some turnovers can be excused but far too many of ours come on lazy passes. We need to learn how to value each possession as if it were the one that would decide the game. I think the twins and Green might be our worst offenders when it comes to lazy passes although against the Clips many of our turnovers came from reach-ins and poke aways that could have easily been called fouls. I can't remember how many times I saw Paul hit the elbow from behind to create the turnover.

Return to Phoenix Suns