SUNS GT: game 23 vs heat

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,347

Re: SUNS GT: game 23 vs heat 

Post#141 » by Revived » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:09 am

I WISH we had a GM like this. There's a reason that he's the best in the biz

The Toronto Raptors have six players on expiring contracts worth a total of $30 million with only Amir Johnson and Lou Williams being defined as core assets in that group.

Masai Ujiri is unhurried to make a move despite being at the top of the Eastern Conference with a chance to go deep in the playoffs.

“We’ve got young players,” he said. “When you take a job, you have to assess the guys you need and the guys you don’t. Some of that we did right away and some of it we waited.

“But now we’re at the stage where we let the players grow. You need to let your players grow. We will continue to look at our team, but the key is we have young players and they players will hopefully continue to get better and continue to grow.

It has been exactly a year since the Raptors traded Rudy Gay to the Sacramento Kings, but Ujiri doesn't want to make another bold move at this time.

“This is the time to let it sit and play itself out,” Ujiri said. “It’s not the time to play poker, not now.”

What's funny is the Raptors are better set for the future AND the present than the Suns.
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#142 » by thamadkant » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:52 am

ginobiliflops wrote:Different game, same story. Need a 5 badly who can consistently contribute every night. Brook?

I'm ok with getting him.

Plumlee + Thomas
For
Lopez
Nando88
Veteran
And1: 256

Post#143 » by Nando88 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:59 am

I just want Plumlee off this roster

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer
And1: 5,479

Post#144 » by gaspar » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:18 am

SF88 wrote:I WISH we had a GM like this. There's a reason that he's the best in the biz

The Toronto Raptors have six players on expiring contracts worth a total of $30 million with only Amir Johnson and Lou Williams being defined as core assets in that group.

Masai Ujiri is unhurried to make a move despite being at the top of the Eastern Conference with a chance to go deep in the playoffs.

“We’ve got young players,” he said. “When you take a job, you have to assess the guys you need and the guys you don’t. Some of that we did right away and some of it we waited.

“But now we’re at the stage where we let the players grow. You need to let your players grow. We will continue to look at our team, but the key is we have young players and they players will hopefully continue to get better and continue to grow.

It has been exactly a year since the Raptors traded Rudy Gay to the Sacramento Kings, but Ujiri doesn't want to make another bold move at this time.

“This is the time to let it sit and play itself out,” Ujiri said. “It’s not the time to play poker, not now.”

What's funny is the Raptors are better set for the future AND the present than the Suns.

What a hypocrite you are. If you want to let our players grow, then why are you whining so much about lineup changes and trades in every thread.

Oh and by the way, Tyler Ennis played twice as many minutes in the NBA as both Raptors rookies combined so far. And the only reason why the Raptors are in a better position than the Suns is because they are in the Eastern Conference.
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#145 » by thamadkant » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:22 pm

It's debatable whether Raptors would have better record than the Suns if they were out west or vice versa...

Suns have dropped games against non playoff east teams...

Raptors have been slightly better at the very least than the Suns so far.

With that said, as long as Suns are close to their opponents the rookies/youth (outside of Len) won't be playing much... Hornacek wants to get wins.

Exceptions are back to backs, Injuries, suspensions etc.

But depending on their record, by February the young players could be playing more.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#146 » by TASTIC » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:36 pm

gaspar wrote:
SF88 wrote:I WISH we had a GM like this. There's a reason that he's the best in the biz

What a hypocrite you are. If you want to let our players grow, then why are you whining so much about lineup changes and trades in every thread.

Oh and by the way, Tyler Ennis played twice as many minutes in the NBA as both Raptors rookies combined so far. And the only reason why the Raptors are in a better position than the Suns is because they are in the Eastern Conference.

EXACTLY what you said, was just about to write it.

The other FOUR teams in TOR's division have a COMBINED 21 wins. The Warriors have 18.

Not taking anything away from Ujiri and the Raptors, but having the 'best of both worlds' isn't a luxury we have in the West.

Len needs to start though, it will do Plumlee good to play against back-ups and not worry so much about starting the game avoiding fouls. Plus we won't have to watch that stupid first play post-up we seem to always want to run through him...
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,347

Post#147 » by Revived » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:45 pm

gaspar wrote:

Re read again bud, I want the young players to grow and guess what, we have a major log jam on this at multiple positions and the only way to take care of that is through trades.

And yes I want lineuo changes so that our young players get an opportunity to play, develop and grow. We have the freaking ACC Player of the Year warming our bench for us...Um yea we're not that good.

And your right, being in the East certainly plays a big part but we have lost games to some pathetic ECF teams as well. Plus, Raptors won the head to head matchup and if they get DeRozan back in time, they'll probably win the rest of the head to head matchups as well.
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 5,983

Post#148 » by kennydorglas » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:48 pm

Every big is killing us because Plumlee allow them to get hot early.
Its freakin' unbelievable that Plumlee isnt EVEN CONTESTING THEIR SHOTS. He's just watching and waiting for the inbound. When Alex Len comes in, we have a better defense and their big wont go hard to the rim because of Len. When Plumlee is on court, their prime sets is to give the ball for his matchup and let'em feast.

THIS IS KILLING US. We are shooting lights out and still losing 'cause we cant defend the rim early and give up so many turnovers with lazy offense.

Give 30min for Len and hope that Plumlee can regain his confidence against other teams scrubs.
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
suns91fan
Junior
And1: 240

Post#149 » by suns91fan » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:22 pm

kennydorglas wrote:Every big is killing us because Plumlee allow them to get hot early.
Its freakin' unbelievable that Plumlee isnt EVEN CONTESTING THEIR SHOTS. He's just watching and waiting for the inbound. When Alex Len comes in, we have a better defense and their big wont go hard to the rim because of Len. When Plumlee is on court, their prime sets is to give the ball for his matchup and let'em feast.

THIS IS KILLING US. We are shooting lights out and still losing 'cause we cant defend the rim early and give up so many turnovers with lazy offense.

Give 30min for Len and hope that Plumlee can regain his confidence against other teams scrubs.

Didn't you open that "Defensive stats" thread few days ago? You posted defensive stats there, and from what i can see, Len's and Plumlee's defense is almost identical. And now you say there is a massive difference between them...

Too much Plumlee hate here, even though neither one of them is significantly better than the other.
NavLDO
Suns Forum Defensive Player of the Year
And1: 1,425

Post#150 » by NavLDO » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:14 pm

kennydorglas wrote:Every big is killing us because Plumlee allow them to get hot early.

Absolutely. This is one of those rare instances that playing the "young guy" in favor of the more "experienced" guy actually kills two birds....Len is just straight up better, and could use the burn against other team's starters AND the experience of actually starting a game. He can't possibly do worse than Plumlee. And if Plumlee is going to be part of a package in a trade, at this point, he's going to be negative value rather than positive. Why not "showcase" Plumlee in a role that he would be playing on another team, and that would be as a reserve big. NO ONE is going to use Plumlee as a starter--he's flat out the WORST starting 5 in the NBA by a wide margin. He should be a 3rd string, with Kieff as our #2 Center, and let Marcus and Tolliver share time at the 4, some thing to the effect of:

Kieff -- Starts as the PF for 5 or so minutes, then bring in Marcus/Tolliver, and rotate Kieff to the 5 and sit Len. Kieff gets 5 minutes at PF, 30 minutes at C

Len -- Starts as the 5, plays 5 or so minutes, depending, then sit him in favor of Kieff. Len gets about a total of 25 minutes at the 5, if he doesn't foul-out sooner.

Marcus -- Comes in relief of Kieff at the 4. Plays about 23-25 minutes at the 4.

Tolly -- Comes in relief of Marcus. Plays about 18-20 minutes at the 4.

PJ -- Starts at the 3; plays 20-25 minutes.

Warren -- Comes in relief of PJ; plays 10-15 minutes, depending, and whatever he can't play, Green or Marcus plays the remaining at SF.

Something to the effect of the above would be worth trying. If Warren isn't ready, let Green/Marcus play more.

-And for those that don't like the Morri, I truly don't understand how you can't like what they are providing for $13M per. For that price, we are getting, per game: 25 pts, 10.5 rebs, 4 assts, 1 blk, 36% 3pt%, 45.5% FG%. I know you can't really look at it like that specifically, but point is, we are getting pretty good production from these guys at a bargain. That's a 1/4 of our production per game at a 1/5 of the total salary cost. Hard to beat that, IMO. Marcus=10pts, 4rebs for $5M; Kieff=15pts, 6.5rebs for $8M. Good luck finding that somewhere else in the league NOT on a rookie contract.

-And for those claiming Len will never amount to being a good starting 5 for us, we're paying $14M for 4 pts on 2-11, 0-6 3pt shooting, and 7 TOs for our starting PG. And it's not that much of an anomaly, either, he's had other similar games:

3-11 vs UTA
0-6 vs LAC
2-10 vs IND
4-14 vs DEN
5-14 vs ORL

He's also had games with multiple TOs--9, 7, 6, 6, and last night's 7

Point being, EB is not any more consistent than Len is, but I don't see people claiming that EB not being worthy of being our starting PG, and worse yet, EB is a Vet, whereas, for all intents and purposes, this is Len's rookie year, and we are all of 23 games into it.

I can't say Len will for sure be a stud starting 5 for us; all I'm saying is that it's WAY too early to tell at this point, and we just need to be patient. And for those that want to point to the success of Dieng, Olynyk, and O'Quinn, all of these players have 2-3 times the amount of playing time under their belts, and are at least 2 years older. Same with Adams or Drummond--they may be the same age, but minutes played and starting are 3x and 6x that of Len, respectively.

Am I acting like a Len apologist? Yep. But I don't know how else to show that Len is a far way off from his prime and it's not really fair to judge one way or the other yet.

And one more thing, I know I come in here, game thread after game thread, the morning after acting like little miss sunshine, but I usually need that "night of sleep" before I come in here to post my opinions on the team, because if I posted during the game, I'd be just as much of a "negative nancy" as a lot of you, so please don't take my "after the fact" analysis of trying to be all high and mighty like I'm the model of rational thought--I'm just as guilty as anyone else of knee-jerk analysis, and even after the fact, I'm wrong more often than right! :lol: :lol:
aIvin adams
Analyst
And1: 1,978

Post#151 » by aIvin adams » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:44 pm

alright i've come around

i would prefer to see Len start. if they're gonna split the minutes, let's see what Len can do w the big boys.
Eney
Ballboy
And1: 19

Post#152 » by Eney » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:29 pm

The small ball lineup in the end of close games is killing us. The interiour D with the small ball lineup is worse then the lineup with the worse starting center in the NBA.

I think that lineup killed us in the end, as we did not get any stops at the end of the game.

Why Len is not getting more minutes then Plum is beyond me. Maybe the medical staff set some limitations, that is the only explanation I can think of.

We need a small trade for an interiour defender, Pachulia, Haywood, someone cheap that can play some D. Or trade one of the guards for a bigger interiour presence, IT and picks for Asik, something like that.

We dont need masive trades we just need a minor trade for a center that can play D in crunch time, and does not allow opposing centers career nights against us. Then just roll with the group we have.

Waren should play a few minutes every game, just a few so he gets a feel for the game, then just increase them slowly, especially in games like yesterday. 4th game in 5 nights and a back to back. Starters were tired yesterday.

Return to Phoenix Suns