Official Trade Thread: New Year, New Thread, New Laughs

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Re: Official Trade Thread: New Year, New Thread, New Laughs 

Post#1901 » by thamadkant » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:47 pm

JJ13 wrote:
SF88 wrote:Anyone else think that Kieff started getting more techs once we paired him with his brother?

I don't remember techs being an issue his first 2 years in the league.

Ya they think they're the cool kids now, especially since older players have left. Not a bad thing as I do believe they are good leaders...but the tech's don't reflect that.

I think both don't have the ability to be leaders. The technicals and argumentative behaviour with coaches is proof of that.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,421

Post#1902 » by Revived » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:55 pm

1UPZ wrote:
SF88 wrote:Anyone else think that Kieff started getting more techs once we paired him with his brother?

I think they've picked up some attitude... And it's not positive.

They've shown some arrogance, which is fine if they were stars, as they back it up on the court, atleast you can be a fan of their performances. But for me, I will always be looking for upgrades from them, both abilities and attitude.

Still can't erase that image of Marcus Morris yelling at Hornacek and Markieff talking smack to a rookie on the media.

Its even worse when you find out what was actually said

http://sportige.com/phoenix-suns-what-d ... 1-08-2015/
JJ13
Rookie
And1: 488

Post#1903 » by JJ13 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:56 pm

1UPZ wrote:
JJ13 wrote:

Ya they think they're the cool kids now, especially since older players have left. Not a bad thing as I do believe they are good leaders...but the tech's don't reflect that.

I think both don't have the ability to be leaders. The technicals and argumentative behaviour with coaches is proof of that.

Agree to disagree...they are good kids, emphasis on "kids". Clearly they were told they would be leaders on the team, with both Goran and EB not being vocal leaders themselves, and Channing leaving. They got big heads and have overstepped on several occasions, needing some humbling which is what the FO seems to be doing with the tech policy. I think both will come out of this better off, and props to the FO for having the balls to teach boys how to be men and professionals. I think Jerry would have done the same thing. The organization has always been about building character as well as good players.
Revived
RealGM

Post#1904 » by Revived » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:58 pm

I haven't seen the Morris twins be "vocal leaders". Not once have I seen them do anything on the court on the bench to make me think their the vocal leaders of this team.
JJ13
Rookie

Post#1905 » by JJ13 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:03 pm

SF88 wrote:I haven't seen the Morris twins be "vocal leaders". Not once have I seen them do anything on the court on the bench to make me think their the vocal leaders of this team.

Serious? They are the first ones off the bench to give props to their teammates. Kieff is constantly pulling talking to teammates on the court, seemingly giving advice. Am I think only one who sees this? I truly believe Kieff is trying.

As for Horny, not a very smart move to call one of your players (kids) a Pu**y after he got hit in the face, T or no T...what do you think that's going to do, calm him down? If you're going to blame the players for the continued T's, you have to blame the coach's inability to communicate and stop the T's. Simply benching players won't do the trick, as we saw with the Clips game
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#1906 » by thamadkant » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:09 pm

JJ13 wrote:Agree to disagree...they are good kids, emphasis on "kids". Clearly they were told they would be leaders on the team, with both Goran and EB not being vocal leaders themselves, and Channing leaving. They got big heads and have overstepped on several occasions, needing some humbling which is what the FO seems to be doing with the tech policy. I think both will come out of this better off, and props to the FO for having the balls to teach boys how to be men and professionals. I think Jerry would have done the same thing. The organization has always been about building character as well as good players.

Agree to disagree indeed.

But just to clarify your points as to why the Morris can be good leaders...
- "Big" headed players that arent elite stars, tend to not get the respect by their team mates, are also bad role models for the young players on the team, which the Suns have several of.
- They are not kids anymore either, under 21 year olds, I can tolerate a bit, but 23 and over year olds with sufficient college experience and around 3 years NBA experience should be better behaved. Again, I wouldnt mind their attitudes if they were elite but they are not.
- Funny you mentioned the franchise is about building character and good players, but so far the Morris twins has been from from being good characters, they arent bad, but they are further from good at this point.
JJ13
Rookie

Post#1907 » by JJ13 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:16 pm

1UPZ wrote:
JJ13 wrote:Agree to disagree...they are good kids, emphasis on "kids". Clearly they were told they would be leaders on the team, with both Goran and EB not being vocal leaders themselves, and Channing leaving. They got big heads and have overstepped on several occasions, needing some humbling which is what the FO seems to be doing with the tech policy. I think both will come out of this better off, and props to the FO for having the balls to teach boys how to be men and professionals. I think Jerry would have done the same thing. The organization has always been about building character as well as good players.

Agree to disagree indeed.

But just to clarify your points as to why the Morris can be good leaders...
- "Big" headed players that arent elite stars, tend to not get the respect by their team mates, are also bad role models for the young players on the team, which the Suns have several of.
- They are not kids anymore either, under 21 year olds, I can tolerate a bit, but 23 and over year olds with sufficient college experience and around 3 years NBA experience should be better behaved. Again, I wouldnt mind their attitudes if they were elite but they are not.
- Funny you mentioned the franchise is about building character and good players, but so far the Morris twins has been from from being good characters, they arent bad, but they are further from good at this point.

Not just my opinion...from just a few weeks ago: http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2015/ ... than-apart
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer
And1: 5,479

Post#1908 » by gaspar » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:25 pm

SF88 wrote:I haven't seen the Morris twins be "vocal leaders". Not once have I seen them do anything on the court on the bench to make me think their the vocal leaders of this team.

November 18
Coro:
Rookie small forward T.J. Warren had played one minute of mop-up duty as a NBA player before he was given 12 rotation minutes in a tight road game Monday night.

He looked like a veteran at times, scoring seven points in the fourth quarter by pump-faking for a step-in jumper, scoring on his second offensive rebound and spotting up for a transition 3-pointer. It was as if his 42- and 30-point games at D-League Bakersfield were a warm-up for when the team needed him with P.J. Tucker made inactive for missing a team bus Sunday.

"All credit goes to the coaching staff for trusting me and giving me confidence," Warren said. "The Morris twins have been giving me confidence and other teammates.

"I'm just trying to do what I can to make it hard for the coach to take me out. That's doing all the little things — cleaning up (the glass) and playing defense, anything that will give me more time."

Markieff Morris did wrap his hand around Warren's head on the court after the game to say he was proud of the 21-year-old.
Revived
RealGM

Post#1909 » by Revived » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:33 pm

gaspar wrote:

November 18
Coro:
Rookie small forward T.J. Warren had played one minute of mop-up duty as a NBA player before he was given 12 rotation minutes in a tight road game Monday night.

He looked like a veteran at times, scoring seven points in the fourth quarter by pump-faking for a step-in jumper, scoring on his second offensive rebound and spotting up for a transition 3-pointer. It was as if his 42- and 30-point games at D-League Bakersfield were a warm-up for when the team needed him with P.J. Tucker made inactive for missing a team bus Sunday.

"All credit goes to the coaching staff for trusting me and giving me confidence," Warren said. "The Morris twins have been giving me confidence and other teammates.

"I'm just trying to do what I can to make it hard for the coach to take me out. That's doing all the little things — cleaning up (the glass) and playing defense, anything that will give me more time."

Markieff Morris did wrap his hand around Warren's head on the court after the game to say he was proud of the 21-year-old.

I stand corrected.
NaturalBuns
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,463

Post#1910 » by NaturalBuns » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:48 pm

Why would the suns trade the Morris bros?
They resigned them a year early.

It's got to be, Plumlee/Dragic/Green/Thomas.
oldscho0led wrote:Baseball is all about momentum. Pirates will carry their winning ways and beat Giants in the Wildcard.

A's over Royals. Lester and experience will prove that he's worth the trade.

Tigers winning it all. Tigers are, imo, peaking at the right time.
JJ13
Rookie

Post#1911 » by JJ13 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:12 pm

NaturalBuns wrote:Why would the suns trade the Morris bros?
They resigned them a year early.

It's got to be, Plumlee/Dragic/Green/Thomas.

I agree, but I'm also guessing the increased cap has something to do with it...lock them up for cheap before the market gets richer
Nando88
Veteran
And1: 256

Official Trade Thread: New Year, New Thread, New Laughs 

Post#1912 » by Nando88 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:15 pm

1UPZ wrote:
JJ13 wrote:

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
MilotheSlayer
Senior
And1: 261

Post#1913 » by MilotheSlayer » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:21 pm

I would trade Green to the Nets for either Bogdanovic or else Karasev. Looking at the Nets standing and lack of draft picks I think they'd be interested in an expiring who could help them push into the playoffs. Neither Bog or Karasev is a standout prospect but they could help down the road.
JJ13
Rookie

Post#1914 » by JJ13 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:28 pm

Charlotte looking to get PG help with Kemba out...throwing this out there without watching much of the Hornet's games, more so coming from what I hear and draft hype from last year:

IT
Green
Plumlee

for

Biyombo
Vonleh
Stephenson

Suns get big-man youth and depth and a super-talented (but crazy?) SG

Bledsoe-Dragic-Ennis
Dragic-Stephenson (either/or as starter)-Archie-Bullock
Tucker-Marcus-Warren
Kieff-Vonleh
Len-Wright/Biyombo

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine
AtheJ415
Head Coach
And1: 5,359

Post#1915 » by AtheJ415 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:37 pm

JJ13 wrote:Charlotte looking to get PG help with Kemba out...throwing this out there without watching much of the Hornet's games, more so coming from what I hear and draft hype from last year:

IT
Green
Plumlee

for

Biyombo
Vonleh
Stephenson

Bledsoe-Dragic-Ennis
Tucker-Marcus-Warren
Kieff-Vonleh
Len-Wright/Biyombo

God no to Stephenson. I'd love to get Vonleh or Biyombo, but Stephenson on a long deal is just a huge no for me.
JJ13
Rookie

Post#1916 » by JJ13 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:43 pm

AtheJ415 wrote:
JJ13 wrote:Charlotte looking to get PG help with Kemba out...throwing this out there without watching much of the Hornet's games, more so coming from what I hear and draft hype from last year:

IT
Green
Plumlee

for

Biyombo
Vonleh
Stephenson

Bledsoe-Dragic-Ennis
Tucker-Marcus-Warren
Kieff-Vonleh
Len-Wright/Biyombo

God no to Stephenson. I'd love to get Vonleh or Biyombo, but Stephenson on a long deal is just a huge no for me.

I guess that's the "big ask" from Charlotte, trying to get rid of Stephenson so badly. Otherwise I'm guessing no shot of Biyombo/Vonleh. Also, $9M/yr blows but next year is the last year guaranteed, with 2016 being a team-option. Not as bad as it seems.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,816

Post#1917 » by Saberestar » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:59 pm

Just my personal opinion....

I am really hoping that we make some big trade before the trade deadline. I do not like too many players on the actual roster and is the first time that I have this feeling with the Suns...I think that I want only 7 or 8 players of this roster on the team for next year.
Morris Bros are good players , but they look like (Please Use More Appropriate Word) kids. Seriously, I can not stand them a lof of times.Isaiah is a baller, but a chucker at the same time with ego problems. Green is....Green. Goodwin has tons of potential, but his low basketball IQ and his words scared me a little bit. Plumlee is a bench BENCH player. I did not like Ennis selected with our #18 pick in the draft, but at least he has potential and good court's vision. Bullock bla bla bla.....

I want to have here next year Bledsoe, Dragic Bros ( Zoran can be a decent player), Len, Tucker (with an smaller role), Warren and Wright. Probably Goodwin and/or Ennis too. That is all.
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#1918 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:21 am

Saberestar wrote:Just my personal opinion....

I am really hoping that we make some big trade before the trade deadline. I do not like too many players on the actual roster and is the first time that I have this feeling with the Suns...I think that I want only 7 or 8 players of this roster on the team for next year.
Morris Bros are good players , but they look like (Please Use More Appropriate Word) kids. Seriously, I can not stand them a lof of times.Isaiah is a baller, but a chucker at the same time with ego problems. Green is....Green. Goodwin has tons of potential, but his low basketball IQ and his words scared me a little bit. Plumlee is a bench BENCH player. I did not like Ennis selected with our #18 pick in the draft, but at least he has potential and good court's vision. Bullock bla bla bla.....

I want to have here next year Bledsoe, Dragic Bros ( Zoran can be a decent player), Len, Tucker (with an smaller role), Warren and Wright. Probably Goodwin and/or Ennis too. That is all.

Funny, I'm also hoping for a big trade, but it's Goran I'd like to see shipped out. Get value while you can, because he won't stick around after this season, methinks.

Doubt we can find a taker for the MoBros, and I also doubt we can get a decent replacement for Markieff before next season. I wouldn't mind trading Tucker or Green, either.
BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,785

Post#1919 » by BobbieL » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:39 am

After the last two games - Houston and Clippers - I am open for business

Except for Len and Bledsoe - doesn't matter to me

Suns have 15 players plus Bogdanovich and one draft pick - thats 17 spots
Green is an expiring so thats 16

Ryan needs to do a 6 for 2 trade or something.

Get OKC involved - Perkins is an expiring for a third team if need be
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,542

Post#1920 » by Jdiddy701 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:47 am

BobbieL wrote:[b][b]After the last two games - Houston and Clippers - I am open for business[/b][/b]

Except for Len and Bledsoe - doesn't matter to me

Suns have 15 players plus Bogdanovich and one draft pick - thats 17 spots
Green is an expiring so thats 16

Ryan needs to do a 6 for 2 trade or something.

Get OKC involved - Perkins is an expiring for a third team if need be

AGREE! Gut feeling says Suns make a trade sometime this week. I am open trading everyone, except Len, Bledsoe, and Warren. I would hope Suns can keep Green.

Return to Phoenix Suns