Game 10: Suns @ Clippers

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,197

Re: Game 10: Suns @ Clippers 

Post#201 » by King4Day » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:51 am

SF88 wrote:
DarkHawk wrote:It's really annoying to read the 'I told you so' comments (not just from this thread). Nobody cares.
It's ten game into the season. We have a ton of talent. If it doesn't work, the amount of tradable assets we have is mind blowing.
I don't think anyone here felt we were title contenders. It was stated before the season, this team is still rebuilding.

Sent from my SM-G900V using RealGM Forums mobile app

Suns don't have as many traceable assets as you think.

Nobody wanted to trade for any of our 3 first rd pick last draft despite everyone hyping up those 3 first rd picks as huge asserts or something. And it's not like McD wanted to keep all those picks, he said it himself that he didn't want the Suns to keep all 3 picks and will look into moving them and yet he ended up keeping em all cause nobody else wanted to give up anything good for it.

Bledsoe's fat 5 yr contract will make him hard to trade soon if he gets hurt again and/or keeps up this type of play.

Gotta remember we got assets for Scola and Gortat.
We won't get game changers for guys like Green, Tucker, Plumlee, etc, but many of these guys will help contending teams off the bench. They will give up assets to get them If we decide to go that route.

You can bet your ass that if we're still struggling as the deadline approaches, 1 or 2 guys will be gone (Green most notably).
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,370

Post#202 » by Puff » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:00 am

I keep reading about one of either Dragic or Bledsoe needs to go. As I remember they worked pretty well together last year. We do not need to break those guys up we need to have pieces that work well with them while letting them be the leaders of this team.

The guy that needs to go is the midget. IMO, he is the cause of most of our problems. I really do not care about his stats. His presence has really screwed up the rotations that were our biggest strength last year. It seems everyone is in love with him. I see him as our biggest problem. He has had his nights and scored a lot of points. A lot of his success can be attributed to his time on the court with Green.

Last year Goran and Green together was lethal at times. Green has improved his handle and deserves minutes. What has happened is that we have changed the role for our best 3 players from last years roster and given some of their minutes to Thomas, just brilliant. Sacramento is happy that he is in Phoenix.

I expect that if we had a three guard rotation of Goran, Bledsoe and Green we would be far better off and the roles for each would be much more defined. Ennis would be a fine back up for Goran or Bledsoe.

I also think that we have to get Warren minutes sooner than later. He appears to be the only guy that is not just a designated 3 point shooter and is willing to mix it up in the paint.

I think we are stuck with the Morris Twins, thanks Lon. I have no idea why we just didn't wait to see how they did this year prior to committing to them long term, just dumb. We also are stuck with Tucker and his contract.

What was supposed to be a great off season is turning into a nightmare, thanks Lon. Yeah you are the guy that either initiated or signed off on everything. You are the problem.

You are the first guy I would rid of. The number of management, coaching and player mistakes we have made on your watch is just unbelievable.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,608

Post#203 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:06 am

Sunsdeuce wrote:Hmm, well looks like I have been proven correct with all my preseason predictions. I warned everyone that tolliver is horrible. But everyone kept saying he was a great signing.

All he had to do is hit 3's which he has shown he can do. He's not a sexy signing but he wouldve worked if he just came in to do the one thing he had to do.
I said this 3-pg system is a gimmick and can't work and I got bashed for it

Very few teams have tried a 3-pg system and it's understable we're still trying to get comfortable. We're still trying to figure out which combinations work.
I said losing frye is going to hurt this team and it has as well as not having front court depth/quality. I said this team is going to be worse than last year and we are. I'm sticking with my 40-45 win total.

I also said losing Frye was gonna be tough, as did quite a few posters. I still believe 48 wins is possible considering where we are in the season.

I'm not trying to gloat but if you have a little understanding of basic basketball, you could have seen how this current suns team is a mess. Not build correctly/not to win now. To be honest this whole off season was mindboggling as far as what Ryan Mcd was doing. Im left with questions that are going unanswered. Are we rebuilding? Are we trying to content? What is Ryan Mcd mindset? What's frustrating there is no answers because like others said our future is all sitting on the bench and never sees the court (warren, Ennis,Goodwin).

I don't know about you guys but I'm sooooooo sick of the 14th pick in the draft. All that pick says is we are going no where. 14th pick = spinning our tires in the mud.

*We are at the half decade mark with no playoffs.

When we lost Frye, I knew Keef and Dragic are gonna get hit the hardest. If there was any disappointment this past off-season, is that we didn't try harder or offered more for a better Frye replacement/front court upgrade. The front office may have overestimated the development of our front court.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,125

Post#204 » by spanishninja » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:11 am

I've returned from LA. I have failed you.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,608

Post#205 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:19 am

spanishninja wrote:I've returned from LA. I have failed you.

lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,387

Post#206 » by SunsRback4Good » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:12 am

spanishninja wrote:I've returned from LA. I have failed you.

WTFsunsFTW
Veteran
And1: 113

Post#207 » by WTFsunsFTW » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:37 pm

I was supposed to have courtside tix for this game (live in LA, best friend works for FOX) and his VP took them instead. Im certain if I would have been at the game this wouldnt have happened.

Return to Phoenix Suns