ImageImageImage

Game 24 - Phoenix Suns (12-11) vs Detroit Pistons (3-19)

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,348

Re: Game 24 - Phoenix Suns (12-11) vs Detroit Pistons (3-19) 

Post#221 » by Revived » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:38 pm

NavLDO wrote:
1UPZ wrote:
iLLmatic3 wrote:Hornacek is definitely not the problem, we have a collection of misfits on this team. In all honesty I'd be completely okay with blowing this **** up and trading whoever. No one on this team is untouchable, there is not one single player on this team that I'd consider a "franchise player". I'd like to play our young players for the rest of the year and let them develop and earn our way to a nice lottery pick to supplement the pick we are getting from LA this year also. The success we experienced last year gave Ryan a false sense of comfort that he shouldn't have. And that Bledsoe signing that everyone was happy about? What a **** move, along with the Morris twins, we should have told those **** to go fly a kite - now we have two mediocre players tying up roster spots because the **** can't play effectively without each other like a security blanket.

Bledsoe is "ok" for 14-15 million a year... he is a 2 way player 2nd/3rd option on a good team.

The Morris twins... Markieff is a good backup, but sadly with him you have to re-sign his brother... they take up 2 spots and minutes away from another SF like Warren who the Suns could be giving minutes instead... also having Green and Tucker play together at SG/SF spots.

And another bad thing is, that even if another team is interested for a Markieff trade, they are kind of forced to get Marcus also.... since neither would be happy without the other.

I seriously do not get the hate for Kieff on this board. No, he's not an All-Star, but he's fairly consistent and dependable night after night. His last 7 games he's avg'ing 16.3pts/7.4 rebs, with only one game in those 7 in single digits; and on the season he's 15.1pts/6.5rebs, so he's getting better as the season progresses, and as it is, he's ranked 10th in pts for PFs. He's getting minutes at the 5 and playing better there than our starter, Plumlee.

All this on only $8M per. He's putting up numbers very similar to Millsap, Monroes, Ibaka, R. Anderson (who everyone here wants--BTW, shooting .336 from 3), and Favors. Yes, his reb numbers are a bit low, but he's on an outstanding contract for what he's providing.

And Marcus? Are you kidding me? He's shooting 42% from 3, and is a 10/4 guys this year on 25 minutes. We want a stretch 4? Why the heck aren't they using him more in that role for $5M per.

No, the Morri are not the problem here. It's Plumlee and Tolliver--Plumlee is playing too MUCH, and Toliver is playing too LITTLE--meaning, he's not getting minutes because he's just not very good overall. It's the system fit for IT--he's miscast in this system. It's the inconsistency from Bledsoe--he's a triple-double one, and he's 2-11 the next game. It's Goran coming back down to earth. But most of all????

It's Len not starting, plain and simple. Hornacek, after this pitiful loss to a bad team, he's got to wake up and see that Len needs to start--NOW!! We can't get much worse! Play Len and Warren and Ennis and Goodwin! Easy for us to say as fans, but c'mon, this is NOT working right now. 3 losses in a row, where 2 should've been wins, IMO. I certainly don't want to "ruin" our young players by putting them in situations they aren't ready for, but Len and Goodwin, at a minimum, need more court time. Goodwin should be in every game for at least 4-5 minutes, and again, Len should be starting and playing roughly 25 minutes a game.

I'm usually more positive after a night's sleep, but not this time...losing to the Pistons--at home? They need to be winning these games, and comfortably, IMO. But back to my original point, the Morri are not even close to the top of our concerns right now. The two are producing, plain and simple, and doing so on incredibly favorable contracts. I just don't get all the talk about upgrading Kieff. Please tell me who you think would be better for us that would even be available.

Faried at $12.5M/per? 11/6.8 stat line

Millsap at $9.5M per? 16.9/7.7 stat line. He's the only guy on a comparable deal to Kieff, but he only signed til 2016 to get his big payday, so it's coming.

Ibaka at $12.3M/per? Untouchable, unfortunately, but he's not THAT much better than Kieff, and worse in a couple of areas.

Anyway, the hate for Kieff in unwarranted, and can't believe fans are actually complaining about him. And Marcus? Why the heck is he not getting more minutes as the stretch 4? Honestly, a career 37.5% 3-pt shooter and 42% this season? He needs to be averaging 5-6 threes a game, like Anderson, Teletovic, Frye, D. Green, and Love.

OK, rant over!

Im probably the biggest Kieff fan of the forum and I don't want him traded and I think he's done a fine job as starter this year.

However if you seriousky think that Ibaka is not "THAT" much better than Kieff, either your ignorant or don't watch OKC basketball. Very few players make a bigger difference in the NBA defensively than Ibaka. He changes most shots and alters or blocks the rest of them.

Teams actually gameplan for Ibaka's defense before playing OKC. They actually say "OK here let's set screen on him and drive this way so that we can avoid driving towards Ibaka".

So um yea while Kieff may be better offensively, Ibaka can still down jumpers with ease and his suffocating defense means he has WAY bigger impact on any game than Kieff.

As for Marcus, he's the 3rd most selfish player on the Suns. Nothing but isos. Him, Green & IT know nothing else than isos.
NavLDO
Suns Forum Defensive Player of the Year
And1: 1,425

Post#222 » by NavLDO » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:26 pm

SF88 wrote:Im probably the biggest Kieff fan of the forum and I don't want him traded and I think he's done a fine job as starter this year.

However if you seriousky think that Ibaka is not "THAT" much better than Kieff, either your ignorant or don't watch OKC basketball. Very few players make a bigger difference in the NBA defensively than Ibaka. He changes most shots and alters or blocks the rest of them.

Teams actually gameplan for Ibaka's defense before playing OKC. They actually say "OK here let's set screen on him and drive this way so that we can avoid driving towards Ibaka".

So um yea while Kieff may be better offensively, Ibaka can still down jumpers with ease and his suffocating defense means he has WAY bigger impact on any game than Kieff.

As for Marcus, he's the 3rd most selfish player on the Suns. Nothing but isos. Him, Green & IT know nothing else than isos.

OK, maybe a better way to word it was that Ibaka @ 12.3M per is not that much better in comparison to Kieff @ $8M per. Yes, what Ibaka provides on the defensive front is much better than what Kieff provides, but Kieff is just as good on the offensive side of the ball.
BurningHeart
General Manager
And1: 1,425

Post#223 » by BurningHeart » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:14 am

You know what we *should* do....

Trade Isaiah Thomas for someone or a pick or two and sign Ray Allen. Start Allen with Dragic. Dragic/Allen/Tucker/Markieff/Len. Bledsoe/Green/Marcus/Tolliver/Plumlee.

I know Ray Allen won't sign with Phoenix cuz he's a ring-chaser at this point but it would be fantastic. Give Dragic two guys who can nail threes, including one who's actually RELIABLE every single night and Tucker for perimeter defense, a big man to pick and pop with or roll to the basket or dish under the basket for easy dunks, and Markieff's versatility.

Then you give Bledsoe the athletic Green, three three point shooters in Green, Marcus, and Tolliver, and Plumlee down low for alley-oops and easy hoops.

You could run a Bledsoe/Dragic/Allen/Tucker/Markieff lineup when you want to go small and guard-heavy. Bledsoe/Tucker for defense, Bledsoe and Dragic sharing the ball, Allen and Tucker for threes.

You could have Allen with Bledsoe too if need be. Just have him be the **** gunner. We NEED someone to be reliable.
GrantHill
Veteran
And1: 74

Post#224 » by GrantHill » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:39 am

Allen regressed steadily from year to year, struggled in the playoffs last season can't defend anybody and isn't good for 25+ minutes a game anymore. He's not the solution.
Hill on Nash going to the Lakers: “That’s like transferring from Duke and going to Carolina.”
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,625

Post#225 » by lilfishi22 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:37 pm

Took the weekend off from posting due to holiday related activities (read:drinking) and also because I was utterly disappointed by this loss.

The 2nd half of the 4th when we were running the 3-headed PG line-up was completely idiotic. The two guards without the ball are ball watching while the other is desperately trying to get off a shot. Instead of having 3 PG's out there with two of them standing motionless watching the plays happen, how about we get some Gerald Green running around the floor trying to find and opening. At least we're getting some movement and making a distraction. Honestly, when we have 3 PG's out there, the two who don't have the ball are literally just waiting for the ball to get to them. It's ugly, ugly basketball. In that whole 4th quarter, we had 1 assist. ONE.

There's no reason why two high volume shooters like Curry/Thompson can co-exist and our guards can't. It only takes off-the ball movement and any number less than 3 PG's on the floor at any one time.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame

Return to Phoenix Suns