Miles Plumlee
25%

Total votes: 52

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,117

Who should start at C for the Suns? 

Post#1 » by Revived » Wed Nov 5, 2014 6:12 am

I've been saying this since the beginning of the season but Plumlee absolutely sucks. Worst starting C in the league right now imo.

We invested a 5th overall pick into Len and he's looked good in limited minutes, why not start him and see what he has? I don't think Plumlee gives us a better chance to win.

A lot of our poor starts to games (3 of the 4 games this season) has been partly due to Plumlee.

I don't think I can handle seeing Plumlee just standing there watching while his guy gets the offensive rebound.

I don't expect Len to become the messiah but like I said, he's the #5 pick, its time to start him and give him 30+ mins a game so we can see what he's got. If anything, even if he plays terribly, he's still incredibly young and can learn from his mistake and maybe improve as the season goes along.

Not just that but I think Plumlee will be able to be more of an energy in limited minutes so he won't be fatigued and useless like he is now.

Len or Plumlee?
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,119

Re: Who should start at C for the Suns? 

Post#2 » by spanishninja » Wed Nov 5, 2014 6:15 am

I don't think Len would do any better than Plumlee against starters right now personally. It's best that he gets seasoned early in the year getting his experience against second units. you put him up against an Al Jefferson or Dwight Howard and he could still get into foul trouble so quickly. At least with Plumlee starting you got a couple of free fouls before Alex gets started.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,163

Post#3 » by MrMiyagi » Wed Nov 5, 2014 6:32 am

Miles should be starting, at least for now. I like Len a lot and he's been doing well, but I don't want to push him too hard too fast. He'll get there eventually.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,375

Post#4 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Nov 5, 2014 6:37 am

For now start Miles but if he continues to suck insert Len and give him more minutes throughout the game over Plumlee.
DRK
RealGM
And1: 3,590

Post#5 » by DRK » Wed Nov 5, 2014 7:09 am

The problem with Len is that his finger is still giving him trouble. If he was fully 100%, no doubt I'll want him starting until Plumlee learns how to box out.
MrMiyagi wrote:Lob to DA for the win
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,117

Post#6 » by Revived » Wed Nov 5, 2014 7:23 am

I think I'd want Len starting over Plumlee even if Len had a broken leg and needed the wheelchair to get up and down the court.

That's how bad Plumlee's been.

Maybe Shavik Randolph should get a look? People complain about spacing, well he's been starting to hit 3s and brings hustle and rebounding so could be a good fit.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,336

Post#7 » by sunskerr » Wed Nov 5, 2014 11:50 am

Len does look like the better player so far. Has he had success against opposing starters? If so, then I don't see why he shouldn't start.
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru
And1: 6,029

Post#8 » by NTB » Wed Nov 5, 2014 11:52 am

sunskerr wrote:Len does look like the better player so far. Has he had success against opposing starters? If so, then I don't see why he shouldn't start.

I think he had.
carey wrote:It is 2-time, every time.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,328

Post#9 » by TASTIC » Wed Nov 5, 2014 1:45 pm

I'd keep Len off the bench until he's 100%, then make the call based on play at that point.

Plumlee did a great job for us first half of last season, this competition might bring some fire out in him.

Might not be a bad thing having Plum in the second unit, especially when Dragic goes out and then Bled-Plum can work that 2 man game they do so well.
aIvin adams
Analyst
And1: 1,978

Post#10 » by aIvin adams » Wed Nov 5, 2014 3:39 pm

meh. doesn't matter at this time.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#11 » by rsavaj » Wed Nov 5, 2014 3:53 pm

If you start Len dude is gonna struggle with foul trouble.

Patience.
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#12 » by thamadkant » Wed Nov 5, 2014 8:39 pm

Len is still adjusting and recovering.
At this time Plumlee is fine starting until Len is ready to burden the starting role.
JTrain
Starter
And1: 1,012

Post#13 » by JTrain » Wed Nov 5, 2014 9:02 pm

Too hard to tell much after just four games. I would stick with Plumlee at the moment since he did show sustained play last year before Bledsoe went out. I wouldn't give up on him just from a four-game sample set. And I also agree Len's finger needs to be at least close to 100% before he gets a chance to start. We need him healthy down the stretch.
SunsFanSSOL
Sixth Man
And1: 884

Post#14 » by SunsFanSSOL » Wed Nov 5, 2014 9:07 pm

Someone who is not currently on this roster.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,163

Post#15 » by MrMiyagi » Wed Nov 5, 2014 9:46 pm

Isaiah Thomas.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
schnakenpopanz
General Manager
And1: 2,570

Post#16 » by schnakenpopanz » Thu Nov 6, 2014 12:07 pm

None. Suns need a better starting Center. Both are good bench players, but nothing more.
free steve nash!
WorldBeFree
Starter
And1: 406

Re: AW: Who should start at C for the Suns? 

Post#17 » by WorldBeFree » Thu Nov 6, 2014 3:59 pm

SF88 wrote:I think I'd want Len starting over Plumlee even if Len had a broken leg and needed the wheelchair to get up and down the court.

That's how bad Plumlee's been.

Maybe Shavik Randolph should get a look? People complain about spacing, well he's been starting to hit 3s and brings hustle and rebounding so could be a good fit.

Haha good one.
I dont watch many games, because this year sixers are watchable (who would have thought that?). But from what i see plumlee does nearly nothing and len maybe bot get the stats, but he helps a lot imo. With help D, boxing out and so on. I would start len, because plumlee is rubbish and len should develop.

Sent from my D2303 using RealGM Forums mobile app
SideSwipe
Analyst
And1: 660

Post#18 » by SideSwipe » Thu Nov 6, 2014 4:41 pm

I would very much like to see Len get a shot at it, but probably later in the year. He is too concerned with his fingers/ hand right now, so his focus wavers sometimes when he is worried about either the pain, or dealing with the touch of having the splint on it. I want him to get a few games of 35 minutes plus to see what he can do with extra minutes though, and tell the guards to try to pass to him. They need to realize that their jobs will get easier if they can get some scoring on the inside.
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,023

Post#19 » by mg » Thu Nov 6, 2014 6:02 pm

Hopefully Len should have the starting job by the end of the season. He still has upside while at age 26 Miles basically is what he is at this point.

Not to be a downer but both these guys are going to get dominated by Boogie Cousins over the next decade. Suns still need one more talented big man to really be a threat in the WC.
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 5,983

Post#20 » by kennydorglas » Thu Nov 6, 2014 7:12 pm

opponents are shooting a staggering 32% against Len.
he's already playing more minutes than plumlee, so it's just a matter of time.

once he is in starting lineup, let's make some plays for him, rather than busted low passes.
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola

Return to Phoenix Suns