ImageImageImage

Who would you trade?

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Which of these player would you trade if you were Suns GM?

Dragic
21%
Bledsoe
16%
Thomas
42%
Green
10%
Somebody else
5%
Nobody, the rooster is not the problem
4%
I would rebuild the team
2%

Total votes: 96

Damkac
Analyst
And1: 2,901

Who would you trade? 

Post#1 » by Damkac » Mon Dec 1, 2014 10:51 pm

Suns looks dissapointing so far this season. Something has to be changed. If you were GM who would you try to trade?
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,819

Re: Who would you trade? 

Post#2 » by Saberestar » Mon Dec 1, 2014 11:59 pm

I would trade Gerald Green, Anthony Tolliver, Miles Plumlee, and Shavlik Randolph. Some picks too, of course.
Then, if we can receive a very good player in return I would trade Isaiah Thomas too.

The others players on the team I think can be a part on a successful Phoenix's team, but we need to add players with a better basketball IQ and with passing skills. If Hornacek wants to move the ball, embrace team's basketball and all that stuff can not have players who can not make even easy pass like Green, Plumlee or Tolliver...they do not have anyclue about passing the ball. Isaiah knows how to pass...but he doesn't want, he prefers to score.
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#3 » by thamadkant » Tue Dec 2, 2014 12:45 am

I would trade 2 of the below players with the following condition (Dragic or Bledsoe and either of Thomas and Green)

Gerald Green
Eric Bledsoe
Goran Dragic
Isaiah Thomas

for a legit (star level) front court help and additional shooter.

if above is not possible

I would trade one of
Isaiah Thomas
Gerald Green

for a decent front court player
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 5,983

Post#4 » by kennydorglas » Tue Dec 2, 2014 1:42 am

I would trade Dragic and/or Green, 'cuz they really dont play defense at all.
Dragic for Stephenson/Biyombo? This trade would make this team SO MUCH BETTER
Green+picks for Ryan Anderson? oh boy, i'd cry for this one.

Tolliver and Plumlee would be in trade conversations too, but i doubt anyone would take this bums.
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
nevetsov
Head Coach
And1: 1,709

Post#5 » by nevetsov » Tue Dec 2, 2014 3:20 am

Can't afford the two drink minimum, huh? :(
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#6 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Tue Dec 2, 2014 3:38 am

I'm not interested in Ryan Anderson. Look forward not back, I say.

I voted Bledsoe. Simply, Thomas has been our best PG this season. We can back him up with the super-steady Ennis. Dragic may leave in free agency, and perhaps that wouldn't be catastrophic, because he's not a 2. I would like to add a 2. I would also like a 4/5 who can rotate with Alex and Kieff. But in a trade, I'll take a solution to one of my two biggest problems with this roster. Wait for the summer to do the other.

I think Bledsoe's the most valuable of the 3, and whereas IT came here voluntarily, Eric had to be coerced. My only question is, what can we get for him?

To any who would vote to "blow it up" - that's not an answer to the question. Goran and Gerald will be free agents in a season. The Morrises aren't going anywhere. We have talent waiting and the wings, and this group isn't contending, so I say, let's not think too much about getting marginally better. Let's continue to build organically.

I'd see what I could get for Bledsoe - hopefully, a package including a future rotation 2 or 4/5. I'd consider dealing PJ or Gerald, and probably Plumlee, if we can get a pick in the deal. Give TJ and Tyler time. My rotation:

Thomas/Ennis
Dragic/Gerald/Goodwin
Marcus/TJ
Markieff/Tolliver
Len/Randolph

These are the players I'm interested in having on the roster next year. Add to this whatever you get for Bled and PJ or whatever. Next season, we fill any holes we haven't filled by trade with whomever we draft or grab in free agency. I've convinced the present is less bright than the future, and I'd like to see the rotation reflect that.
Marz11
Junior
And1: 125

Post#7 » by Marz11 » Tue Dec 2, 2014 3:49 am

Rather than making trades, let the players play through it and let Hornacek coach through it. They had a dream run last year and now is the first real wall they have hit. This is where the learning happens. Let's see what the team is made of.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,423

Post#8 » by Revived » Tue Dec 2, 2014 7:55 am

Marz11 wrote:Rather than making trades, let the players play through it and let Hornacek coach through it. They had a dream run last year and now is the first real wall they have hit. This is where the learning happens. Let's see what the team is made of.

We don't have time, Dragic and Green are both FAs after the year.

The longer we wait to trade, the more they lose value cause teams could just sign those guys 3-4 months later if we wait too long.

That's if we go towards the route of trading one of them.

And we're already 1/4 done with the season.
phrazbit
Sixth Man
And1: 649

Post#9 » by phrazbit » Tue Dec 2, 2014 10:40 am

SF88 wrote:
Marz11 wrote:Rather than making trades, let the players play through it and let Hornacek coach through it. They had a dream run last year and now is the first real wall they have hit. This is where the learning happens. Let's see what the team is made of.

The longer we wait to trade, the more they lose value cause teams could just sign those guys 3-4 months later if we wait too long.

That argument might have merit if we were trading them before the season even started but at this point its more likely they gain value rather than lose it as the deadline approaches and teams are feeling the pressure to bring in guys who can potentially put them over the top.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,170

Post#10 » by MrMiyagi » Tue Dec 2, 2014 9:36 pm

phrazbit wrote:
SF88 wrote:

That argument might have merit if we were trading them before the season even started but at this point its more likely they gain value rather than lose it as the deadline approaches and teams are feeling the pressure to bring in guys who can potentially put them over the top.

Exactly. Gerald Green and Dragic will look very attractive, especially since they don't have cap hold for this summer.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,101

Post#11 » by RaisingArizona » Wed Dec 3, 2014 2:53 am

When you're barely above .500, nobody is untouchable.
mybloodisorange
Rookie
And1: 66

Post#12 » by mybloodisorange » Wed Dec 3, 2014 5:44 am

The roster is the problem.
Everybody dies but not everybody truly lives.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,462

Post#13 » by bwgood77 » Wed Dec 3, 2014 6:30 am

Here is the thing. We have a pretty good squad. They haven't meshed well yet, but the scary thing about the WC is that we have 8 legit teams who are definitely better than us when healthy. I don't know how you can dispute that.

So we are in the second tier with Sac, Den and NO, and they all, except for Denver have legit big time players....big guy players which make the most impact unless you have a guy like we did with KJ or Nash who just seemed to elevate everyone else in a big way can make a huge difference. I love Dragic and Bledsoe, and honestly I really like everyone on this team.

Plus, you can arguably say that other than the Lakers, the Jazz and TWolves have better younger players than us for the future. But of course we don't know because TJ and Len don't get enough time. We NEED to play those guys, especially once we fall out of the playoff race. If we continue on a run with Dragic and Bledsoe playing like tonight, we could make it, but if IT comes back, I doubt they do. As good as he is, he makes multiple players worse....I always value PER, but watching the team, he is earning that at the team's expense.

But one of the things that made last year's team click is that they loved playing together and everyone was happy and motivated to give it their all.

I think Thomas is a great player, but I just think first and foremost he has disrupted the chemistry. I have seen people post PERs and feel that should determine everything, but if you take team chemistry into the equation, it is VASTLY disrupted.

Dragic and Bledsoe need minutes, and they need to both handle the ball often, AND they need to occasionally be the lead pg when the other guy sits....it's perfect...but with Thomas that never happens.

I see people blaming Dragic or saying he is worth no more than his contract and that is nonsense. It's all about using guys in the right way, which Hornacek executed perfectly last year.

But this year he got another pg and had to play him....I'm not sure who advocated for this but I HOPE it was McD for trade value.

The simple answer is we don't need him. The team struggled without him for a few games but that is expected as they had gotten used to having to defer to him on the floor. Sure, he looked good, but my least favorite players in the league are Kobe and Melo and while good, they don't lead their team to wins unless they are surrounded by the perfect counterparts.

Dragic and Bledsoe finally found their groove tonight and I hate the thought of IT coming back in and taking them out of that groove.

I had a Charlotte fan I am buddies with telling me they announced everyone is on the block except for Kemba and Jefferson, so they might be the partner.

I know we've had discussions about Biyombo, and this year with his blocks and rebounds as of late, he could help, but even if he didn't, we free up cap space sooner due to his rookie contract.

We need the shakeup one way or another, and we need to get Len and Warren more time.
TheBledShow
Junior
And1: 39

Post#14 » by TheBledShow » Wed Dec 3, 2014 7:00 am

Everyone acted like the 3 guards could work because Curry, Thompson, and Jack all played together.... Yea they played well together..... Curry and Thompson went 40 mins and Jack went over 30 mins. But imagine putting Gerald Green right in the middle of that..... Its just 2 many guards, and 2 guards in Isaiah and Green that are heat check guys. IMO, Dragic and Bledsoe play to well together when they are in a groove. It comes down to keeping Isaiah or Green? Dont forget for ITs contract he is still a great trade bait, because of his offensive production, if the 3 pgs dont work along with green, its simple we trade IT no harm no foul.... Green has always been the perfect wing scorer off the bench for our offense, so easy to play with if your a pg... especially with his ability to spot up and shoot. A pg that would work on this team is a guy like Ish Smith, a quick pg who passes first, I dont care what people say about Ish on this board, but the guy was a savior at times last year, and was a very good passer, he could get steals, he was a creative passer, and he was lighting quick, I dont care if he couldnt shoot or score, he fit our scheme very nicely.

Trade IT for a front court player and a pick. A nice rebounding pf would be nice off our bench.
JDLAW
Suns Forum CBA and Legal Expert
And1: 1,301

Post#15 » by JDLAW » Wed Dec 3, 2014 8:56 pm

kennydorglas wrote:I would trade Dragic and/or Green, 'cuz they really dont play defense at all.

Tolliver and Plumlee would be in trade conversations too, but i doubt anyone would take this bums.

Dragic and Green for Stephenson and Biyombo? McD would have to have imbibed 2 bottles of Jack Daniels to go in this direction. Moronic trade ideas.
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 5,983

Post#16 » by kennydorglas » Wed Dec 3, 2014 9:02 pm

JDLAW wrote:
kennydorglas wrote:I would trade Dragic and/or Green, 'cuz they really dont play defense at all.

Dragic and Green for Stephenson and Biyombo? McD would have to have imbibed 2 bottles of Jack Daniels to go in this direction. Moronic trade ideas.

Learn to read, my man.
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
JDLAW

Post#17 » by JDLAW » Wed Dec 3, 2014 10:00 pm

kennydorglas wrote:
JDLAW wrote:

Learn to read, my man.

I know how to read my son. I said these moronic trade ideas and they are. You are better than putting this garbage out.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#18 » by bwgood77 » Wed Dec 3, 2014 10:26 pm

JDLAW wrote:
kennydorglas wrote:
JDLAW wrote:

Learn to read, my man.

I know how to read my son. I said these moronic trade ideas and they are. You are better than putting this garbage out.

You wouldn't trade Green and picks for Anderson? Not that I think New Orleans would do it anyway, but I think that type of move certainly wouldn't hurt the team. Love Green but there is a chance he leaves and we have a clogged backcourt.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#19 » by bwgood77 » Wed Dec 3, 2014 10:27 pm

JDLAW wrote:
kennydorglas wrote:
JDLAW wrote:

Learn to read, my man.

You wouldn't trade Green and picks for Anderson? Not that I think New Orleans would do it anyway, but I think that type of move certainly wouldn't hurt the team. Love Green but there is a chance he leaves and we have a clogged backcourt.
JDLAW

Post#20 » by JDLAW » Wed Dec 3, 2014 11:22 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
JDLAW wrote:
kennydorglas wrote:
Learn to read, my man.

I do not know if I would or not It all depends on what else has to be sent to NOP to balance out the salary difference. We do not have cap to make the trade straight up and I know NOP would not do so.

I think 98% of these trade suggestions over the past couple of days are juvenile knee-jerk reactions to a couple of tough games. When you start seeing names like Hickson, Biyombo, Stevenson, Monroe and the mystery all-star big man (unnamed or course) that is going to send us over the top you know this has degenerated into garbage. Of course we have those that want to trade Dragic and Green for rookies and draft choices to avoid a cap holds or having to pay them. And we have the other geniuses who think its time to sit all the vets and play the rookies to develop them because it OK two games before we hit the quarter-popint to punt a team that sits in a playoff spot into the tank so that Tyler Ennis can develop.

You seem to be one of the few posters here that has kept his head and not engaged in the insanity. People need to be a little patient while this team works through its issues. Mid season trades for players that change the fundamental nature of the team almost never are successful and often kills teams in the long term.

Return to Phoenix Suns