Is Hornacek the problem?

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Re: Is Hornacek the problem? 

Post#321 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:17 pm

asubennett wrote:Last night's game told me that Hornacek is not capable of making adjustments. If the opposing team places immense on ball pressure, jumps our passing lanes, and fronts our posts - we look like an elementary basketball team. It's like we freak out....

Bledsoe dribbles too high and doesn't have flawless handles. Knight has very good handles but picks his dribble up too quickly and the most glaring problem our entire team has is ZERO outside shooting.

Our offseason priority has to be outside shooting. We are a good 14 - 19ft jump shooting team. Unfortunately, that is the most inefficient shot in all of basketball.

I see it as Hornacek trying to keep things as simple as possible because our guys are either too inexperienced or too dumb to make adjustments on the fly. I agree that we need shooters this offseason.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,370

Post#322 » by Puff » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:48 am

What player or players have got better this season?

I do not see anyone with the exception of Len and most of his improvement are health related. He still has a long way to go.

Is that not part of Hornacek's job?

or does he get a pass on that part of his job
UthredTheWicked
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#323 » by UthredTheWicked » Wed Apr 1, 2015 8:02 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
asubennett wrote:Last night's game told me that Hornacek is not capable of making adjustments. If the opposing team places immense on ball pressure, jumps our passing lanes, and fronts our posts - we look like an elementary basketball team. It's like we freak out....

Bledsoe dribbles too high and doesn't have flawless handles. Knight has very good handles but picks his dribble up too quickly and the most glaring problem our entire team has is ZERO outside shooting.

Our offseason priority has to be outside shooting. We are a good 14 - 19ft jump shooting team. Unfortunately, that is the most inefficient shot in all of basketball.

I see it as Hornacek trying to keep things as simple as possible because our guys are either too inexperienced or too dumb to make adjustments on the fly. I agree that we need shooters this offseason.

I think that's why an inexperienced coach like Horny can't be the coach of this young team,
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 5,983

Post#324 » by kennydorglas » Wed Apr 1, 2015 8:56 am

Our expectations changed and Hornacek wasnt able to do it in the right way (will this happen with Stevens next year?)

Hornacek looked like a god last year, using a very complex offense.. abusing from screens all over the place, forcing the defense to adjust for EVERY PNR... this is just nuts and we see it now (that was a fluke)... we a need a 3pt threat to make it happen but now we're stucked with kieff clogging the lane with difficult shots.... THIS killed us and Hornacek wasnt able to adjust our offense for BROS or even for Bledsoe.

He claims for ball movement (on/off) and somehow everyone just stands in the corner waiting for bledsoe to create something like cp3 or rubio (he isnt that type of PG)... how is it even possible? something is really wrong about this team (hornacek is a liar or our players dont respect/follow his orders).... in every aspect, this looks so bad.
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,368

Post#325 » by bwgood77 » Wed Apr 1, 2015 10:08 am

Atlanta couldn't do it either without bigs that can hit 3s. It helps other teams too, like SA, Houston, etc. GS has lights out shooters at the guard spots, so they don't really need to drive quite as much.

Hornacek had more vets and smarter players handling the ball more often last year. Bledsoe is now for the first time handling sole pg duties, and he struggles some...it's not because he's gotten worse...it's because he has more responsibility. We've had a changing rotation all year, whether it be adding and losing new players at the beginning, changing the center after a few months, trading two guards and a backup center (one who started a couple of months before that), adding a new backup center, adding a new guard, integrating more minutes to young guys. Teams are inevitably going to struggle more and the coach will too when the roster is constantly shuffled not only year to year, but multiple times throughout the year. Especially if they don't have a star to make it easier for everyone else.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,158

Post#326 » by Revived » Fri Apr 3, 2015 10:22 pm

jpm312 wrote:
510TWSS wrote:Felt the Suns had a good plan late in the game to hurt the warriors switches on D. Couple times Tucker ended up being guarded by Bogut who is uneasy coming out to the 3pt line to defend. Although bogut was key to get the offensive rebound to even keep us in the game till the end. Funny how basketball goes.

Bogut on Tucker wasn't a switch. Tucker was their center. Hornacek went full re-tard. Kerr refused to match and go small until the last Phx possession when McAdoo came in for Bogut.

NBAFan76 wrote:Jeff Hornacek is too stupid to be a NBA coach because of these two reasons

1. Didn't tell his team to defend the 3 pointer when up 102-98 with 2 mins

2. His players were shooting the ball with 17 secs left on the shot clock

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

NBAFan76 wrote:
Mk0 wrote:Poor Phoenix. They just can't win the close ones this year.

The Dubs are killers.. God damn I can't wait for the playoffs. Its gonna be great.

They have a stupid coach

Being on national TV allows fans of other teams to see how incompetent Hornacek is too.
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,370

Post#327 » by Puff » Sat Apr 4, 2015 3:56 pm

SF88 wrote:
jpm312 wrote:
510TWSS wrote:Felt the Suns had a good plan late in the game to hurt the warriors switches on D. Couple times Tucker ended up being guarded by Bogut who is uneasy coming out to the 3pt line to defend. Although bogut was key to get the offensive rebound to even keep us in the game till the end. Funny how basketball goes.

Bogut on Tucker wasn't a switch. Tucker was their center. Hornacek went full re-tard. Kerr refused to match and go small until the last Phx possession when McAdoo came in for Bogut.

NBAFan76 wrote:Jeff Hornacek is too stupid to be a NBA coach because of these two reasons

NBAFan76 wrote:
Mk0 wrote:Poor Phoenix. They just can't win the close ones this year.

The Dubs are killers.. God damn I can't wait for the playoffs. Its gonna be great.

They have a stupid coach

Being on national TV allows fans of other teams to see how incompetent Hornacek is too.

I think his usage of Warren speaks volumes. TJ has been a contributor in all facets of the game, except outside shooting. It seems to me that TJ would have found consistent minutes all year long from any another coach in the league. Warren is the only one on the roster that moves without the ball. He just doesn't sit in the corner waiting to get a pass. In many ways he reminds me of one of my favorite Suns of All Time, the Matrix. Marion was not a great outside shooter either but he was a damn valuable player and quite frankly after his departure this franchise has been on the decline.

If this offense ever becomes more than a wild drive to the hoop and kick out to a 3 point shooter I expect Bledsoe, Warren and Len will all become better instantly. Both Warren and Markieff appear to be willing passers but all too often it appears that the plays are designed for them to go one on one or pass to a 3 point shooter if possible. We need better ball/player movement and if Hornacek cannot accomplish that goal, he has to go.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#328 » by RunDogGun » Sat Apr 4, 2015 6:22 pm

So an illegal screen(not called), a ball bouncing out of two Suns, and a travel(not called), proves that Hornacek is incompetent? Man there are some stupid people out there. :crazy:
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#329 » by RunDogGun » Sat Apr 4, 2015 6:34 pm

Puff wrote:
SF88 wrote:
jpm312 wrote:

NBAFan76 wrote:

They have a stupid coach

I think his usage of Warren speaks volumes. TJ has been a contributor in all facets of the game, except outside shooting. It seems to me that TJ would have found consistent minutes all year long from any another coach in the league. Warren is the only one on the roster that moves without the ball. He just doesn't sit in the corner waiting to get a pass. In many ways he reminds me of one of my favorite Suns of All Time, the Matrix. Marion was not a great outside shooter either but he was a damn valuable player and quite frankly after his departure this franchise has been on the decline.

If this offense ever becomes more than a wild drive to the hoop and kick out to a 3 point shooter I expect Bledsoe, Warren and Len will all become better instantly. Both Warren and Markieff appear to be willing passers but all too often it appears that the plays are designed for them to go one on one or pass to a 3 point shooter if possible. We need better ball/player movement and if Hornacek cannot accomplish that goal, he has to go.

Without knowing what Hornacek is running, it's tough to make any assumptions of what plays are being run, right? Early in the season Warren was terrible on defense, so assuming that he would get more burn under a different coach is irrelevant at this point. He, along with Goodwin improved greatly after spending some time in the DLeague.

It's really tough comparing anyone to Marion. Shawn had one of the best second jumps I think I've ever seen in a Suns' uniform. Moreover, Shawn rarely had plays run for him, and gained many of his points scrapping, and out jumping the competition. Lastly, Shawn was one of the best defenders we had, he could literally guard almost every position. Tucker can guard almost any player competently, which is why he started most of this season. TJ, while a good offensive minded player, just isn't better than Tucker right now defensively. However, I really wish he turns into a two way player. TJ also hasn't shown he can out rebound Tucker.

I'm glad he is getting minutes, and thought he should be in the rotation after Tolliver couldn't perform, but dang, some of you guys are over doing things a bit. I do like how he cuts, but rarely have I seen people mention that guys find him when he cuts. The cuts mean squat if guys don't find him, and they are. I think the whole team should get some credit for that. Lately, they have been looking for each other, and the flow has been much better many games since the trade deadline.
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,077

Post#330 » by RaisingArizona » Sat Apr 4, 2015 7:30 pm

Puff wrote:What player or players have got better this season?

I do not see anyone with the exception of Len and most of his improvement are health related. He still has a long way to go.

Is that not part of Hornacek's job?

or does he get a pass on that part of his job

Markieff, Marcus, and Bledsoe are all putting up better numbers this year. Of course, Green is playing much worse and last year Plumlee was solid for most of the year. Goran was also not the same guy this year before the trade.
In Len We Trust
Banned User
And1: 380

Post#331 » by In Len We Trust » Sun Apr 5, 2015 12:14 am

I'm laughing so hard at people crediting Jeff for playing Warren. He has been seeing Warren in practice all year long and glued him to the bench. He could have at least been moved to backup PF.

Same guy that started Plumlee over Len for almost 2 months. **** idiot.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,637

Post#332 » by Qwigglez » Sun Apr 5, 2015 12:33 am

In Len We Trust wrote:

Yeah, I'm sure it had nothing to do with Alex Len being injured over the summer, and not getting to spend any time playing with the starters...
In Len We Trust
Banned User

Post#333 » by In Len We Trust » Sun Apr 5, 2015 1:13 am

Qwigglez wrote:
In Len We Trust wrote:

Yeah, I'm sure it had nothing to do with Alex Len being injured over the summer, and not getting to spend any time playing with the starters...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Who gives a ****? Len was significantly outperforming Plumlee 90% of the time starting from the 1st game. It was a no **** brainer since the 1st week of the season.

Jeff is a dumbass. There is no other way to put it.
Revived
RealGM

Post#334 » by Revived » Sun Apr 5, 2015 4:00 am

Lmao at idiot fans who think every Suns loss is the refs fault :lol:

We got some die hard 9/11 truthers in here I bet! :lol:
saintEscaton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,865

Post#335 » by saintEscaton » Sun Apr 5, 2015 4:14 am

SF88 wrote:Lmao at idiot fans who think every Suns loss is the refs fault :lol:

jet fuel can't melt steel beams, debra
Jonestown Suicide Squad

[. Sign the Petition To Force Sarver Into Selling Our Team

https://www.change.org/p/robert-sarver-sell-the-phoenix-suns-basketball-team-2

RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#336 » by RunDogGun » Sun Apr 5, 2015 4:15 am

Qwigglez wrote:
In Len We Trust wrote:

Plus I am sure there was hope that Plumlee would return to last year's starting form now that he had basically the same starting line up. It didn't happen. Len still hasn't put up the same numbers that Plumlee put up at the start of last year. Len also still has a problem with taking himself out of games by fouling too much. But he is young, hopefully he learns how to correct that.

After seeing Wright's numbers when starting, it's funny that the same people calling Jeff an idiot for starting Plumlee over Len, won't call Jeff an idiot for starting Len over Wright.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#337 » by RunDogGun » Sun Apr 5, 2015 4:18 am

saintEscaton wrote:

Why quote him? He offers nothing to this board but ignorance. Anything of possible value, he just takes from other posters, posts it himself, and then pats himself on the back. :crazy: In line to be a mod for any board is a great example of how this forum has trailed off. :(
Revived
RealGM

Post#338 » by Revived » Sun Apr 5, 2015 9:10 am

Lmao the dude who has no way of talking with posters but insults and attacks thinks I'm a bad poster....that tells me I'm doing something right :D

You turn people off lot more than I do son. Even your bud BurningHeart grew tired of your posts before he jumped off the Suns wagon. You constantly complain that people quote me and yet you still read the posts even though it says on the first line that I'm the one who wrote the post they quoted. And fact that people are still quoting me and discussing with me despite you telling them not to means enough people other than you think I add good value to the discussion.

If you actually liked my posts, then I'd be concerned :lol:
Revived
RealGM

Post#339 » by Revived » Sun Apr 5, 2015 9:18 am

saintEscaton wrote:

An all time classic

In Len We Trust
Banned User

Post#340 » by In Len We Trust » Mon Apr 6, 2015 5:20 am

RunDogGun wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:
In Len We Trust wrote:

Plus I am sure there was hope that Plumlee would return to last year's starting form now that he had basically the same starting line up. It didn't happen. Len still hasn't put up the same numbers that Plumlee put up at the start of last year. Len also still has a problem with taking himself out of games by fouling too much. But he is young, hopefully he learns how to correct that.

After seeing Wright's numbers when starting, it's funny that the same people calling Jeff an idiot for starting Plumlee over Len, won't call Jeff an idiot for starting Len over Wright.

Literally everything in this post is hilariously stupid

Return to Phoenix Suns